Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post eum

600px-OverwatchLijiangTower.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear [member="Rosa Gunn"],

Please find attached the completed schematics for the Boolon foundation's medical droid contracted to be designed and produced by IMF.

Prototype testing will take place on Mygeeto at our company's head quarters. Address attatched below.

Thank you

-Melody@imf.com (The best bot)
----------------------------------------------------------

Another day another e-mail, well, Natalie hadn't sent that one. It was her AI who managed most mundane tasks for her day-to-day life. Only a robot could be trusted to complete such monotonous and boring things. A human would go crazy answering so many of them as a job, let alone the majority of her time spent breathing air and hiding from the sunlight.

Not that sun was an issue on Mygeeto. Most of the planet blocked out was little light got through, and what light did get through was almost completely diminished by the overwhelming amount of skyscrapers and local architecture. Quite a cultural centre on the planet, and this prime real estate is what brought IMF to cite its first corporate headquarters right here.

Oh and the government was in enormous amounts of debt and was happy to sell cheap swaves of land to whatever private corporate monopoly came first.

But that's not the point. Right?
For reference; Z1-NMD

Rosa Gunn

R
[OOC: Sorry for the delay, life forced me to take a hiatus, but am back no and hopefully we can get this tied up nicely]

Rosa acknowledged the email, sending her gratitude and confirmation that she would attend the testing of the new droid. She spent the journey to Mygeeto pouring over the droids specifications and working out how she would work them into her ground units. It was, in all honesty, not quite what she had expected from IMF but it still ticked all the boxes she'd asked it to tick.

If anything she was impressed by the ingenuity of the idea. Though she was unsure about the anti-personell lasers, but perhaps they could be altered to something less lethal, or if not, she would have to do her best to make sure they were not needed. It was a fools hope though, to expect teams to enter a battlefield to rescue and treat people without them needing to defend themselves, she just hoped they would do so without killing anyone else.

The Golden Rose docked at the nearest spaceport and the Jedi caught a speeder to IMF's head quarters. Dressed in her usual black and white attire, she tugged the gloves from her hands as she entered Pleasure Tower and headed for reception where she assumed Miss Laforte would meet her.

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

The building, unlike others surrounding it was lacking any sort of lighting, or so it appeared to be. As [member="Rosa Gunn"] made her way to the door, a green light would appear just above her and illuminate the area slightly before a soft male voice uttered. "Welcome to.. Pleasure Tower! Please make your way to the receptionist's desk to be greeted by a member of our corporate staff team. Refreshments will be available if they are included in your package deal."

Several more lights, white in colour would light up should she choose to proceed into the building. Curiously enough, there was nothing in site, human or robot, it would appear as if the entire place was completely abandoned. A few dings would come from what appeared to be an elevator shaft before stopping and opening, revealing Natalie who gave Rosa a warm smile as she walked over and offered to shake her hand.

"Pleasure to meet again, Miss Gunn. I'm assuming your here regarding your droid commission?"

Rosa Gunn

R
The darkness, while unusual did not overly concern Rosa, she was familiar with Miss LaForte's photo-sensitivity, though only because she'd done her homework before meeting her the first time. After all, it paid well to know who you were meeting and that you were not walking into something potentially dangerous. Though, some more dramatic and judgemental types might have said meeting with a vampire was dangerous.

The jedi master looked round and smiled as Natalie approached from the shadows. Rosa extended a hand to shake in greeting. "Indeed I am, Miss LaForte. I had a look through the schematics you sent me, its not what I expected, but I'm quite eager to see it."

"Sorry for the lighting. We've just been laying off some staff to make room for some more automation, we're still in a transitional period."

Natalie would then gesture to Rosa to walk towards the elevator and if she did so, Natalie would follow. Her face would twitch as [member="Rosa Gunn"] began to comment on the schematics that she was sent before immediately countering it. "I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the result however. Sometimes, the customer is not always right and sometimes they don't know exactly what they're after, especially when designing a droid. No offense." Smiling and then pressing a button on the elevator as it would began to go down a couple of floors.

"You'll also be the first person other than company personnel to see our testing grounds so you know.. congratulations" giggling as the elevator would ding and the doors would open, revealing a large plain white room with nothing other than a Z2-MD a few feet near them.

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa smiled, taking the lead and stepping into the elevator before Natalie. "No offence taken. If i was any kind of technical minded then I wouldn't have needed you or your company to produce something. I'm honoured to be the first to see your testing grounds."

She was truly looking forward to seeing the machine in person, there was something that couldn't quite be put across in drawings. As the elevator doors slid open Rosa felt her jaw drop. The drawings truly did not do it justice. Standing at more than twice her own height with four large cylindrical legs, the Z2-MD was rather mean looking for a medical droid. Rosa stepped out of the elevator silently, circling the droid and inspecting it from every angle.

The droids dome head reminded her a little of vulture droids, nasty droids star fighters, but she quite liked the impact it had. A few of these on a battlefield along with a team of medics and people might think twice about attacking them, that being said, it could also draw attention to them. Especially with the gun that rested between its legs. She tapped the barrel of the gun, taking her eyes of the droid for the first time since seeing it and looking at Natalie.

"In terms of the weapon, can it be programmed to avoid lethal shots?"

"Oh certainly. I mean really if you were so inclined we could produce a model for the Boolon foundation to just omit the weaponry entirely or switch the firing rounds to something such as stun charges, although that would render it defenseless really and I would recommend against that. It's the equivalent of sending in a medic with no backup, except when it dies you don't feel the moral obligation to tell their family you just got their child killed."

Natalie smiles after stating that and then continues in an equally pleasant sounding voice. "Shall we proceed?"

"The Z2-Medical Droid, Z2-MD for short, provides everything the modern rescuer needs. 4 pods with retractable doors where the robot can provide emergency care to any individual, as long as they are around the size of your average human, which can be essential for fighting off infection from open wounds. Even better, there is absolutely no risk involved in sending these bots in. Able to traverse rocky ground or a mountain, and can combat whatever the weather it finds itself in. Best of all, it comes with 2 heavy anti-personnel laser cannons mounted on the bottom, capable of removing unarmored foes."

"Now, speaking of modifications, is there any you would like to be made?"

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa blinked at Natalie's brutal statement but said nothing in response. She'd never contemplated sending it in without it, she simply wanted to be sure that whatever happened she could keep causalities on the Foundations hands to a minimum. She stepped back and listened carefully to the woman's pitch, disagreeing silently that the laser canons were the 'best part'. She wondered if all weapons manufacturers shared this attitude.

"No, there's not." she replied smiling. "It'll be a wonderful asset to the Foundation and its mission. How many are you prepared to produce for us?"

"Well, currently we have around 500 in stock which we're prepared to grant you free of charge.. so long as you list IMF as an official sponsor, and if all goes well and your happy with that model we could provide roughly 250 on a monthly basis to your foundation, again, free of charge. If you want to purchase anymore we could provide them at a subsidized cost, so long as you're a registered charity in your system of operations."

As to where the subsidies were coming from, they were actually going to be becoming from Natalie's own pocket, though by and large these were not all that expensive, at least compared to other models that IMF has produced in the past.

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
"Two hundred and fifty a month?!" Rosa exclaimed and shook her head and laughed. "I wouldn't have anywhere to hold them all." she paused thoughtfully for a moment. "I accept your initial offer of five hundred, for that will be more than enough to be getting on with for now. The extras though...How would you feel about putting them into a reserve for the Foundation. For example if some of the initial 500 are damaged beyond repair and need replacing or we need to bolster our numbers for a far larger mission?"

"Oh that's fine. We can hold them in storage, up to 500 units at a time for the space we've reserved for the Boolon Foundation. I'm assuming you now mean you require 500 as a single donation, in addition 500 in reserves at all times? In which case, that can all be completed within 3 months. Of course, if there's any malfunctions with any of the droids, send them straight back to us, along with detailing any of the repairs that need to be made."

Natalie went to shake the woman's hand.

"If there are no more questions, then I suppose we're done here."

Rosa Gunn

R
"Perfect." Rosa said with a nod and taking Natalie's extended and and shaking it. "Once they are ready i'll have one of the Foundation's ships come and collect them. Thank you Miss LaForte, its been a pleasure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom