Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priorities

A5WjJS.png

Things change, but one thing that doesn’t is a matter of reputation.

See, in this business, a reputation was all a girl had. Danger Arceneau had spent a lifetime building that reputation, working, toiling, and spilling her lifesbloods to make Arceneau Trade Company the biggest, and most powerful trading company in the ‘Verse.

She set out to take it beyond what her granddaddy Montgomery Arceneau and her pa, August Arceneau, ever dreamed of.

With a spread from one corner of the ‘Verse to the next, she could say she finally got to that place. And what prompted her to get so far was to keep herself a measure of neutrality when it meant with dealing with one group to the next.

Her role as an Executive Member of the Techno Union came about a long standing relationship with said entity. She was here before it was formed, the Southern Systems Syndicate her baby in the wake of the Hutt collapse. She was here during the Galactic Trade Guild, and she was here when the Confederacy first stepped onto Tatooine and made her a deal. She toiled through helping them spread, giving her token amount of advice and pulling in networks from others round the southern systems to build in profit and in expansion. Abrion Systems came, and then finally the Techno Union.
Her inclusion into the Executive Council was merely a natural evolution; the end game on what all she had aspired to. Business is as business does. She had her conglomerate. She had her reputation. And she had all what anyone in her position could ever ask for.

Right?

Truth be told, she only really started considering things the past year. Was business business? Or was there something more?

The past year has seen her take a mighty hard look at herself, and Danger knew that there were bits and pieces of her life that needing fixing. In the end, it wasn’t as much about reputation, power, or even money.

No it was about living what time she had left at full force and doing so with the ones that would truly bring fulfillment in her life.

Alric Kuhn. Makai Dashiell. Judah. All made her realize this.

The Techno Union was a great beast; perhaps too large of one to warrant staying in the Council. No, things would have to change. While she could handle smaller ventures, the comings and goings of a galactic government entity were now a subject of the past.

That Danger was long gone. In her place was a woman who simply wanted to live.

So it was with no further that the following message would be sent to the new Techno Union Foreman.

A5WjJS.png

// Encrypted message
// To: Techno Union Foreman [member="Draco Vereen"]
// From: Danger Arceneau : Arceneau Trade Company
// Subject: Executive Council Seat

Greetings Foreman Vereen,

As it stands I am happy to congratulate you on your most recent appointment as the Techno Union Foreman. It is a wonderful opportunity for any businessman of your excellent caliber. A start of a new chapter of ones life.

Which made me think of my own.

I heard the appointment while on Empress Teta, and it dawn on me just then that I’ve come a long way myself. Nearly all my life I’ve spent bleeding my lifesblood to bring Arceneau Trade as a household name across the ‘Verse. And in that time I’ve realized that while I’ve succeeded above and beyond my original desires, I’ve done so at a great sacrifice.

I’ve no family to my name. No kin. No husband and no child to share my legacy with, Mister Vereen. That brings one into certain perspective. A certain mind.

Certainly makes one wonder just where ones priorities are at.

So it is with this mind that I am resigning my council seat as an Executive Council Member. I can do just fine with the Techno Union as I’ve done in the past. Having a leadership position to hold sway for an entire government ain’t my thing anymore.

While I may resign my position, do not be alarmed about Arceenau Trade itself. This resignation is only for my own Executive role, not our established contracts.

I’ll be in Empress Teta the next two weeks, and my channel is always open for conversation. I’ll be spending time with those dear to me, so forgive me if a response takes longer than normal.

I am more than happy to discuss anything further over lunch or dinner upon my return.

Again, congratulations on your appointment.

Sincerely,

f023806132e2a31c3f71da204f4cf222.png

// Encrypted message
// To: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
// From: Draco Vereen : Office of the Foreman of the Techno Union
// Subject: RE Executive Council Seat

Apologies for my late reply Ms. Arceneau,

I must say, I am sorry to see you go. Of course there is no hard feelings and my door is open to you anytime, as is my holo-comm if there is anything you feel needs to be discussed between the TU and ATC.

I know how it feels to have no one. It can be a crushing prison if you let it. My advice to you is to take comfort in your friends. The blood of the covenant is stronger than the water of the womb, as they say. It might be hypocritical of me to suggest that, but I can tell you from experience, it's the loneliness that kills you everyday, not the blaster or the knife to the back.

Take care of yourself Ms. Arceneau, first and foremost. I look forward to meeting with you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Draco Vereen
Foreman of the Techno Union

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom