Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Police Officer Character

I am getting ready to make a police character and I am just not sure how to do it. I spoke with the Hutt faction and they said they would certainly interact with a cop, and they mentioned there are cop like characters in other factions.

So my question is where does this character fit? Is there a group of non force sensitive law enforcement? I know the Jedi play a cop type role but I’m sorta looking for more of a detective story.

I've done a few cops-and-robbers type threads with varying degrees of success. It will largely depend on who you write with. I did one pretty good thread with Levi Levi where he was posting his actions committing a crime (breaking into and robbing a mansion) in the past tense, then I wrote my character discovering the clues he left behind hours later in the present tense, eventually culminating in a chase.

Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters

It can be tough. There isn't one group that completely fits. Silver lining there's never a shortage of criminals to thread with, but it's mostly writer initiative and you gotta make peace with Jedi dominating the scene. Rimward Trade League and the Galactic Alliance both offer more or less what you're after but neither group is thriving with NFU police. Darkwire offers plenty of cyberpunk noir but the cops aren't exactly the good guys. Enclave have a heavy law and order theme but they're a mando faction first. You're always welcome as an antagonist in Hutt Space threads.

Because there's so many criminals, tossing up a LFG thread will often generate interest. Sometimes it's challenging though in the same way the bounty hunting game is challenging.

Last edited:
Second King of The Elysium Empire
I am getting ready to make a police character and I am just not sure how to do it. I spoke with the Hutt faction and they said they would certainly interact with a cop, and they mentioned there are cop like characters in other factions.

So my question is where does this character fit? Is there a group of non force sensitive law enforcement? I know the Jedi play a cop type role but I’m sorta looking for more of a detective story.

The Imperium has The Elysium Trade Authority and The Elysium Intelligence Agency. We also provide a lot of security on Damascus Station...if any of that interests you.

Azalus Waba

A Dangerous Wish
If you do want to affiliated I would say that any planet, sector etc. with an authoritarian government would have some sort of police force. Trouble with that is that you are then at the mercy of criminals coming to your jurisdiction in order to RP. I think you're on the right course being an unaffiliated traveling law man or woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom