Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Prince's Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinkyPrawn

Snappy Boi
Factory Judge
Prince_Mando_RGB.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a write up of my character's armour as well as to keep track of any changes made to it
  • Image Source: Custom made image. Credit to [member="Mithias"]
  • Canon Link: here
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration. We recommend using this spreadsheet tool to maintain general balance, but its use is not mandatory.Increasing weight, lowering production levels, or reducing resistances gives more room to increase resistance ratings elsewhere, typically on a one-for-one tradeoff basis.)
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Average
- Other:
  • Elemental: High
  • Sonic: Low
  • EMP/Ion: Average
  • Electric: Average
  • Dark/Light Side attacks: Average
  • Radiation: Average
  • Pressure: Average
  • Concussion: High

SPECIAL FEATURES

-Mandalorian Vambraces
-Wrist rocket launcher
-Wrist flamethrower
-Grappling line
-Wrist blades
-Rocket boots that are also magnetized with the controls on his vambraces
-Helmet has built in commlink and rangefinder

Strengths:
  • Beskar Alloy provides excellent resistance to Balster damage
  • Good resistance against slugthrowers and other kinetic damage as well as concussion damage
  • Has several attachments and components to aid Prince in his duties as a mercenary
  • Beskar alloy provides decent protection against lightsabers, though it's by no means impenetrable
  • Helmet contains a rebreather and the armour is strapped over an insulated undersuit. Both parts allow for some decent protection against elements and exposure to outer space, but only for a limited time
Weaknesses:
  • The armour and all its components all weigh quite a bit. At times it can hinder his movement significantly
  • The rocket boots are difficult to control and it's quite easy to knock him off balance when using them due to how they're controlled
  • Maintaining the armour can get quite expensive which uses up a lot of his income as a mercenary
  • Extremely high profile, which can be problematic depending on the area or system Prince is in.
  • Armour doesn't cover his entire body and still features several openings that could prove fatal. He tries to cover these areas with a poncho to make them harder to hit which doesn't always work.
  • While its systems allow it to survive various kinds of attacks and damage, it doesn't survive for very long. So getting to safety is still very important
DESCRIPTION
Built by Prince Wren on Krownest while still growing up, this armour has been with him for over a decade. It's saved his life more than once, and has become a second skin to him. It's outfitted with several weapons and tools to assist him in his duties as a mercenary. It's also very modular, allowing him to swap parts out and modify it fairly easy. It provides excellent protection against both energy and kinetic damage and even gives him some survivability against lightsabers in case he needs to go up against force users with their iconic weapons. He also has an insulated undersuit and rebearther incorporated to allow him to survive in extreme heat or cold for a limited period of time.

It's not without its drawbacks, though. To decrease weight he got rid of areas like the upper arms and legs to allow for better mobility, so these areas are only protected by the undersuit which makes them very vulnerable and potentially fatal. It can also weigh him down at times with all the gear he lugs around inside the armour as well. The rocket boots are also difficult to control and easy to disrupt their balance, especially by force users with a strong enough push. They also don't contain as much fuel as a jetpack so continuous flight is limited. Instead they work better to leap very high and very far. The setup also only provides an average amount of protection against things like EMP attacks or electrical damage, so it's still quite susceptible to more unorthodox and uncommon attacks.

It's a decent setup now, but it will most likely change in appearance and function depending on the type of missions Prince finds himself in.

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, [member="KinkyPrawn"]! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to use the factory. I will be working through the review process with you and hopefully we can make this just as quick and painless as possible in order to get you the armor you desire. So without further ado, let's get started.

KinkyPrawn said:
Manufacturer: Prince Wren
Please ensure the manufacturer of the armor is linked to the submission.

KinkyPrawn said:
Material: Durasteel, Beskar Alloy, transparisteel, various other materials
Please make sure that all named materials in the submission are properly linked to either their appropriate article in the wiki, or to their previous factory submission.

Also, I'd just like to make you aware, but if you use the spreadsheet provided in the template, this armor comes out as "pretty underpowered." If this is what you were aiming for, fantastic! But if you weren't aware, that spreadsheet is there for anyone to use. It's a very useful item to have for sure.

KinkyPrawn

Snappy Boi
Factory Judge
Alden Akaran said:
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, [member="KinkyPrawn"]! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to use the factory. I will be working through the review process with you and hopefully we can make this just as quick and painless as possible in order to get you the armor you desire. So without further ado, let's get started.

Please ensure the manufacturer of the armor is linked to the submission.

Please make sure that all named materials in the submission are properly linked to either their appropriate article in the wiki, or to their previous factory submission.

Also, I'd just like to make you aware, but if you use the spreadsheet provided in the template, this armor comes out as "pretty underpowered." If this is what you were aiming for, fantastic! But if you weren't aware, that spreadsheet is there for anyone to use. It's a very useful item to have for sure.
Linked my character as the manufacturer and linked the materials its made of.

...I was very unaware and actually under the impression the armour might be reaching "a bit much" XD
I'll cast an eye on that spreadsheet tool a bit to see how I can modify it

[member="KinkyPrawn"], Thanks for the hard work and making those adjustments. Typically sonic resistance isn't a common implementation and with your materials provided as well as special features, there's not much support a resistance for this category. If you can include something in your special features and/or description to support this, whether it be some kind of dampening technology, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that though, i'm okay to push this along for a secondary approval. Tag me when this is made and we can push this along to the next level, thanks!

KinkyPrawn

Snappy Boi
Factory Judge
[member="Alden Akaran"] there we go. Edited the sonic damage to low and compensated to keep it in the green with elemental resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom