Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet/Territory Control?

Greetings,

I've stumbled upon a list of wonderful places in the Galaxy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twenty_Wonders_of_the_Galaxy and I was wondering if someone could let me know who owns the planets/territories? I've had a look at the Galaxy Map, but it's quite confusing and and overwhelming for a new member. I'll list the worlds below to make it easier!

Any help is much appreciated. Please & thank you!

• Coruscant (One Sith)
  • Aargau
  • Axum
  • Shawken
  • Perlemian Trade Route
  • Duro (Omega Protectorate)
  • Obroa-skai (Mandalorian)
  • Desevro
  • Manda
  • Tomo-Reth
  • Makem Te
  • Oligtaz
  • Nuswatta
  • Berchest
  • Phateem
  • Vortex
  • Alsakan
  • Nespis VIII (Republic)

That is not what he was asking, [member="Solia Tala"], but your willingness to be of assistance is noted.

[member="Gabriel Vestex"] - The best way to find where something is... or where something should be on the map is to...
  • Use the grid coordinates given on the Wookieepedia page for the planet, in conjunction with THIS map. Pay attention to the regions as well (Deep Core, Core, Colonies, Inner Rim, Expansion Region, Mid Rim, Outer Rim, Unknown Regions, Wild Space, etc...)
  • Find the square it should be in, look at what's near, or somewhat close to, then find that same area on the Chaos map. The planet you're seeking will either be on the map in that area, or not on the map. Be aware that our map is not exact to the grid map, but the approximations suffice.
  • If it's a planet not on the map and you want it on the map, then you go to this thread and request it with the appropriate template, in its FULL form. This is no guarantee that the planet you wish to have added to the map will be added, but you never know until you ask.
  • Consider that it's best that a planet is on the map before you do things to it/on it.
Now that I have that out of the way, here's a breakdown of where those planets should be:
  • Coruscant - On map. Currently in the hands of the One Sith.
  • Aargau - On map. Republic.
  • Axum - Not on map. Likely either a Republic or One Sith world.
  • Shawken - Not on map. Somewhere near Brentaal and Anaxes. Likely either a Republic or One Sith world.
  • Perlemian Trade Route - On map. Runs through Republic and Mandalorian space. Look hard! It's labeled and shouldn't be hard to find.
  • Duro - On map. This is an Omega Protectorate world.
  • Obroa-skai - On map. This is a Mandalorian world.
  • Desevro - Not on map. Should be slightly northeast of Ossus. Likely Republic/Unaligned.
  • Manda - On map. Is an ASA/ACA world.
  • Tomo-Reth - Not on map. Likely an Omega Protectorate word.
  • Makem Te - On map. Unaligned. Situated between Republic and SJO space.
  • Oligtaz - Not on map. Near Botor/Lujo. Likely a Republic/Lords of the Fringe world.
  • Nuswatta - Not on map. Near Ossus and Lianna. Likely Republic/Unaligned.
  • Berchest - Not on map. Near Obroa-skai. Likely Mandalorian/Republic.
  • Phateem - Not on map. Near Obroa-skai. Likely Mandalorian/Republic.
  • Vortex - On map. Is a Republic world.
  • Alsakan - Not on map. Approximately somewhere between Anaxes (Republic capital) and Coruscant (OS capital). Therefore a Republic/OS world.
  • Nespis VIII - On map. Is a Republic world.
I'm certain that my results are largely correct. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!

I agree! The map is quite confusing, we need to have one faction engulf them all, yes?

Jk.

Though I'm curious why you are interested in that spread of celestial wonders?

• Coruscant: One Sith
  • Aargau: Could not locate, though it is indicated that it is a core world, so it is likely Republic owned, but if not look to the Omega Protectorate, or the Lords of the Fringe. There is a possibility it may not be listed, and may require you to request it be added to the map.
  • Axum: Same result as Aargua, core worlds, possibly Rep, OP, or LotF.
  • Shawken: Same results as Aargau and Axum, you must understand that there are a LOT of planets in the core, many will most likely have been omitted.
  • Perlemian Trade Route: It runs through two factions, but most primarily the Republic, with the Mandalorians laying claim to some of its expanse. If you look at the Roche Asteroids (the site of a famous battle on this site) you can see the divide between the Republic owned side, and the Mando owned side, though once it approaches Silver Jedi Territory the Republic owns it again. Take notice however that there are small gaps of unclaimed neutral space.
  • Duro: The Omega Protectorate
  • Obroa-skai: Mandalorian
  • Desevro: Appears to be missing, but could be in Republic, or Silver Jedi territory, or unclaimed.
  • Manda:
  • Tomo-Reth
  • Makem Te
  • Oligtaz
  • Nuswatta
  • Berchest
  • Phateem
  • Vortex
  • Alsakan
  • Nespis VIII: Republic

It appears I was beaten to the punch by [member="Lucianus Adair"]! Oh well, what he said! :p

[member="Solia Tala"] | [member="[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/6520-vhrendai-embersky/"]Vhrendai Embersky[/URL]"] Thank you both for your responses.

[member="Lucianus Adair"] That's tremendously helpful, thank you so much. You're a true hero!

[member="Fatty"] Thanks a lot, even if you were beat haha I really appreciate your willingness to help. I'm particularly interested in these wonders as I have a story going with [member="Lara Straife"] and it gives us a starting point for places to go and develop our characters.

Thanks again, everyone. People on this forum are amazing.

Lara Zambrano

The Lost Princess.
Gabriel Vestex said:
[member="Solia Tala"] | [member="Vhendrai Embersky"] Thank you both for your responses.

[member="Lucianus Adair"] Thats tremendously helpful, thank you so much. You're a true hero!

[member="Fatty"] Thanks a lot, even if you were beat haha I really appreciate your willingness to help. I'm particularly interested in these wonders as I have a story going with [member="Lara Straife"] and it gives us a starting point for places to go and develop our characters.

Thanks again, everyone. People on this forum are amazing.
Yep! Lara is going to persuade Gabriel that seeing these 20 wonders will mean an awesome adventure which she has wanted for as long as she can remember! Our goal is to involve and roleplay with others as much as possible during it and maybe get in some trouble on the way ;)[member="Fatty"]

Oh my bad, I didn't notice that bit.

still most of the planets are on there and in factions shown.

I do wonder why we don't use a grid format to make it easier when checking wookieepedia.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
That, and a galaxy isn't a flat plane. The Essential Atlas map looks straight down at the galaxy; the Chaos map is closer to an isometric projection. That means exact grid equivalency isn't possible: some worlds will just plain be in different places from different perspectives, sometimes radically different. The galaxy is fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom