Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peas in a Pod

[member="Jekai Almec"]

She was standing in the archway of the new Clan Mereel Homestead. Though it wasn't much at all right now. The barren wastes of the Ash were being cleared over time to show fertile farmland even if it was a bit burnt and crusty. Clad in her normal heavy armor she'd invited a newcomer to the place.

He'd only just come up on her radar. But he seemed to be a sibling spirit.

So she waited, arms crossed for him to arrive.

The Mandalorian known to few as 'Spades', a running joke involving a shovel and an undignified start, checked over the final entry vector on the Heads Up Display. The Fang Fighter, a craft of sleek Mandalorian design, featuring a centralized tilt wing on a rotating horizontal plane, ran purely on sublights as it entered the atmosphere. Light streams of friction and burning air came from its wingtips, easily broadcasting its entry, as the gray and dark blue fighter's inertional dampeners slowed it to a more bearable speed. He'd been invited, although he was hardly famous, to this world.

The protector's helmet glowed a faint white around the edges of the visor, the inner bit darkening in order to adjust for the varied light that shone through the cockpit. Jekai Rau, Lawman, Mercenary at Times, and Mandalorian Protector danced the fingers of his right hand over a nearby panel, the ship adjusting and hovering just shy of the farmstead. It settled, the engines faintly whining from the dusty accommodations. He cut the power, after a short system diagnostic to ensure that exfil was okay.

The man had not been painted by anti air, and slung his jetpack over his shoulder with a magnetic lock as the craft's cockpit opened. He checked his filtered water supply, and slipped a few protein bars and balanced nutritional packets into his pocket. A primary weapon would definitely be un natural as a guest, and so he slipped his Westar 35 Mandalorian Standard Issue Pistol into a drop leg holster, before disconnecting the rest of the ship parts from his gear.

The man stepped from the wing, doing the short jump down where his boots plant in the soft dirt. It was home, Mandalorian held, for Manda and country- and he rose to remove his helmet. It unsealed with a hiss, and he attached it to his pack. He was young, and un naturally pale. Likely from so much time spent in armor. His facial features were blank and passive, the discipline well earned from a lifestyle in service, as he gave a polite nod. When he spoke, the voice was flat- almost boring, sounding like it needed to be delivered through a military radio. Perhaps it did, when the primary method of communication was inter armor encrypted comms channels.

He ran two fingers over his mouth in a smile motion, before returning them to his side. The lack of a helmet being a sign of respect as a guest to this home.

"Su'cuy. Me'vaar ti gar?", he spoke- stepping forward to close the gap.He offered a clasp at her elbow, a traditional Mandalorian gesture.
(Hello. How are you)

[member="Alleria Mereel"]

[member="Jekai Almec"]

She removed her own helmet and grasped his forearm in a warriors shake. He was newer here, but she was too.

"Suc'uy Ner Vod. I am well and you? Come on in I got some drinks and food for us."

She turned, motioning him on. They were headed for a large fire that was roaring strong. Around them in the compound you could hear the sounds of Hammers falling on Beskar. The Mereels were taking up their old trade as crafter's again. She was enthused to say the least about it. At least they had their birthright back under their feet.

"So tell me which clan you're from vod. Have you been travelling long? But where are my manners. I'm Alleria Mereel. Sky Marshal and Bounty Hunter."

The man measured the shake, in whatever subtleties that may be. Firm, but welcoming. Strangely, there were differences, and first impressions could mean a lot between the clans. He followed along, only slightly to the rear and right. She had the lead.

"Jate. Ner Aliit Almec. Nayce. Pirusti urcir. Ni ukoror'etyc", he replies.
(Good. I'm from Clan Almec. No. Well met. I'm 'Spades')

"kebii'tra Al'verd?", he asks. "Mando'ad tra akaan'ade?"
(Sky Marshall?) (Mandalorian Space Fleet?)

He had, truthfully, not met many Mereels. He had spent many years in training through the various courses to become a home guard for Mandalore, and THE Mand'alor. However, while he had combat experience, it was not quite to the degree of practicality outside of the soldiering field. Bes'kar was expensive, and rare. No wonder they had set up shop here. The subtleties of why he had been invited were still lost on him, and he paid close attention to this woman, of whom he was a guest.

kfs2UsE.png

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"Well sort of.... I keep an eye on the Mando'ade Space and dispense Justice where necessary. Killing Pirates and Slavers, doing intercepts on enemy Fleets. That kind of thing. My main profession is Bounty Hunter. So I'm not always around."

They came to the fire where she took a seat on a wooden bench and set her helmet down. She had black skin, brown eyes and black hair, pulled back tight into a bun under her headset. Most folks had never seen her remove the helm.

"So I take it you are going to be a part of The Blades of Mandalore, or are you not a Jettii?"

She passed him some drink and a chunk of roasted meat from the fire. It was wolf, so not the best but it would have to do.

(Switching for ease and practicality, though it can be assumed Mando'a for both of us)

"No. I likely wont be. Don't follow in the same ideological footsteps as many people. Don't believe in the force. Prefer to avoid outsider influence of us through those customs.", he replied. "Many disagree. Say they're just tools to be used, and it's not harmful.", he says. "Not looking to argue with anybody, but I heavily disagree.", he adds. "The nature of the spirit and the Manda is a mysterious one, when it comes to the oversoul. There's a lot we don't understand. The use of outsider techniques and culture may irreparably damage the soul, or it may be just fine. I'll stick with a tried and proven custom of avoiding it, for myself.", he says.

The man sits, but politely declines the meat. He was a creature of habit, and he pulled one of the protein bars from his pocket. He filtered his own water, prepped his own food, and a gift refused was a gift that didn't have to be returned later. Perhaps he was the odd one in all this. Trust no one. Especially your friends. Verify everything.

"Thank you, but I'm on a strict repli meal plan with a balanced regimen.", he says. The man pauses, thinking a while.

"I intend to do a lot of private contracting and work. Travel around, and ensure others aren't harassing our citizens in other star systems. If a Mandalorian needs backup, I'll pop around to be a second. May extend that to field work. Not all of it has to be combat. A good citizen is involved in his or her community. After all, I live to serve the will of the Manda, and the Mandalorian way."

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"Community work is good. Though this land is about the extent of mine, unless someone else asks me to instruct their children in the ways of combat. I don't have any of my own either so that's far off. No for now I just serve in a military warden type capacity."

She thought it was odd he refused the meat. She set down her cup and took it, ripping into it. Then when she was finished she tossed the bone into the fire.

"Not all Jettii are bad in my opinion. The Rekali Clan has a ton of Witches and they have made some nice things over the years. The Clans have come to balance the way of the Manda with the ways of the force. Both have their own uses."

She gripped her cup with both hands, taking a sip.

"You grew up here or on concord Dawn?"

"Grew up on Sundari, Mandalore. Family was real political there. Didn't much approve of it.", he says.

He offers her one of his protein bars, to at least repair the bridge of initial refusal.

"Maybe. But there's a lot we don't know.", he says. The man taps his sidearm. "This is machine. Electronics. Gas. Weaponized ballistics produced through science and understanding. I know it. I know what it does. I know its affects.", he pauses. "I don't know those things with magic. It's not quantifiable. Its affects on one's soul are un known; despite thousands of years of 'study'. The magic and sorcery is ancient, and it's study consists of channeling the power through very mysterious means. Its producer, I've heard, has a will and motive of its own. Judging by wars of the past, that motive, whatever it may be, does not align with that of the Manda. Elder in nature, and incomprehensible. It's their souls they're risking. As for me, I'll steer clear. Don't want it used on me even if I'm hurt. If modern medicine can't save me, then it's my time to merge with the oversoul."

"I'll do me. They can do them."

[member="Jekai Almec"]

She nodded and declined the bar.

"No offense Vod, already full from the meat."

The cup came to her lips again and she took another draw. It was booze mixed with water. It probably was not a good idea since Mandalore was so ashy and barren now, but she loved it. It helped her feel alive and new, which was all the encouragement she needed ins an Osik time like this.

"I dont feth with the force. I believe a warriors luck is what he makes of it. Cold steel and skill. Nothing else compares."

There was still the sound of hammers falling on Beskar and forges bellows ripping air into mighty flames. she loved the smell of coals and wood burning. It mixed with the fire and the meat, reminding her of a simpler time as a child. A time before the Mando Republic wars and al the Empires of late.

"If you should ever need a hand, you know where to find me vod. I could use a strong arm in battle from time to time too. Anyhting you wanna know about me?"

Jekai Smiled, a rare occurrence with the man. "There's a lot I'd like to know about you.", he says. "What's your story? How do you feel on everything? Very homely of you to invite me.", he says.

The man sits in front of the fire, pulling out a small hand cloth from a side pocket, right next to combat application tourniquet (One kept in his right leg, and left arm pouches.) He lay it out on the ground, and began to dis assemble it. the slide racked back, power supply ejected with a fluid motion of the wrist, as the rest was broken down component by component as practiced. He listened intently to his newfound compatriot. He did certainly appreciate the offer of help.

"How'd you get to be a sky marshal?", he asks.

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"Oh Osik."

She had to pause at that one. It was a loaded question and one she didn't hear often.

"Well My story starts with a girl that ran off to the rim after her teenage years. Did a feth ton of drugs, drank a lot and generally was up to no good. Yeah I was a dirt bag running basic merc jobs and doing freelance piloting. Knocking boots with whoever I came across. But I liked it."

She took another sip.

"Until someone I really cared about got gunned down in the streets. That's when it became really clear that there was no law. They tried to treat him, but he died, and that's when my vigilante mentality kicked in I guess. You could call it a wake up call, but I cleaned up and swore to become the arm of Vengeance, of Wrath, of Justice."

She took another piece of meat off a stake and placed it into the fire, delighting in it's aroma as it roasted.

"I basically just took any bounty I could get and started killin' folks that broke my own new moral code. Which is heavily based of the Resol'Nare and Supercommando Codex. The Mandalores call went out. I got it. I came back here."

The Sky Marhsal part was another story.

"I'm the first. It's based off the Tradition of the Wardens of the Sky. Except I'm a Warden of our own skies. I guess I could kinda do an impromptu swearing in. You just have to keep your eyes on the sky and be decent at flying and zero G combat."

'Spades' visibly paused for a moment, then re assembled the weapon in silence, before placing it back in the drop leg holster. He had long ago scratched off the serial numbers on it, and took off personal identifiers on his armor. Confusion could easily be seen as his brow furrowed. He watched the fire for a moment. He thought about her offer.

"Maybe another time", he responds.

"Sounds like you had a decently hard childhood. How did you feel about the first person you killed?", he replies. "Mine was boring. Nothing special.", he says, avoiding the topic. The age old workings of an earlier instructor rang in his ear. Never volunteer information. Perhaps he'd open up with her later on things.

"So. This guy claiming Mand'alor. What's he like?", he asks, simply. "Hows he shoot, what are his beliefs? He follow the codex?"

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"Eh, my first kill was vindictive. I shot down a dude who may or may not have deserved it. He was accused but never tried. Was it right. I don’t know. But that was another lesson that brought me closer to the Supercommando Codex. Don't kill without a necessity to do so. Violence wihtout cause for the Clans is the Mark of the Weak and the Deathwatch."

She took another drink, and then a bite of meeat, the fire glowing a soft red on her ebony skin.

"I don't know much about Vilaz Munin. He managed to summon back the Clans because after all his the Mand'alor. But he is not a widely known guy. His presence is fleeting a scarcely felt in my opinion. I'm not sure what it is. Is he too busy to appear to folks, or is he too lax?"

He immediately nodded at her first gesture. "Agreed. Not about morality. Our development requires hardship and challenge. The people that get off to butchering unarmed civilians aren't mandalorians. It's unsporting.", he says. "Mercenary work puts us on the front lines every day. There's always somebody bigger and badder. Have to train constantly, and out think them.", he says, tapping the side of his head with a finger.

Jekai Almec places the cloth back in his pocket. "I hope he becomes more active soon. The winds are shifting, and there's change in the air. Reforms, and a vast shift of society with a restoration of honor.", he says. "I believe in my heart we can do it. Cut the fat from our society and get back to the small things.", he says, gripping the dirt, and letting it shift through his fingers.

"Vilaz kill the last Mand'alor?", he asks. "Honor duel and all that?"

Jekai looked her over for a moment, as if seeing her for the first time. He was invested now in the conversation, whereas he may have just been skimming along on his arrival. Armor was being forged, which was a small note. Casual production was one thing, but mass production was another. Signs on this world hinted at a vast order needing to be filled by the Military. The man plucked the knife from his boot, and began to draw in the sand. "Where are our current borders?", he asks, tracing an outline of the Mandalore sector. He extends lines to represent the Daragon trade route, Parlemennian trade route, and the nearby hydian way that passed near Taris.

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"Our borders aint big. About two sectors on the starmap, with this being an independent conquest. Yeah it is not an ideal situation. The Current Mand'alor as far as I know did not kill the last one, but bested him in a duel."

She took another bite, eyes glazed and reflecting the embers of the roaring fire.

"Better of with him whether he is here in person or not. Ra was an animal. Killed for killings sake, drove us to take up arms against the Republic for a cause that was already settled from what I understand. He went somewhere else after that. No ones really seen him since. Ever heard of the Raxis Clan?"

"Agreed. From what I hear, Vilaz is not a believer in the force religion, and stays true to his Mandalorian heritage. From the sounds of it, Ra wasn't nearly so willing to face his death as he'd have others believe. Alternately, he was spared by Vilaz.", he says, in thought.

"Credit where credit is due. I have not heard about the Raxis clan. What are they like? Where do your goals and aspirations lie for the next ten years?", he asks, finishing up his protein and supplement bars. He throws the wrapper in the fire. He had many questions, and many things that needed recounting in order to bring him up to speed on current events. "What is the status of our home system?"

He listened briefly to the clanging of hammers on beskar, as perhaps some lights illuminated the camp with the passing of dusk into the night. It seemed the forges did not sleep. Perhaps they were in shifts.

[member="Jekai Almec"]

"I'm not a Raxis. I'm a Mereel. Their A'lor is [member="Ardgal Raxis"] now I believe."

She paused.

"Reason I asked is a bit more history. Some of the Raxis clan are disgraced. Well in particular Eliza Raxis, a wandering ship captain. She's had to atone for her brother Jack Raxis' sins. He turned against Ra, thought he was a monster too."

She took another bite of her meat, and then began stripping the bone down into a sharp point with a combat knife.

"Well Jack tried to kill Ra but failed. Then he fled and was hunted down. Gray Raxis their clan A'lor at the time got his hand cutt off as repayment. Can't say whether I'm on one side of the fence or the other on that. That was before my rejoining the Clans. Now if you're looking for a warrior clan, they are a decent bunch. Strong warriors."

She paused again, and stuck the bone into her belt. Might make a decent piece of jewelry or weaponry later....

"Stay away from the Rekalis or the Verds with your mentality. They are all force usin' folk. Mereel, Vaun and a few others all have opening though. Your choice."

"Not interested in joining any other clans, save Rau. I'll stick to my own, and on my own.", he says.

He returns his helmet to his head, allowing it to click into place. The man stands to his feet, and brushes himself off.

"I appreciate your hospitality, and thank you for the history lesson. The Manda is the oversoul. Belief in anything but that is to deny its existence, and ones merging with the oversoul. It's un Mandalorian. I appreciate the invitation to your family, as well as Vaun. As for Verd and Rekalis, I've got no business with pretenders. No need to go out of my way for that nonsense.", he pauses.

The man looks to his fang fighter.

"Anyway. Best of luck to you. Appreciate your invitation. Should you need me, here's my comm information", he says.

It was a much longer walk than he had anticipated to his fighter, or at least it felt that way. What was normal was a different tune, and his very traditional and conservative values would earn him few friends. He had hoped he may not have soured relations with one of the few people who had invited him for dinner- but common sense dictated that he had. He stepped onto the wing, and plopped into his vessel. The light yellow hue of the engines and sublights whined to life, expelling sand and other particles from his intake valve.

The craft lifted lazily up into the night sky and departed, growing smaller into an insignificant speck on the horizon before it was gone entirely.

'Spades', was on his way to finding a good paying job, and there was a large universe to go find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom