Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick up at Denon

Region: Inner rim / System: Denon system / Planet: Denon
u5pPszB.jpg

The skyscrappers of the ecumenopolis world reached for the skies which clouds glowed in orange and pink from the sun settling at the horizon. At the higher levels, the shadows from the buildings was thrown over landing platform 437 which stretched out from one of the skyscrappers via a walkway.

The sun broke thru between the high buildings, casting its last rays of the day on the YV-929 freighter. Its owner half-sat on a cargo crate beside the lowered ramp. She looked up, arms crossed over over her chest, admiring the colors slowly shifting in the sky. It looked so calm, so quiet. Thanks to the landing platform being located at the higher levels, only a faint buzzling noise could be heard from the airspeeder traffic below. It was impossible not to begin contemplating on things, alot of things. Things that she usually kept for herself, if she wasn’t at home on Corellia with her brother or if not chatting about with ’Balex’, her BLX general labor droid. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The air were as you would expect from an urban planet, though it was much better up here than down the lower levels.

Her thoughts were interupted by a YT-2400 freighter taking off from a nearby landing platform. She had her usual casual smugglers attire on; a pair of black boots and reinforced slim fitting trousers with pockets on the thighs. Above that a light colored top and a reinforced brown smuggler's jacket. Bandaged wrists and underarms along with protectors on top, for the purpose of close combat. In her belt hang her KYD-21 blaster pistol at her right and a vibroknife in its sheath at her left. Her traditional lekku headpiece, having one lekku in resting on her chest and the other one on her back.

She was to meet someone, someone that would bring her some neat stuff two months worth of payment - if she did things right, which she did most of the time. A shipmens of many in the rutian twi’leks smuggling career. Switching ships was a fairly common tactic to make it difficult for the authorities to track a shipment.

[member="Lorraei"]​

A sea of gold, and crimson. Or so the skies of Denon appeared to Lorraei as the setting sun continued it's slow descent toward the horizon. The Desert Fox as he had become known in less than law abiding circles, waited in the deepest shadows the skyscrapers of Denon had to offer. His coal black gaze was fixated no longer on the blazing red, and gold skies above, but on something much softer, bluer, and wholly more captivating than a sunset.

How long he had kept the woman waiting he was no longer certain, but he knew it would be rude to delay their meeting any longer. It was regrettable. He had been enjoying the view, and the woman seemed to be enjoying the moment of peace she had found while gazing into the sky. Still, there was business to conclude. His mind finally made up, Ray pushed himself back to his feet and began to cross the walkway toward the woman's landing pad.

Lorraei paused to straighten his gold, and black coat, ensured his features were hidden beneath the scarfs that wrapped his head, and stepped into the sunlight. "Cehla Je'ea," He whispered in Ryl, shrugging a shoulder to stir the little creature clinging to him. The young Tailring chirped and squeaked in protest of it's nap being interrupted. "Oh, don't be so rotten, my little one." The man murmured softly to the small creature. "Why don't you go see if our guest is friendly?"

The Sand Dragon lept into the air, it's diminutive wings spreading as it flew toward the Twi'lek. The small beast landed near the woman, though well out of her reach, chirping happily at her. Ray chuckled faintly as he moved onto the Twi'lek's landing pad. "Ki'uk hirani." He said, greeting the Twi'lek in Ryl. "That is Cehla Je'ea. She's wants to know if you have food for her." Again the man chucked beneath his face covering. " You are the one from the Night Hawks, yes?"

[member="Tan'yill"]

The creatures sudden appearance during her time of contemplation made her wince slightly and stand up from the cargo crate. She looked at it in surprise to where this little being had came from, knowing it was not native to Denon. Her question was answered a moment later when a shrouded figure stepped out of the shadows, walking towards them.

Her gaze changed from one of surprise to one of suspiciousness, eyes intensively trying to see through the mans face covering. A smooth greeting in ryl that she had heard before, at another time, at another place. A greeting that not always reflected a persons honest and friendly intentions. Silently, her right hand searched for the blaster holster. A habit from years gone.

''I guess I usually don't carry around a cake up my sleeves...'' Then, who did?

She gave the creature an excusing look without taking much attention off the man.

''I am...'' unsure if he was the one she was to meet, expecting more of a smuggler-looking type of figure. ''Are you the one I'm supposed to meet?''

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei chuckled softly beneath his face cover as the Twi'lek jumped, startled by the Tailring's sudden appearance. The woman turned on Ray, scowling at him suspiciously. Her hand slipped toward her weapon reflexively, drawing the desert nomad's dark gaze. His entire head turned as he stared at the woman's weapon hand, making it dreadfully clear he was paying careful attention to her movements.

"Well, I'm glad you don't carry around any cake." He said, his voice calm, and controlled. "That last thing my little flower needs is sugar in her diet." He smiled beneath his concealing scarves, his attention still fixated on the Twi'lek's weapon hand. "Yes, I'm the one you are supposed to be meeting. I'm called the Desert Fox. It's rather unoriginal in my opinion, but when you're from Tatoonie I suppose it's only natural you end up with such a name."

Lorraei paused to gesture at the woman's hand. "Are you going to draw that, or not? It's terribly distracting having your hand just hover over your weapon." His hands settled on his hips as he stared the woman down. "If we're going to fight, I'd rather we just get to it." He folded his arms across his chest, waiting for her reaction.

[member="Tan'yill"]

It seemed like the creature was like a dear friend to the man when he called it his flower. Much like her own friendship with her droids. Droids and creatures could not hurt you like sentinents could.

That was right, the Desert Fox was the name going by her contact. Having not gotten any more detailed description about the man, the few she got seemed to fit but still, she didn't know the man. She stood fast despite the mans gaze upon her and the still holstered blaster. Was there one thing you learned becoming a smuggler, it was to drop any form of credulous ways of yourself. Still having him on a distance though, she let her right hand fondle down the side of the holster. The man looked unarmed, atleast considering blasters, and if she was not able to draw at this distance a melee fight would settle things...

With a blink her hazel green-yellowish glance changed lowered its intensity, though still suspicious about the man she met his glance straight on, trying to read him. ''Well, Desert Fox... Show me your face.'' He had something that made her uneasy, his decision to fold his arms in such a confident way, his black stare being hard to read...

''I think neither you or I do want a fight. But I sure as heck like to see who I'm talking to...'' she said and cocked her head a bit to the side.

[member="Lorraei"]

A low, sultry laugh rolled from beneath the Desert Fox's shrouding scarves. "Show you my face?" Again he chuckled, his arms raising to his sides in a helpless shrug. "When one so lovely as you is asking, Pateesa , how could I possibly refuse?" His arms fell to his sides as he swept an elaborate bow to the Twi'lek, his head dipping low. As he straightened, his scarves fell away to reveal a deeply tanned human, with a well kept black beard. He smiled dashingly, white teeth gleaming against caramel features.

Slowly he folded his arms across his chest once more. "Come Cehla Je'ea, our guest is less hospitality than I had hoped." With a chirp of complaint, the small Sand Dragon lept from it's perch atop the crate, glided lazily through the air, and attached itself to Lorraei's left bicep. "Now then. As I was saying, are you going to use that, or not, Pateesa?" Again he addressed her sweetly in Huttese.

[member="Tan'yill"]

The mans smooth ways and the compliment to her made her snort silently, almost going into a chuckle because of them. Not sure how to take it, her glance flicked to the sides before focusing back at this ''Desert Fox''. Finaly the mystery mans shrouded face was revealed and she could read him more easily. He had the looks with him too, sort of foreign and when he spoke about Tatooine it made sence.

''You're a smooth one, aren't you...'' she said to him and continued to lower her guard by placing her thumbs behind the buckle of her belt.

One could see she felt slightly more relaxed now, her green-yellowish gaze smoothen out a bit. ''I ain't relying solely on it, anyways...'' her glance went more casual and she leaned back at the cargo crate she half-sat on before.

''Look... you can't be too sure about folks these days, especially not in my business. I...'' she looked about a bit, searching for the words. ''I... I'm sorry if you and your... dragon over there took offence by it.''

She was closing in on the same state as the calm clouds of the crimson sky. She needed the gods and another contact in her network wouldn't hurt. After a moment she looked at him again.

''We good?'' she said, questionaly raising her eyebrows slightly.

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei flashed his charming smile again, boyish dimples forming in his cheeks. "Smooth? Yes, I like to believe I am. That's really a matter of opinion though, isn't it?" He smiled again, one hand waving through the air as though he was dismissing his own question. "There's nothing to fret over, Pateesa. No harm, no foul as the saying goes. I can understand your desire for caution."

The Desert Fox slowly began to walk across the landing pad once more. He mimicked the woman's stance as he moved, his thumbs hooking the sash at his waist. His smile radiated self confidence as he strolled closer to the Twi'lek. He stopped some two meters or so away from the woman before he continued. "I think we've gotten off to a poor start, Pateesa . Perhaps we can try again?" The inclined his head, half bowing to the woman. When he straightened his charming trademark smile split his caramel features once more. "I am Ray. I am called the Desert Fox in certain circles. I believe I can be of service to you and your organization. If you'll allow me to be." His smile shifted to a smug smirk. "Perhaps we could go somewhere a little more private, and finish this conversation?"

[member="Tan'yill"]

Feeling the atmosphere lighten up a bit was relieving. It better went along with the otherwise calm evening that was slowly getting darker as the sun settled behind the city skyline. She would hate spoiling it and it was now easier to relax when she had pretty much confirmed who the man was. She nodded slightly in response to the mans benevolent offer to try again.

''Yeah... I guess that would be the best.'' she said, body squirm a bit because of the situation. Her hazel eyes flicked between the man and his friend on the shoulder, smirking ever so slightly.

''If what I heard is true, I sure think you can. The boss is looking forward to meet you.'' she exclaimed while the tip of her lekku resting on her chest twirled slightly. ''I'm Tan'yill. Friends call me Tan. You can too if you want, then we'll see about the friend part.'' now a smirk found its way to her purple lips and again she stood up from the cargo crate and took two or three steps closer to the man.

''Why not, you got a place in mind? Or else we could conclude the business aboard my ship. Speaking of which, I'm surprised you didn't come with your ship?''

[member="Lorraei"]

Ray's devilish smile wouldn't quit. Dimples showed in his cheeks again as he moved a little closer to the Twi'lek. "Well, I'm pleased you are willing to let us start over, Tan." His hand came up to stroke his beard for a moment, a nearly arrogant smirk on his lips. "Honestly, I don't care to meet your boss very much. I doubt he or she is even half as lovely as you."

Again the nomad waved a hand through the air as if to dismiss his own comments regarding the Twi'lek's beauty, or his opinion of her beauty at the very least. "I do in fact have a place in mind. My place." Ray rolled up his left sleeve quickly, revealing the digital display of a high end datapad, and swiftly punched in a series of commands. He flashed the Twi'lek another smile, turned, and started toward the edge of the landing pad. "Come. Our convention shouldn't be had in the open like this anyway."

A moment later the roar of engines filled the air as Lorraei's AT-360 dropped from the sky. The ship hovered at the edge of the landing pad, it's loading ramp already dropped, waiting for him to board. "Come on!" He called over the sound of his ship's engines. "Welcome to Shangri-La! Paradise! Or my version of it at any rate." Ray hopped the small gap between his ship and the platform, took hold of a railing, and turned back to offer a helping hand to the lovely Twi'lek.

[member="Tan'yill"]

As Ray moved closer her intense green-yellowish gaze was fixed upon him, meeting his eyes like as if trying to see straight into the mans soul and searching for his intentions.

She folded her bandaged and lightly armored underarms across her chest and cocked her head to the side. ''Lovely, huh? Don't just take me for one of my sleazy kindred, because if you do... I'm afraid that grin of yours won't last, Ray...'' she said and offered him a smirk at the now close range that they was from each other. This sure was a ''prince Charming'' and many of her kin would fall for it rather quickly. However, you needed more than charm and good looks to topple this twi'lek over.

She eyed his datapad and turned to follow behind him. Looking up when the roaring of the engines came closer to them she spotted his ship.

''Is it now that I'm supposed to be impressed?'' she called over the roaring sound and raised her eyebrows a bit, looking over at Ray when he jumped onto the ramp. In fact, it was a friggin' cool feature to her. Especially considering her love for mechanics and starships in general.

She backed up a bit before making a short run and agile jump for the ships ramp, without having to grab this gentlemans hand. ''Thanks for the thought, though!'' she said and smiled at his rather cute thought of helping her aboard.

[member="Lorraei"]

Ray's fathomless black gaze sparkled with mischief as the Twi'lek stepped closer still, a smirk of her own across her ample lavender lips. The false prince smiled sweetly in reply, the scent of him intoxicating so close. A heady scent, a mixture of Cinnamon and Clove, though his was laced with a Zeltron's natural pharamone. "I'm wounded, Lady Tan'yill. I'd not dream of comparing a creature of your... Caliber to a vonuo kn'ic. Let alone give voice to such offense. Truly." He turned away then to leap onto his ship.

The loading ramp closed, leaving the pair in utter darkness for a moment. Lorraei laughed his typical arrogant little chuckle. "You're most welcome, Pateesa." The lights in the Desert Fox's ship slowly began to brighten. Lorraei stood in the entrance still, smiling his charmed smile. "You are welcome to ignore everything I say after this, Pateesa, but remember this, and remember well. You may look, but don't stare."

The desert born Nomad stepped back, his left arm sweeping aside to showcase the interior of his ship, his Paradise. A deep, ominous, growl boiled through the ship's interior, drawing [member=Tan'yill]'s attention to the opposite side of the ship. In the doorway to the ship's bridge, a large Nexu rose up from it's resting spot on the floor. "Don't stare." The Nomad warned a second time. "Please, come in." He said calmly as he started toward the center of the ship's main room. The central room of the ship was decorated like an expensive apartment. Along the right wall was a long counter top, bottles of liquor, and glasses sat in racks above the counter. To the left was a pair of closed doors. In the center of the room, Lorraei stepped down a few step to sit at a round table recessed into the floor. Here and there paintings hung from the walls, each hand painted by the Desert Fox. "Would you care for something to drink?" The man asked once in his seat.

As the lights began to brighten she could glance around at the fancy interiors of the ship. It didn't take long for her to notice the nexu at the bridges enterance. She knew about the creature but had never seen one in real life. But why would you keep one as a pet? Maybe it was a mistake agreeing to this? She felt a little uneasy but listening to Ray's advice not to stare she quickly turned her glance away. Hands instinctively going to rest on her belt, close to the blaster.

''Uhm... a pet of yours?'' she asked as she followed him to the round table. ''Sure, why not...? You got whiskey?''

She sat down by the table, front facing his feline pet just to know where it was. Glancing around at the exotic paintings she couldn't help but imagine what sort of engines, hyperdrive and such this ship was fitted with.

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei laughed warmly at the woman's question. "A pet? No I don't have any pets. Do I, Cehla Je'ea?" The man asked the diminutive creature still clinging to his shoulder as he reached up to scratch it's chin. His black gaze turned back to [member="Tan'yill"] in time. "One doesn't make a pet of a Nexu, my Lady Tan'yill. These are my traveling companions. The one behind me is G'ecnsi." The name he had given the creature was hard like ice, and sounded overly difficult to say more than once, and even then only slowly. "It means shadow in the language of the Chiss. Fitting I think as she doesn't like to be seen."

The Desert Fox flowed out of his seat, and crossed the room to the bar top. He quickly plucked a pair of glasses from their racks, a bottle of his finest whiskey from a shelf, and slowly made his way back to his seat. He set the two glasses side by side in the center of the table, filled each one half full, and placed the bottle beside them. He gestured absently to the glasses, and reclined in his seat once more. "Shall we get straight to business then, Lady Tan'yill? Or would you be interested in having dinner with me first?" Lorraei chuckled softly once again, flashing his trademark smile.

She listened carefully to his explanation about the creatures, all while keeping an eye on the nexu resting by the cockpit enterance. Looking over to the man and his sand dragon, it certainly made for a more appropriate pet or companion as he said. She couldn't help to think of how much Ray and his creatures resembled her own situation; the man seemed to be a lone-wolf, traveling with two companions, much like herself but she prefered the company of droids instead.

She took a healthy sip of the whiskey offered to her, it was unlike the most rough whiskeys she usually drank. It was so smooth, yet with the characteristic burning sensation when traveling down to her stomach. It was warming and made her feel a bit more relaxed and one could see she was accustomed to the drink. His next sentence made her crack a smile and shake her head a little looking down into the glass, contemplating the mans offer.

Lady? That was something new to her! She had been called alot through out her days in the Blue Sector, good names and bad names... She didn't recognize herself as a lady, though. Far from it. But at least it had a good meaning to it.

''Heh! Dinner? Is that something you offer all your business contacts?'' she said and looked up at him once more.

After some consideration, she continued with a slight casual shrug. ''Yeah, I'm down for that...''

After all, a free meal was not something she said no to...

Lorraei flashed another winning smile in response to [member=Tan'yill]'s question. A few moments passed in silence before the Twi'lek shrugged, accepting his offer of a meal. The Desert Fox stood slowly, took one of the glasses of whiskey for himself, and slowly began to cross the room toward the counter top once more. "No, Tan. I don't offer all my business associates dinner, and drinks." He replied over his shoulder.

Lorraei slid a panel of the counter top aside, and withdrew a covered tray from a hidden refrigerator before making his way back to the table. Setting the tray down, he took his seat again. "Only those I invite into my home are offered dinner." Once again the Desert Fox smiled his charmed little smirk. With a quick motion Ray pulled another hidden panel out of the center of the table, revealing a small grill beneath. The grill was already burning, coals glowing red hot under the grate. With long practiced motions Ray removed the lid from the tray, and began laying Oysters and Asparagus spears across the grill.

"Now then," The Desert Fox said, leaning back in his seat once their dinner was on the grill. "What do you say we get to the matter at hand, Lady Tan'yill? What is it these night hawks of yours need?"

She turned her head and followed him with her gaze as he went to get something, probably the dinner of the evening. This was so far from her expectations on how this thought-to-be business meeting would turn out. But she was mostly fine with it, usually being able to adapt easily to new situations. The precense of his feline companion having lessen its impact on her. As Ray returned she repositioned her lekku that was hanging at her back, having both in front felt cozy in some way and for the ones who knew her it were a sign of relaxation.

Another smirk appeared on her lips and the tips of her both lekkus played around slightly as he brought forth a grill; exotic, just as his attire and the interior of the ship. Not like anything she had seen before, certainly not on Corellia. Seafood? Oysters? Truth was she had only tried them once before, a long time ago and probably ate them the wrong way back then.

''Uhm... Looks nice! But... Oysters ain't like... My usual kind of dinner...'' she tried to hide a chuckle. ''You would have to guide me through how to eat these things...''

The conversation turned to more serious matters as he brought up the reason why they met in the first place.

''We could use some of this and that... Mostly blasters and carbines, maybe some with stealthy features. Cloaking devices for our ships. You could say we don't like to draw attention to ourselves...''

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei chuckled slightly, sipping his whiskey as [member="Tan'yill"] explained she would have to be taught how to eat the dinner he was preparing. "Nothing to worry about, Pateesa . These are fresh from Chroma Zed. Melt in your mouth delicious. Once their ready, you'll hardly need instruction." Ray leaned forward, poured some of his whiskey on to the grill, and quickly covered it once again. "A little steam, and a little flavor, and those will be amazing in just a little while."

Ray leaned back in his seat, swallowing another mouthful of his drink. "A little of this, a little of that, huh?" He replied with a smirk. "Blasters, and carbines are easy enough to acquire depending on the numbers you are hoping to receive." He paused then, pulling a cigarette tin and matching lighter from his coat. He lit the cigarette, took a drag, and continued. "As for your other request. Well, that will be much more difficult. Stealth technology is difficult to come by, Lady Tan'yill. Why, even I don't have stealth systems. I do however, know a woman that might be able to help you with that."

This man had an interesting and exotic way to cook which she was quite impressed of, though she was used to more common food. This felt quite luxurious, to be frank. And suspiciously well planned, maybe? Nah, the evening was going along just fine... Thoughts soon faded away. Though she felt relaxed she had learned a thing or two and she always upheld some kind of prepareness and guard for unexpected things, a habit that had saved her in the past. Blue flames appeared in the grill when he poured in the whiskey before putting on the cover again, a faint but pleasurable smell of the burnt alcoholic beverage surrounded them.

She grabbed her glass of whiskey that certainly not were going into the grill and reclined in the chair, stretching out and crossing her legs under the table. Listening to Rays answer to her and the Orders wishes, she nodded and took another sip of the delicious whiskey. Studying the glass of liquid in her hand, she pondered her answer.

''I see... It is difficult to come by, but from what we heard, few things would be too difficult for the Desert Fox...?'' she said with a slight teasing smirk on her lips and aimed her green-yellowish gaze over to Ray.

[member="Lorraei"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom