Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Phase I Gravitational Field Disruption Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Chaos-Canon variant of a rad utility device for use and integration into various future and current submissions.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: Gravitational Field Disruptor
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Agents of Chaos
  • Affiliation: Agents of Chaos, Closed-Market
  • Model: Phase I
  • Modularity: Yes; Can be integrated into most, if not all weapon types via an underbarrel attachment or directly built into the construction. May also be built into most types of equipment, including backpacks and bags.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Gravitational Field Disruptor Components, Micro-Power Cell Components, Power Cell Components Faraday Cage Components, Anti-Ion/EMP Construction, De-Ionizing Components
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Functions to significantly reduce the effective weight of any weapon or piece of equipment it is installed to, via the manipulation of gravity fields surrounding the object.
STRENGTHS
  • Lightweight: As a utility device, the Phase I is invaluable for its ability to make an otherwise heavy object significantly lighter in terms of weight. This grants soldiers the ability to more easily carry heavy gear over long marches, including weapons, survival gear, food, and more. In addition, the device can be easily turned off for when its effects are no longer needed or conducive to the given situation.
  • EMP and Ion Resistant: The Phase I is constructed with a number of Ion and EMP resistant materials, which are designed to dissipate the energy discharged from these sources so as to prevent the device’s failure. However, particularly powerful, close-proximity discharges are generally enough to short out the device.
WEAKNESSES
  • One Direction: Unlike a typical gravitational field disruption device, the Phase I is only optimized to function in a single direction. The device can make a given object lighter, but it can not manipulate its weight in the inverse. In effect, this means that the device can not be used to make something weightier where it would be practical to do so, such as making a weapon heavier so that recoil is less significant.
  • Heavy Mass: The device is best optimized to reduce the weight of objects that are under 45 kilograms in mass. Above that value, the device will quickly overheat, before eventually being rendered non-functional. A larger device is required to handle objects of a heavier weight.
DESCRIPTION
Conceived in 860 ABY, the Phase I Gravitational Field Disruption Module is a gravitational field disruption technology which is optimized to reduce the weight of a given object. The device can be installed on virtually any platform, but is mostly commonly utilized in weapons and some forms of heavy combat gear. However, unlike a typical gravitational field disruption device, the Phase I is only optimized to work in a single direction, towards making an object lighter. However, it executes this task far more efficiently and in a smaller form factor than a typical gravitational field disruption device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom