Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personality Inconsistency?

I'm not sure if it's because it's 25 minutes from 3 AM or not, but I feel like, especially over the last couple of weeks as I've fulfilled more threads for Faction needs, that my consistency with this Characters intrinsic personality and themes has been... diluted.

Gore is always a feature, but I feel like perhaps it is the only consistent feature of this gastropods personality. Everything else is sort of spotty.

Sometimes I play him as the innocent psychopath who just doesn't understand, other times he's more cognitive and malevolent for it. My dialogue with him is often sort of weird too, like nowadays I often over-play the use of calling everyone friends, while originally the character demeaned others with crude language.

What is your verdict on the character if you've read him before in various places?

I don't often encounter Hutts, so I can only give you a thumbs up for rolling as one... Although you're aware of my initial reaction to Hutt force-users (let alone a Sith!).

I do, however, have some feedback that you can take however you'd like.

There are few Sith that I truly enjoy reading, it's not that I don't believe others roleplay them poorly, I'm just not terribly interested in them. So that--to me--means you write Zambrano the Hutt very creativity, you do a very good job of balancing PC and NPC interactions as a writer, and do a sound job writing up a detailed and tasteful environment. If there's any criticism I can offer, it's that interacting with Z Hutt in himself could use some improvement. Outside of combat situations (or at least impending ones) I feel like he lacks a personality, he's just creepy. Make him fearsome, put some reasonableness inside the depths of his insanity.

I like him, I think it's awesome, but I just feel like what he shows on the surface is all he is. Other than that, Z Hutt is one of my most favourite characters to read. You write him so well.

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

For obvious reasons I am a fan!

There is absolutely nothing to complain about regarding the actual writing. Zambrano is a fresh flair and it is a genious stroke to use the hutt species for the role. Otherwise I think hecwould risk falling into most other sith roles around which would be a shame.
Sith are imo easy to like and enjoy but they are also.. dunno how to put it really, " common"

Everyone enjoy playing them and everyone try to make them unique, most fail at the later. You have not.

If there is any criticism I can give you it is the same you yourself adviced me. More development for the characteristics. He is awesome the way he is. In the long run howver, he might need to develop a new trait, to add more spice on top of the awesome madness and gruesomness.
For instance - perhaps he could become obsessed with gardening?

Matreya

Being one who has kept up with several of your characters, I do agree with you. The consistently changing speech is different. However, that happens. Characters/people get older and change vernacular.

Keep him up man!

I'm working on a biographical account of the Warlord of Chiloon Rift. I think I'll call it, How I Stopped Complaining and Learned to Love the Z-Hutt

Seriously, I love the way you portray your character. It's recognizable as a Sith, and yet very unique. And I'm probably just as guilty of being inconsistent, and I think we all do that to some degree in order to fit our characters into whatever the story is (dominion, invasion, skirmish, etc).

Anja Aj'Rou said:
but I just feel like what he shows on the surface is all he is.
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"], I think you should be pleased to know that something will be coming, that has been hinted at (actually no, hinting would be subtle foreshadowing, I'm basically beating people over the head with it) for some time now. So perhaps this tidbit will be resolved by the end of that! (If only [member="Sage Bane"] would reply to our duel! xD)

[member="Durza the Zealous"], a legitimate possibility for this character, but nah, not now. Zambrano the personality still has some kick to him before he kicks to hard and kicks the bucket.

[member="Mishk"], and the Student becomes the Master! :p lol, solid advice. I agree, which is where I think this criticism thread is stemming from, my own feelings that something is lacking in the character now that he's developed this far.

[member="Animus Malgus"], thanks! ^_^

[member="Damien Daemon"], yes, but I feel this inconsistency is more of a thread to thread issue. I've been involved in so many threads, I fear I may not have put enough time or thought into keeping my psychopathic dribblings consistent and unique, because I'm putting more focus on how to connect all of des threads.

[member="Boo Chiyo"], you may be right that our characters our altered slightly due to the writer attempting to ram a character down a threads throat where people want them, which dilutes the ordinary characteristics of how they would react and engage in dialogic discourse. Let me know how that book comes out ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom