Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Picking up the Pieces

VGOKCXV.png

Silence filled the airlock as the ship descended through atmo. Aradia had lost sense of time and place. Were they relocating artifacts from Bastion or Voss? Or were they from Bastion and had to be moved again from Dantioone? Her throat grew thick, the Empire feeling as if it was dissolving out from under her.

Her fingers tightened on the wall straps, the acolyte holding herself steady against the return of gravity. The cargo she had been assigned to shift stood in boxes before her. It outside was nondescript, locking away the secrets of the contents within. It was not unlike, she noted, the face of the other acolyte leaning across the other wall. Aradia swallowed past the lump in her throat and surveyed Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 'a features, striving to gleam of a bit of the girl behind the quiet.

It was a bad idea, trying to make nice with those around her. She had already experienced the consequence of forging connections with her peers. Kaalia would call it foolish. Focus on yourself. Her lips parted anyways, the girl unable to help herself.

"I hope they give us lunch," came the clear icebreaker, an olive branch extended to the stranger.

Aradia half didn't expect her to take it, her attention already shifting to the data pad embedded into the wall.

Landing in 2.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:

eLNFpmq.png

This wasn't where she wanted to be at all. After everything that had happened on Dantooine, she didn't want to be on some shuttle babysitting cargo. If her master hadn't told her to, she would of denied anyone's request. Having the Graug, their allies. Fellow Sith. Turn on her and the others, having to fight them instead of the true enemy. The fact she had to face down those monsters. Her body was full of fear and tension. Alina couldn't sit down and idly wait.

She'd break down before they made it to wherever they were going.

So she stood, leaning against the wall of the cargo hold, arms crossed. Her hands clenched tightly into fists, the kind that had her nails biting into her palm. It was keeping her focused. Aware. No, not at all. It was keeping her distracting from the feeling of hopelessness and weakness that had been brought about in the earlier battle.

Her eyes glanced over to Darth Daiara Darth Daiara as she spoke. Right, there was another here. She didn't know this acolyte, though she didn't know many to begin with. "Lunch?" The other woman could eat? She shook her head, a grim smile forming. "I can't eat, not after that." The olive branch didn't go unnoticed. It was an unspoken rule to keep your guard up around other Sith, but talking was a better distraction than brooding.

".. Unless it's something good. Like a steak."

Last edited:

VGOKCXV.png

"I like steak," came the simple exchange, her eyes following their deceleration on the holopad.

She glanced sideways, catching the girl's pinched features.

"..."

She looked back to the pad, her gaze boring into it intently. Don't do it Aradia. Mind your own bees-

"There's a time and place for fear," she commented, the girl's anxiety washing off her in waves. She didn't blame her for it, she felt it too. Kaalia had just taught her something a little different.

"If you let it get to you now, it'll control you."

It was a presumptuous statement, made off of one observation on a stranger she knew nothing about. Aradia dished Kaalia's training out like she was a Sith Lord herself. She didn't even think about the implications, it just felt good to know something. That and she didn't want to see the girl hurt.

Kaalia had taught her to be pragmatic, not cruel.

She bit skin off the edge of a split lip, not looking up this time for Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 's reaction.

eLNFpmq.png

For a moment, she smiled. Yeah. Steak was good. That was a good thing to think about. Something to distract her from the overwhelming anxiety she felt. Even in the momentary silence she felt at ease. All that came crashing down as Darth Daiara Darth Daiara brought up the fear that was radiating. Alina shrunk inward, her gaze narrowing. Fear quickly turned to hate. Not at the other acolyte, but herself for feeling this week. this useless.

".. Right."

It was all she could bring herself to say. She closed off pretty quickly, not wanting to dive into that subject anymore than it had been. Or, maybe it wasn't. Her yellow gaze fell back to the other woman, watching her for a moment. "How?" It's not like it could get any worse. They were alone for the moment, and if Aradia wanted to scoff and look down at this request for help, she'd still be just as alone and afraid.

Last edited:

VGOKCXV.png
"There's a difference between a Sith and a slave to the darkside," Aradia regurgitated, almost monotone. "Our emotions fuel us, but its like fire--"

Her fingers pressed into the puckering scars on her mid section, echoes of Bastion returning to her. She had never felt as strong and as lost as she had in that moment. Surviving that day had cost her more than she was ready to admit, but she had done so. She was alive while all her peers were dead. She knew fear. She knew Alina's anger.

"You have to control it, or it will consume you." It was unclear who she was speaking to now. A nerve had clearly been struck. She turned her head, her gaze boring onto the girl. Her own rage burned beyond those swirling blue orbs, her pain and grief contained behind the glassy sheen. There was steel to her- a sense of meticulous exaction in every word she delivered.

"And then we'll never ascend."

And what a shame that would be, to lose another peer to this thoughtless war.

Her knees buckled as they touched down, the full pull of gravity returning to them. She let silence descend upon the space, her own thoughts running wild as the impromptu topic sent her spinning out into dangerous territory. She wasn't suppose to be obsessing over this. Time and place.

"Try to eat with me?" Came the final olive branch. She wasn't going to break her back for others.

Last edited:

eLNFpmq.png

Alina listened in silence, her gaze drifting out to the window close by. They were landing now. Whatever conversation this was would be over in just a few short minutes. And what Darth Daiara Darth Daiara was saying made sense. Or at least, that's what she hoped. But controlling her hate and frustration was far easier said than done. She still couldn't control the Force, so what was the point?

No, giving up so easily would mean her mother would win.

She gripped the handrail as they touched down, using that to keep her steady. "Y'know.. Yeah. Why not." The young let out an exhausted sigh and chanced a smile to the other. "I'm Alina."

VGOKCXV.png

Tension released in her gut, her lips fluttering into a smile to mirror Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 's. "Aradia," was all she said, the doors raising to the outside world. Aradia squinted against the sunlight reflecting off the tarmac, the wash of fresh air leaving her feeling lighter. "Let's get this over with."

She released the wall grip and moved for the cargo, her movements fluid as paced for Alina's help. She was too small to lift them on her own, but she didn't seem to struggle with the weight. She braced her knees as they went down the ramp together, a cart already waiting.

"Did your Master send you here?"
She probed, feeling the girl out. Not every acolyte had one, it was a sign of advancement that most would be proud of. Aradia often flaunted hers with new faces, the early dynamics for new Acolytes determining everything for how well you'll get to sleep at night.

She did not repeat this pattern with Alina, instead gleaming answers through roundabout inquires.

370d9lz.png

It was good to breath fresh air again. Between the Graug infested caverns and the Sith Tombs, she'd come to miss it. Alina zoned right out, forgetting the task until Darth Daiara Darth Daiara spoke up about getting it done. She cleared her throat before moving over to help. Likewise, she had no issue with the boxes. Physical labor was her only real skill at the moment.

The young acolyte wasn't aware of many of the usual customs for new Acolytes. Her 'training' was in home with her family, though it certainly didn't count. There was a nod to the question, her yellow gaze drifting to her companion before back to the cart to lower the box down. "Darth Arcanix. Or.. Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . I'm not sure which name she prefers to be used yet." Idle musings as she turned to get the next box.

"Some of these artifacts she wants to study. Once we get them indoors she expects me to find them and bring them to her." A pause as Alina glanced to the other woman.

"What about you?"

VGOKCXV.png

"Darth Avacyn,"
Aradia reported, listed one of the 3 pillars of the Empire. Or rather, they were. Ever since the fall of Bastion Aradia had lost sense of where the governance was going within itself. She heard things were changing.

She also knew her master had turned in her postion of power.

No one can escape change. Not even me. This household is my responsibility now. It was time.

And yet Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos 's move still left Aradia baffled. Her expression faltered, this confliction showing. Would they have less power amongst the community now? Would this girl know? Would she scoff at her? Kaalia's accomplishments were numerous. Aradia was proud of what it meant to be chosen to walk in her stead.

But stepping back felt a lot like looking away, and that was not something Aradia was capable of doing in this war anymore.

Aradia cleared her throat of these emotions, turning the topic back. "When I call mine Mistress she twitches. Just right here." Aradia pointed to the corner of her eyes, were emotions lie in wait.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"The Lady of Defiance." She muttered the title to herself after a moment to think on who Darth Avacyn was. She certainly did know the name. The Sith who made the Valkyries was not one to be forgotten. Or mocked. Alina knew little of the politics of the Empire as it was. Her mother did not want to involve her in such things, incase the young acolyte proved she was actually good at it.

She glanced up as Darth Daiara Darth Daiara cleared her throat, blinking in surprise. "When you call her Mistress? Weird. Why would she twitch?"

VGOKCXV.png
Aradia grinned a little, unabashed.

"She bought me from slavery. I don't think she likes it very much," she noted, confessing the poorly veiled secret. "She is my master. I chose it. I chose... her. I don't want to call her anything different, but..." She shrugged, lifting up the last box and waiting for Alina to adjust herself and head down in sync.

"I think she feels it holds me back."

Aradia disagreed. She was free now. Her choice was her own and that was what made her allegiance so powerful. She was proud to be under Kaalia. She had no desire she see the woman any other way.

The choice didn't make her weak. The attachment made her stronger. She was sure of it. Lately she had given this concept great thought. Being away from your home did that.

She lowered the crate onto the stack, flexing her sore hands as they found themselves free of the task. "Do you like yours?"

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

An ex slave freed by a Sith? Alina could very easily understand why Darth Daiara Darth Daiara 's master would not like to be called such a title. Or at least, if the Sith Lord wasn't a fan of slavery. She bent down with the other to help lift up the next box, blinking in surprise. The master felt like she would be holding the apprentice back? She couldn't help but smile. "It sounds like you have a good master." A kind one. Sith lessons were never the easiest or gentle, but having a Lord who wanted you to advance must be such a welcoming experience.

Alina dusted off her hands for a moment as she glanced back to the ship. Just a couple more boxes of this stuff, then it's back to the academy. The question made her blink though. "I.. Don't know. I haven't been with her long."

VGOKCXV.png
"Hm," was all Aradia said, the girl letting silence take over as they chewed on that.

They moved well together, making quick work of the crates until they stacked. The cart sat full, no one there to man the handles and complete the last step of the delivery. She assumed that was their job. She gestured to the controls, letting the girl take the lead. This seemed like her place after all.

Aradia pushed a button, the door hatch to the ship closing behind them.

"You said she's here?" She asked, feeling out the dynamic between them. "Let us bring them to her."

Curiosity burned through her. That an a smidge of protectiveness.

But what was the acolyte gonna do? Beat up a Sith Lord if they were cruel? Geeze, her progress was getting to her head. She did not see it, giving no space for Alina to protest her nosy involvement as she gestured on ahead.

370d9lz.png

"Yeah." Alina settled into the quiet as the pair got the remaining boxes loaded up. It was awkward for her. The young Acolyte hadn't had the chance to just chat with someone since she was.. Since her father, and now when there seemed to be someone, they fell quiet. Was she supposed to break the quiet? Let it linger? She bit her lip as they set down the last one. Darth Daiara Darth Daiara was someone Alina was enjoying talking to at least.

Deciding it was now or never, she'd opened her mouth to try and bring life back to the conversation just as the other suggested they bring the artifacts to her master. Alina blinked, then nodded dumbly. Bring them to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf now? Yeah. That made sense. Lunch later. She gave a brief smile before taking the controls.

"Yeah. Okay. This way." With that she's lead them towards her master's office, once more letting the quiet settle over them. In truth she didn't know what she was going to say earlier, and especially didn't now.

VGOKCXV.png

Aradia was easy company, their silence taken in stride. She wasn't one to blather, but she wasn't one to withhold either. The once timid girl felt like a distance memory. For a moment she felt as if she barely recognized herself at all.

She mused over this, opening a door and letting Alina and the crates push through first.

"Where did she find you?" She chirped, her thought process left unexpressed as she glanced at the girl midstep.

She found one's origins spoke volumes. In the similarities still shown inside the person, or the ways they were sucked from their beings. Honestly the girl was a welcomed distraction to the dark thoughts from the ship. Even if she could die to war tomorrow.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"She found me in the Show of Strength before the wars started. She liked how I handled myself." Alina trailed off, a frown forming on her lips. She kept her gaze forward, hoping that Darth Daiara Darth Daiara wouldn't notice the change before continuing. "I don't know what she plans with me. She's a renown Sorcerer, but I've no afinity for it." Her grip tightened on the controller subconsciously. The source of all her anxiety and lack of self confidence. "I can't even control the Force properly." She was brooding. Alina let out a sigh and relaxed her fingers.

She didn't want to sour the mood between her and a potential.. She wasn't even sure what this was going to end up being. Ally? Friend? Did Sith even have friends? She took a breath before smiling and glancing over her shoulder.

"Hey, actually. Have you learned anything cool yet to do with the Force?"

VGOKCXV.png

Aradia grinned subtly. "A thing or two." Wow, the girl really was new.

She was going to be eaten alive out there.

"Are you at least good at combat?" Came the blunt, unabashed question. "Sword play? Snipers? There had to be something she saw in you, what did you do?"

Aradia had done nothing. Nothing but exist. She didn't know if that made her special or just lucky junk. It was not a topic she opened up with Kaalia. The woman was good to her, but she did not entertain Aradia' emotional whims.

She did not tell the girl this, pressing her further.

"Poisons? Bombs? ....Slicing?"

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"I.. Ah. I'm not entirely sure myself. I'm decent with a blade, though no match for someone trained in lightsaber combat."
Subconsciously she brushed a hand over her side where proof of such a claim still burned. Thinking about it, there really wasn't anything she had that could make her a good Sith. Or at least, that she knew of. "All she said was she liked my determination." Was that truly enough to be Sith? She'd barely survived the wars. Maybe, though, it was because she survived?

The confusion and lack of confidence showed in her face as she stared at the cart. There was so much she was worried about, and for good reason. But at the same time, was it right to burden Darth Daiara Darth Daiara with it? That was perhaps the biggest issue of all. Constantly going back and forth between wanting to rely on another and being afraid that that's simply not what a Sith does.

".. What about you? What are you good at?"

VGOKCXV.png

Aradia's expression caught, the newest answer leaving her stalling.

Guess she wasn't good at that either. She didn't know if that was a blessing or a curse. "Lotsa things," she dismissed, slipping into an unabashed boast as she tried not to skip a beat.

"Fire, sabers, I killed a jedi once." Had She done that? Aradia glanced over, brow raised. She didn't mean to slip into the defense, but her time submersed into the harsh nature of Acolyte dynamics at the Academies had carved the edge into her. It was a kill or be killed environment. Aradia wasn't about to show a weak spot.

At least not when feeling vulnerable.

She might have felt a bit back and forth to the girl. To be fair, Aradia wasn't entirely sure who she was sometimes either.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"I've never killed a Jedi. Or really fought one." Alina mused aloud, glancing to the ceiling of the building they entered with a thoughtful expression. "I went through a Sith tomb where shadow monsters, vines, a dead sith lord, and some zombies tried to kill me and another. And.. The Crystal Caverns on Dantooine. Sithspawn tried to eat us there, so I killed some of those."

Thinking about it she'd done a lot of impressive things for an acolyte, especially one without the Force to use as an ally. Not that the young acolyte thought twice about it. The cart came to a stop as they reached Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf 's office. It was just as intimidating as the first time she'd arrived here. She took a breath before opening the door to lead the pair within.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom