Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOA Pending Departure - Return TBD

So my desktop PC recently died and doesn’t look like it can be revived. I have a laptop but it has its own situation where it rapidly dies when not getting charged. When getting charged, it overheats if I so much as get on the web browser. So it’s a vicious tradeoff every time I use it. Looks like it’s just also dying as of the past few days.

I say all this because this latest development means I’m finding it difficult to maintain roleplay as a result. I’m not in a great financial position so don’t know how long it will take to get another computer. Trying to look at a decent budget pre-build but I’m not versed and it has to be reliable because even something like $800 has to be a long-term investment for me.

I may therefore have a follow-up LOA if worst comes to worst. I’m fine with doing emails and finances etc on my phone but I am absolutely not a phone-poster lol. Tried doing roleplay on my phone and it’s just not for me. For now I’ll keep plugging through posts but wanted to let you guys know. At least with this notice, if I take longer to reply you have an idea as to why.
 
That sucks man, a lot of things require computer access nowadays. Here's hoping you're able to find what you need. In the meantime, is there a public library near you that offers free computer use? It'd be extra steps but you'd be able to use a computer without it overheating.
 
Old School Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fan and EU Devotee!
Well, Sheep-Dip!! So disappointed… But I understand at the same time - real life comes first. Whether we like it or not.

Stay safe, save up money and keep us posted as to when you come back! I hope it works out in your favor ASAP.

May the Force be with you.
 
Hadn't even heard of a bluetooth keyboard or just forgot about it lol. I'll check into that.

I'll figure something out somehow. Boring story of poor life choices and lack of self-confidence resulting in little drive and the state of the economy and here we are but so it goes.

Definitely more of a FYI and a potential LOA than actual though. We'll see what happens, just up in the air right now but I'm going to see what posts I can get out today.

Anyway I appreciate the comments and stay safe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom