Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podracing to Politicking

Nolan Kitari had only been on Commenor for an hour when he walked into the Headquarters of the CSA. He walked up to the security station. The security guard had been eyeing his datapad taking no mind to his surroundings. Nolan was wearing a black leather jacket with a red button up and a pair of jeans. Along with that he was wearing designer boots. Unlike most people Nolan kept his sunglasses on inside. He didn’t want too much attention until he could use it to his advantage even though he still stood out from the politicians.

“Bags and shoes in the basket.” He said monotonously. Nolan cleared his throat. The guard slowly tilted his head. “Sir, if you would just....” he stopped suddenly and his Jaw dropped. Nolan took off his shades. “Mr. Wing! I mean Mr. Kitari! Wha-What are you doing here?”

Nolan leaned into the security officer. “I need an audience with Lady Kay. Preferably private.”

The security guard stopped for a second and thought of what to say “Well Mr. Wing, typically the higher-ups don’t allow just anybody to meet with Lady Kay but they’ll almost allow you we just to take a DNA test to confirm who you are.” He said taking out a wrapped syringe from his bag.

“Alright, hurry it up, also if I find out you allow my blood out of your hands prepare for a lawsuit.” He said. It wouldn’t be the first time a crazed fan tried to clone him.

The syringe was stuck into his arm after the officer found his vein. He drew his blood and plucked it out. As Nolan put some gauze on his arm, the officer plugged in an attachment to his datapad he dropped some of the blood onto it. After a minute the binged and confirmed it was Nolan Kitari.

“Right this way, Mr. Wing.” The security officer said happily.

The secretary outside of Lady Kays office stood up, “Wilkins! What is the meaning of this? Lady Kay doesn’t have an appointment until another three hours from now.”

“Well this is a V.I.P.! Nolan “The Wing” Kitari!” The security officer rebutted.

“I’ve never heard of him!” She whisper yelled.

“Hall of Fame Pod Racer? The greatest Human Podracer of all time? He was born and raised on Commenor!”

As the two argued, Nolan didn’t bother waiting for the two to resolved their differences, he continued and walked into her office.

“Lady Kay, I’m sorry to disturb you, but I’m Nolan Kitari. Most people call me the Wing. I’m not sure if you know of my work, it’s probably below someone of your status, but I’m truly a huge fan of your administration, which is why I’m offering you my services.” Nolan explained. “Do you mind if I take a seat?” He asked pointing to the seat.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It should surprise anyone that Kay's assistant Olivia knew nothing about [member="Nolan Kitari"] . The older lady didn't keep up with sports or pop culture or anything of the sort. She had far too much to do here. Still, he should've cleared this meeting with her first.

Yet he walked into Kay's office anyways, almost as though he owned the place.

She looked up from her datapad, tea in hand and raised a brow. This was highly unusual. Celebrities don't exactly make it a habit to walk inside her office door. Kay gestured for him to sit in the chair across from hers. "Mister Kitari, it's a pleasure. Are you...planning of coming out of retirement?" She hadn't a clue about his political ambitions as of yet.

“Lady Kay, when you say retirement you make me feel old, I’m only 28.” He laughed as he sat down.

It would be a lie to say Nolan wasn’t brash, arrogant even. But that same attitude also fuels his passions. Something that when he’s not being arrogant can be used for good.

“Lady Kay let me paint you a picture. You and me, we’re both iconic. When people see us we’re instantly recognizable. For the most part.” He said remembering Lady Kay’s assistant.

“However how they act around us is another subject. When people see you they see royalty, upper-class, respect. When they see me, they see that same Commenori boy all those years ago who used to do those amateur podraces not too far outside the capital. The thing is Lady Kay, whether you see it or not, I can connect with the people of the CSA on a different level that you and all the nobles can’t truly, I went to the same schools, the same stores, the same parks as common citizens. I also know how to deal with the press, and public relation disasters, something I’ve been dealing with them my whole career.” Nolan said brashly. He suddenly got a sad look in his eyes. His tone went from confident to humble. He leaned in closer to her desk and whispered. “Look, I know at first glance I’m just an arrogant celebrity, it comes with years of people treating you special, and when it comes to unruly fans it’s a wall, but the truth is I want to help my homeworld. I want to do something unheard of, I want to transition from Podracing to Politicking. I want to help you, Lady Kay.” He smiled hoping he had convinced her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay sat back in her chair as she listened to [member="Nolan Kitari"] speak. At times she furrowed her brows, most especially as he touched on the fact that the Commenori felt as though they couldn't connect with her. She had tried to make herself as available to them as she could. Often both herself and her husband would eat at one of the local restaurants or cafes, and speak with anyone that approached them.

But did they all really seem so disconnected? That wasn't a good thing.

"I wasn't born into this, you know. I worked hard for it, starting from nothing. I left politics twice but it came back in full force. Politics has a way of doing that, you know....Are you sure that that's something that you'd like to get yourself into?" Politics wasn't for everyone, afterall.

“To answer your question, I’m ready for politics. Also Lady Kay, I meant no disrespect, I know your beloved by your people and you worked hard to get where you are. I wouldn’t be here if I thought otherwise” He said observing her face, it was... skeptical at best. “I’m just saying for right now the media and the people are on your side. Let me just say, you are always one bad move away from an uprising. Which is why you need me, I’m damage control. A buffer, someone who has had prior experience with the media. Someone who can keep rumors from spreading like wildfire. Besides like you, I’m a beloved public figure. They have no reason to not trust me.” He said with a slick smile.

“Look I’ve been in some pretty tough situations, but I never had a publicist. Never needed one. I always did that myself, and now look at me scandal-free in the Hall of Fame. I want you to be in the Commenor Hall of Fame, Lady Kay, Scandal-free.” He said.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay was silent for a moment while she thought about it. [member="Nolan Kitari"] was right. She would need someone to help gain the upper hand with the tabloids and media in general. Especially if her husband fell even further into Darkness. There would be plenty of damage control to be done there, especially if he started to break Commenori law. He was seperate from that, yet still, people don't forget their King so easily. Even if he resigned his crown.

Yet would she need to reveal her secrets to Nolan? Hopefully not. At best, she saw him as someone to be her own spokesperson, maybe even her speechwriter. Someone that could do interviews for her. Would he be telling her how to dress or where to go? Kay liked to make her own schedule.

"Scandal free. I'd like that. There is no current position available, so we'll have to...create one. How about Minister of Public Relations? Having such a high title would give you free reign to attend the meetings and a higher level of security clearance."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom