Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prison Jam (SPACERS/OPEN)

solar_cargo_by_hunterkiller-d3g1ngo.jpg

Somewhere near Hydian Way
Space

SS Walden ripped through the stars. On board a small crew of folks, including a Merc she'd hired on for this, named Ralston. Ralston was a tall browncoat wearing gunslinger, with a love of the cigars.

The job was simple enough.

Break into IS Reprisal, a Cruiser sized Prison vessel and snatch up her target. The target in question being a person that secret interests were very eager to get back.

Aeveri leaned back in the seat, flicking her eyes over the space charts and then pressed her lever back. The SS Walden dropped into system, far out from the IS Reprisal, but just close enough to maintain Coms and Scope contact.

"Damn that's a big ship." Ralston commented.

"Yeah I'd reckon so. Aight, let's get this on. You get the cuffs on, just in case. I'll hail em."

"Sounds good to me. I got some pins hidden in my jacket just in case."

"I'll carry your extra blaster in my boot too. Should be fun."

"Should be dumb too. Alright, I'll be back."

Ralston got up and moved back along the hall, footsteps growing faint until he was gone. She slipped on her disguise helmet. It was a black Gas mask with a red warpaint applied. Then hailed the other vessel

"IS Reprisal, this is SS Walden, requesting permission to dock."

"SS Walden hold your course and power off any weapons. What's your angle?" A gruf voice shot back.

"Prisoner Delivery."

"Send us your Bounty License."

"No problem, transmitting."

Fake credentials spooled up and burst over the net....

She moves like she don't care
"That will teach you some manners, queen."

Those were the last words she heard before receiving another electric shock of a taser jabbing against her waist. She moaned, her vision fading into darkness as she slumped onto her seat. Handcuffs secured her as the prison guards made her an example for standing up to them. She knew she could handle them easily, but not against a taser. The feeling of electricity running through her body reminded her of someone she wanted to forget. That was years back, when she was still a child...

"Wake up!"

Cold water poured onto her face, making her cough, her handcuffs rattling against the metallic chair. Laughter among the guards rang out in the room.

"Not so tough now huh? Toss her back to the cell."

She found herself roughly pulled off her chair, unable to move an inch as the guards dragged her sorry state down the corridor. She could make out the slamming of prison doors, the jeering of prisoners and the screams from others who were still receiving special treatment from the guards. Finally, a bed greeted her face as the guards tossed her towards her cellmates, who placed her carefully on the most comfortable item in the room.

"You look like poodoo bantha, Mariya."

"Shut up, let her rest."

Mariya groaned again, counting deep breaths as best as she could to recover from the savage punishment. At this rate, she might just die in this rotting prison. All she prayed for is an opportunity to shake up the place to escape. And probably zap a few guards with their own tasers in return when she did so.

Thwack.

A durasteel baton struck Gabriel right in the back, sending him barreling forwards onto the solid ship floor of the lobby. Cuffed and bruised already from being detained on his abode on Nar-Shaddaa "Not fighting back so much now huh? You're lucky they paid us to keep you alive." the siege from the military Junta took three hours - Gabriel having booby trapped his house - but endless waves from the soldiers of fortune finally flushed out the decorated - and accomplished Mandalorian.

Shockwave after shockwave coursed through his body as the officer gave him a sizeable dose of voltage from his handheld taser, considerably longer than usual due to all the grief the soldiers went through to bring him here. The civil war in Mandalore was really throwing Gabriel's life down the pan. First his business, and now his freedom.

After wheezing and whining, he shuffled himself to a sitting position - and then upright. It was significantly harder to get up when your hands were cuffed behind your back. "We're both gonna have a little fun on that chair." "Sounds suspect." The big-mouthed Mandalorian retorted humorously - a bloody grin following -having smashed his lips against the floor upon being hit. His little joke didn't sit well, another good shocking followed.

ZAP

"Sit on the fething chair." The officer insisted. Brilliant - he had something more sinister planned for him, I mean one only had to take a look at his list of offences to see why. "Not much in the way of creature comforts here huh? Wayii your budget must suck!" Gabriel cooed annoyingly, turning his head towards the henchman lifting him up by his right arm. "--you know you can cop some really good furniture on the Promenade? STARKEA's latest collection is so in right no--"

ZAP

"Stars above do you ever shut up!?" - "Hey good posture is imp--"

ZAP

"Ok I'll stop." The Mandalorian having made his mind pretty quickly that he'd rather not suffer a cardiac arrest aboard this ship. "I can't even look at this guy right now - take him to the cell with the other trash we picked up." The officer pinched at his temple - dealing with Gabriel was giving him a headache already and he'd only spent around 10 minutes with the detained Mandalorian. "Do you have any skraan'ikase? You kind of interrupted my or'ilor with your siege of my living roo--"

A five second burst from the taser instantly silenced him. Having nearly passed out from the currents running through his body the two henchmen carted him off towards twhere the previous detainee went, feet dragging limply behind Gabriel as they hoisted him towards the cell blocks, blood dripping down his chin. He bit his tongue, kark.

The cell doors opened once more, both guards throwing Gabriel straight onto the floor of the now probably overcrowded cell with their combined might, not even having the decency to throw him towards anyone to cushion him.

After five seconds of face-to-cold floor action a weak "Hi." Emerged from the dazed Gabriel. He went to the floor so fast he couldn't even see who his cellmates were.

Mariya's bed was the first one located near the door. Not her own bed, mind you, for her bed was much cleaner than this. She would still gladly take any bed with her current condition though. She laid there, motionless, clad in an orange jail outfit soaked with sweat. Her hair, yellow and unkempt, covered her face as she could not find the energy to lift her hand. She could still move her fingers though, and her vision was barely working.

Her body felt like a lump of bad clay. Soft and squishy, unable to be molded.

Her ears proved to be a better bet to observe the surroundings. Murmurs among the other cellmates told her that they were trying to figure out how to avoid the guards' attention. Shouts in the distance coming outside of the cell door. Something heavy was being dragged along the corridor, probably another unfortunate soul who had also been given "special treatment" from the guards. The dragging sound grew louder, ending abruptly near the cell door. The murmurs quietened down immediately.

"Hey man, he doesn't belong here!"

The guards ignored the solitary protest and unlocked the door. Something fell onto the floor with a loud thud. Metallic sound of the door slam. Footsteps walking away. Heavy breathing from the ground.

"Hi."

The close proximity allowed her to pick up the weak voice. The accent sounded Mandalorian, but she could not confirm. Mandalorians were a tough bunch, so she figured that the newcomer should survive.

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Gabriel Audemars"]

Prison Ship
Boarding

She was in full disguise like no other. Blue dress traded for Black Duraplast armor with a helmet that sported red trim. Ralston came back just as they docked, and slapped cuff on him. Then rammed her helmet on and slid his spare blaster into her boot. On her hip hung an E-11 she'd stolen from her time in the Empire, as brief as it had been.

"Keep quiet, go on my signal."

The vocabulator made a harsh grind. He was fighting to choke back a grin. Something she helped him with. She slapped him hard, leaving blood and black bruises.

"Ah what the-"

"Tradecraft. I had to wait till now. Need your wounds to look real."

Her HUD beeped with a message. She had an offer. Bonus for two additional pick ups. Names were Gabriel and Maria.

"This is gonna be a long day dude."

The airlock whooshed open and she found herself in the company of blue armored figures, sporting peacock crests on their helms and Hammers in their hands. These were legendary Jailers. Rogue Jedi who'd long ago taken their vow to the extreme.

"Welcome aboard the IS Reprisal, Bosh Tal."

"Names Captain. Now where do I take this filth?"

S u p e r i o r
Location | IS Reprisal
Objective | Work & Backstab
Company | Presently none

The quiet vocoded hums of a tall individual with one hand at his holster resting on the grip of his sidearm and the other waving with each stride was heard as he walked along the corridors of the IS Reprisal. He had been hired to serve as a temporary guard to the prison ship, but that wasn't the only reason he had taken up the job, especially a mercenary of his caliber.

A prison ship was always full of valuable targets to a hunter, some with sizeable bounties on their head that had been turned in to be imprisoned, and others with skills that could prove to be useful. Arador's purpose there was not simply to serve as a guard, but to secure the release of a few prisoners he had struck a deal with. Of course, the individual running the whole ship was not anywhere close to being aware of his treacherous plan that involved underhanded deals.

He would pass by a number of guards who were idly talking with one another to pass time, a few cells that had individuals currently having the life beat out of them and then some. None stopped him as he made his way to the generator to ready himself a distraction to incite a riot on the prison ship. He would pass by the docking station as his gaze trailed and lingered on an individual who had just arrived with what appeared to be a bruised prisoner.

His normally black visor would flicker with a wicked red grin as his vocoded voice was heard by [member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] as he passed by, " Looks like she did a number on you. Shame to be beaten up by such a gal. " He would kick his head back as a vocoded cackle was heard. He would soon exit the area without much further attention.

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Gabriel Audemars]

"Get in. Get the goods. Leave. Get in. Get the goods. Leave."

He'd recited his own plan over and over again in his head, and with each repetition, he felt more and more confident. That was, until it was 20 minutes later, and the up and coming bounty hunter found himself lost in the maze of corridors that was this floating hell, the IS Reprisal. Krato just wanted to find the room where all the confiscated weapons were, if not that, the locker room of the guards so he could get a large bag full of weapons back to a black market somewhere.

Easy money, right?

Or so it was supposed to be... Here he was, a self proclaimed 'hotshot star rookie' bounty hunter that had broken /into/ a prison and had lost his way. Luckily for him his suit came with a camouflage feature, which allowed him to traverse the hallways without a hitch, hell even his heat signature was gone, and there was enough ruckus in the halls between all the inmate abuse and overall yelling to mask his footsteps as he continued his search, eventually figuring his best plan of attack was to follow one of the guards, or maybe even some of the mercs and Hunter's they'd hired to keep the peace aboard the vessel.

Once he'd found a target to follow until he had some clue on where either of the rooms he was searching for was, he went from a steadier pace to a slowed down creep about 6 paces behind Arador Kahn, eyes trained on what Krato assumed was a fellow Hunter, only here to either drop off, a bounty, finish off a hit, or maybe a summer job? As they passed Aeveri, Litt just wrote it off as another poor soul getting imprisoned in this metal hunk of junk for years to come and continued his mission. Krato's helmet HUD began to try to get as much information as it could on the man in front of him, maybe he'd be a future ally or future adversary, only time would tell....

Gabriel's hands shifted to press and hoist him into a position far less facially stressful - while serene and comfortable lying down after a five second shocking, his vision was blurry and he could still feel his hairs stand on end from the current. Nasty tech, those shock batons were. The Mandalorian recovered from his shocking gradually, finally mustering the strength to get into a cross legged position. His vision slowly came back to him, he was dazed still. The initial beating they gave him prior to his arrival on IS Reprisal still giving him grief. He was used to torture and pain - electricity though, he really hated.

"...I've felt better hitting a fifth of whiskey." He grumbled to himself, still wincing as he moved to rub his temples and his face clear of all the pain, damn it felt like too long since he'd gotten a good beating. Gabriel had broken out of being detained several times before. A handful of times in fact. Nothing usually gets between Gabriel and his freedom - and this claustrophobia-inducing heap of junk wasn't going to today. Gabriel's back was killing him though. And he definitely didn't have the strength to overpower a handful of wardens as he stood right now.

Finally his vision seemed to centre a bit, he had no idea who he was put in with - but as his vision gradually sharpened he could see that the cell was overcrowded, Gabriel had enough room to tell that they were too far away to attack him in his weakened state, can't be too careful in prison.

"Did all of you get a welcome that warm?" He curiously complained. He moved to rest his back against the frame of one of the hard beds, sitting with his legs crossed.

How did it all come to this? From the nuking of his homeworld to being detained by Jailers. What a fall from grace for Mandalore and Gabriel himself, being in here was just embarrassing. He had to get out of here and go home, somehow - and while it wouldn't be immediately. He wasn't going to hang around either. His eyes scanned the cell for any imperfections. The walls were solid metal - there was no way to dig out of them with anything at all. And the cell doors were of highly reinforced Durasteel, with the top half being a set of heavy durasteel bars there'd no give on those either. Doors were probably either opened with a holokey, or a handprint from a warden or authority.

"Just warning you lot that I don't plan on hangin' around too long. Who's detained us?"

[member="Mariya Fleischer"]-[member="Gabriel Audemars"]-[member="Krato Litt"]-[member="Arador Kahn"]-

The Prison Block
IS Reprisal

The ruse had worked. She kept a firm hold of Ralston, though his cuff were loose. They opened doors with badges, which she was quick to pick up on. As they moved into the center of the block one guard opened the door with his key card. That told her they had no centralized door system. Anybody could open these.

"Where's my pay?" She blurted in a gruff raspy voice.

Her HUD scanned the prisoners as she glanced this way and that, nut very slow.

Garbiel's picture popped up and she grinned as it rimed in green.

Target found.

"Its with the quartermaster. Now hand the prisoner over."

"As you wish."

She released Ralston and steped back. The second the first guard took his arm, she drew her Adjudicator slug thrower, and his blaster fro her boot.

He had not one second as she pulled the trigger.

CRACK!

A deafening boom echoed throughout the block, and he dropped, helmet blasted half off his face. Ralston busted free of his cuf, grabbed the second guard in a clench and delivered a crushing series of knees into his face.

"Catch!"

The butt of his pistol met his outstretched hand with a smack. He pressed it to the guards hip and finished him off.

Aeveri snapped her Adjudicator to the high ready and scanned the cells.

"That one. Open the other cells too. Let's get em all out."

"You sure about this?" Ralston asked, snatching key card from the corpses.

"Dead sure. Check it out folks, this your lucky day. Aeveri Proudmoore, Captain of the SS Walden here to save your sorry behinds. You though."

She pointed to Gabriel.

"Your kins folk sent for you. Don't know which family it is but they got love for you and credits to back it. Don't go crazy when we spring you. I'm not a bounty Hunter dude."

She paused, hearing sounds from beyond the doors.

"The rest of you are welcome to a ride out of here or join my ships crew. Ralston hurry it up dude!"

"Cover me!"

She knelt behind a section of protruding bulkhead and braced her pistol with a two hand grip, covering the door.

"Just warning you lot that I don't plan on hangin' around too long. Who's detained us?"

The Mandalorian was just going through the same tjpigjt process as all other prisoners who found themselves locked up in a prison. How to unlock the door and find some way to freedom. Unfortunately, Mariya had already done her checks when she came in. Walls were solid, guards patrolled frequently and cameras everywhere. Unless there was external help, they would be stuck for quite a while.

Her ears caught the wind of weapons firing, which made her got up from the bed immediately. She was still in a bad shape, but guns firing usually meant that something big had happened. The guards had no need to squeeze the trigger when they had their tasers, which they preferred to use on the inmates anyway. It could mean an intruder.

This was the opportunity that she wanted.

She suddenly found her strength returning from the adrenaline that rushed through her body. She got out of the bed, eyes wide open and lazily swept the unkempt hair away from her face. She stole a quick look at the Mandolarian who had just arrived, noticing that he was more badly beaten than she imagined. Good grief, she thought. The guards were really hard on him. Then her trail of thought was broken by the familiar sound of the cell door swinging open. An armored figure, presumably female, stepped into the room and inspected her surroundings, before talking to Gabriel.

Mariya had no idea who she was, nor did she care what the rest were doing. She reached out for the nearest guard's body and retrieved the blaster from his dead hand. A slight pause before she grabbed the taser as well.

"Well, I have no idea who you guys are. But this is just the beginning!"

Her voice was cut off by the rapid sounds of blasters firing. The guards were reinforcing the breach when the alarms rang. She ducked behind the wall and returned a volley of fire.

"What is he doing here?!" The guard Sarjeant screamed at his subordinate while pointing at Tharn.

"Cellblock transfer to D5 Sarjeant" the subordinate meekly mustered.

"What the !@%# is he doing out here then!" replied the Sarjeant almost foaming at the mouth.

"There's shooting on the other side of the door Sarjeant... we thought we should wait for backup... Sarjeant". The guard said as all the while looking like he wanted to shrink into his armour. The Sarjeant was quiet for a moment as he processed what was going on then barked a few orders. The men surrounding him took up defensive positions in the hallway. One of them spoke something into a communicator, and another section of men arrived each finding cover where they could in the small hall.

Tharn stood confused for a moment not sure of what he should be doing. His hands were cuffed together in front of him, and all around him, the guards were getting ready for a firefight. Behind him, at least a dozen guards had taken up defensive positions, and there was nowhere left in the hallway for Tharn to get cover for his bulky body.

The door in front of Tharn was still closed, but a guard was busy working the control panel to release the locks and get it open.

"I am going to get blown to smithereens," Tharn said to himself. The door in front of him opened and he winced in anticipation of the imminent crossfire.

[member="Aeveri Proudmoore"][member="Mariya Fleischer"][member="Gabriel Audemars"][member="Krato Litt"][member="Arador Kahn"]

S u p e r i o r
Location | IS Reprisal
Objective | Work & Backstab
Company | [member="Krato Litt"]

Arador would hum quietly to himself in the empty corridor. The sounds of his vocoded hums would bounce off the walls and pipes as it echoed throughout the length in an eerie fashion. It would be a minute or so before he paused in his tracks his humming slowly coming to a silent halt as well. He would turn his head as he looked down the way he came, finding himself staring down an empty hallway. His black visor would remain featureless as he seemed to be looking for something...Or someone. He would continue to stare, his head shifting slightly left and right as he began to let out a vocoded whistle, a few seconds later his gaze seeming to narrow and zero down to exactly where Krato was cloaked.

The sounds that echoed from his hums and whistles should have been just that. Echoes that reverberated for a long time without bouncing back towards him. Arador figured something was off when the soundwaves weren't behaving like they should have been in an empty hallway. He had half a mind to pull out his blaster and just shoot whoever might have been following him, but he decided against it. He had reached his destination; the security deck of the prison ship. He would turn around as he came face to face with two heavily armed guards, about to speak as an explosive boom echoed through the ship.

The guards were startled as they immediately focused on Arador who simply stared at the two before speaking in a vocoded voice, " Go investigate the source of that explosion and report back what you find. I will keep watch with the rest of the security personnel. Go. Now. " The two guards straightened up, knowing that the bounty hunter had been hired by the ship's captain to keep things in order, so they did not question him when given orders. The two guards were fairly large, and the hallway was barely big enough to fit them both standing shoulder to shoulder. They would begin a rapid jog back the way that Arador had come, likely to run right into Krato as Arador took the opportunity to slip into the security room and wait until the door shut behind him.

Now it was just the security personnel watching camera feeds and him together...All alone...

[member="Tharn Gor"] | [member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Gabriel Audemars"]

Almost as soon as the Moonraker had docked in the IS Reprisal, Mathas Cavyr and a lone accomplice dressed as a prison guard descended from the landing ramp. Mathas himself was dressed casually in a simple shirt with a cream-coloured jacket, and his hands were cuffed. Of course, he had no intention of being seriously consigned to the cells. This was but a ruse to evade detection while he looked for a special datapad with a list of names. He had arranged to smuggle it off the prison vessel and back into the hands of a crime lord on Nar Shaddaa, who was offering a very handsome reward for anyone who could bring the item to him. Mathas' escort Kylun Vreez, in reality one of his fellow crew of smugglers, was used to this sort of disguise. He would lead Mathas straight to the relevant storage room, conveniently located near several high-security prison cells, where they would take the datapad before leaving quickly and quietly. After shorting out the cameras, of course. They'd had harder jobs before. Just in case, though, Mathas had his X-8 Night Sniper and V-T Morp Knife concealed within his jacket. In his gripped palm he concealed a Stealth-2VX Palm Shooter — electro-darts. Kylun was carrying a variety of grenades, along with a few sonic neutralisers and his own heavy blaster pistol.

It was just his luck as well that there already seemed to be a breach here. Alarms were running wild in the distance and blaster fire could be made out from somewhere deep inside the ship. Guards were running to wherever the commotion was, exposing several cells. It almost made Mathas feel as if the time he had spent on rehearsing his act had been wasted, but that didn't matter; the payment for the job did. Still, he had the amused feeling that the distractions coincident with his arrival here were going to make this task too easy. It certainly wasn't something Mathas had prepared for, but it wasn't hard to take advantage of this.

The distant wails of the alarms grew louder as Mathas was escorted into the prison block, where the guards weren't interested in giving him a warm reception. Most of them stared coldly at him; a couple leered, betraying the potential torments that awaited in this place. How lovely...

Not breaking momentum, the duo rounded several corners and Mathas attracted a few more hateful glares, now from a few envious prisoners as well. A few guards stopped them to ask what they were doing wandering around: the answer of prisoner transfer was surprisingly adequate in staving off further questioning. Soon enough, they reached the high-security area, where the guard count also seemed diminished by the concurrent emergency. A large, crude man who was almost showing off his stun baton was guarding one of the vacant cells, and Kylun turned Mathas over with an insincere request for the guard to keep an eye on him while he went on "patrol" to the control room.

Mathas exchanged one final look at Kylun before the guard ushered him along with a prod of his baton. "Come on, boy, into the force cage."

Once he was in the cell, Mathas turned and watched a bright-yellow energy field surround him. Merely touching the field would result in painful shocks, and there was virtually no room to move at all. The guard outside grinned knowingly.

Assuring himself that the ordeal wouldn't take too long, Mathas mused with a tinge of regret, I'm getting too old for this.

[member="Arador Kahn"] [member="Tharn Gor"] [member="Krato Litt"] [member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Gabriel Audemars"]

[member="Arador Kahn"] / [member="Tharn Gor"] / [member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] / [member="Mariya Fleischer"] / @Gariel Audemars

As Arador's gaze fell right where Krato was standing, the bounty hunter froze, his right arm slowly making its way toward the holster on his right leg, resting place of his trusty SE-44C, ready to defend himself if need be.

But.

That wasn't how things transpired this time. Krato's display on his side of his helmet had detected the heat signatures of the room full of guards ahead, and he didn't need them all after him. Krato's right brow rose as Arador went from staring him down to continuing his march down the hall towards the very same room full of security guards. The door hissed open, showing two heavily armed guards, that--

BOOOOOMMMmmmm

Without warning the ship shook and the chaos ensued. Wasting no time and finding this to be a phenomenal opening, Krato immediately drew his right handed pistol and pointed it towards the doorway, where Arador was ordering the two heavier guards to run back Krato's way to find the source of the explosion. The burly guards made their way down the corridor, straight toward the bounty hunter at a speed that left him no choice--

Krato's cloaking system deactivated with a loud electric pop and he stood in front of the guards that, after making eye contact with one another and nodding, opened fire immediately on Krato. Litt's left hand shot down to his belt, and with the tap of a button a blue, bubble shaped shield covered and protected the Hunter. As the noise of blaster fire filled the corridor, Krato's heads up display danced with weak spots in the armor of his adversaries, and with a few well placed shots, the burly guards were no more, collapsing to the ground, blaster smoke burning from the few new fresh holes that Litt had gifted them with. After holstering his pistol again, Krato admired his handy work for just a second before scanning the corridor as he made his way toward the very security door that had shut. The scan informed him of a camera pointed right at him and his handy work. Krato's mask stared right back at the camera before stepping over one of the bodies. Sighing, he began dragging the other guard's body toward the security door, preparing to use the guard's hand-print on the door.

After about a minute of dragging this annoyingly heavy guard to the door, the door sprung to life, leaving a mildly irritated Krato to face whatever or whoever was behind the door...

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Never before had Zai gone from complete boredom to sheer panic in such a short time period.

The boredom arose from a little pet project he had. It was a temporary the solution he had to the bounty on his head. Hide where no bounty hunter would ever find you, in a prison.

He sweated under his guard uniform, jogging down the corridors of IS Reprisal. He was late for his shift duty again, having spent too much time playing Sabacc with some other off-duty guards. Zai upped his pace, knowing the later he was, the more severe his punishment would be. Who knew that being 'on the run' would actually involve so much running.

He neared the final bend, pulling up short to catch his breath. He smoothed out his uniform, simple fatigues for new guards, and rounded the corner. He approached the Sergeant, a round-faced man with ruddy cheeks. Zai called him 'Whisper' based on the fact that the quietest the man could manage was a shout. He was shouting again this time, at Zai for being late.

"AVERY! This is the third time this week that you are late!" Whisper drew in a deep breath, preparing for his next thunderous yell. "What is your excuse this time?"

Zai hesitated, thinking of the best response. It dawned on him how much he was actually hating his assignment. Sure he was relatively safe, no one had recognised him, but the place was getting to him. The other guards were cruel, worse even than Whisper, the food was horrible, and he felt a stab of guilt every time he passed a cell. He had debated for weeks about staging a riot, but he didn't know where to begin. He didn't have access to most of the security commands and he had little combat ability, so he would have to wait for now.

Zai opened his mouth to reply, when a loud boom echoed through the block. Zai, startled, looked around for the source. Whisper showed no such hesitation, already yelling at guards, telling them to investigate. Zai moved off, grateful that the Sergeant was distracted. Zai made it ten steps before a loud klaxon made his stomach drop.

The cell doors had opened. The prisoners, who he would have thought would be sluggish, showed no hesitation and leapt out of their cells. Leaving Zai trapped.

In a full-scale prison riot.

Wearing a guard uniform.

Cue the panic.

[member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] ~ [member="Mariya Fleischer"] ~ [member="Gabriel Audemars"] ~ [member="Arador Kahn"] ~ [member="Krato Litt"] ~ [member="Tharn Gor"] ~ [member="Mathas Cavyr"] ~

Tedium, nonstop tedium is what being locked up feels like. He didn't enjoy this lack of freedom whatsoever - despite his brief time locked up. This was definitely a pretty distressing situation he was in. There was no means of breaking out unless Gabriel assaulted one of the wardens upon their arrival. That was risky. Better just wait this one out. There was no way this place would be able to survive a riot however.

Something seemed off though. The air seemed tense, heavy. Although every prison was generally depressing in some way - this was different; his battle hardened senses detected that something was going to go down today. A battle, a revolution. Gabriel had fought his way out of prison and into a military coup before. To hell if he was going to deal with this.

A second wind of energy saw Gabriel hustle to his feet. Pacing around the cell to find any weaknesses, vents - soft walls. Anything. Even if it was futile he had to check, after all his freedom depended on it.

The distinct sound of a slugthrower firing off echoed through the prison chambers. Causing the cell-dwellers to whoop and scream. It was getting lively now. As the gunshot cracked through the prison hallway Gabriel sharply turned towards the door. No one had opened the cell yet - so what was this?

He turned back to his cellmates - looking at the pretty, yet bruised blonde laying in that bed. "Rise and shine sleeping beauty, you heard that - right?"

The sound of fighting resonated through the hallways. This was either a coup, or a riot. Whatever it is "It's our ticket out of here." He muttered through a grin as he moved himself to peep through the bars. Two figures. One definitely female and a much taller male. Who were these people? Bounty hunters?

Two guards clattered to the floor and an armored woman swung the cell door right open, and Gabriel was hit with that one high octane feeling.

Survival. Adrenaline, nature's Overdrive had kicked in.

With her words, she reaffirmed that secret belief that he had been hiding within him the entire time. That Mandalore would come looking for him. Although in the Mandalorian Empire's trying times, manpower had to be preserved. They no doubt hired a rag-tag bunch of smugglers and bounty hunters to retrieve him instead. A dream come true. "Glory to Mandalore. They came for me. Thank you." He spoke with grace towards his rescuer. It seemed now his only goal was to survive the absolute hell that was going to ensue from this.

Prying a DL-44 from the guard's cold dead hands and removing his shock baton from the guard's utility belt. He took everything that'd help him survive. A pistol to return fire - and a weapon to fight in the narrow corridors with. This battle would be a bloodbath. Admittedly actually killing someone with a shock baton was somewhat hard, he wished he had his Beskad.

Ducking down in the corner of the cell door he proceeded to blind fire his newly acquired weapon around the corner. It's intention not to hit anyone - but to suppress. They had to get out, and it wasn't by being pinned down in a corridor were they going to do that.

He looked once more at the guard's corpse. Anything else that'd be useful to help them move? A second glance at the belt revealed a gas grenade. Not a lethal one, but for riot control. Throwing it down the hallway should immobilize whoever was pinning them down. Giving them a good opportunity to suppress and run for the nearest door. A firefight in this kind of close proximity was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Pulling the pin on the grenade, lobbing the Riot Control Smoke with a high arc towards the onrush of guards coming to investigate the gunfire.

Gabriel peeked around the corner once more - a stray blaster bolt striking the edge of the cell door - so close that Gabriel could feel the sparks the metal wall produced when struck by it.

"Better move, fast." He noted. Moving to cover Aeveri, so she could make a run for their escape route. Gabriel had no idea where he was headed. But she mentioned a ship. Likely the hangar, then.

[member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Mathas Cavyr"] [member="Arador Kahn"] [member="Tharn Gor"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"]

The door in front of Tharn opened but he didn't get a glimpse of who might be on the other side as he was too busy dropping as fast as possible to the ground. The small hallway occupied by him and a dozen or so prison guards had erupted in laster fire.

No one was shooting specifically at Tharn, at least that is what he figured. But Tharn would have this to say about gunfights in the future. It doesn't matter who you are, gunfights are terrifying. Bodies, blood, smoke and the shrieks of dying men filled the small hallway. Part of Tharn wished he could suddenly shrink into a tiny worm and crawl his way out. But all he could do was creep backwards slowly, one terrifying inch after the other.

It was not the direction Tharn needed to be heading. It was most likely Tharn's fellow prisoners who were shooting at the guards but backwards seemed safer than moving towards the tiny doorway through which everyone was firing.

As Tharn approached the rear of the hallway, a guard looked at him as though he was going to stop him before a blaster shot struck him square in the chest cutting short anything he was going to do. The gunfight was still ongoing as Tharn rounded a corner still crawling backwards. He sat against a bulkhead sighing in relief as he waited for the adrenaline to wear off.

[member="Gabriel Audemars"][member="Zai Avery"][member="Krato Litt"][member="Mathas Cavyr"][member="Arador Kahn"][member="Mariya Fleischer"][member="Aeveri Proudmoore"]

Mathas allowed himself to get used to the guard's leering face against the backdrop of the klaxons. The rest of the prisoners seemed to have already been released and were rioting. This high-security area must have not been slaved to the same command console as the rest of the cells, but that was no matter. Kylun would get him out soon enough. A quick glance to the side allowed Mathas to see into the adjacent control room, where Kylun was already working the terminals to set him free. Mathas set himself the task of distracting the guard until that happened.

The huge guard beat his baton against his hand and offered a poisonous grin. "Get used to that space there, old boy. You won't be enjoying much more than that."

Scoffing, Mathas replied, "The other prisoners are rioting. You've lost control of them. It won't be long before you lose control of us, too."

"Silence!" the guard snapped. "Those miserable runaways will be put in their places soon enough. And for those comments, when you're let out for your stretches tomorrow..." He beat the palm of his hand with the baton again to state his intended threat without words. Then he leaned in towards Mathas, his face just centimetres away from the force field. But there was nothing to be worried about. The force field protected Mathas as much as it confined him. The prison officer could do nothing here.

Mathas offered a quick laugh in return, trying to add a plausibly psychotic dimension to his character. "I'll make you an offer. Release me before the rioting prisoners do, and I'll knock you out cold but nothing more. You wait till the prisoners let me out..." Mathas mimicked shooting a gun with his right hand, "I'll make it painful. Which will it be?"

The guard was roaring now. "Enough! I will let you out of that cage to teach you the first lesson of this place — and I'll make sure you'll never forget it!" He began to turn towards the control room, but at that moment, the force field dropped and Mathas wasted not a moment in rushing out and swinging his shackled hands towards the stunned guard's cheek. He made sure the metal binders connected hard with the prison officer's face, and as the guard fell to the floor Mathas followed it up with a kick to the now-prone man's head.

It seemed as though Kylun had also freed the other prisoners in the area, for now they too fell on the few other, equally surprised guards and clobbered them practically to death. The guard that Mathas had attacked wasn't unconscious yet, but there was no need to attack him further. The other newly freed captives could let loose on him. Mathas bypassed their antics and headed straight to the control room to rendezvous with his accomplice, who was now beginning the process of shutting down the cameras. "Like I said, it'd be easy," Kylun remarked with a grin. "Let's get to the storage room. The disk's there. You can find something to break your cuffs there, too."

"You better get out of that uniform before the rioters attack you," Mathas opined. He gestured at the back corner. "There's some prisoners' overalls."

Less than a minute later, Mathas and Kylun emerged from the control room, blasters drawn. Pandemonium had engulfed the entire vessel. Cameras were down, the prisoners were all free and running amok, and the combination of bodies and blaster crossfire littered the hallways. Flanked by other runaway prisoners, Mathas and Kylun were pinned behind a short but wide stack of crates by blaster fire from the prison guards. This might have just been a bit harder than they anticipated...

Aeveri Proudmoore Zai Avery Mathas Cavyr Arador Kahn Tharn Gor Mariya Fleischer [member="Krato Litt"] [member="Gabriel Audemars"]

[member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Mathas Cavyr"] [member="Tharn Gor"] [member="Gabriel Audemars"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Krato Litt"]

The Prison Block
IS Reprisal

They were pinned down, with a score of guards before them. Aeveri cursed as she returned fire, flooding the hallway with slug thrower rounds, amputating limbs and punching holes in bodies. They had the element of surprise for a few more seconds and she got herself an idea. The Bounty Hunter armor she'd been wearing had a few tricks and dazzles.

She unclipped a stun grenade and ripped the pin, sending it in an underhand throw rolling between guards legs into the hallway.

"Cover eyes and ears!" She roared.

WHUMPH!

The guards fell, clutching their ears and faces. Some continued to fire blind as bat, killing their allies. She rose, snapped her pistol up and placed precise shots into the skulls of the stragglers, dropping them.

"Assault through!"

Then she charged.

There was only ten meters of hall between them and the left they needed to take to get back to the airlock. Should be easy right?

RAAAAAWWRRRRR

"What the hell is that!" Ralston roared, ramming a fresh gas canister into his blaster as they sprinted.

A big ball of tentacles rolled across the T intersection down the next hall.

"Feth me! Wrathtar!"

[member="Aeveri Proudmoore"] [member="Mathas Cavyr"] [member="Tharn Gor"] [member="Gabriel Audemars"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Krato Litt"] [member="Arador Kahn"]

Her adrenaline was already pumping throughout her body as she found herself pinned down in the cell room. The blaster in her hand was not going to save them from being shot to bits by the increasing number of guards. Thankful, the Mandalorian was more useful than he looked when he lobbed out a smoke grenade to cover their tracks.

"Better move, fast."

"You don't need to tell me twice."

She was glad of the smoke cover. True, the guards were now unable to be seen, but so were they. She fired a few more shots and maintained a low profile, scrambling out of the cell and following Aeveri and Gabriel out. Shots rang out, fired blindly. She prayed nervously as her footsteps increased. She had no wish to be caught by a random shot from the back and die in a worthless prison. After all the battles she had seen?

Nope. No way she wanted to die like this.

Her prayers were answered as she remained unharmed. She had no idea where she was heading, but there was supposedly a ship owned by Aeveri. Why was she taking such a big risk to do a prison break? Mariya had no idea, but decided that she was a friend for now. She was still weak, but her blaster shots remained pretty accurate.

"Feth me! Wrathtar!"

Did someone just shouted Rathtar? Mariya groaned, her eyes catching sight of the large massive creature coming into view. It looked like it was born to eat people as snacks. Massive teeth with long tentacles. The creature gobbled up its nearest victim, roaring in delight. Screams in the air as prisoners and guards alike suddenly found themselves trying to get away from the new threat. What they did not know was that Rathars hunt in packs.

Hunted in packs.

Packs.

Mariya felt cold sweat across her forehead. If she was right, there would be more than one rathtar lurking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom