Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick a Little, Talk a Little (Sam)

@Samanthe Quiwl

Nihil Retreat
Perann Nebula

"They know we're coming, of course."

The Sekairo-class stealth transport cut nebular dust as it made its way toward a nameless planet. Of all the monsters of the Unknown Regions which Fringe had repelled, opposed, conquered, assimilated, this was the greatest enemy, and the one that Fringe had never even tried to contact. This deep in the Perann Nebula, the twelve star clusters of the Nihil Retreat had a constant halo of blood-red stardust, limning every planet and moon they passed.

"Darksight, it's called. I spent a long time as lab assistant to a man who hated the Sorcerers of Rhand with everything he had -- they turned his daughter against him, for one. Left him for dead at some point, maybe a hundred years back. I'm not so much Velok's heir that I'm here to even the score, which is the only reason we're not dead already. The Sorcerers' territory is always varying, world by world, between perfect control and perfect destruction. They destroy to strengthen their knowledge of the future, and their ability to pick the best future. That, and they sort of derived from a cult of apocalyptic god-summoning.

"We're here to find out about them, and more importantly, we're here to find out about other people. I'd be more than interested to learn which Sith faction will rise to the fore and make the biggest dent. Frankly I don't know what's out there right now, but I mean to find out."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

The trip was unexpected, especially from the girl beside her. She had only heard stories of the infamous Rave, the woman that was heard over the comlinks during invasions and take overs of planets. The girl seemed to be the eyes in the sky for the Fringe, which demanded a sort of respect from Sam. She didn’t look at the girl, the last woman that did seemed to have been challenged to a kaggath, Sam didn’t have much anything of value – that was stripped from her the moment she became a Sith and denounced her Serreno heritage. Other things in this galaxy caught her attention, for now though her lightsaber was her focus.

Dexterous hands spun the blade over and over as she twisted some of the nobs making sure everything was tight. Her eyes never leaving the saber staff, Sam finally spoke. “I’ve only heard rumors of this Velok character, he seems to have put his hands in more places than my Master has. Which isn’t always a good thing.” Sam looked up from her saber towards the girl next to her,” These sorcerers are we going to destroy them or are we going to take the diplomatic route?” She questioned with a hope that they were going to go with the “seek out and destroy” option.

A clipping sound echoed softly as she attached the saber staff to her back. She had forgone the classic and probably more comfortable Sith Apprentice black tunic and pants for simple spacer attire. A tank top clung to her figure along with a pair of cargo pants that hung loose off her hips. She had taken the outfit from a woman who decided to try and take MSE from her. Thick combat boots shuffled as Sam shifted her weight and leaned against the nearest wall or railing. Arms crossed over her chest as a standard sling that housed blaster clips rested over her shoulder and against her chest. Two standard blasters hung from her hips and the well-known dagger that every fringer had strapped to left thigh. Unless someone saw Sam use the force, no one truly could tell the Sith Knight apart from a simple pirate.

“The only option I see is to kill them all and then find out what they have, if they are already expecting us, we should prepare for a fight.”

@Samanthe Quiwl

Rave opened her mouth to talk about counterproductiveness, then closed it again. "It occurs to me," she said, "that bringing you along, and involving the Fringe, is probably going to make this affair all end in tears. I'm sure they can sense all those possible futures. So that means we're not dead because they think they can use us or want to see what we'll do...or they plan to steal what's in our heads.

"Let's play it by ear," she said at last, with a decisive nod she almost felt. "If things escalate, we escalate things right back."

She set the autopilot and stripped off her flight suit, revealing more than a few scars -- including one impressive bite mark on her breast. A suit of Iron Skin armorweave was her standard gear for skullduggery, and she slipped into one of those, then put normal clothes on, all in the confines of the stealth transport's cockpit, with the familiarity of a longtime spacer.

Sam frowned slightly, she had looked forward to a good fight. It had been some time since she was able to unleash her frustrations upon someone's face. She paid Rave no mind as she started to play with the blasters at her side. She wanted to make sure everything was ready in case things did get sticky down there. After making sure both blasters had safeties removed and were with a full clip, she hung them back against her hips and ran a hand through her long dark hair. Her bangs hung against her face while the rest of it was tied quickly in a braid. Something lingered on her mind, but that something tended to remain there no matter what she did.

Once Rave finished Sam spoke to the woman with a hint of disappointment "Going to keep me on a leash until they decide to be stupid. I can't lie that I'm a bit upset about that, but if its for the best I'll behave." The comment about behaving caused Sam to flash the other girl a toothy grin. Sam didn't know the first thing about the word 'behave', her Master lacked discipline and assumed sorts of favors would tame the girl and keep her as a weapon. Sam was beyond primitive means and desired intellectual stimulation. Thus making her leave the shadow of her Master and venture out into space herself. She had returned from the dark recesses of Space - mostly to gather her thoughts. Now she was here, beside one of the Fringe high council members on a mission.

Sighing softly, she blew a few loose strands of hair from her face and her arms stretched over her head and then relaxed bending at the elbow behind her head. "Since you're rather important Rave, let me go in ahead of you. I'm sure they'd rather I take a few good shots over their wonderful Kaggath winner" Once more a toothy grin as Sam teased Rave over her most recent claim to fame. Giving the girl a more serious face, she questioned slightly. "So if this isn't revenge what exactly is this?"

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

@[member="Samanthe Quiwl"]

"Oh, I don't think we need to keep you on a leash - that's more your Master's department." Rave tossed Sam a lopsided grin as the ship narrowed in on the world they sought. "And my gut says you won't need to behave for too long. Feel free to take point on that, especially if you're walking in first.

"No, it's not revenge -- what it is, is recon. The Fringe and the Sorcerers of Rhand were always going to come into conflict. It was always just a matter of time. They know it, we know it. I'm sure they're as curious about us as we are about them. I'd suspect their famous Darksight is stronger if they get to know the people -- the gamepieces. My gut says this'll turn violent. What's important is what we get away with.

"Their scriptures."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom