Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning a rp

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Influence the underworld of Nal Hutta. It's traditionally and canonically our homeworld. We should retake our assets there.

Also, we need more of a stable security force. I hesitate to use the phrase "standing army", but we could use a small, private military. Perhaps a small, private fleet as well. Maybe plan it out? We don't have enough financial backing as a Cartel just yet to warrant large purchases, but we can at least hash things out.

I'll probably have more ideas later tonight or tomorrow after I've slept a bit.

@[member="Gajjulla the Hutt"]

Jaddoe the Hutt

J
We have shock troops, at least with my legion. If we can get more troops, then let's do so. As far as what to do, let's act on whatever @[member="Popo"] managed to work out with other factions.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
For which? Nal Hutta or Nar Shaddaa? Honestly, I can handle Nar Shaddaa on my own if you guys want to snag Nal Hutta. I can help with Nal Hutta, too, though. OOC'ly, I'm a weeee bit more active than the others and can handle the extra thread to help out the faction. IC'ly, Popo would want to exert as much of his own IC control over Nar Shaddaa as he can through politicking and business. Essentially, he's being a Hutt lol

I did PM about Nal Hutta, though. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Gajjulla the Hutt

G
Nal Hutta would be good, but just the underground and I would like to do a thread were we secretly take over the underground
@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Oh, that's a given. It's not like the Republic is just handing us the underworld or anything. What we need to do is do the politicking thing, play nice, and agree to be good little Hutts and pay our taxes and follow the laws and stay out of trouble. Then, when they leave while we wave heartfelt goodbyes, we promptly grab the underworld by the short hair and make it do what we want.

Secret is the name. Ruthless is the game.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I'm waiting on a PM about Nal Hutta. Nar Shaddaa was offered OOC'ly to take over their underworld, provided we can do it. Here's the plan.

I own the Tenloss Corporation based off of the Vergesso Asteroids, the Wheel, and Nar Shaddaa. I figure I can get the Republic to allow me free reign with the company there in return for supplying them with weapons, armor, and ships. I'm okay with that as it's more profit for Tenloss, Popo, and the Cartel in that order. Using that, I can get a hold of a larger chunk of the planet's industry and economy.

Now, change tact and we're looking at the political aspect of things. Nar Shaddaa is traditionally and canonically a Hutt planet. It's also a hive of scum and villainy blah blah blah. I push the point that only a Hutt can effectively run a historically Hutt held planet and point out that with us helping to run the planet, not actually running the planet ourselves, we can do a lot to keep things in check. We're helping and not accepting Senator positions, which was offered to me, for two reasons. One, technically that would ally a Hutt, and therefore the Cartel, solidly with the Republic which puts us in jeopardy with the Republic's enemies. Second, it would draw more attention to whichever Hutt takes control and, again, more scrutiny to the Cartel. That means we can't be quite as wide ranging as we'd like.

However, operating on an adviser type role for the Republic Senator of Nar Shaddaa allows us to take control of the underworld, quietly push our policies and agenda past the Republic, and advance our assets through Popo's Corporation. We'd also be able to operate under the Republic's radar.

Officially, Nar Shaddaa would be under Republic control as per the galactic map. For all intents and purposes, however, when it comes to Nar Shaddaa in a practical sense, the Republic is wearing dancing shoes and we're holding the bloody pipe.

(OOC'ly that is. IC'ly, if this goes off, Popo would be the Crime Lord on Nar Shaddaa.)

Gajjulla the Hutt

G
That I agree with Popo, I understand your company needs to expand and so does the Cartel, infact I feel as though I should promote you IC'ly because you work so hard and you are active.
@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I'll let you make that call.

As for Nal Hutta, depending on what the reply is, we can do one of two things: Economy or Politicking.

Economically, Hutts bring a lot of revenue to any planet they own. Granted, the majority of the profit is for themselves, but they employ lots and lots of people. The Republic wants more planetary economic powerhouses. If we can push that on the table, they're sure to bite. I can contribute Popo and the Tenloss Corporation, but not in the same scale as Nar Shaddaa. Reason being, I don't want to get too powerful, too quickly within the Cartel. Power is great IC'ly, but too quickly and you can't shore up your foundations as fast as you build upwards. I suggest we offer to "eliminate" some Black Sun piracy or general black marketeers on the planet. Why? Edge out the competition.

We nudge Black Sun to go elsewhere and take over, but offer them a cut of the deal. We operate our own pirates on the fringes. Unfortunately, it's not as profitable that far out. Fortunately, after enough buildup, we can push our competition to use those specific routes which means we can both kill competitor companies off and make a tidy little profit off their misfortune. As for the black marketeers we force out, again, it's just removing the competition. We make them offers they can't refuse. Join the Cartel... or else. Those that don't, well, killing the competition just got a bit more literal. They join up, we get more long term profit and a pre-existing clientele base.

Politically, same as Nar Shaddaa. We push that only Hutts can effectively manage a Hutt world. Not run. Not lead. We push management. For the same reasons as Nar Shaddaa. We don't want to ally solidly with the Republic and we want to stay under the radar.

Gajjulla the Hutt

G
I personally think Politicking would get us father, but it is you using the pm, as for the power thing, I am also starting a company soon to provide the Cartel with more funds but I agree, we shouldn't try and get to powerful to quickly, as for your business I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't reflect on the cartel.
@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Works for me. More Hutts owning companies, or even just having a "stable" or two of on call Bounty Hunters would work well. Actually. That's not a bad idea.

*Goes off to figure out who heads up the Bounty Hunter Guild and PM them*

Gajjulla the Hutt

G
It would just be a one or two tier company, anyway a alliance with the bounty hunters guild would be good.
@[member="Popo"]

Gajjulla the Hutt

G
Can you add me to the pm thingie? I wanna help with some business deals
@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Okay, so, two things to update on. The Republic doesn't own Nal Hutta. The Black Suns do. I'm talking with the OOC owner on Skype about it (turns out its a guy I know from way back. Small world) and he's game for us exerting some influence. Now, he wants "rent" from us, which I'll get hashed out soon. Mostly, I'll find out soon then negotiate it lower.

As for the Bounty Hunter's Guild, the owner hasn't been on since December, so I left a message on their Bounty Board to see if they can get in contact with me. If they can't get back to me in a week or so, I say we start talking to the Mandalorians. We've got one or two working for us, why not more? lol They like money and trinkets, I say if they're game for it, we give it to them. Maybe discreetly use the Mandalorians as proxies to weaken planets or even faction borders to allow us in to the black markets there.

So far, we're expanding into Republic and Black Sun space. Once we consolidate our holds there, I say we look at expanding to the galactic North and North West. Work on getting footholds in Mandalorian and Sith territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom