Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Private Collections

Lliara Daeva

Pharmaceuticals (Save|Kill)
Following After Welcome to the Hellmakers...

Lliara stood with her hands behind her back. Her thumb and forefinger cradled a cylindrical object between them held fast to against the belt at her waist. A smile played at her lips with her eyes closed. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. The tips of her fingers began to slide over the tops and bottom of every vial in her possession, working their way around from the back to the front. It only took three seconds to complete the circuit.

As the pad of her thumb rested atop the belt above the tops of her legs, Lliara's eyelids slid open once more. A mental exercise designed to ensure perfect recall of every substance and device she carried on her person. In the heat of the moment, Lliara would need to find one in half a second and there'd be no room for error. Something that could kill with but a drop would be next to an elixir that could bring the recently deceased back among the living. Fortunately, she never failed this exercise.

Golden rings shifted around to the side before Lliara tuned her head slightly at the sound of someone approaching. The Mirialan smiled. It was a well-practice smile. More often than not it was necessary for her to gain the trust of a complete stranger. Not everything could be managed by injecting someone with a chemical or slipping something into their drink. Sometimes a warm smile and a kind word got you places far faster and far more easily than any other method.

"Perhaps someday I'll have a more stable place to house my own collection as well,"
Lliara continued on a conversation from before. "Though, I could arrange for us to visit it in the near future." She didn't give any specifics, but anything of true value was kept... mobile. Not any where near her person while engaged in a job. It was safer that way. Too much was at stake to have someone follow her back to her... home.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

one of many places for me, home is...subjective to me. I've got my clans home, my own personal home, and many other "home" in the galaxy. Though I will not turn down a offer to see your collection, which actually leads me to ask are you a modern inquisitor or one that somehow ended up in these times?

Star asked inquisitively to the inquisitor next to her, the shuttle they were in lazily flew through the bright blue sky of imahalyan, they'd pass massive fields of crops as the plains stretched our far as the eye could see. They'd be approaching a small house that was surrounded by several fields of different ceops, all which had droids maintaining them.

this is where I come to be...unlike what most in the family know me as. Course I'm still ever bit as lethal as if I'm not here

She flashed a toothy grin as they shuttle slowly landed and whined down, the ramp would open and stardust would step out as she looked everything over a spell before nodding satisfied that nothing looked out of place

but welcome, your the first of the made to step foot here

Lliara Daeva

Stardust's assortment of "homes" was unfamiliar to the Mirialan. When was the last time she'd shared a home with anyone? So far as she could recall any more, the one she had hidden away was all that had ever existed. Everywhere else had merely been a momentary lay over or somewhere to conduct business.

Then the green Twi'lek asked a rather curious question. One that prompted a smirk. "If you were anyone else, I'd simply say, 'yes.' As you're showing me your private collection, however," the black-garbed woman shrugged slightly, "I shouldn't be ungrateful." A gloved hand reached up and slowly slid over the front of her left shoulder. "They don't make them like this any more. It's the weave. The attention to detail. A consuming desire to instill a sense of respect in those visited by a wearer. My origins begin there, but..." golden eyes flicked back to Stardust, "I wasn't locked in a cryo-chamber for generations. Perhaps, as we grow to learn of one another, I'll show you more than my collection of fond treasures." If the tall, hardened woman had an interest in matters of science.

Lliara's eyes slid out to the window to watch the scenery slip by the ship as they dove in toward a house that stood in isolation from any other. A curiosity. All the prestige and credits, and she had a reclusive, personal estate built? Woman after Lliara's own heart. Perhaps for different reasons, but the Mirialan wouldn't complain.

"It is not the location that makes us who we are, but what we do," Lliara agreed. If Stardust had been a target for assassination this place would be ideal, but Stardust herself would remain formidable. A crowded venue where direct contact would not be necessary would have been much safer. Just as well Lliara hadn't been hired for such a task. Now The Family had her on retainer, so to speak.

As they stepped out of the shuttle, a quick survey of the area was conducted visually. A radiant gaze turned over to where Stardust stood at the woman's admission. "Do you find it... strange to invite others to your place of solitude?" She descended down the ramp slowly. "I have never invited anyone to my home either." Not anyone that she had any intention of letting live anyway.

you meet people for a reason, whether it be business or the force has pushed your path to meet said person whether that be momentarily or long term. What you do when you meet said person however determines the path after

Approaching the house stardust would pull a key out to unlocking the door and open it, stepping in she took a glance as she did when she stepped out of the shuttle and nodded again satisfied once more

mmmmm...we've all got our ways...some wish to let time take them. But others like us find ways be it natural or unnatural to continue on so we can make our mark on this ever expanding universe bigger

Sliding her voidstone ring off just a few second lliara would be able to suddenly feel a massive presence in the force come from stardust, but it was quickly gone as she put the ring back on and moved for her to enter. Inside of the house seemed rather normal if not a older design with a living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms. Further down to where the rooms were seemed to be a closet. Looking to Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva stardust would genuinly smile

ah I suppose I said that wrong, it's not so much a place of solitude as it's a place where titles do not matter. Here I'm not caporegime solus or the emerald dragon or anything else like that just stardust...plus its calming to do some farming time to time, after all its better to be a warrior in a garden then a gardener in war

With that she went to the closet and pressed a button nearby as the door slid to the side revealing a elevator

I'd be worried if you invited me...course that's if I didn't know you at first

She chuckled and flashed her a grin before she entered the elevator

Lliara Daeva

Lliara wasn't one for The Force setting someone's Fate. It would have been difficult for her to be as she was, now, if she had even an inkling of a notion to care what Fate or The Force wanted. "So it does," she replied. Yes, once the dark specter of Lliara crossed one of her Subject's path, said path was quite diverted from its original course.

Stardust then went on to remark about the two options the living had to them -- surrender to the rigors of time, or find some means of extending what 'Fate' sought to claim. Golden rings observed the tall Twi'lek as she slipped a ring free, briefly, to unleash a sizeable presence in The Force. Some might marvel at a strange, unnerving sensation that crept across their skin. The Mirialan, however, was not ignorant of what Force Powers were or their usage. Not that she spent all her time learning how to flatten mountains.

Quiet laughter accompanied the olive-green woman as she glided inside Stardust's domain. "With strength like that, Inquisitors would have been torn between convincing you to join them... and extinguishing your flame from the universe. I wonder which you would have chosen." Seeing how the Twi'lek was part of The Family there was a strong argument toward 'join,' but with the Inquisitors -- born of a Sith philosophy -- tendency not to help one another in order to advance... Lliara felt Stardust would likely have enjoyed watching her incompetent Brothers and Siters fall and claim greater spoils for herself, or refuse and crush anyone that thought 'die' was the only remaining alternative.

A place where titles didn't matter? Lliara hadn't give that much thought, honestly. She recognized the hierarchy of authority in The Family, but the Mirialan had been brought up in a less... cooperative environment. The Titles, in the end, didn't mean much. The threat of being crushed... well, Lliara wasn't a humble Sister hoping for scraps from the Emperor's table any more.

Still, she just smiled.

"That is true," regarding the role of a gardener, "as long as the warrior knows how to also be a gardener." No one liked it when the soldiers were set to tilling the soil without training. So many holes, so few sprouts. "You seem to have a hand for it. Formulating new mixtures is my own relief." Torturing people was merely a job. One she excelled at. Manipulating people into giving her money or resources just a means to an end. It was the experimentation and act of creation that brought a genuine smile to Lliara's lips.

A broad smile was returned with Stardust's agreement. "What can I say? I'm protective." If people didn't come to her house uninvited, they wouldn't die so often.

A almost cruel grin began to form on her face, eyes alight with fire Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva spoke of the inquisitors either trying to convince star to join them or hunting her down. Soon the look was wiped away as she let a bellowing laugh out before she sighed out

I've tried the life of a dark sider...I couldn't get into it....the fact the dark side had such control, that I had to rely on it for strength, I would've ensured the empire would have to send a army at me before I fell. I would've killed your brothers and sisters without much hesitation, maybe I could've earned the attention of darth Vader himself...but alas who knows what could've been

As they began to descend stardust looked down to lliara and gave a smile as she closed her eyes and nodded in short agreement

in my 75 years of life I've dabbled in many things, ranging from science to farming and more, I've actually found farming to be one of the better things to enjoy.

True the twilek had seen and done things, but given the inquisitor before her was likely far far older no doubt she's seen and done many more things. As they came to a stop the doors would open to a vault door

people like us don't live to be as old as we are without getting protective, after all a dragon is greedy of its horde and apprehensive of strangers who dare come close to it

Stepping forward stardust would approach the vault door and raise her hand, grinding and the sound of gears turning could be heard till it hissed gently and began to slowly open to small room with another door, guiding them in the vault would shut behind them and repessurize before the next door opened to a massive room. In it was filled with old tech ranging from the clone wars to the imperial age, a few b1 battle droids moved around cleaning some of the displays or the glass around them

welcome to one of many places of my collection, took me a couple decades

Lliara Daeva

Lliara smiled at the Twi'lek as she gave her thoughts on a path not taken. There wasn't opportunity nor inclination to rebut what Stardust had said. The Dark Side was a... commanding Force. It took as much as it gave. Better than being blind like the Jedi, but so many became consumed by the darkness that roiled within instead. "Their ends were inevitable," the Mirialan replied simply about the fates of the Brothers and Sisters of the Inquisition. No one lived forever.

Not yet, anyway.

Though it was impossible for Lliara to imagine living so long and finding farming so gratifying. Perhaps it was for a woman used to high-adrenaline, high-stakes, fast-paced encounters. A more deliberate and practiced hand satisfied the need for accomplishment, but was different enough to give the mind and soul a chance to 'breathe.' Would Stardust find the pursuit of biological, chemical, and other Sciences equally dubious in pleasure in turn? Perhaps. It was still the most gratifying Art she practiced, no matter how long she had to spend in the lab to produce a viable result.

When the doors parted to reveal a vault, golden eyes slid down the door as they stepped out of the lift. "Haste makes waste," she recited in agreement. "Few manage to endure the time it takes to fashion something truly remarkable, too content with a flash in the pan." Unwelcome guests would see paltry uses for what they'd find in Lliara's lab -- if they managed to survive the security systems in place. The real value of her life's work, however, was worth so much more than their ignorant brains could conceive. Better they were mercilessly slaughtered, or strung up for her return to become a 'willing' Subject for experimentation; it spared her hard work to going unappreciated.

The airlock was a nice touch. Presumably there were lethal systems tucked away out of sight since Stardust was an authorized presence.

Her smile broadened at the sight within. Only marred by a split second furrow at the sight of the B1s present. By Perdition's Flames... It had been bad enough to see their ilk modeled among the Confederates when Lliara had moonlit as an operative among them. Even then, their line had been worse than Lliara remembered -- though she recalled little of their model since they were relatively unimportant.

"One of many?" The Mirialan chuckled. It was prudent to not store everyone in a single place that might be lost. Also a bit of a flex, perhaps? "Consider me impressed." She started to move forward, mindful if Stardust tried to stop her -- how accommodating was the security system? Lliara wouldn't try to handle anything, but she was interested in seeing what was on display. "I don't have half as many things from that Era in my possession." A quick peek back at Stardust, and Lliara teased something in her own possession, "The Grand Inquisitor's blade, perhaps."

"Do you seek them out? Restore them?"
Was it a passive hobby, or something the Emerald Dragon actively sought out?

a flash in the pan can make one content when their time is limited, but when you hold the clock in your hands? A flash is but nothing and that's coming from one who's usual in the midst of fire

Star said with a chuckle as they passed a few clone trooper blasters ranging from a pistol to a minimum all in good condition, behind them would be armor ranging from phase one to phase two

mmm to craft something over time, there's a goal I have actually that'll require time and I'm not even sure even I can complete it but ah...words for another time

With a wink star would give a mischievous grin, not one to reveal all her secret behind those green eyes that flashed. She lead her further in past smaller stuff to a few older speeders from the clone wars and empire era, past them was some small walkers and even a single jedi starfighter though parts were missing. Glancing her head towards Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva star would flash a bright smile as she waved her forward to a pedestal that had a glass box, it would be obvious by the way star waved security system were in place to deter anyone that actually got inside

the grand inquisitors blade would make a great piece, however I've something myself...behold

Inside the glass box was a distinct pair of curve hilted sabers that oozed the dark side off of them

asari ventress' light sabers, I managed to get them in a auction decades ago, it may not measure up to the grand inquisitor but I consider it my jewel

Lliara Daeva

"Their time is only limited because they accept the conditions they were born into," Lliara replied casually. A smirk tugged at the corners of her lips. So many philosophies, mortals, and ethics clouded their vision. It held them back. Lived a good life? Why, because they felt they'd endured enough of its hardships? Preposterous. Lliara's ambitions weren't going to be hobbled because of time.

The smirk grew into a broad smile as the Mirialan shared a secretive, mischievous look. The emerald woman had equally lofty ambitions did she? Were they the same, perhaps? The exact opposite? Something altogether different? It would be interesting to learn more.

After a time of examining many artifacts on display, the Twi'lek led her guest toward one in particular. Something she took great pains to secure. The Mirialan's eyes were drawn to it at Stardust's behest - curved hilt sabers bathed in darkness. Asari Ventress', Stardust had said. They very well might be. They had the look and feel of them, though Lliara doubted she could be certain without holding them, which seemed unlikely.

"An auction?"
As sensible as it was to do so, and as often as Lliara had run across such, it was no less... unusual. Stardust had cause given how extensive her collection was. Many others merely had one or two baubles so they could sit and stare at them meaningfully. Often times too consumed with staring at what cost them a fortune to notice the passage of time.

"Who is to say which is greater? Ventress was an accomplished warrior in her own right. If their name has survived so long, it is enough. I intend mine shall measure up to them as well when the time comes."
Much as Lliara loathed 'relics' being sold at auction as one might purchase fruit, that their legacy endured so strongly was quite uplifting. Perhaps her own discovery would not be overlooked. Even great revelations could be lost to time from neglect or the failure of small minds to grasp and spread the news. "You have great cause to hold this as your jewel."

none are as gifted as we are, a mere mortal cannot bend time to their will because they lack the ability to. But many of their names are immortalized forever, so that begs the question. What makes one immortal?

A bit of philosophy coming from one who usually toiled mainly in war, using the force she lifted the box up and sat it aside the blades in open view that they could easily be grabbed but star didn't seem concerned

relics of old get passed around nowadays like currenty lest they are of true use, and with jedi, sith, and those inbetween

She gave a grin to Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva at the mention of inbetween

being rather prevalent around the galaxy lightsabers are sadly dime a dozen and the greater of them gets passed over

She picked the blades up and closed her eyes as she inhaled and exhaled activating the blades as they came alive with a red snap hiss. The blades hummed as start moved them gently

indeed...I'll hold this blade long as I live...

She shut them off and turned as she held them out

take a feel for them, I trust you not to try anything silly I'd hate to have to clean this place

Lliara Daeva

Unforgotten, the Mirialan thought in regards to what the Emerald woman had said. Memorialized. Made into Legend. A Symbol of power and what to aspire to be in the short time given to mortals. But not immortal.

Golden eyes shone and watch Stardust as she set into motion retrieving the hilts. In-between? Lliara did smile in turn. Yes, somewhere... else in what people perceived as two opposites on a linear scale. Something different. More. The rest were welcome to their great commands of Force energy, but applied in other ways... there was so much more one could accomplish. If you had the will.

A soft hum followed the sabers being ignited. There was something familiar about them. Sabers were cheap and made by the countless adherents of Jedi or Sith over the centuries. Some were worthy of remembrance, however, and these...

Gloved fingers stretched out toward the hilts. Even though the distance between them was short, the Force gently lifted them from Stardust's grasp if the woman truly meant for her guest to handle them. A sharp inhalation accompanied her taking possession of the weapons. Then a sort purr. Without a word or even a glance shared between them with the woman's warning, Lliara stepped aside as she twirled the blades in her hands. There was no thought put into what she did -- it merely felt right. Amidst the short burst of motion the butts of the hilts connected and the bent stave of red whirled about the Mirialan's body.

The stave broke and the tips of the sabers fanned out to either side toward the floor at Lliara's sides. Her eyes were closed and a smile played across her lips. Another moment later and the hum of the blades vanished along with their glow.

"Mmm... I remember. Tormented. Fierce. Betrayed. Determined. I wanted to be the one to run a blade through her heart and see the surprise in her eyes when the end came," Lliara breathed. Then she blinked and seemed to emerge from a waking dream. "Worthy of being remembered, but not immortal. Practically none are, Stardust." She extended the hilts back to their owner for her to take. "In time each can be forgotten if none know to remember. Perhaps -- if one that were immortal were inclined -- their memory could live on until the universe grows cold, after all." That would depend on who, precisely, found the means of immortality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom