Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Planting Seeds

Korriban
Varin (Capital City)
Spaceport

Tags: Mazrith Drihl Mazrith Drihl

It was in Korriban's capital city, Vardin, that A'Mia took her first steps upon the sandy soil of a planet that seemed to have called out to her across spacetime. Her guide would be joining her again shortly but she took advantage of the spare time she had by planting herself out of the way of air traffic, spreading out her form on the edge of one walkway to soak up some sun.

The starport bustled with traffic befitting a growing city, the buzz of workers and pedestrians offset by the unnerving stillness of undead soldiers who stood guard, a reminder of Korriban's very recent bloody history. A'Mia was fascinated by them at first, having spent several minutes just staring at a cluster of the dead but animate beings, testing the limits of her vision and attempting to understand how force flowed through them.

Upon exhausting her curiosity, she found herself a place on the walkway and shifted to a form much more conducive for gathering as much sunlight as possible. Her body grew far more tree like and she lost most semblance to anything humanoid save for the little bits of fabric which could be seen through some of her vines. A'Mia might have stayed that way until she was granted her next audience, but a figure caught her attention.

image0.jpg

She watched from afar for a while, almost completely unmoving save for the sandy winds which stirred her vines. The figure, a humanoid man she surmised, had the look of someone who had also been called here. She could not rationalize why she thought that was the case, but it was rare indeed for A'Mia to experience anything even remotely akin to empathy so she resolved to discover more.

A'Mia shifted rapidly back to her most humanoid form and she began walking in the man's direction with purpose. The Neti woman drew a few odd looks, one group of particularly noble looking Falleen gazed at her askance for a moment but she paid them no mind and with all things considered, she was hardly the strangest thing in Vardin. Clad in a simple black half-shirt which left her navel bare and some black puffy sirwal pants, she looked almost civilian.

"You are new here too" she said brightly, mere feet away as she offered a very slight bow which kept her eyes level with where his would be were it not for the mask.

Last edited:

Characters:
Madrona A’Mia Madrona A’Mia

The shuttle was shaking violently again.

Mazrith sat with his back against the hull of a small civilian transport shuttle. His destination was Vardin, the capital of the newly reconquered world of Korriban. Here would be his first step to the beginning of a new Journey, while also answering some very important questions along the way.

The ship's speaker released a sound that Mazrith assumed to be someone speaking, though the audio was mostly just static. As if on cue the ship shook again, nearly throwing the handful of passengers from their seats. Suddenly the cabin was still before the small ramp at the exit lowered and natural light flooded inside. Mazrith stood as pain flared in his shoulder. His condition seemed to be getting worse than better, perhaps something to do with the nature of the injury. He steeled himself and followed behind the rest of the passengers and out of the craft

Mazrith had brought very little: only a few credits, the clothes he wore, a datapad containing his writings and a simple comlink. He always preferred to live simply and keep only what he needed on him.

The spaceport before him was busy enough, a couple dozen humanoids milled about, going about their business. But to his far right was a vast landscape He looked out past the edges of the city to the mountains of the red world. Flashes and reminders of the dream entered his mind, the mystery surrounding it was getting on Mazrith's nerves. He sighed and looked upwards to the sky.

He wondered if coming here was the right idea, to go to the Temple. Even leaving his self-exile from society could have been considered a mistake. No. He reminded himself. He was on Korriban for a purpose, for something he did not yet understand. All of this self-doubt was beginning to weaken Mazrith's nerves, so he turned to head to the exit of the spaceport and he decided to debate himself.

Is ambition morally good or bad? Naturally Mazrith began by thinking about the basic principle's of life: self preservation, desire and hard work. Would it be so bad to want something better or to achieve something greater. Another part of Mazrith considered the possibility of it being morally bad, as ambition breeds jealousy for those that have what you desire and...

Mazrith stopped his internal conversation as a figure began to approach him. He stopped walking and turned to face her completely. She was clearly not human, not even any common humanoid he knew. His mind raced as he attempted to place her species. She looked to be a sculpture of a human made from a living tree, with bark as skin and vines as hair. He assumed she was of a sentient plant race, what particular one was unknown. She was dressed like any other common citizen of the galaxy, though she still stood out from the rest of the crowds.

The woman stopped to give a small bow, while at the same time saying, "You are new here too."

Mazrith was able to sense that she was connected to the force in some way, so perhaps she was here for similar reasons as himself. He gave a tiny bow, the most he could with his stiff neck. I am indeed. I would normally question such statements, but I think we are both aware of each others general business on this world. I am Mazrith.

She had a spritely voice and friendly enough demeanor, but there was something uncanny about the way she moved and the way her pupil-less eyes focused on him, then seemed to gaze through him.

"Well met @Mazrith, I am A'Mia."

That strange gaze traveled over his form, blue-green eyes appearing to take in far more than just the the physical. Suddenly she blurted out, as if in realization.

"You have been summoned by the darkness as well. Oh! But you are injured…"

She reached out a hand just as suddenly but stopped just short of touching his damaged shoulder, remembering enough social etiquette in time to catch herself. That intense curiosity was now laser focused and he could tell she wanted to examine his old wounds, though again it was decorum which stopped her asking outright.

Characters:
Mazrith was surprised by the demeanor in which A'mia presented herself. This was a stark contrast to the image of a dark and hate-filled Sith world, perhaps it could still be an illusion of friendliness.

Mazrith stood up a hair taller as she approached and was just inches from his shoulder. She acted as if in a trance or as if she had never interacted with anyone before. He waved his hand and calmly stated,
I am indeed wounded, it is something that will perhaps never heal. So I am forced to search for a solution.

Mazrith tapped into his connection of the force and viewed A'mia through it, he felt no impurities in the force. Perhaps a few blockages in her mental state, but she had a strong connection.

He thought for a quick moment and he realized that this would be a prime opportunity for some much needed direction.
I am new to this world and was not summoned by any Lord or Master. Are you to be meeting with a Sith? Or has someone already acquired you as an apprentice?

Mazrith knew that this particular recruit did not have any extensive formal training with the Dark side, so they were in a relatively similar situation. He was also contemplating about what stance to take with her. Would he try to take her as an ally in a frightening new chapter of life? Perhaps, a simple friend, if even that could be helpful for the future. Mazrith also considered that she could be trouble for the future and perhaps revealing himself too much could be a problem. Mazrith decided that he was overthinking it and would take an approach that presented itself.

A'Mia finally blinked and withdrew the unwelcome hand. Noting how he straightened up, she grew a few inches to stand level with him. Her strange botanical makeup allowing the shift to be almost imperceptible to all save for @Mazrith who watched her grow before his very eyes.

"Perhaps I was mistaken," she permitted more quietly.
"You just had that look about you, like you were called here in a dream."

She took a fluid step backward, out of his personal bubble, and folded her hands neatly behind her back. In Mazrith's exploration of her energetic makeup, he would perhaps notice that her mind was cold and highly analytical. Whatever friendly demeanor she might give off was carefully curated, practiced though perhaps rusty. She seemed to be looking him over more carefully now too, reaching out further with her own sense of the force to glean what more she could. A'Mia watched him closely for reactions, face practically blank from emotion as she answered.

"I am to be granted audience, though none yet has claimed me as student. I’ve heard that opportunities abound and can sense the darkness welling up from within Korriban like a spring."

Characters:
Mazrith decided to withhold the dream he had. He suspected A'mia had a similar vison, but was unsure completely. Mazrith suddenly had a realization that she could have probed his own mind, so he focused and allowed his mind to go blank, as if preparing for meditation.

A'mia was very discreetly altering her appearance, height mostly. It was obvious she wanted an even encounter with Mazrith. As she stood there a moment he could sense a overall mask of falsity, Mazrith was now sure that A'mia was putting on an act of friendship. Though this was disappointing, Mazrith was determined to gain something from this meeting.

Mazrith was interested to hear that A'mia had received an audience, with ranking member of the Sith no doubt.
Korriban may never be able to escape the power of the Dark Side, just as I stand here I can feel it radiating from the depths of the world. He waved the thought aside. I am very interested in knowing where you are going to receive such an audience, I may need to attend a similar meeting.
As he finished speaking he felt a small pulse in the force, his eyes locked onto the landscape he had viewed earlier, causing his head to move to the side slightly. He quickly regained his focus on the person he was conversing with, hoping such an action brought little attention. Though he greatly doubted she would have missed it. But even after refocusing and steeling his mind once more, he wondered what was calling him.

She watched as he closed himself off from her, both energetically and emotionally. She had that effect on people, particularly when she was so out of practice. Her head tipped to one side as he spoke, attention rapt, strangely still as she catalogued his words and movements. Part of her thought it would be best to close off from him as well, but she offered one last truthful if guarded answer before entirely abandoning hope of finding relatable ground.

"I'm unsure where I'm being shepherded, but go to swear fealty to the current ruling forces. From there…"

A'Mia shrugged and a small smile animated her face once more. She looked genuinely unconcerned about the uncertainty of her fate.

"From there I will determine my next best move, search for my own 'solution' as you say. I am a fighter and a healer after all, this growing city will put me to work somewhere."

Characters:
The conversation was now becoming more and more tense. Mazrith decided he needed to release some pressure.

Mazrith has always been good at talking to people, even though his interactions were few and far between. He found it easy to put people at ease and even persuade.
I believe that you will find a satisfying position here, and that your talents are put to good use. Healers are always helpful. He said, using his most encouraging voice possible.

Only a few moments after his statement he got the sudden urge to ask a question. While shifting foward slightly, so that he had taken a step closer to A'mia, he spoke.
I want to ask you a bit about Sith beliefs. He stopped and took a quick breath, which made a metallic sound through his mask. Apologies, but I study traditions, religious beliefs and the philosophy of various groups, and I am simply curious to hear your opinion.

His paused for only a split second, allowing the question to form in his mind. Do you believe that warfare and blood is a natural characteristic of the Dark Side or simply a reaction to the resistance of the light? And on the same note, would you find it better if the Sith tried harder to limit unnecessary bloodshed or does it not matter?

Mazrith was greatly curious of how A'mia would respond. He was almots worried that she would not care about the questions presented. After all she seemed to care little about what was going to become of her in the coming days.

A'Mia noted the upturn of his voice along with the selection of "kind" words and mused that this tact was likely meant to convey friendliness. She stored the information away for later when she could brush up on her social etiquette. Then suddenly the man seemed overrun with philosophical fervor and his intense curiosity piqued hers. She leaned in a bit to match him, hands still folded behind her, eyes wide as she listened.

"I cannot speak to Sith ideology with any expertise, and I am not inclined toward faith of any doctrine. But the workings of sentient minds and discourse about morality fascinate me, as they seem to draw you!"

She rocked back on her heels, suddenly thoughtful and gazing off in the direction her new acquaintance had briefly looked toward. It took A'Mia a few moments to gather her words as she began answering his questions.

"Bloodshed and warfare is as much the domain of darkness as it is light, don't you think? Both sides of the force have warriors ready to defend their specific viewpoint on the Force. Jedi are willing to kill too, though they tend to be more withholding of violence specifically. More to think on about that, but I suppose in lieu of and immediate answer I ask you in return: would Sith be Sith if they limited themselves the way that others do?"

She looked away from the horizon to gaze keenly at him again, her form rippling slightly like a thousand leaves gently rustled by the wind.

"I also wonder how you might define ’natural’ given that we live in such a technological, sometimes even mystical world. It is natural for the Wampa to hunt the Tauntaun, but the Tauntaun seems to take issue with it all the same. So when we discuss ’nature’, ought we to attach a moral code?"

Characters:
When A'mia finished talking, Mazrith felt another surge of excitement for such a conversation. Nature is both everything and nothing, it depends on how you view everything. Nature in my opinion is simply existence itself and even fate itself could fall under nature. He paused for a brief second, before continuing with more clarity. Morality is simply a decision, a decision that one may make and their choice is their fate.

Mazrith had the feeling that A'mia had an opposite view or at least was neutral in this topic, but was taking a skeptical leaning to what he had to say. Though he hardly cared, telling anyone what he had held in for so long was a tremendous relief.

If the Sith are just bloodshed, then I have made a terrible mistake. To me the Sith are the followers of the Dark Side and they use of raw emotions. Those that are totally consumed by it are no more than animals controlled by by the darkness. I can envision a way to use the Dark Side and focus it, rather than letting it consume you.

It was at this point that Mazrith began to lose his relaxed and diplomatic tone, he became more and more caught up in his excited explanations that he began to lose focus. Mazrith began to use body to emphasize important parts of his rant, passing back and forth in front of A'mia

Killing is such a shallow characteristic of the Sith and a result of the consumed nature. Its this exact issue that brought me here, I firmly believe that whatever summoned me must have been referring to these beliefs I hold. If the Sith disagree with me then I will truly understand what problems plague this place. I am here to find others that believe in what I do. That is why I am here.
Mazrith caught himself, realizing that he had gotten of track. He stopped pacing and approached A'mia once again. Do you understand what I am talking about?

The Neti woman trailed his movements with fascinated eyes and listened keenly. There was an uptick in her interest as he acknowledged that he was in fact summoned here but she did her best to play it cool. Her hands moved from behind her back as he finished his thoughts and she gestured wide to draw attention to their surroundings. The hustle and bustle of industry which indicated a populace which grew by the day if not the hour.

"Clearly the Sith are not 'just bloodshed' given all that can be accomplished via their ideology, given the way their presence in a place transforms it."

Her brow raised as she continued to work through what he had shared, attempting to address each of his points. Attention to detail was one of the only ways she truly understood how to show care. A'Mia's highly analytical mind was not well suited for processing emotion but she certainly had a knack for pulling apart details, turning even the simplest of things into a set of complicated schematics.

"As for what you say, about those too consumed by the darkness being 'animals' who are just controlled by it. I wonder, would you call a bliss chasing Jedi the same thing? Someone so consumed by a vision of utopia, of nothing but light, that they cannot face the reality of a messy world? Would they be animals too?"

She shook her head and closed her eyes a moment, not to disagree with anything but more to clear her mind. When her eyes reopened she focused intently on him and placed her palms out flat in front of her as if to come back to the present moment and pass the topic back to him.

"All that aside, you say you have an idea. A way to focus the energy. What is it, and how do you feel it might differ from techniques brought forth by acolytes and masters who have walked this path before you?"

Last edited:

Characters:

A'mia was proving to be a fine conversation partner. It was a relief for Mazrith to not be in a discussion by himself.

He wanted to comment on her first question, finally the Jedi had been referenced. If the Sith are an animal blind with blood-thirst and rage, the Jedi are blinded by themselves. Their arrogance and belief in their own superiority is an ultimate weakness. The Jedi themselves are the protectors of peace, which is a filthy lie. They even fight for a democratic government that is weak, and they know it. But they could hardly care about any of that.

A'mia was trying to clear her mind, he could sense that. She made a gesture and spoke again. What she said was a fair and interesting point. Was anything he thought different. He had read of similar things. But he was unsure of any such groups existing here.

Perhaps his calling here was to uncover and then learn the teachings that A'mia spoke of. Maybe it was for something new, time would ultimately tell.

I am here now and I must learn all I can. For now my beliefs are my own, though I can hope that others will see it. We as users of the Dark must grow and adapt. If you would like, when I am done with my writing I can send you a copy. I would be honored if you would read it.

The Neti woman continued to listen carefully, her interest in his fervor causing her to go very still again and watch unblinking. At the mention of reading his work, at his desire to share, she finally did blink and a smile grew on her face. She produced a datapad and offered it out to him with a mirrored excitement.

"Yes! I was thinking perhaps we might exchange information."

She thought carefully how next to phrase her next statement, still cautious about sharing too much.

"I have been avidly reading recent histories since I acquired this new device and will gladly read your work. Perhaps I might be able to share some of my studies with you as well."

Her ear, long and leaf like, quirked a bit as if she heard something in the distance to indicate their time might be growing to an end.

Characters:
Mazrith took the offered datapad. Thank you, I will make sure to send you my completed writings.

As she paused a moment and continued, Mazrith was now completely pleased with this overall interaction. A fine interaction with an ambitious and young student of the force. He could relate greatly to her and was very interested in the discussions with her. He hoped that in the future he could share such an experience again.

That sounds great, I will be awaiting such writings.

Then like a small whisper, a ripple in the force reached them and he knew that time was up. Something was calling out from across the world. A summons, it was not directed at him, but at his conversation partner. He looked out at the landscape and city nearby, before again facing A'mia. He was slightly disappointed by such an interruption, but he needed to continue onwards anyways.

It seems that our time has come to an end. It has been a pleasure speaking with you and sharing our individual knowledge. May our paths cross again.

After Mazrith Drihl Mazrith Drihl entered his information into the datapad, she accepted it back with a little bow. Her expression was bright and her eyes keen.

We will meet again. Our paths are intertwined now!

With that, she turned away and strode gracefully in the direction of that tug in the force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom