Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profile picture question sorry

I know its a dumb question to everyone here, but my profile picture editor doesn't load the picture I select, but it also doesn't tell me why. It just loads like everything is okay and then when I click done nothing changes. any thoughts?

that was my first thought but I trimmed the image down and still didn't get an error saying it was too big, so I wasn't sure. I'll cut it down some more.

Could be the filetype causing the saved image to take up a large amount of space. If I remember right the limit for uploads is about 7-8 megabytes. A picture saved as a .bmp will take up more space on the server than say a .jpg or similar with the same resolution. It all depends on the compression of the image. When compressed though you will lose a bit of the original quality, so at that point its about finding the right height and width while remaining within the upload limit.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] is right - it's not the physical size of the image, but the size of it's file. Try saving it in different formats (.jpg, .png, etc.) and uploading. One of them should work!

[member="Dain Krendl"]

I think the first one was right. I trimmed it down to 499 x 499 and it loaded up without an issue. I'll keep file size in mind for next time too though, cuz I wasn't thinking about that. thank you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom