Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Dev? Pre-Factoy?

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
Ok, so recently I've been thinking up quite an interesting character to write. Although I do face a few problems. Seeing as how this new character will have been created within a lab with multiple strands of DNA of other species, In short it's a hybrid, is their a rule on this or...what? If so, what is the limit upon how much of a hybrid is it of other species, no I'm not saying it's a hybrid of 100 species cause that would be ridiculous. But also for this character, it had armor-plating implanted into it's biological skin with maybe some of it being cortois so how would I go about doing this? Would I have to do a dev thread "in the past" or what? Also for this character, roughly how many factory threads will I have to do for his "implanted" armor? If that would even need a factory thread, along with the character's infa-red vision and night vision via a cybernetic implant within it's eyes and neck area. Sorry if these are redundant questions, I just want to be sure before I do something wrong with creating this character.

[member="Jordan Achilles"]
I am on my phone so I can't quote the rule, but any mix of 3 or more species requires a species sub, per character creation rules

Jsc

Disney's Princess

Hybrid Species must be subbed through the Species Codex.
Cortosis requires a Restricted Materials Dev Thread. I don't know how many posts, probably just twenty. It would not have to be in the past. But that's cool too.
Special optics do not require a dev thread.

Cheers.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Jay Scott Clark said:

Cortosis requires a Restricted Materials Dev Thread. I don't know how many posts, probably just twenty. It would not have to be in the past
But, it's kinda like armor implanted to his skin so how would I go about doing the dev thread if the armor is literally internally and externally implanted within him. Plus, will this guy was "created" in the past via his history so, yeah.

Implanted armor would be a mix of a development thread for it (be it solo, or jointly with other writers), and a factory sub (most likely) to approve the armor portion, and it's stats/strengths/weaknesses. That's not really a species or biological thing on that end, so not a codex thing there. The hybrid part, Braith is correct 3 or more species for a hybrid and that will require a species submission to Codex.

As for Cortosis that is restricted and does require specific development. Be sure to check the Restricted Materials thread to see what it wants of you. It will tell you what you need to do exactly just to get the Cortosis. Keep in mind that's just for the material itself, not the implantation.

As for actually going about having it implanted, you'd need someone who writes a doctor/physician/surgeon to do the work with that. Or just do it solo and write the doctor as an NPC yourself. That'd be the two simplest options, and there are people out there who fit into the the above categories that might be willing to help out. I'd just start a thread about it over in roleplaying discussion and you are bound to get someone interested.

For how many threads you'd need .... It would be one thread for the Cortosis itself, one dev for the implantation, and a factory submission. Possibly a codex submission if you use three or more species for the hybrid.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Coryth Elaris"]
But I would still have to do these, kinda in the past cause, yeah. I'd just rather do the threads like "in the past" like set in the past cause this character was made in a lab and everything kinda in the past. So for short, I might just do these myself but might seek out somebody to help me with them.

You can have them set 'in the past' as you put it. That's not a problem. I'd just personally label the thread 'Past RP' in the title, along with whatever you choose to call it. Or alternatively, leave an OOC note in the opening post explaining that the thread is happening in the past. That's at least what I've done with my threads that were set in the past, way back in my character's history and what not. That's not a problem at all. Just need the threads and the work to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom