Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking The Bones Clean (PM to join unless tagged)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6EJ2iPWfCA&feature=youtu.be​
Mood Music​
f268eb4063e964a8a2cb2dde98829bfa.jpg
It'd been about three solid days since escaping a band of assassins on Nar Shadaa that'd been after Crosswire. Now after having spent time setting up Jae and Crosswire with their own cabins we'd needed to start getting materials gathered for setting up a home base out here in the mid rim. Yesterday we'd passed a planet named Qiilura that I'd launched some probes towards the surface. In order to start building there though we'd need raw materials and cargo to trade for funds.

So here we were outside the planetary orbit of Adumar in a wreckage field of major starships, and at least one planetary station. Activating the ship's comms I said "All crew report to the briefing room in five minutes we're entering a wreckage field and we need to make a decision on what wrecks would be the most valuable to go into. Grab gear and again meet in the briefing room in five minutes."

Grabbing my Andromeda combat armor that functioned as an EVA suit as well I began getting kitted up to head out into the black upon the conclusion of our briefing and decision making session. After the briefing we'd get kitted up and head to the airlock where we'd dock with one of the wrecks and go aboard. Tucking my helmet under my arm as I clipped the rest of my weapons into place and locked them down magnetically before heading out of my cabin and down to the briefing room...

[member="Jae Jordan "]- [member="Trelock Relon"]

After hearing Andorreth's announcement over comms, I begin getting myself ready. Scavenging. I've always heard about those who do this but never thought I'd get into it myself. I can see where someone like myself could be useful though assuming the ship still has power. Get through locked doors and that sort of thing. I begin putting my suit I picked up that fit my body type, namely my head, better than a humans combat suit that I got equipped for eva. Twasn't cheep but Andorreth helped. He claimed I was more important to them on the scavenging mission than sitting at the ship twiddling my thumbs. Which I wasn't going to argue with. We picked it up at a space station during a refueling stop.

Armor (minus the fancy claw blades.....for now)- https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1a/58/f6/1a58f6ef66b4f613c8305e5be859d0bb.jpg

While yeah it doesn't give me any free room for my tail, I can just tuck it down a leg. Not comfortable in the least, but hey, it works. Steel armor and fully equipped for eva. Mag boots and all. Once I'm fitted, I grab my knife, and fit it into a sheath that is pre built into the armor, locking it into place with a powerful magnet, turned off by the touch of a pad near the sheath. Shouldn't be going anywhere. Now to get to the bridge.
[member="Jae Jordan "]- [member="Andorreth Vikar"]

Jae was in her cabin when she heard the announcement ring out through the comms on board the ship. She hopped off her bed and stretched for a moment before walking over to the other side of her cabin and donning her newly acquired EVA suit, due to the help of Andorreth. She headed towards the door, quickly brushing a hand through her hair a couple times as to make sure it wasn't too messy. She jumped into the ships lift and headed straight for the briefing room. She was excited, this would be the first time she got to use her EVA suit for a real mission and not just training. She was looking forward to testing it out in a real environment.

3a449837-d36b-4f39-a8dd-78481af00cb7.jpg

The doors to the briefing room slid open and revealed Andorreth and Crosswire, ready to talk. She smiled to both of them, half apologetically as she may have kept them waiting for a little bit. "Hey guys." She greeted before walking in and taking a seat nearby. She popped her helmet onto her lap and looked towards Andorreth, "So! What've we got?"

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Trelock Relon"]

b3a418929416d659f2b74999fc661eaa.jpg

Smiling as Jae walked in in her new EVA suit I said "the short is this we need materials to develop a base out here in the mid-rim. There's a small fleet of ships wrecked out here and we're outside of planetary orbit of Adumar. The issue is that these wrecks still contain up to ninety percent of their original cargo and shipping manifest according to scans. Also according to scans there is indication that most of these ships fired upon two particular targets. The super-carrier and station were these targets. The problem is that all of these ships were left here, all of them have the ID as being part of a fleet from Adumar. So for all we know some kind of contaminant got out or a Sith Lord used the Force to cause chaos."

Looking towards them both I waited a few seconds then said "Mission parameters are as follows, we board both wrecks the super-carrier and the station. Jax will keep the ship out of range of both and send probes to begin scavenging the other wrecks. Once we land there will be cargo containers launched from the Rogue's Salvation with magnetic anchors onto both the super-carrier and the station. We're all going to be working in Zero-G meaning that mag-boots and line launchers are gear we'll be relying on for the first bit. Crosswire will be our electronics expert and his job will be to restore gravity aboard the super-carrier but keep in mind even with gravity restored it'll be a risk as the ship was fired upon."

Looking at Crosswire I said "Blasters are preferable due to bullets keep going in space. Blades are acceptable too. Since the cargo is all accounted for you're going to have the job of slicing the security keeping that cargo and loot locked down. Be careful though because again we could be dealing with biological contaminants. In the case that we are then extra security should be taken lethal force against any hostiles is permitted and comm check ins are mandatory."

"The cargo containers that will be mag locked to the hulls of the these vessels are where we'll load up the cargo and loot. Anything not bolted down is ours including components that can be used to upgrade the Rogue's Salvation. As these are wrecks just floating in space odds are we may run into pirates out here wanting the same thing as us. If biological contaminants are an issue the orders stand to take whatever you can within the parameters of keeping things safe. As a precaution I'll head to the weapons batteries and rig up some explosive solutions. Also we can rig the sections of the ship that still have atmo to explosively decompress if need be. Grab whatever gear you will need and meet in the armory airlock in 15 minutes, dismissed."

Jax had mentioned there were instances where vessels like this had been reported and that usually nothing good came of them. He'd also said that the probes he'd send to the rest of the fleet would only bring the ship materials back but he wouldn't let them back aboard which was understandable. I didn't want probes back aboard that had been exposed to contaminants. He'd also said that the issue was the ships we were headed to had the higher probability of that. He had a point all the other ships had fired upon the ones we were headed to. Hopefully it wouldn't be Rakghouls... at the very least I could hope for that...

Heading down to the armory I grabbed extra blaster power packs, explosive charges, tools, and a few other things that I packed down into a gear bag. Locking it securely I also pulled out the most recent acquisition for Crosswire. A datapad specifically engineered to be able to hook in to his EVA suit and network into his HUD. He wouldn't actually have to use the keys if he didn't want to and he'd be able to have multiple things running at the same time. I'd hand it to him when he made his way back down here....

After listening to Andorreth's briefing I head down to the armory, the idea that he figured out my profession before getting to know me still itching at the back of my brain. I shake the thoughts aside. Now really isn't the time to start thinking about that. I need to be able to trust these two, even if for a short run. Picking a blaster pistol, in my room I stick it to the side of my suits thigh, sticking quite firmly. Not going anywhere, just like my blade.

As I make my way down to the armory I can't shake the feeling something is.. off about this wreckage. Why hasn't anyone come to clean it up? There's gotta be a reason for it. I mean you don't just leave space wreckage floating about. That's a hazard to travelers, and worth thousands of credits, maybe more depending on the cargo. I shake my head again. I can't let my nerves be shaken either. Still though... Just doesn't feel right.

Once I finally make my way to the armory, I grab a blaster rifle from the wall, and a few charge packs, sticking them to my belt, and the blaster to my back. I turn around to notice Andorreth and finally decide just to ask him, "Hey so somethings been bugging me from day one. You told me I could network into the turrets. How in the heck did you figure out my profession without me even mentioning it to you?"

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Jae Jordan "]

Smiling inside my helmet I turn the filter off allowing him to see my face. "Well I happened to see the circuitry tattoo and kinda just figured you either had background in slicing and security or it was a clever fashion choice. Though to be honest I figured you had some kind of history when then hit squad came for you on Nar Shadaa, added to that the way you used that turret on the swoop with such glee told me you had at least some kind of weapons background. It was honestly just an educated guess, but makes me wonder if the reason for the hit squad was you stole some super secret prototype from someone."

Reaching over towards the table where I was still loading up gear I grabbed the custom datapad and offered it towards Crosswire.

772992e35f225bc6fdf19a424860b209.jpg

Looking at Crosswire I said "I mean unless you don't want this fancy datapad I picked up on the last fuel stop..." Something told me he'd take it though. Even if he didn't I already had picked up one for myself. In any case he'd find out how it'd link into his suit upon activating it....

[member="Trelock Relon"] - @Jae Jordan

I suppose that makes sense. COMMON sense at that. Something not many people have nowadays. I take the pad without hesitation eagerly opening it up and scoping out the specs immediately. I've seen these pads before, and they're no joke. I look at Andorreth in disbelief, "You're kidding me. You got this for me?" my first instinct is to check for any form of key loggers but I quickly realize it's fresh install. The ability these have to link to exosuits is invaluable for me. Less fumbling around in an emergency situation, and more just straight slicing. A part of me feels bad to take it but I gladly accept and slide it into a compartment in my back where it connects to my suits systems, watching the heads up display pull up all sorts of diagnostic information on the pad. "Thanks! This will help us immensely." Once it's all linked up, I link to the ships internal systems and install all the necessary software I both bought on the market and developed myself. "Well that saves me a trip. I'm ready when you guys are."

Jae listened as Andorreth spoke the orders that were being given to herself and Crosswire, it was a little bit to take in, she felt slightly overwhelmed with everything. Or perhaps it was simply the fact that she'd never done this before and had never had to pay attention and take orders and instructions from anyone before. Either way, she'd get used to it and eventually know the drill. It was different, listening to him give orders rather than speaking casually. Once he was finished she nodded and stood back up, grabbing her helmet and heading down to the armoury she picked up a couple tools she thought might be necessary whilst on the mission. She was trying to do her best in preempting any scenarios that the team may encounter and how to overcome them, though she knew that at some point there'd be something she hadn't prepared for and they'd still need to work around it. She thought about what Andorreth had mentioned, running into pirates, that was a possibility.

She checked her forearm and saw her line launcher locked securely. She listened as the duo started to talk about how he knew about Crosswires profession and abilities. She had to admit at first she didn't know about trusting Crosswire, though he'd proved to be of great help in the bar and once again throughout the run from those men, he gained enough trust from her so that she wouldn't act suspicious of him. And for now that was all she needed.

She placed her helmet over her head and checked all diagnostics, everything was running smoothly. Perfect. She'd had limited training with EVA suits but enough in order to perform adequately during the mission. She was confident she'd be able to get through the mission without any mishaps appearing along the way.

"You guys ready?" She asked, making sure everyone was ready to go before the airlock opened.

Smiling I said "To be fair though I got one for myself too. I figured you'd either take it or I'd be giving it to Jae." Speaking of which I was about ready to head out and as if on cue Jae showed back up. Looking at Crosswire, then at Jae I restored the filter on my helmet and headed to the airlock. As I reached the airlock and both Jae and Crosswire joined me I began cycling the airlock and engaged my mag-boots. Speaking into the comms I said "Jax on my bio-signs leaving the ship go ahead and launch the cargo containers onto the carrier and station." Looking back at Jae I inclined my head slightly as the airlock cycled and jerked open. Then I spoke again "Alright guys sync up your HUD filter on your helmets and follow me in. We'll be using thrust packs in our suits to reach the carrier so mirror exactly how I move and we'll all be fine."

Disengaging my mag-boots I pushed out of the airlock and engaging the thrust pack on my back along with the mini jets along my armor I began making my way to the wrecked super-carrier and whatever lay aboard...

I nod at Andorreth as I ensure the filter is working properly, reading my suits protocol for a spacewalk. I breathe a bit heavily, slightly nervous. Ships I can handle. Interstellar travel I can handle. But something about being a tinier spec in an endless expanse of nothingness that makes me shudder. I shake my head clear and watch the airlock open up, engaging thrusters soon as possible as to not straggle too far behind, as well as my stabilizers. That should do it.
I take deep breaths to stabilize my heart rate, as my suits hud starts beeping at me, filching a bit from the sudden noise. Jeez, can't it be like, something a bit less alarming? Then again I guess it wouldn't be an alarm, but the notification alone would be great. I turn off the sound to keep from annoying myself. Despite my stomach wanting to do back flips, I look around in awe from our surroundings, the stars coating the canvas of space. Crazy. Crazy is what this is. Refocusing myself on the objective I realize we aren't much farther from our landing point, getting my line launcher ready just in case, waiting to follow Andorreth's motions.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] | @Jae Jordan

Looking over my shoulder I saw Crosswire tracking me in his helmet. Jae was out to the side of him and both were following me at a decent clip. Looking up at my HUD I saw that I was approaching the super-carrier at a dangerous speed and I embraced the feeling of utter insanity. Counting down aloud I said "3...2...1 Mark!" Then I engaged the thrusters in my boots and along my armor while reversing the thrust vectors on my back mounted thrust pack and then I triggered them all simultaneously. Hopefully they wouldn't cut it as close or try what I was doing...

As I triggered all the thrusters I went into a spin and triggered the line-launcher in my left gauntlet. I saw it lock into place on the hull and triggering my mag-boots I began walking my way up to the cable impact point. I could feel the chunk-chunk as I pulled my feet up and back down on the hull. I couldn't help but note how much carbon scoring there was from blaster cannon fire. As I made my way up to the hatch where I'd launched the cable. Making sure my boots were locked I looked back to the blackness of space and made sure both Crosswire and Jae were touching down on the hull then I went to work. Activating one of the tools on my right gauntlet I began prying the panel off the hull and then looking at the diagnostics in my HUD I began crossing wires and then I popped the hatch by bypassing the locking mechanism and locking it open.

After breaching the door I slipped a sensor tab inside the ship and began running diagnostics. After an alarm sounded through the squad comm I activated the comms in my helmet and I said so that everyone could hear "Jax orders stand on this mission. Rig the guns to fire on both the station and carrier. Bio-hazard presence has been detected, I say again bio-hazard has been detected. I give everyone now shoot to kill authorization. If we can find out what happened here all the better but no unneeded risks. Something takes a swing at you, you put it down with extreme prejudice."

Glancing back at the hull I said "Crosswire, Jae...Time to go to work..."

I watch as Andorreth flips himself around onto the ship. I'm all for crazy but JEEZ I aint that crazy. I utilize my line launcher to help direct my path all the while utilizing the thruster's on my back to turn upright in orientation of the ship, boots first. Still not quite slow enough. I put more power into the rockets on my boots slowing me down just enough to make the landing manageable, taking the shock with my knees, magnets engaging soon as I land . LAND... Sort of.

After listening to Andorreth's assessment, I take the blaster rifle off my back and nod. Looks like this is gonna be a bit more exciting than I anticipated. As if that space walk wasn't exciting enough. I look around at the state of disrepair the ship is in, however notice a power line sparking against exposed skeleton of the craft. Good. That means there's power. "Watch out for exposed wires too." I say pointing out the sparking line. "Don't need anyone getting electrocuted."

She followed suit and copied Andorreths movement, when she watched him perform a more 'advanced' or simply more risky course of action in order to reach the hull, she cocked an eyebrow in amazement and opted for a more safe and suitable course of action for her level of experience. She launched the line launcher into the hull, she let go of a breath she didn't realise she was holding when the line held securely in the hull. She brought her legs forward, so that they'd reach the hull first, as the thrusters on her back began to slow her pace down in order to allow for a somewhat careful and safe landing upon the hull. Engaging her mag-boots, they stuck to the hull, tipping herself forward slightly from the force of the landing but regaining her balance shortly afterwards.

Jae nodded after Andorreths call through their comms, grabbing a hold of the rifle she kept wary of her surroundings doing her best to make sure she was prepared for anything that may happen whilst the trio were out here. She looked over to Crosswire, "You're right, it'd be quite a shocking experience." She added a ridiculous joke, laughing lightly before she spoke again, "Excuse my poor jokes." She apologised, her voice wavering towards the end. She had to admit she was a little anxious and she was trying to take her mind off all the possible things that could go wrong. She continued to move along, making sure to keep an eye out for the exposed electrical wiring.

Smiling at Jae's joke I said "Nothing wrong with a little gallows humor, just don't leave us hanging for punch lines." Humor aside I began moving into the super-carrier. Rifle at a low ready I began moving towards a control panel as I kept an eye on Jae and Crosswire coming up behind me on my HUD. Reaching the control panel I began looking for the controls to the section we'd just entered. Glancing at a readout I realized that true to Crosswire saying there was still power to the wires outside, there was actually power running through this whole section... Once Jae and Crosswire were aboard I found what I was looking for shielding to seal the outer hatch we'd just come through. Following that I began looking through the controls and restored gravity in this section.

Following that I disengaged my mag-boots and began thinking. Power still online, if that was the case then odds were whatever was on this ship was still alive. Great... Odds were the ship had multiple sections that had atmosphere and gravity. "Crosswire I want to see what happened here,logs would help with that and if you can jack into the ship logs as we go that'd be even better. I don't want to be spending more time than needed aboard. As much as I don't like it I think we should all head further down to the cargo bays and begin stripping what we can. Atmosphere and gravity is active in this section now but it stands to reason that not all the sections of the ship will have that." Glancing down at the schematics Jax had provided I realized we could also rig the weapon batteries to blow while down by the cargo bay. They were directly connected in a corridor and odds were it'd be better to rig things to go boom than take the chance. Also there was a cargo and freight lift on this level that went down to the cargo bay which for the sake of expediency would be massively helpful.

Checking to make sure the panel I was at could be remotely activated from the lower decks I activated the panel and looking at Jae and Crosswire I said "Rigging the weapons to blow this place to hell first, cargo immediately following that. We'll work our way from the bottom back up and out. After cargo is loaded into the crate on the outer hull we trigger the release and Jax will come snag it. Then we move into the station and grab absolutely anything of value. We can either take the lift down to the cargo bay and gun emplacements or look around here first schematics show there is a medical lab here but if we're dealing with a biohazard we might want to avoid that. What are your thoughts guys?"

I laugh a bit at Jae's joke, "Tension never did anyone any good. We need to be relaxed to be at the peak of our game. Sides, I can be all too serious some times." I listen to Andorreths line of thought as far as the logs are concerned, and I nod, turning to a door panel. Taking a claw on the hand of the suit, I pull back a panel and hook into the doors system, as their security system would be directly linked to the rest of the network in the ship. Time to start bypassing the firewall.

"So long as the servers are intact and still getting power I should be able to get the logs. If not we'd have to work our way to their back up room where they've got physical copies. Now as far as the medical bay is concerned, that'd have some very useful loot there if we can get there. I'll check to see if I can get any readings on the bay. Oh uhhh keep an eye out for any corpses. Key cards and things of the sort could really help me get into the system, otherwise I may be sitting here a while."

Something just doesn't feel right about this though, thinking of corpses. I don't see any. A ship this large would have a massive crew. Where is everyone???

[member="Andorreth Vikar"] | @Jae Jordan

Thinking briefly I realized we'd not run into any corpses. That was unsettling to say the least, especially due to the fact that this ship had been fired upon by a whole battle group and should have been destroyed but schematics and our EVA infil had showed the ship was nearly completely intact. Meaning that whoever had been aboard hadn't been killed by the fire from the battle group...They'd likely died due to contamination but then the ship should be way more screwed up. Realizing what we were likely dealing with I said "Guys there's a big problem, here this ship and the station should've been blown to scrap but systems are intact and the ship isn't in pieces. Meaning the crew either died from contamination or more troubling they died and networked as a hive mind to keep the ship from being blown to hell. Meaning they're all still aboard if that's what happened... Crosswire, any chance you can ping the ship for a scan of bodies?"

Walking down the hall I turned the filter for heat signatures, and biological readings. Then I activated night vision and said "Night vision filters guys, we turn the lights on in here odds are we'll have a whole mess of biohazards to deal with." Looking at the floor I looked towards Jae and motioned for her to stay there as I moved forwards towards where the med-lab was. Pulling Serenity from my left hip I clipped the rifle securely to my armor. Walking to the end of the hall I looked at the floor and to the right towards the med-lab and saw a blood trail. "Guys....I got blood here. Crosswire keep working on those logs." Moving towards the blood trail I saw a body on the floor and after checking it for vital signs I saw it was deceased. Rather than taking a chance I placed the tip of the blade against the skull and promptly shoved the blade through the skull making absolutely sure that whoever it had been wouldn't spontaneously revive themselves.

Patting the corpse down I found some keycards and before pulling away I saw that there was a gunshot through their head. Suddenly unsure about having stabbed the corpse through the head I stood and moved away and swung my sword through the corpse's neck decapitating them. Looking back at Jae and Crosswire I said "Be advised just came across a body and after stabbing it through the head. Gunshot wound through the head prior to my stabbing the corpse. I recommend decapitation so we don't have bodies reviving themselves."

Moving down the hall with my blade at the ready I pulled my DC-17s blaster pistol and looking at the keycards I saw one with the medical logo. Standing to the side of the door I swiped the keycard in the keypad and nearly immediately upon the doors opening I was greeted by a horror lunging through the opening at me.

756083cd0cbb2ae2cc577a62df169f46.jpg
Instinctively I shot the thing through the head and with a single stroke cut through the things' neck decapitating it. "Jae, on me asap. Crosswire be advised shot to the head and decapitation is the way to stop these...things. Hard contact established and threat is high. Short of headshots and decapitation I suggest incineration." Fierfeck'la Osik! Whatever these things were I hoped Crosswire would dig up some info. In any case now checking the med-bay I noticed a bag in the corner and began grabbing what I could from the med-bay, hopefully Jae would show up in a second... Hadn't even got to the cargo bay or weapons emplacements yet.

After the gravity had been restored in the section she looked to her HUD and disengaged her mag-boots, as they powered down she walked more freely around the space and took a look at their surroundings. She agreed with the idea of heading to the medical bay, Crosswire was right, useful loot could be gained from that particular area. As Crosswire got to working on bypassing the firewall, she held her blaster close to her and kept an eye out for any odd behaviour or signs. She took a few steps forward and started to scout the area out, not straying too far from Andorreth and Crosswire. She looked back and nodded at Crosswires request to look out for corpses and to acquire any key cards they may come across.

As soon as Andorreth brought up his issues of concern she walked back to the duo and noticed too, they hadn't come across any corpses. A chill went down her back as Andorreth made her aware that they may still be aboard the ship. She turned her visor to night vision as the scenery around her changed through her helmet. She was about to follow Andorreth before he gave her the signal to stay where she was. She huffed though nodded in understanding. She didn't like the idea of splitting up, despite Andorreth not straying two far from Crosswire and herself, she didn't like the atmosphere of this ship.

Jae looked over at Crosswire and watched him work before she heard a bit of ruckus down from where Andorreth was, she was about to head forward and see if everything was ok before Andorreth was back, key card in hand. She watched as he swiped the card and before she could join him and follow through a figure jumped through the air tackling Andorreth, a short gasp escaped before she stumbled back and went for her blaster, too slow, as Andorreth had already taken care of the issue. Her breath quickened a little as she stared down at the decapitated figure, she snapped back into reality when Andorreth spoke again, she nodded, running forward to catch up with him. She followed into the med-bay, "What the heck was that?!" She didn't expect an answer as she assumed he was as confused as she was at the moment, for now she rummaged through the footlocker chests around the room, grabbing things she thought might prove useful.

Walking back out she turned in Crosswires direction, "How're things going on your end?"

I continue to crunch numbers as quickly as I can manage, still not quite accustomed to the implat, struggling to keep my focus. I listen to the excange and rucus of Andorreth down the hall, fighting off the beastie. I knew there was something off about this ship. Once into the ships systems, it prompts me for annother password. The system administrators password of course. Of all things it had to ask me for. Ugh. Luckly this was the main server though so the password should be in the machine itself. I jump a bit as I'm addressed and turn towards Jae, snapping me back to reality. "Better. I'm just working on gaining access to the main server. Should be able to get all that I need once I'm in. Won't take long! What happened over there???" I say half worried.

I've got an ill feeling about this place. Not because it's in disrepair or that it's in space but things just don't seem to add up... What really attacked this ship? I know we saw blaster scarring but if this happened due to a battle, there shouldn't really be anything left of the ship. I grab my blades hilt while processing the numbers, refocusing my attention on getting into the machine.

[member="Jae Jordan"] [member="Andorreth Vikar"]

I....didn't actually believe what'd attacked me just now. I'd heard stories even back from when I was living on Corellia. People that went native on their crews due to psychotic breaks, mental damage, and so on. They resorted to cannibalism and ran ships dark, no life support, no shielding and drifting. Simply drifting in the black... "Guys I think I know what these things are....Drifting Reavers is what they're called by the smugglers on Corellia. These guys are incredibly aggressive from what I've heard. Also from what I've heard they're cannibalistic so let's stay off the menu if we can."

Thinking though I realized these weren't normal Drifting Reavers either... "Guys these Reavers are different though. Even though gravity was restored in this section there's still no oxygen. So we're dealing with Reavers that've adapted. They don't need oxygen, whatever biological agent was aboard has probably mutated the Reavers even further allowing for them to function without oxygen." As I continued thinking about what could've happened I realized that the battle fleet we'd seen on the way in had likely taken on a "survivor" but whoever it'd been had been a Reaver at that point. Meaning if I was correct in that line of thought the reason the super-carrier and research station were so intact was that they were ground zero for the infection.

A patient had likely been transferred aboard this ship from the research station. That patient had likely infected the medical staff, and by extension the crew. There'd probably been a research team from the battle group that'd been simply nicked by one of the infected which was all it'd have taken. They'd then have unknowingly transferred it back to everyone in the battle group. Then the guns that'd fired on this ship had fallen silent.

Taking a few minutes as I worked alongside Jae I explained my theory to the group. Seemed we were actually piecing together what'd happened here. As I continued grabbing whatever gear I could in the med-bay along with Jae I realized we needed to start getting everything possible moved out into the cargo container on the hull. After getting what we could from this deck and securing it in the cargo crate outside we'd take the cargo lift down to the gun batteries and cargo hold. Odds were though that we'd need another exit strategy. After rigging this place to blow we'd have to head into the research station. Ground zero for the updated Reaver mutation but also where valuable data, supplies, and gear would likely be....

Jae was on high alert since the attack, not wanting to come across another one of those Reavers, the less she had to see of them, the better. She shivered at the sound of them being cannibalistic that was the last thing she needed. After gabbing the gear that she thought would prove useful she grabbed her blaster once again and held it tight, close against her, her finger resting on the trigger.

She sighed once she heard they didn't require oxygen to function and had adapted to their environment to better suit their survival rate. "Is there anything that can stop them? A weakness?" She asked Andorreth, wondering if he'd learnt anything else about them whilst he lived on Corellia. She was hoping there was some weak point or a flaw in within the Reavers, anything that could give them a slight upper hand against these feral and aggressive mutations.

She looked over the Crosswire, watching him work and awaiting him to crack into the main server, once that was done hopefully things would run somewhat smooth from that point onward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom