Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pototype RSR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
43a268ed4381ea3c5155922a9ee57ed2-d3b394h.jpg
Intent: The Rattataki's Pimary Energy Rifle for use in Defense and Combat, or Policing.
Development Thread: No, Will attempt to make one if asked. ^.^ This my first time.
Manufacturer: Rattataki Munitions Initiative
Model: RSR-2
Affiliation: Rattatak
Modularity: Yes
Production: 1
Material: Durasteel, Thermal resistant ceramic alloys, and Cushion on shoulder pad.
Description: [SIZE=9.5pt]This weapon is pretty much the beginning line of a series of this type of weaponry. A [/SIZE]prototype particle based weaponry of designs to come in the future. As far as the weapons strength. The weapon has two modes both determine effectiveness. As with the beam form the weapon shoots a constant beam at a target location which causes the effective spot to heat up and the molecules to become unstable once the the beam cuts off all hell breaks loose in a fury explode. While this is a pototype the beam doesn't travel fast so its effective againts armor which isn't being worn by people. However the weapon does have a automatic fireing mode which the beam is then projected out in short burst to increase the odds of hitting a person on foot.

• -Its range is good as its scope is adaptable to a wrist screen for shooting over objects.
  • -Those one of its weakness is fast moving target while the weapon is in beam mode. Another one of its weakness is at the current prototype and only prototype series its energy cell is bulky and takes time to change after the cell is expended.
  • -Another weakness is that the weapons beam normally gives the shooters position away sense this weapon isn't meant for a fast beam fire.
  • -It’s pretty effective against virtually any armor the fact that when the weapon is on the armor for a longer duration the hotter the beam point of inpact becomes. devastating to flesh.
  • Effective againts lightsabers because of the nature of the energy being unstable when the beam or bolt came in contact with lightsabers it wouldn't reflect but explode violently.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 0.7 Meter
Weight: 17Lbs
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 5
Effective Range: 700m

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Rieta Vegroz"]
Could you expand on the description, please? You state that it's effective against virtually any armor, but what types? Is there a kind of armor that is resistant to it? Some metals that are used for armor and vehicles do have excellent thermal properties, so please elaborate. Also, you mention a "beam mode", but I'm not seeing what the "primary mode" of firing is. Go ahead and toss on another paragraph or so to fully describe both of these.

Also, I see you've used the - key to designate weaknesses and such. Just for ease of reading, could you order those in a list form, please?

Go ahead and @ me when done and we'll go from there :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Rieta Vegroz"]
Mkay, I appreciate you have edited and included what I asked for, but in doing so the way you did we now have another problem.

You seem to have edited in a way that has violated the Banned Item List, specifically the section on Plagiarism. Yes, the section there states from anything outside the Star Wars universe, but the literal definition of the word is to use a work that is not yours as your own. You seem to have copied parts of your descriptions from the Wookieepedia entry on Particle Beams. Please edit your description to make the written description your own OR give credit to Wookieepedia appropriately for the use of their description.

Outside of this, the only problems I can see at this time is that the weapon is a prototype and therefore probably won't be in large production, even minor. Also, with the fact that this is a two fire mode weapon and very powerful and destructive, production for this prototype would most likely be Unique in production scale. Once the weapon is beyond the prototype stage, ie. has been used and developed over a few threads or over time IC'ly and has been addressed for improvements to produce more, then you could apply for Limited Production as depending on how powerful it remains, I cannot see it fitting into a mass or minor production scale.

Also, due to this being a prototype as well as having a Unique production, I will also ask you to develop the weapon through a quality IC roleplay. I will ask for at least 20 posts, but I can go with 10-15 posts if the thread is very detailed and explains a great deal of the weapon, it's production, and how it works. Anything more than 20 posts is awesome and epicness.

Alright, just @ me when the edits are done and the thread is completed and linked and we'll go from there :)

Matreya

I know this is strictly not allowed, but the phone im on is difficult to work with (womt let me open profile pages right) so i cant message. I believe the image used is one i already saw on an old energy sniper

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Lord Daemos"]
Yes, it is strictly not allowed, so please don't do it again. Your statement is noted and if you can find the submission in question, please PM it to me and it will be addressed. I'll also see if I can find it in the meantime. For future reference, if you can't PM me, make a thread in the Factory Discussion and tag me in it. Otherwise, I'm sure it'll wait until you can get to a computer to PM myself or another FJ or RPJ about it. Worst case scenario if we miss something like that, we just adjust accordingly regardless.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Rieta Vegroz"]
Alrighty, just two things now.

First off, I'm assuming the "Production: 1" means it is a Unique weapon. Please place Unique in the section. If you still wish to state that there is only one at this time, put "Production: Unique (1)" in the section, please.

Second off, what armor is this weapon effective against and what armor is it ineffective against? Please elaborate in the description.

Lastly, I'm still going to ask for a development thread for this weapon. At least 10 posts of good quality will suffice, though if lacking quality posts 20+ should do. So long as the story is good and accurately portrays the weapon development, you should be fine.

@ me when ready and we'll move on from there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom