Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prestidigitation [Azara]

Walking through the light flora on the planet of Dathomir was the soon-to-be Sun King of Thustra, Vael'roth Kon. His reasoning for coming to this uncivilized backwater was simply a search for some potential. Possible potential could be found anywhere int he galaxy, but Dathomir was home to many hopeful sorcerers and magicians. You'd just have to weed them out in order to find them.

Vael was wearing his traditional crimson and gold armor, ebony cape and hood, with his double bladed lightsaber at his waist. His journey was proving to be worthless. He came upon the last village in the vicinity to see what disappointments lied within

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Among the villagers walking about was a lone person in dark purple robe. She stuck out among most given that many did not wear this color. Though she would little afford to part with such a treasured gift, given it is her only real piece of her childhood, and her past, tat she had. Keeping nearly all of herself hidden under the hood and robes she wore, Azara peeked up not an then to see the people she passed or tried to avoid walking into.

This was Dathomir, he place where witches and other magic users were said to be. Only problem was Azara didn't exactly know where to look. That was part of why she was in this town, trying to ask around. She'd only managed enough courage to finally ask at least one person but they reacted with a shocked look before telling her to leave the town. Obviously they were worried about something, probably set witches she was asking for. This made her sigh at how difficult everything seemed. Any Jedi who use the force are often looked at as heroes, Sith as warriors and sometimes the REAL heroes depending on who you asked. But magic? That was something a lot of people worried about, even Azara.

As she walked on she did not see as she walked into someone. The force f it made her fall to the ground, her hood nearly falling off. "S-Sorry!" she said, not looking up to who she'd hit. "I...I didn't mean to!"

@Vael'roth Kon

Vael stopped in his tracks and looked down at the youth before him had rudely bumped into him and fell to the ground. If it weren't for her apology, he'd probably burn her to a crisp. Without saying a word, he reached a hand out to her as a request to aid her back to her feet. Fromt he shadow of his hood, shined a pair of golden eyes that shined like a healthy star.

"C'mon. Get up." he barked, trying not to draw attention to himself. "On your feet." he demanded. Once she was up Vael took a good second look at her and calmed himself. "Watch where you walk, kid."

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Azara jumped a bit when he barked at her like that but still took his hand when he offered it. "I'm...I'm really sorry. Honestly." she said, whipping her robe off. When he told her to watch where she walked she looked up and said "I will, sir. I will." not realizing her hood had fallen back off her head and revealed it to him. It took her a moment to realize this before she quickly forced it back up and said "Sorry..." before starting to walk away.

@Vael'roth Kon

Vael had taken a good look at her face before she could hide it from his sight. Her presence gave off a small hint of magical prowess. He could feel it. It was faint but he knew it was there. "Stop!" he called out to her. Once she followed his command, he would take a few steps and stand in front of her. Looking down upon her, he removed his hood and crossed his arms. "It's not very polite to walk away from someone without a proper farewell."

He was messing with her a little bit by saying this. He did not care for formalities. He just wanted to see how she'd respond. "What's your name, young one?" he asked.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Dead in her tracks she stopped when he ordered her to. She muttered to herself that he hoped he would not cause trouble or anything like that, being it was something she didn't want to get into right now. Next thing she knew he was standing over her and removed his hood. She peeked up and saw his face before he mentioned it wasn't polite to leave with a proper farewell. She looked worried, not fully understanding what he meant by that since it was not as if they were meeting each other or anything. Next thing she knew he asked her name.

"Az....Azara...sir." she said, not looking up at him for fear of him hitting her or something equally bad.

@[member="Vael'roth Kon"]

One of his hands raised to lightly scratch his light chin hair as his gazed was fixed on her. He could feel the warmth of fear emanating off of her. He began circling her slowly, not taking his eyes off of her. Vael sensed her potential for power. "And," he began, "what are you doing in a place such as this, Ms Azara?" he asked. He stopped in front of her after a few circles around young Azara. "Never have I seen a being such as yourself nor would I expect to see someone like you here in this backwater. Where you from?"

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"Uh.....just looking around for magic users." she said nervously. "Like....the Witches of Dathomir?" She was saying it as if expecting him to either know where they were or possible be as astounded or afraid by her asking as most of the others she did. When he asked where she was from Azara simply said "I, uh, grew up in an orphanage n-not to far from Tatooine." she timidly answered. Either he would let her go or they would be here for a while, Azara just wanted to leave if it meant not having to have him hurt or or he getting hurt in the process.

@Vael'roth Kon

"Hmm." he hummed deeply. His interest in her grew twofold at her mention of magic. He grinned slightly and his arms unfolded so his hands could clasp his hands behind his back. "You wish to see magic, eh?" he asked. Meanwhile, behind his back an orb of emerald flame formed in his hands. "I've heard tales of the witches. I've spoken to a few. Never had much of an interest in them. Perhaps I've met one or two who managed to amaze me slightly but nothing too extravagant." he replied. His eyes looked around the surrounding area before looking back at her.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
The mention that he knew the witches caught her attention. Looking u to she could see his eyes she asked "Oh? I,uh, guess that means you've seen a lot of magic yourself. Or...maybe...you're a magic user too?" As curious as her question sounded she was still timid to ask. To be honest, aside from those she knew from the orphanage, this was the longest time she'd talked with anybody before.

@Vael'roth Kon

A light chuckle escaped the lips of the Sephi standing before Azara. Slowly but surely, his hands appeared from behind his back and in them were orbs of emerald flame floating a half inch from his palms. "Is this what you were looking for, young one?" he asked, grinning slightly. "What do you know of magic, Ms Azara? If you know anything at all." As quickly as the fire appeared, it dissipated from his hands as he clasped them together.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Azara took a step back when he showed the flames before her. Looking up when he asked she said "I know it's very dangerous in the wrong hands.....but useful in the others. I've....never really trained or studied with it. That's why I'm here. I'm....I'm trying to control it." She almost sounded ashamed by giving that as an answer.

@Vael'roth Kon

Vael took a knee and looked her in the eye with his golden gaze. His slightly tanned face was covered in what seemed to be arcane insignias that were burned into his flesh. In reality, they were birthmarks...in a way. "You come here seeking a teacher, yet you know little, if not nothing, about sorcery." he scoffed. He slowly rose back to his feet and sucked on his left canine. "Would you say you have the right or the wrong hands, Azara?" he inquired.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
With that question in mind Azara took a moment to think on it. He's made a good point. Just because she intended to use her magic for good didn't exactly mean she had the right to wield it. The last time she used magic she used it to hurt people, out of defense of course, but still. After a moment she finally gave an answer.

"I guess that depends on how I want to use it." she said in a bold yet still timid tone.

@Vael'roth Kon

"Ah. Now ask yourself this: How do I want to use it?" A warm smile grew on his face as he stepped closer to her. "If you wish to not only learn magic, but to empower yourself with it and to become a force to be reckoned with, then I am the man you seek." he stated blatantly. He wasn't cocky, just confident. In his rise to power, he needed one at his side. Another powerful being that would dabble in the dark arts of Sith sorcery like him. "But, I warn you, my dear, the path I walk down is one filled with death and misery. Mostly to your opponents." he informed her.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"I....I don't want to hurt people." she said, looking down. Hearing what he was offering her sounded like something she'd been trying to avoid with magic. She wanted to be a protector not some vanguard of destruction. "I...I want to use magic to help people. Defend them if...if need be. I don't want to hurt anyone...just because I can. You.....understand?" she peeked up to look him in the eyes.

@Vael'roth Kon

"Hmm.." Vael began to pace with his chin resting on a balled fist of his. His long blonde hair slightly fluttered in the light breeze and his golden eyes did not lose their shine as the sun was slowly starting to set. He pondered for a moment as a response to her argument. "There will always be those who would see your talents as a threat or even use you as a weapon. If you come with me, I will teach you the powers you seek and allow you to use them how you see fit, but not without my guidance.." He stopped his pace and stood inches from her. "In order to defend people or yourself, you just might have to kill. If you become my apprentice, I will promise you that I will never force you to kill anyone or anything without reason."

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
She listened to every word of his proposal. While she did not want to agree with it, the man did make a point. There would likely be times when she would have to take that drastic step over the line if it meant defending others. If anything she could hopefully learn what spells she needed to at least harm them enough to make them run or knock them out. In any case she had little options and, given that she might never find another magic user like this for some time, she had very little choice.

"Very well...." she said, removing her hood so he could see her again. I suppose I am yours...uh...? she asked, indicating for a name.

@Vael'roth Kon

A dark chuckle escaped his lips before Vael could grin. "Good. You will become one of the most respected sorceresses this galaxy will have ever known." he praised before walking towards his ship in the far distance. "Where are my manners? I am Vael'roth Kon, Sun King of Thustra. You may and will refer to me as your Master, from now on. Is that understood?" he ensured. "You are to now follow my teachings to the letter if you wish to control the immense power that was bestowed upon you."

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Azara rubbed her shoulder in a nervous tension when he introduced himself. He was a king of some sort, that made him even more intimidating to her. When he'd finally finished his grand introduction to her, explaining what would be expected of her and all Azara gave a little nod before finally seeing how she needed to act in front of her new teacher. She opened her robe, revealing the leotard she wore underneath, before giving a little bow.

"Understood.....master." she said before fixing herself back to normal.

@Vael'roth Kon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom