Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll on the Chaos Community's take on the 'like' system

Should Chaos do away with the "like" system?

• Yes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 83.7%

• Total voters

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Should Chaos get rid of the 'like' system?

There are pros and cons to the system. Does anyone else struggle with that little beast of insecurity when it rears its ugly head?

The like system is a popularity contest that is exploited. For example, when there is a disagreement and we all beahve like middle school kids and watch it, we like the posts on whoever side we agree with and thus cause much upset.

That said, it boosts my ego. So if we could hide the likes, but not remove it, that would be something I would go for

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Maria Natalja said:
Wat?

The best way to show appreciation is public admiration and acknowledgment. >.> Every person (besides the really shy or introvert ones) likes to be appreciated publicly.
Yeah, I was speaking more for the shy or introvert peeps. BUT, I'm also referring to the judgement factor if you don't get them or have a higher 'like' count.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Mia Monroe said:
The like system is a popularity contest that is exploited. For example, when there is a disagreement and we all beahve like middle school kids and watch it, we like the posts on whoever side we agree with and thus cause much upset.

That said, it boosts my ego. So if we could hide the likes, but not remove it, that would be something I would go for
YES. I second that. We could still have a 'like' total count on the character's profile page but not within each post.

Can I like your post without contradicting myself? ;)

I find that people who are light-hearted, kind, and positive contributors to the community have no trouble getting likes. Likes are also a way in which we show appreciation for an insightful OOC post or excellent storytelling. If people are upset because they don't think they're popular enough, either get over it or take it as a hint that maybe you should try being, well...nicer.

Assadar Ilrast said:
If people are upset because they don't think they're popular enough, either get over it or take it as a hint that maybe you should try being, well...nicer.
I am feeling like I love you now.

[member="Kitt Solo"], not exactly. :p This topic has been brought up many times and it's interesting to see how many former supporters have fallen to the "I HATE LIKES" zone.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Maria Natalja"]

I don't hate likes but I disagree with the system and think it could be changed.

Also, I don't think the number of likes has to do with how nice of a person you are (maybe in some cases outside of the rping forum). It seems to be more about writing quality, creativity, or taking realistic hits within the role-playing forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom