Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Pearl of The Flame Matriarch

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a very powerful, multipurpose Saber Crystal
d9f0t6k-7ef4fc3d-8806-408c-8888-3f517391bc90.png
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Cidd Cinndurr (Deceased)--Original Incarnation of Syd Celsius
  • Affiliation: Laertia Io
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Yes (Can be installed in other weapons)
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Lava Crystal
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber crystal
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Color: Burning Orange with black at the center
  • Resistances: (When uninstalled in weaponry. When installed in certain weapons, the crystal takes on properties that reflect the weapon's purpose, be it melee or ranged)
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Flame: Extreme
    • Cryo: None
    • Magic: Average
    • Telepathy: Low
    • Dark Side: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES

Lightsaber Crystal of incredible power whose primary purpose is to imbue a weapon with deadly incendiary effects. Even if the weapon is not specifically a lightsaber, it can still enhance it.

Grants powerful resistance to certain damage types uninstalled

Any Force Light generated by Laertia while grasping it can be focused through it, and will possesses incendiary effects on any Dark Sider it is shined upon.

STRENGTHS

Furnace: In any weapon its installed, the damage output of the weapon becomes insane.

Due to its magical, incendiary effects, any weapon bearing this crystal becomes capable of severely damaging most common lightsaber resistant materials and even alchemized materials, though the latter requires more attacks

Protective: When Uninstalled in a weapon, it is still capable of protecting Laertia from a number of damage types as long as it is equipped.

Holy Light: Channeling Force Light through the crystal imbues it with incendiary effects that damage only dark aligned creatures and objects, and badly injure Dark Spirits

WEAKNESSES

Force Voids: You guessed it, it will not function in a Force Void

Water: Exposure to water shuts the crystal down for a short number of minutes either installed in a weapon or not

Clingy: Due to containing the remaining spiritual fragments of Syd Celsius's first incarnation, the crystal is..."clingy" for lack of a better word. If seperated, it will float itself back to her. If she uses it too often in its unexposed state, there is a chance that the fragments of Cinndur will start trying to influence her mentally...

DESCRIPTION

The Pearl of The Flame Matriarch is a very ancient and powerful enchanted Lava Crystal, created by Syd Celsius's original incarnation, Cidd Cinndurr, an exiled Jedi after stealing heretical Flame Magics from a long dead Darth Maranon. Taking a single Lava Crystal, she embued it with as much arcane energy as she dared, creating an extremely powerful Saber Crystal in the process. Haunted since the time of her Knighting by a Force Bond to Laertia that defied Time and Space, Cidd forged the crystal as much for herself as the knowledge Laertia would own it someday and would need its protection.

Last edited:
Laertia Io Laertia Io - To kick off my review of this submission, I just wanted to mention that there are some clerical errors that need to be addressed. The first being the information typed out in the Permissions and Primary Source fields of the OOC section. If there is nothing that's to be posted there, I would ask that you change that information to "Not Applicable" or "N/A." In addition, I would also ask that you add "Out of Character Information" to the top of the submission, as that is a part of the template and ideally shouldn't be removed.

From there, as per Factory standards a Manufacturer will need to be hyperlinked in order for this submission to be ready for approval. While I understand that the intent is to have the original creator of this submission be an NPC that was involved in your character's story in some fashion or another - We still require a Character or Company to be hyperlinked. My suggestion here, would be to add your character to the Manufacturer line and add a link to their profile. To ease the editing process, I've included a link for you.

When it comes to your Ratings, they're presently balanced. However, I believe the last three ratings could be folded into a single rating with some minor adjustments. Naturally, this is a suggestion as Magic definitely works as a narrative keyword to explain what the Force is, and how it operates. But, Magic doesn't really seem to fit into Factory as a defined balancing metric So, I'll leave that up to you if you wanted to replace it with the more universe appropriate "Force" nomenclature.

Now, as we get into the Special Features... this is where I'm having difficulties giving your submission the thumbs up after those aforementioned edits are made. The potential and capabilities you've listed in the Special Features and Strengths sections alone have made this more than just a powerful lightsabre crystal. In my opinion, it's become an overpowered one that needs to be pared down - or split into two different submissions. I would highly recommend pursuing the latter option while editing this submission to be solely about the Lightsabre crystal.

While uninstalled, kills all pain and enables Laertia to teleport at much greater distances, up to being able to travel across a continent with extreme concentration.

The special feature listed above is one of the few reasons why I believe this submission should be split into two. A Kyber Crystal that's meant to operate in a Lightsabre should boost the properties of the plasmatic blade in some fashion or another, rather acting as a Force-imbued hybridized focus that also increases the Wielder's capabilities. So, if that is a path you'd like to pursue - please let me know, and we can get started accordingly. If not, then we'll continue with the review.

Thanks for your time, and please message me if you've made any edits or with your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom