Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pieces of the People We Love

Oh no. Amea frowned at the answer to her question and looked away at whatever it was that seemed to have caught Rekha’s attention. The idea of not finding the strength to go back was all too familiar. While she had the strength to find her own family she never had the strength to go places that reminded her too much of just about everything else. Memories were fickle little shits like that.

Still, with the ‘divine’ joke Amea would let a small smile tug at the side of her lips.

“No doubt about that, mortal.” She simply said and laughed at her own joke.

“I appreciate this.” She said and looked over at Rekha again. “It’s a lot to process, a lot of fresh blood pouring from an old wound so to speak, but… Talk is good.”

Her nose burst with air.

“Thank you, Rekha.”

Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde

"Yes we mortals" She smiled.

"I don't mind talk Kaili it's a cleansing of the soul in some ways. Other time its more like a dagger than anything else. But it is always a relief" She kept smiling "Do you still want to climb to the top of the comms tower or shall we keep walking. There's a thranta station over there. We can pet the thranta." She wouldn't make anyone ride one this time.

But she loved thranta they were so gentle, soft and unassuming. "Unless you want to ride?"

Amea Virou Amea Virou

A slow exhale blew through Amea’s nose as she nodded along with what Rekha was saying. Yes, talk was good but it also tore things up inside. This ‘dagger’ was not something she felt particularly keen on exposing herself to. To vividly remember that day had been painful enough. To discuss it would be… Worse. Still, Amea would try.

As for the thranta, well…

“I was always the one the pets never liked.” She said and rubbed at the back of her neck. Droids were easier to deal with, but they had also been created to be that way, so… “Really, it depends on what you prefer. The comms tower is bound to have some form of information we could ‘borrow’ from it, but the thranta seem to be on your mind.”

“... Not sure I want to ride one just yet, though.” Amea said and laughed at herself.

"Oh riding is something to enjoy if you aren't up to it then it can be for another time. But yes I would like to go see them since we are near. I feel like because they are so gentle that they make easy targets for abuse. I have appointed myself the guardian of thranta on Bespin."

She pointed to a direction ath that would lead towards them, "Comms' tower will always have great gems of knowledge or vistas to be seen anytime." It was true the City was unique and it offered stunning skylines, just don't look down. Down...ooo could be a big splat if not careful.

"It takes courage to come to a place that offers reminders of sadness." Why she said it she wasn't sure they had pretty much already decided some of this. She smiled though maybe it was that fix it gene acting up again.

"I'm not sure what else there is anymore. I thought my life would be different...but it just seems to be always changing. Ya know."

Amea Virou Amea Virou

Self-assigned guardianship was a familiar concept though. Amea considered herself a ‘Warden of Knowledge’, even if that was mostly an excuse for her to make sense of her fascination with dusty old tombs and punching pirates in the face.

And yet, that small smile tugged on Amea yet again as she looked at Rekha.

“Not sure this was courage as much as something that was forced on me. A ship in need of repairs usually remains a ship in need of repairs until otherwise changed.” She said and let out a chuckle mixed with a sigh. “And you are right. Life changes too much, too fast.”

“It’s just made worse by the fact that I have never been one to have a plan, I think.” She said and looked out at the clouds beyond their path. “Just swayed back and forth with whatever river will carry me. Not giving a chit about whether or not I end up somewhere worse or not, only that I ended up somewhere.”

“Has worked for most of my life, but given where I am now… Maybe not.”

Rekha laughed now, "You could have stayed on the ship, in the space port instead you came out knowing what this place held. You made a choice cupcake, deal with your courage." She winked at her then.

She nodded understanding what she was referring to about plans, taking it as it comes, and finally finding a place that maybe it wasn't so bad at this moment.

"I get it." Up ahead the sign flashed off and on, THRANTA RIDES. "Visitors they...want a thrill riding thranta give them that." She half smiled, "i met someone riding a thranta, it didn't last long....I think." She let out a sigh then. "I am going to tell you something that no one knows at all. Why cause I think you'll get it."

"I was
" She looked over at Kaili, "I was so in love once I couldn't see straight. But we got separated and he's disappeared again as is his way." Her head tilted slightly as if in pain as she worked through the hurt, "I don't think I can love that hard again and risk...it all. Know what I mean?" For some reason Rekha felt safe with Kaili just talking about things and may this walk and talk would help them both with something.

Amea Virou Amea Virou

Deal with her courage. Amea looked up at Rekha, her mouth pushing to the side and her brows raising to question the idea. There was some sense of truth to it maybe, Amea wasn’t one to notice her own strengths most of the time.

As Rekha told her story Amea would listen, and as the story wrapped she would nod her head.

“I gave my all for her.” She said and slowly closed her eyes to hold herself back. “I also wanted something more stable, but she needed that life. Flying, adrenaline, a sense of purpose in what she was doing.”

Thinking about it was enough to make her stop to grasp at her head as if to stop the train of thoughts from coming out. “We had fights about it, but we always swept it under the rug. Occupied each other physically when words couldn’t as if it would make it go away.”

“And I miss that, more than anything.” She said and looked up at Rekha. “The proximity, knowing that I have someone close by to talk to about anything. Someone that takes care of me just as I take care of them. Yet no matter how many times I try to find someone to talk to, I keep fucking it up, I keep building walls that end everything before it even begins..”

“And the few times I’ve managed to get someone through I just feel… Empty. Like it didn't matter.”

There it was that binding truth that thing that Rekha felt within her why she felt safe with Kaili. She did get it all too well. Rekha thought about Jon just then the way he made her feel the way he had drawn her into his circle and protected her when she needed it, when she wanted it.

She stood there with Kaili Rekha reached over and put a comforting hand on Kaili's shoulder letting her say what she needed knowing how letting out a pent up emotion could reduce someone to be on their knees with a few words. She nodded she understood every word.

She then did something she had not considered she tried to draw Kaili into a hug to let her know she wasn't alone. Even though a hundred other hearts could have been broken in the very same way in these few moments it was only them sharing their hurt seeking understanding and some kind of comfort, least she hoped she was doing the right thing.

The words kinda balled up in her mouth afraid she'd say the wrong thing, "it matters Kaili at that very least it matters" In these few moments all Rekha wanted to was make sure Kaili understood she was someone, she mattered, and the kark with the rest of them if they didn't see it.

Amea Virou Amea Virou

Amea swallowed. No, Kaili swallowed. Her face burrowed into Rekha’s shoulder as she pulled the girl closer, and in that instant she felt an ever familiar pain spread across her chest. Her arms peered out from under Rekha to wrap around her shoulders and get herself a stable footing in reality again. When the lines had been crossed so many times over it was pointless to stay in the role of Amea anymore.

“I…” Kaili said and lingered within Rekha’s arms, her own arms reaching up to return the hug. “There was a woman at the club. Made me forget where I was for a moment.”

The girl let go of her friend, yet her attention lingered on the ground before her. A vague smile was there, it lasted for a very short moment before it was gone again.

“It was probably nothing, but it was…” Kaili let in a deep breath and sighed. “It was nice.”

“And you… You know that you matter too.” She said and finally looked up at Rekha. “To me, at least. You are a good person, Rekha.”

It was a moment that Rekha would treasure for a few moments she remembered that it was alright to give a piece of yourself. Taili didn't stop on it or dismiss any of it.

"She made you forget huh..." Rekha looked at her friend, "Than cupcake you need to go back there and find her. Cause Kaili if there is one thing I have learned its that moments like that don't come too often." Rekha winked at her, put her hands on Kaili shoulders turned her around, then leaned down, "Go find that girl Kaili and find out what it means to forget for a while. I'll be around if you want to talk"

Rekha stood up straight, "I'm here if you need me" She would be for they had that moment where they shared the same things. It was precious and she felt neither of them would dismiss it casually.

Kaili Talith Kaili Talith

Didn’t feel right to just leave Rekha behind to go chase after the traces of someone that Kaili had never met before or even knew anything about. But Rekha made the decision for her. With the gentle grasp on her shoulder Kaili found herself turned around facing the way they had come from. It was intimidating to consider where this choice could go. Nowhere, most likely, but Kaili wouldn’t find out until she tried to go for it.

Her shoulders rose,

And then they sunk.

And then they rose and sunk yet again.

“Okay, I can do this.” She said and nodded to herself. She swallowed the nerves and the hesitation.

And yet she turned right back to Rekha to give her another tight squeeze of a hug before she ran off towards the club again. “See you later, Rekha!”

“Don’t wait up!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom