Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="George"] | [member="Alasdair Sitra"] | RE : Kathol Outback Supplies

These types of business meetings were his favorite, the ones he could kick back and relax in, mainly because they were done via HoloNet. It always always amusing getting ready for one, dress shirt and tie on the top, wild colored pajama pants for what the HoloNet wouldn't be picking up. As the HoloNet connected, Judah rolled the sleeves up to his elbows, giving a slightly more casual look.

He would have visited both companies personally but his interests were tied up in Silver Sanctum...Jedi...whatever, territory. The commute wasn't worth it, especially for something as simple as shipping. Salacia Consolidated was a leading contributor of donations for the Outback citizens. Medical supplies. Foodstuffs. Hygiene products. Building supplies. Just nearly anything to get the average person back to their life after their horrible experience with the Black Rose and various warlords.

With the HoloNet finally connecting, he made an effort to look awake, even if it was the dead of night on Dac.

"Good...er..." Judah paused to look at various time zones on various planets. It didn't work out so well. "Hello. I've brought both of you together to discuss humanitarian shipments. I suppose some brief introductions are in order. Judah Dashiell, owner of Salacia Consolidated."

When George had been contacted by Salacia Consolidated he had been taken aback at first. It was true that George Freight Group had indeed received some very positive customer reviews since the company’s inception, but never had a corporation of this size contacted him let alone propose that George should run cargo for them. It was an exciting opportunity and immediately George had packed his ship, prepared to travel to wherever the meeting would be held. What he later found out was that it was to occur over the HoloNet. While the old spacer was aware that the HoloNet existed, he was not certain what exactly it was. It had only been introduced on Uluru a short while ago after the Commonwealth had opened its borders to the galaxy at large, and even then the connection on the planet was supposedly dreadful.

With the help from one of his younger employees from Sullust, he had bought a computer terminal and sat it up in his hangar in Pinyumb. In the background, out of sight of the sensors, the young mechanic stood, nervously trying to cope with how technological impaired George must have looked as he attempted to connect to the call. Finally, the right button was pressed and on the other end of the lines, his image appeared.

George was an old man, his complexion tan and weathered, beaten by wind and weather over many years of planetary traveling. A smile was visible behind the majestic wild beard of his. His long hair was huddled in a ball at the back of his, the sides of his head shaven. “Hello? Can ye hear me?” He asked somewhat tentatively, his smile widening when a whisper from his employee behind him said that those he spoke to indeed could. “Good. Erm, yes. I am George Maui, owner of George Freight Group, or GFG as the officials 'ere on Sullust keep referring to us as. It is a pleasure meeting both of ye.” His accent was a thick drawl, an indication that he definitely was not from a core world.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] :: [member="Alasdair Sitra"]​

[member="George"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

George’s thick accent wouldn’t be the only one at the meeting. Alasdair Sitra, a result of years spent in the Kathol Outback, would add his own almost infuriating blend of drawl to the conversation with a quick greeting to match his own image flickering into the conversational feed.

He had managed to make the connection through his office on Kal’shebbol and despite the distance and interference it was a considerably smooth display. The occasional ripple as the feed interacted with something along the distance, but he couldn’t complain.

“Morning.” He glanced out of the small window nearby, the sun was rising on the Outback, so it was a nice confirmation that they shared at least one little nod to their conversational ties. “I hope I find you both in high spirits.”

His fingers had taken hold of a steaming canister of some thick brown brew that had been handed to him when he first woke up. The smell was horrible, the taste not much better but apparently it was the best wake up call this side of the galaxy. He couldn’t argue with that either.

[member="George"] | [member="Alasdair Sitra"]

"Mr.Maui, pleasure to hear from you. I've heard some things about GFG as I've got some contacts and interests on Sullust. Not many are focusing on the Outback. Impressive."

Judah had his own cup of caf and took a sip as the second shipping company connected. This distance made the connected a little distorted from time to time but the minor glitch was hardly an issue. It appeared to be morning in both sectors of their piece of the universe and he made a small note of it.

The thick Outer Rim accents didn't bother him. Judah was from the Outer Rim himself,Salucami to be exact. Back water farm kid through and through, despite the success and credits. It felt good to be partnering with two others from the Outer regions. Too many got caught up in the Core Worlds. Never was his cup of tea.

"Mr.Sitra, good morning.Thanks for joining us. " Another sip of his caf. "We should get down to business. I'm looking for a long-term solution in the Outback area.Salacia's been donating a considerable amount of supplies. Not an issue....Issue is getting them to people. We've been diverting salvaging ships but that can be slow. Dedicated freight haulers is whats needed, folks who know the area too. Afraid my crew is not from the area. Don't know all the tricks."

It always warmed George’s heart hearing good things about his Freight Group. It was his way of affording to travel the galaxy that he had been denied his entire youth. As Dashiell greeted him, George gave a deep nod in return, the smile behind the bushy beard of his widening. Soft music could be heard on Georges end. Flowing quietly through the hangar and into the tiny office space that he was currently sitting in. While it would very likely have annoyed quite a lot of professional business people, it was easing to George. A reminder of home.

“Sounds like an honorable task, son. Would be a privilege to run that haul for ye. Got to be an honest man though, and tell ye face to face that I’m not from the Outback. I’m from Uluru ye see. Alexandria. But we’re focusing our efforts along the Sanctuary Pipeline and the Rimma Trade Route and everything in-between. Which includes the Outback. A few days ago I picked up an older fella, great pilot. I think he came from Elrood. If he continues to do his job proper, I’m sure he would be great for a task like this.”

While George had an ability for trade, he was lacking of knowledge regarding usual business meeting conduct. Something that became evident as he slowly began finishing his bowl of porridge. Though it was obvious he still listened intently and ate proper. Though, even if he had known about such conduct, it was likely he would not have bothered. He had a drop-off to make after the interview and he needed a healthy stomach for the trip. Furthermore, he sat among brothers of trade. Spacers.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] :: [member="Alasdair Sitra"]​

[member="George"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Damn the concoction he sipped was vile. Fortunately the conversation they had started was not, for it included a steady line of work from all appearances, and a steady line of work meant credits. As Dashiell made note of his need, Alasdair could only make a connection with his words, it had been half the reason that the STG had been established, because of the vast remoteness of the Outback and the ever growing need for goods to the furthest of reaches as the populations grew following the relative freedom of the Kathol movement.

“Well I’ve already got a steady stream of traffic moving through the Outback, including Demonsgate to Kal’Shebbol. I can’t see why I can’t set a couple of secondary runs up to scatter among the other Outback settlements on a more regular basis.” He gave a quick thought, he already had bi-monthly supply runs to the various outer planets of the Kathol, as well as several of the stations located through-out. “If you need those goods moved with dedicated crews I’m sure we can take what share we can. My boys are well versed in the area.”

He listened to George, the other company that had been brought onto the deal. A necessity Alasdair understood, for with the remoteness of the Kathol having a single freight company for such a project was never going to work. The fact that he wasn’t from the Outback didn’t bother him in the slightest, in fact he preferred it. It gave them both a set of unique skills to assure that the task would be done. Alasdair’s Outback savviness, George’s wider understanding and Dashiell’s corporate ability. It was a perfect match it would seem.

[member="Alasdair Sitra"] | [member="George"]

"I still think you'll be useful George. Mr.Sitra can't be moving up and down the Rimma Trade constantly getting supplies. You don't have that much experience deep in the Outback. My proposal would have you both work in coordination. George you would bring in supplies to a rather well-known port in the Outback, perhaps Demonsgate."

"Mr.Sitra would come in and scatter those supplies deep into the Outback. I don't think you two would oppose working in tandem. George you may need one dedicated shipment if we decide to ship some larger supplies. You'll be given advanced notice of course. If you both accept I'll share the manifest and whats on the docket for the locals. Medical supplies continue to be a hot button issue. Hard to get certain things deep into the Outback...Mr.Sitra I'm you can attest to that."

"Questions? Complaints? Ideas?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom