Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Private] Crystalline Reverberations

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Crystalsong was a lovely little planet in the remote reaches of Gods-know-where, on the edge of the galaxy. It held incorruptible and absolute beauty, and some of the most exotic flora and minerals anyone had ever seen. Even still, Coruscanti pioneers had managed to leave their savage taint by colonizing. Others had soon followed. Now, a small portion of the planet had been consumed by humans and twi'lek. One day, they would all be exiled back to whence they came, but for now, life was simple and peaceful for most of Crystalsong's inhabitants. This included the young and aspiring Saera, daughter of Lady Savan, who was an avid and unique alchemist honing her skills in the art.
Saera finally had her business set up. The Hyperion droids had shipped. Her Subach-Inned order directly sent to her mother had delivered. Her bodyguard droid was stationed, and all of her alchemic lab tools were set up. The 'Crystal Heart,' she called it. There were few as magnificent locations to be witnessed on all of Crystalsong, and yet, the entire world was immeasurably and pricelessly beautiful all the same. Little Saera was down in the Heart, working on smoothing out the altar when she received a notification on the massive holodisplay now set up over the crystal blast furnace. According to the network, she had impending guests. She wasn't sure how they'd heard about her or what they hoped to acquire, but they were undoubtedly sent by Mommy Ashe. Any ally of her parents was an ally of hers. The chisel kept scathing away at the sides of a metallic, crystalline pillar.

@[member="Break"]​

Break had landed hours ago on the beautiful planet, a cloak and bandages hiding his identity once again. He once again turned on his comm hoping the voices wouldnt pervade his mind. Using a signal to reach her through her display blue text came up with a message

"Little one. I have come bearing a gift, a request and a possible friendship should you choose to accept them.
-Break "

Break waited at her door as he was sure she was alerted to his presence by now a small pet waiting in the shadows waiting to meet its new owner. He wasnt able to give much but A pet shouldnt be too hard to handle for the girl and would likely raise her spirits.

@[member="Særa Snow"]

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Another notification came up on the crystalline lab's holomonitor. As Saera motioned to open it with the Force, bright blue letters unfolded on the screen. Little one? Mmmh... she thought, pouting for a moment. Obliging to see a guest and ally of her mother's, she unlocked the mechanical door to the cavern with the Force, letting in the machine to what was the awe-striking sight of the cryastium cavern. At the center stood a small crystalline altar and sitting by it, the girl smoothing out its edges to a pristine polish. She slowly rose up and turned to greet him, tails whirling and blossoming as she walked.
"Hello.... You must be the guest my mom sent. Welcome to the Crystal Heart Workshop."
Her arms were bent behind her back in a shy sort of demeanor and her stance was clearly soft and welcoming.

@[member="Break"]​

Break stepped in sensors taking in the sight of the caverns however his head stayed motionless his eyes shut he made a soft whistle as a small 6 legged creature followed him into the door. Shutting the door behind him Break pulled back the hood showing a kind, young looking face. He smiled at the young fox girl
"Please forgive my attire, I do not like my face to be known... BUT! I come bearing a gift!"
The small red acklay at his side steps forth doing a trained bow,
"My name is Break, and this here is Gospel. A pet from my home planet. He will do as you bid him and can usually help with simple tasks."
He paused for a second as he removed the robes leaving his armor
"I suppose youre wondering about my request eh?"

@[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera smiled faintly and blushed as she watched the small, red Acklay Minor come in. It's ever so adorable bow made her grin momentarily, before returning back to her shy, withdrawn posture.
"It's... surprisingly cute...." she murmured back happily. "Thanks."
She pressed on forward a couple of steps and slowly rose her plant-tinged hand up, timidly placing it on the Acklay Minor's head. She was reluctant at first as it writhed in place a little, pulling her hand back slightly. Finally, she drew up the courage to place it back down. It was a tame little thing for an Acklay. She'd much enjoy its company. Her head rose up back to the guest before her.
"I already know all about it.... She said that you were looking for a new blade of a specific quality, and thought of me." Saera smiled again with wide eyes, always happy to be wanted and accredited by her loving parents... even if her mother was sort of a husk now, individually speaking. "I can help you, but it won't be easy. See those chunks by the furnace? Those are special ores called Cryastium. They look like shiny crystals, but they're actually a very rigid metal. It'll make a blade exactly like you described!"
Saera tried her best to feel him out in the Force and get an idea of his alignment. She couldn't really tell, but her abilities were still of a lower grade. She decided to omit the part about the different values of alchemy, foregoing it by Force imbument. The desired effect was the same, the latter merely not having supernatural properties or any nuances in the Force.

[member="Break"]​

Break listened carefully as he walked over and examined the cryastium he ran it through his scanners each one giving him exemplary results of its strength and beauty
"This is perfect material, of course I would expect nothing less than this from your mother either..."
He knew that quality of which miss sheolette had shown in her work was always of the highest grade and imagined that this would be a family trait.
He picked up a small piece in its hand. The material just had something about it was absolutely perfect.
"What is the process in which we shall extract usable material from the cryastium?"
He said looking at the material. Alchemy was something he was new to and this new material had him vexed.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

"Not much," the young Vinferalathi replied, "We just chuck it in the furnace where the smelting pot is and wait for the impurities to surface. The pure, raw metal runs through a sifter leaving the less consistent impurities behind, then it's smelted into bars. These bars get hammered out into the shape of whatever it is I'm making. The fact that we're on a natural nexus makes it so much easier, because the substance's already used to the flow of the Force."
Now that Saera had bought over two dozen mining droids and vehicles from the SSB auctions, she could afford to focus solely on either meditating or practicing her craft as they would work ceaselessly in the background to mine whatever quantity of material she demanded. There were even a few Permafrost gems lying around as luck would have it.
"I hope you know how to lift a hammer," Saera said as she pulled out a batch of cooled bars that were smelted and compressed earlier that week.
The altar was part of the forging process, and much of her time would either be spent hammering away at heated bars and ingots or meditating upon the altar.
[member="Break"]​

Break watched as she brought out the cooled bars looking around he found a suitable hammer, having shaped metal before it wasn't too hard to find an acceptable one.
"Bending metal to my needs comes naturally to me." He chuckled as he lifted the hammer it's weight not phasing him.
"Tell me what needs to be done and I will do it." He smiled eager to begin work.

Saera Willamina Savan

As the man(machine) lifted the hammer high in the air with little effort, Saera drew her focus solely on the bars at hand. One by one, she stacked them ever so nicely in a pyramid beside the altar. Next to it was anvil. Half of the work was simply beating down metal while adding supernatural elements or focusing in the Force. Since Saera was obviously too small to pick up a sledge or an apprentice's hammer, she was never really able to compress the folds as tightly as she wanted, leaving her crystalline blades weaker and heavier than their true potential had.
"Hit it right there - but be careful.!It's been super-heated in an alchemic Force flame and it's nice and soft, but that doesn't mean you can't still ruin the metal with a few wrong strokes. I'll hammer it out after each strike...." said Saera with an unfamiliar openness and energy. This was her work mindset finally exposed. The altar helped her focus in the Force and in turn made the already-aligned metals all that much easier to meditate upon.
"Alright. Ready when you are...." the Vinferalathi continued.
The crystalline metal held a surreal molten glow of white and frosty blue as it reacted with the immense thermal energy and molecular alignment. He would be shocked to find that once the glow of the heat faded as it cooled, a new glow would eventually replace it; that of the energy of the Force. Saera already had the Permafrost shard on hand to imbue into the four-pronged blade once it took shape. If not for the location, it would have likely failed nine times out of ten. If the blade didn't take, they'd just have to repeat the process. She had all the time in the world.

[member="Break"]​

The droid sat ready to learn as he saw her stack the pyramid of bars listening to her directions and her warning. "Ready." Break raised his hammer and struck the metal in the exact spot as instructed. His strength making up for the small fox girl's, and her knowledge making up for his lack of. Break had full faith in her talent and abilities. "So what will the permafrost crystal do?" He said after a swing

Saera Willamina Savan

"It's a medium for the Force," she replied. "This metal is already aligned by the Force. Even after smelting it for smithing, it keeps its structure so that it's able to easily be imbued again. If I focus on the Force while hammering away at it, it slowly takes it in and can become a weapon almost as powerful as a lightsaber. Well... it won't cut through solid metal, but it will be extremely sharp!"
Saera kept hammering away at the edge, flipping the metal over and botting it back down until it became more and more dense. With every fold and trim, it would become flatter and surprisingly a bit lighter. Smithing technique was just important as meditation or alchemy in this regard, as there was no substitute for keen eye for a seam. Saera continued to flatten and forge bars into flat, pointed surfaces until slowly, the prongs began to take shape.

[member="Break"]​

Break struck on que with each strike precise and rhythmic as a computer could do watching and learning her methods. Break was a great apprentice and helper no matter the process. Often even Gospel brought water containers to the two Break rolled his eyes at the creature as he did not drink. Striking again perfectly.

"Interesting...*strike* how often *strike* do you forge? *strike*"

Saera Willamina Savan

Reaching over for a moment in pause, Saera cuddled Gospel's head, a half-plant happy to have water after hours of hard labor and meditation.
"He's so cute...." she giggled.
Reaching for the mallets again, the girl grabbed a chisel and began chipping away the last bits of molten off the folded edges, the final prong still somewhat fresh out of the over. With several more heavy beats down to seal the folds seamlessly and molecularly compress and align the metal, it began bleeding off its molten glow and finally took the shape, more or less, of what Break had desired. Each of the four prongs was virtually identical to the other in every way conceivable. Shape, weight, folds; they were all similar to the post-molecular level. Saera's focus had payed off, as the blade began radiating an ever so slight presence of the Force. The metal, naturally aligned by the nexus it was chipped from, had taken well to her meditated smithing and dedication to the task at hand. Finally, it was time to take it over to the altar for the most important part of the process; the binding of a Force sensitive catalyst to the heart of the blade to seal its power.
"All I can say about this next part... is that I hope you have an 'off' switch. I need to meditate on the blade for a couple of hours, then I'll prepare to bind this crystal in with the Force. I need complete and utter silence and tranquility." Saera pondered for a moment, wondering what she could offer to occupy the humbly patient man's time. "Hmm. I know! Why don't you go around and make sure all of the mining droids are shut off so I can begin in peace and quiet?"
Saera could have simply gave one verbal command to the nearby stationary IBIS droid, but she felt it best to leave it to [member="Break"] instead. It would be a shame to actually make him wait outside with nothing to do as inevitably countless hours pass and night took hold. (Even though there never was night or day that far underground, only in the Force.)

Break nodded. He actually wondered why she didn't simply order the Ibis droid to shut them down, but anything was better than sitting around for hours on end. He moved out quickly setting off to his assigned task Gospel following closely as they went to fulfill the young Savans wish.

Saera Willamina Savan

Now came the boring part. Saera was there, hands held over the crystal as she latticed it into the heart of the blade, though seemingly absent. In truth, she was slowly withdrawing to the deep recesses of her conscious where her focus was prime. Slowly, the girl seemed to phase out of tangible reality, focusing only on blade and master. The Force around her began to channel through her ever-slowly increasing, generating the slightest of auras from her hands to the breadth of the weapon. Though it wouldn't be seen, it was on the verge of a very slow microscopic change. The Art of the Small may have been a quicker method than Force channeling through charged material, but such a skill was far above even her own comprehension. In the mean time, there was always the inert but aware IBIS droid to speak to.

[member="Break"]​

Break walked through the narrow corridors of the planets insides lights strewn about to help one navigate through the mines easily giving off a soft cold glow. Break decided to dislodge one and use it to light his way, admittedly he didnt -NEED- it but he did like trying to pretend he was human. and it gave him something to do as he looked for the droids he was sent to shut down. each one he would meet along the way giving him a the directions to the next droid before he shut them down for the time being. Break did feel sorry for these droids seeing them toil away for his own gain but as Dredge would say all serve a purpose if even a small one. That is what helped him move along anyway. Break moved along humming his sisters tune at a marching pace.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER

"Grod Dammit Saera! how many of these things do you have???" he moved through the mines a bit irritated that she had so many but still happy to help her. every now and then he would stop and play with Gospel for a spell and take a rest but now he was sure about her quality of work. If she took this long to connect with the force the item would be of the quality he expected he would have to repay her somehow.

Saera Willamina Savan

Much, much later, the procedure was virtually complete. There were just a few final touches necessary before the whole thing could be considered a clear success. The gem fragment was married into the heart of the blade and the two had taken well to each other thanks to the naturally improved alignment of the source metal and the perfectly undisturbed meditative state of the girl. Now that she had "woken up," Saera began to investigate the blade as her faculties quickly graduated back to full.
Edges, check. Crystal, check. Sharpness... oww, check. The aura seems stable and the color matches the item quite nicely. Seems to be resisting pinpoint pressure well. Looks good! she thought.
"Huh? Where did he wander off to...? I hope he didn't get lost in the pathways above the cavern. Taskmaster, please access the surveillance droids. Um... see if you can find him. I hope he didn't get bored and leave...."
Four small photoreceptors in the stationed IBIS Droid's head lit up as it came back to life and began interfacing the surveillance droids wandering about the complex. If [member="Break"] was there somewhere, one would hail him if discovered.

She would see Break sitting down playing with Gospel. The two were starting to have a little fun together before being separated. The small creature and Break had been decent friends as the acklay grew up and Break was happy to see him go to a good home. Noticing the droid that had been sent to find him and the creature Break obliged it's request to follow back to [member="Særa Ayña Savan"].

Saera Willamina Savan

Surprising for a girl her stature and age, Saera waited for [member="Break"] to reemerge before hurdling the heavy glaive towards him with a quick and supple flicker. It coursed through the air like a rotary wing and did a spinning barrel roll before lodging one of its prongs firmly into one of the rock faces freed of any crystal, leaving a long gash into the wall from its rotation.
"Try it out - just don't break it, it's still kind of fragile to vibrations and metal collisions...."

Break watched as the blade flew through the air and lodge itself in the wall he easily pulled it from the wall spinning the glaive on the tip of his finger the metal whirring through the air he smiled the blade felt good in his hands. The weight was perfect as he began readying himself to throw it he walked to [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] and turned to the same wall she threw it at. With precision and power he landed the same shot landing it with a pleasant whir from the blade as it flew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom