Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Physical Distance from Susevfi to Tython?

I'm trying to figure out the physical distance between Susevfi (O-19) and Tython (L-10), but I'm having a little trouble. I've figured between 135 and 225 Parsects, but I'm not entirely sure the correct way to calculate it.

Bunker-level Normal
Depends on what it's for.

Travel time is going to depend on the needs of plot. Also, in canon Tython was in the Deep Core where hyperlanes were few and far between, meaning that one has to travel through Empress Teta and maybe a few other systems to get back to Coruscant and the rest of the major hyperlanes. Which also means navigating around the Deep Core on your way to Susevfi, for the same navigational issues there.

For communications, it might be a straighter line in, depending on how powerful your comms unit is. HoloNet infrastructure probably travels along similar lines as the hyperlanes, though, so unless you're just trying to broadcast a raw signal in or out, it would be easier to use the established systems and just pick it up on a mobile platform to compensate for the damage at Tython.

If you're hoping to add difficulty and rigor to this, the damages at Tython and the Maw's current RP control of Empress Teta could make for far slower going, or even an interruption altogether. Ships could be boarded or diverted, comm signals could be intercepted or tampered with. It really depends on your plot, but like most things in the Star Wars galaxy, the shortest distance between two points usually isn't a straight line. Zig or zag it according to the needs of your story, or roll a dice if you can't decide.

And if you just need a number for a post, make one up or guesstimate. Vague magnitudes of units ("hundreds of parsecs") often works better than trying to figure out the nitty gritty of exactly what it is.

Depends on what it's for.

Travel time is going to depend on the needs of plot. Also, in canon Tython was in the Deep Core where hyperlanes were few and far between, meaning that one has to travel through Empress Teta and maybe a few other systems to get back to Coruscant and the rest of the major hyperlanes. Which also means navigating around the Deep Core on your way to Susevfi, for the same navigational issues there.

For communications, it might be a straighter line in, depending on how powerful your comms unit is. HoloNet infrastructure probably travels along similar lines as the hyperlanes, though, so unless you're just trying to broadcast a raw signal in or out, it would be easier to use the established systems and just pick it up on a mobile platform to compensate for the damage at Tython.

If you're hoping to add difficulty and rigor to this, the damages at Tython and the Maw's current RP control of Empress Teta could make for far slower going, or even an interruption altogether. Ships could be boarded or diverted, comm signals could be intercepted or tampered with. It really depends on your plot, but like most things in the Star Wars galaxy, the shortest distance between two points usually isn't a straight line. Zig or zag it according to the needs of your story, or roll a dice if you can't decide.

And if you just need a number for a post, make one up or guesstimate. Vague magnitudes of units ("hundreds of parsecs") often works better than trying to figure out the nitty gritty of exactly what it is.
It's actually a physical straight line distance. Wookieepedia listed one coordinate difference as 15 parsecs, using the Pythagorean Theorem, I get approximately 142.3 parsecs. I also tried counting hexes, but I don't know the distance of those.

I don't know the exact distance but I can sure tell you it ain't walking distance

There isn't really a way to measure the distance on our map. Just guess the number, no one is gonna call you out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom