Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problematic Drinking

Matreya

Zaiden sat among the shadows of the Corellian bar, glass of bourbon in his grasp. Feet on the table, with his free hand behind his head, Zaiden looked calm. Despite it being the exact opposite, for inside Zaiden was irritated - nigh furious. Everytime he did something good, it seemed to blow up in his face..

God he wished he had something to hit...

@[member="Saoirse Jenulia"]

Elanor Wraith

Missed me, Missed me, now we got a history!
@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"]

If he was looking for a permissible target, Zaiden might perhaps be forgiven a bit of frustration when the next person to stroll into the Corellian dive was not only a fairly short, slender woman - but a blind one at that. Saoirse was breezing though Corellia as she often did, and had decided that some of her pocket change would be well-spent on a tall, cold drink of something sharp enough to take the edge off, but soft enough not to dominate the rest of her night. In a mood like that, the solution was a clear and easy 'beer'. Finding a bar was somewhat problematic when you were blind and could not read signs, but Saoirse had a sharp nose and a keen intuition.

Old wood, stale smoke and cheap liquor had a way of ensnaring the senses when one walked by them.

Taking a seat at the bar with her duffel bag at the foot of her stool and a tall staff leaning beside her, the Miralukan held up a small credit chip and stared directly ahead of herself with a polite, wan smile. "Do you have draft Green Medallion here?" She asked hopefully.

The bartender gave her an appraising look. "Pint or pitcher?"

"A pint, thanks." Saoirse requested, paying for her drink then waiting patiently for it's arrival.

Matreya

Zaiden watched the young woman walk in, and instantly the man noticed something different about her. Despite appearing blind, Zaiden had the sense she knew very well were everything was around them...

Give the woman back her money, I got her drinks. He sent telepathically to the waiter, whom when he brought her requested pint placed the chip back in front of her without another word and returned to his business. Rising slowly Zaiden walked to a table closer to the woman. It had been many, many years since he had seen another Miraluka...

Elanor Wraith

Curiously, her money was no good here. As though to offer an answer to a question that hadn't left her lips, Saoirse sensed a man approaching from somewhere behind her. He reeked of the Force - the portion of it that she, herself was more familiar with - and as such she decided against brushing him off as she would a potential suitor or something of the like. Tilting her head slightly to one side to familiarize herself with the cadance of the man's steps and attempt to judge his height from the weight, (Verdict: Tall) Saoirse's simple motion indicated that she was aware of his presence before she spoke.

"Thank you for the pint." The Miralukan noted politely, sipping some of the foam from her beer.

Matreya

Zaiden laughed softly, he was getting rusty. Last he saw one of his brethren, he had gotten within inches before detection. Rounding the table and closing the gap he sat near her, but not to close.

"My pleasure, it's not often I find a Miraluka in my presence. When I do, I attempt to make my appearance seem better than it actually is." He said, offering a soft smile. His anger sat just below the edge of the surface, but none the less he held it at bay.

Elanor Wraith

"Not as though your appearance means much. Combed hair, blind, etcetera." Saoirse commented absently, before adjusting her black blindfold with her thumb. "...I'm joking, naturally." The wandering knight added as an afterthought, setting her feet on the bottom rungs of her stool, stretching the rips in her jeans out with pale, freckled skin.

"Have a 'thing' for Miraluka, do we?" The blonde asked with a mild smirk, sipping her beer. Cold, bubbly, hops and barley. Delicious no matter where one managed to find it.

Matreya

Zaiden grinned, "Nope. Honestly, I have a bred trait, hate humans and Miraluka. My biological father despised me, mom...she hated everything about me. She was the Miraluka. I used to defend my little sister, so she never had to know her wrath..." Zaiden said honestly, "I was sold like trash eventually. But that's not fair, so as to counter the unnatural hate I show respect. It's due to my mother's blood that I have many of the natural talents I do." He continued, taking a deep pull from his glass with a relishing sigh.

Elanor Wraith

If there was one curse that Saoirse Jenulia regarded as the true scourge of the Galaxy, it was the great assortment of turrible pasts. On some days, it seemed you couldn't spit in a given direction without hitting some genetic monstrosity, tortured orphan, or a last-of-her-kind hybrid. Saoirse's view might have been a little different if she hadn't had a fairly innocuous childhood before she went out into the Galaxy looking for trouble of her own accord, but she was what she was. And what she was was entirely unsympathetic.

Even her boyfriend wasn't beyond being mocked for griping about his tortured backstory. Saoirse was a woman who lived in the present, and didn't much care about the past. What use was dwelling on something you couldn't change? What was the point on carrying it around your neck like a weight? The Miraluka's demeanor became notable less friendly, on the border of frosty and frigid. "Do you often buy women a beer and then spill your family story?" The blonde asked archly. "Because therapists usually charge more than a single pint - and brother, ain't a soul in the universe who can afford my therapy."

Matreya

Zaiden laughed a little more audibly than last time, "No that's courtesy of Bourbon. It's ok though, as I don't have much else to say now...except maybe a proposition. Despite our size differences, I sense a capable opponent in you. Would you care to finish our drinks, and step outside for a little boxing or sparring match? I haven't had the opportunity in a long time to face one of ours."

Elanor Wraith

"You say 'ours', but I think you're reaching. I feel your eyes, stranger." Saoirse commented dryly. "Be that as it may - I could use something to stimulate myself after the long ride I just left." The Miraluka decided resolutely, taking a long sip from her beer. Once she had the flavor of the sip, the small, slender woman stood up and slowly tipped the pint back, steadily finishing off the remainder of the cold beverage. She set it down with a sigh, wiped her lips with the back of her hand, and picked up her staff.

"A spar could be just the thing. What did you have in mind."

Matreya

Zaiden slapped back the rest of his drink, the dark liquor scorching his throat, "Hand to hand could be a problem, as our size difference, but is the least dangerous form of sparring I can think of. so I guess it's your choice." Zaiden said, shrugging nonchalantly. Rising, the Legate slowly exited the building, holding the door for the woman.

Elanor Wraith

With her bag and her staff, Saoirse nodded thanks and stepped out through the door Zaiden was holding open. "Now, see, you should know by now that size isn't everything." Saoirse chirped brightly. "I'm quick, I'm scrappy - an' I can take a hit." The blonde promised, pulling in a pair of thick leather work gloves she'd gotten from her bag. Saoirse set off briskly towards a grassy area where they could throw down without attracting too much negative attention. "So. First to a pin? First to pass out loses? How do you wanna play this, big guy?" The small Miraluka asked with a cheerful grin, sliding her heavy boots off so her speed wouldn't be as limited.

Matreya

Zaiden retrieved a pair of fingerless cloves from his pocket, something he always carried for some reason. Once adjusted properly so they weren't cutting off any blood flow or anything, Zaiden shrugged, "Your choice. I'm bugger so Ill let you decide, and no that's no slight against yourself, just something I do for most that are smaller. I have always felt it better to respect those with .. vertical challenges."

Elanor Wraith

"Got a pretty high opinion of yourself, don't you?" Saoirse snarked dryly, putting her hands on her hips once her boots were out of the way. The grass felt good underfoot, the soil was nice and loamy - it'd provide plenty of traction for bare feet. Big, heavy boots might cut into it. Not her problem. Sao's cloak and hood joined the pile of her things. Was it wise to fist fight in ripped jeans and a tank top? Maybe not. But having a long flowing cloak and heavy boots would only hurt her chances more. "First to call uncle or pass out loses." Saoirse decided, tightening her ponytail and blindfold.

With that done, the small blonde woman dropped into a low, defensive stance. Her feet were set a solid distance apart, giving her a low and balanced center of gravity at the cost of movement. Her hands were open and forward, held at roughly her midsection. An experienced brawler would recognize this as a grappler's stance - or that of someone who was preparing to re-direct a larger opponent's momentum away from herself.

Matreya

Zaiden grinned, recognizing the stance she chose. She was a fighter, that was for sure. Removing his shirt, belt, boots, and cloak, Zaiden stretched for a moment. He hadn't brawled with fists in many a year. This would be perfect for him to test if he had gotten rusty, "Yes I am a bit sure of myself. Many have already said I am up for Master Nominations amongst the Fringe. I have battled several masters, one being the current and last reigning emperor's of the Sith. I have a reason to be sure of myself, but does this mean I do not acknowledge your challenge?" Zaiden said, shaking his head to answer the question. Dropping into his own stance, with both hands balled tight, one higher and off to the side while the other remained tucked into his side. It was a position he learned from a Matukai Sin'die practitioner.

"Shall I start?"

Elanor Wraith

So, the man had a pedigree to back up all of his boasting. Saoirse wasn't terribly surprised. What was more remarkable was that he'd apparently fought her Master. Small Galaxy and all that - but he'd never seemed the sort to go toe-to-toe with a giant like this. Then again, he'd likely say the same of her, and yet here she was. Roaming across the galaxy, nicking wallets and picking fights and generally having a blast.

"Please, do." Saoirse invited calmly, smirking.

Matreya

The moment the words were out of her mouth, Zaidens outstretched hand began a flurry of blows, most aimed at her face. Precision and speed backed each blow, but it didn't matter as in the end his real attack, came from the curled fist. Lunging closer, Zaiden brought the fist forward in a tremendous power aimed for her stomach. Finally, Zaiden ducked behind the woman and brought a powerful kick aimed for the top of her skull.

Elanor Wraith

Saoirse realized very quickly that she couldn't overpower her opponent - not that she'd walked into this sparring match intending to beat a giant in a game of force, but she was a practitioner of Soresu. Wearing a foe down until they slipped up was pretty much rule one. This guy had size, experience, and power - of course his endurance was quite likely better than her own. His devastating flurry of punches met open palms, directing the strikes away from her face. Each one she did not meet fluidly enough sent waves of force down her arms, threatening to make her crumple.

Then came a punch she could not redirect - a body blow. Sao took a half step backwards and brought her leg up nimbly, intercepting Zaiden's wrist with her shin. When blocking a powerful saber, you blocked close to the hilt. When blocking a powerful punch, you blocked the wrist. Even still, as flexible and balanced as the small blonde was, the sheer power behind the blow nearly knocked her off her feet. She could feel a nasty bruise welling up against the bone.

And then, he was behind her. If she hadn't been a Miraluka, the attack from her blind spot would have caught her off guard. As it stood, her Force vision gave her the first edge she'd had in this fight. As his kick came down for her skull, Sao shifted her positioning - back still to Zaiden - and took the powerful kick to the shoulder. The force of it drove her to her knees... but that was right where she wanted to be. Going to her knees let her disperse the power behind it better, and it gave her a base for what she was about to do next.

Saoirse wrapped her arms around Zaiden's powerful leg, keeping it against her shoulder. Writhing around like a petite blonde snake, the Miraluka woman attempted to wrap her legs around Zaiden's and force him off-balance, to the ground, in a painful leg lock.

He was faster, stronger, and more experienced. But Saoirse had flexibility on her side, and she intended to make use of it and not get knocked out like some little punk.

Matreya

Zaiden was surprised by the litheness of the young woman as each of his blows seemed to do little, until he struck her knee. Then things seemed to change, but quickly rearranged yet again with her grappling him on the ground. Allowing himself to be caught, and shifting slightly around, Zaiden aimed several strikes at the place his kick had landed earlier. With Phrik enhanced cybernetics, the blows would feel far more solid being in close range then before. If she did nothing, she would end up crawling away from the battle.

Zaiden couldn't lie, the woman had surprised him already. Not many knew how twist a brute around, but she had. His leg was in an immense amount of pain, but hopefully she would release her hold in place of saving her own.

Elanor Wraith

Blow after blow rained down on her leg, shaking it to the very core. Saoirse big back the weak, girlish cry of pain that tried to creep out of her mouth, and instead focused her attention on keeping the hold. If she'd known that Zaiden's blows were enhanced with cybernetics? Might have been a different story. In her mind, she wasn't about to lose just because a big guy was punching the crap out of her. As a woman who got around the galaxy by sneaking onto ships and making herself at home in the dark corners, she wasn't easy to overpower. If she was, she'd be dead.

Trying to twist herself away from Zaiden's blows without relinquishing the death grip her thighs and arms kept on his leg, Saoirse made the message clear - if nobody called 'uncle', one or both of them were walking away from here with a broken limb. The veins in her arms and neck stood out with the sheer exertion of keeping the hold when her leg was a dull bar of absolute agony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom