Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Private]Initiation

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran had not been asleep for no more than a few hours when he woke up, tossing and turning. Today he was going to start his training under the tutelage of Jedi Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"] . She was one of the first individuals that he had the pleasure of meeting when he first arrived here so he had already grown fond of the woman and trusted her. After his revelation was revealed and they were so accepting it only softened his heart more so to the idea that others wouldn't think him a monster or a murderer.

The young man rolled to his side staring at the small clock that rested on his nightstand. His alarm was set to go off within the next few minutes, but he opted to forgo the waiting the rest of the time. Kiran climbed out of bed, turning the alarm clock off and moved towards the shower and washed up before getting dressed.

Nerves hadn't really settled even after he was finally able to get some sleep. Kiran dressed in his regular attire, that seemed fit for him. And to be quite honest it was really free fit clothing to wear and he had good room to breath in it.

Kiran clasped his hands together, rubbing them against each other slightly as he walked down the hallway after leaving his room. The early morning brought a strange coolness to the Silvers home, or perhaps that was just how the structure was built.

The young man entered the main hall as he awaited for Master Nooran to arrive. Hope he hadn't misinterpreted the time and place. That's all he needed was to be late to his first training session with her. Kiran had a lot to prove, and he would try to be as humble and graceful about it as possible, she was after all the grand-master of their order.

((Note: Still just Master of the Order at this point.))

Most morning, Jyoti liked to start her day alone doing morning exercises or some meditations out by the lake, but today there had been a small change of plans. She had a new student under her wing, Kiran. After dancing around the Jedi question for a long time, it seemed like her former IE friend was ready to take the plunge.

She found him easily enough in the main hall, the young man appropriately dressed for training. Likewise, she wore her usual Jedi robes. Snow white in appearance, but no less tough and capable. Matching her robes was a silver lightsaber hilt hanging from her grey belt.

"Kiran! Good morning to you," she exclaimed, a big smile on her face. She was happier about this than she initially realized. It always felt good to her working with "alternate" characters that didn't fit the mold of what people considered Jedi material. "Glad to see you made it on time, I'm ready to get this going."

There were several chairs and benches spread out along the walls of the main hall. She motioned for him to join her at one of the benches.

She sat down with a small sigh, then crossed her ankles. "So, what questions do you have for me at this time?"

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Kiran Arlos

K
"Good morning Jyoti, Master." Kiran smiled and chuckled lightly as he moved towards her rather excited to see her and gave a respectful bow. Kiran was eager to get things going however he knew this path would be a long and arduous one, he was more than ready to accept the task that was before him. She motioned towards the benches and chairs and he nodded his head and joined her, the smallest of smiles on his face as he sat down.

It seemed strange that he was so happy considering most of his life had been spent in exile and driven by tragedy. However his revelation seemed to open up who he really was and what he was before those events transpired and that he was a good person and had a lot to offer the galaxy.

To any who needed him...

She asked if he had any questions, and he had just one for right now. But it was a question that he had wondered about ever since he first arrived, the very first time. And he just never really got the chance to ask. Kiran narrowed his eyes for a moment as he looked towards the ground as he honed in to try and exactly find the right words to the question. "Perhaps one thing actually. I know Jedi are keepers of the peace, but at some point has anyone ever just gotten lost. Like, they've lost sight of what they are supposed to do?"

Kiran was curious about this not for him, but just in general. While he was still new to the Jedi experience, he still had experiences in the galaxy. And he ran into those few that had chosen the path of exile because of things they have done as Jedi or people they have failed.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Jyoti clasped her hands together, thinking about his question for a moment before answering. She didn't like the idea of speaking ill of others, but he should know the truth.

"It happens more often than I like," she admitted. "Jedi getting so wrapped up in their struggles that they forget what they're fighting for. Defending the people, bringing balance, these tenants are forgotten as Jedi are consumed by their ego and a thirst for power. Then they may become as bad as the very things they vowed to destroy."

She took a pause and let out a small sigh. "I was one of them, and it nearly cost me everything."

It was tempting to go into specifics, but Kiran nor anyone else could know about her truly, or it would unravel the progress she had made.

"Fortunately, I had people around me that pulled me back to my senses, eventually. When we make mistakes or start to drift away from our values, its always a good thing to have someone to pull you back. Your friends and family can help provide a personal anchor to keep you grounded. The importance the Silver Order places on community is what has allowed us to persist where other Jedi Organizations have died out."

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran's expression softened a little bit as he looked over to her. "That's unfortunate...." Kiran couldn't help but continue to look at Jyoti for the next few moments before he cleared his throat and distracted himself by taking a glance at the group of Jedi passing near them. Jedi were human just like everyone else and were susceptible to the vices of the world. He was slightly surprised by this news, not too much. But it did get his already curious mind to wanting to ask more questions than just that one. But perhaps now wasn't the best of time.

"I'm glad you were able to climb out of the rift." Kiran said as he looked back over to her with a small smile on his face. "I'll be sure to thank those that helped you, if I ever meet them." He wasn't sure if he would be here if it wasn't for [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

She was able to be here and able to give him a chance, so he owed those people thanks.

"I'm going to do my best. For you, and for myself."

It looked to surprise Kiran that she admitted that she was fallible, but she only chuckled. Admitting one's faults was the first step to fixing them, and she still had quite the list to work on.

"What I'd like to take away from my confession is that even as Jedi we make mistakes, and that's okay. As long as you're willing to correct the issue and try to improve."

She gave him a small pat the shoulder, and then rose from the bench. "Why don't we take a walk, I don't think you've yet had a proper tour of the grounds."

Slowly, she began to glide forward, giving Kiran ample time to catch up.

"So what's your experience with the Force. How would you rate your proficiency at this time?"

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom