Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Peacemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak Amroth

Z
VkiBQp7.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Particle Beamer
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cells
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Imbued
  • Stun Setting
  • Sensor Scattering Properties
STRENGTHS
  • Forcebreaker
  • Explosive Shot
  • Saber Buster
WEAKNESSES
  • Chamber Reload
  • Loud and Proud
  • Gun Fever
DESCRIPTION

Don't ask how he made it, cause Zak sure doesn't know.

Peacemaker is one of a kind. When the Sheriff of Terminus stumbled across an ancient cache of Force artifacts on one of his tomb raids, he unwittingly activated a relic which effectively downloaded the instructions for its creation into the Judge's mind. Compelled to fulfill the relic's apparent purpose lest its knowledge slowly drive him mad with its insistence, the result was a force imbued particle beam blaster of unknown origin. As soon as it was complete the compulsion faded and along with it any knowledge of how the weapon actually works.

It seems strange that an aeons old datacron would contain schematics for something as modern as a blaster. Zak's more intelligent acquaintances have theorized that the instructions for what type of weapon would be produced were generalized and the Sheriff's unconscious mind selected a gun. Early tests of the weapon met with...mixed results but over time he learned how to properly focus his will through the crystal within to imbue each blast with destructive Force energy.

Just like a lightsaber, the hand cannon is attuned to the Judge who wields it. It works best in his hands and he can sense it from far away. Pale yellow bolts which are unstable but powerful cannot easily be deflected by a lightsaber as they tend to cause a low yield explosion on contact.

MODIFICATIONS 3/23/20
  • Updated image source.
  • Fixed formatting and ratings.
  • Modified gun into a particle beam revolver.
  • Overhauled special features, strength/weaknesses, and description.

Last edited by a moderator:
[member="Zak Amroth"],

Gun that fires the Force in an energy bolt. Interesting.

Questions for you
  1. How would this affect other force related artifacts if struck?
  2. Does this force usage depend upon the users alignment? Such as the weapon doing Light Side of the force damage when wielded by a Light sider?
  3. You mention sensor scattering properties, but dont have it anywhere else listed in the submission?

Zak Amroth

Z
[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Yeah it's an out there idea. I'll do my best to clear up how I'm approaching the balance on this one.

1. That is a very interesting question and one I hadn't entirely considered. I am tempted to stick to my guns and say 'the same thing as if a las bolt hit one' but I made it more powerful against Force barriers so it seems like something should be going on there. Probably a small (grenade level) explosive reaction? Nothing that would damage a powerful relic but enough to shatter minor imbuements and stuff.

2. I briefly considered something more like Force Light rounds that were extra harmful to darksiders, but to be honest Zak isn't the kind of Jedi who would use regular Force Light. So no there is no change based on how you use the Force. Like a lightsaber it is just a powerful tool, the shots are destructive for the same reason a bolt is and should possess the same characteristics/drawbacks except for where the submission explicitly says otherwise.

3. There is nothing high tech about the gun blacking out sensors in itself. But graphite is a less common material for firearms and through a purely physical analysis the gun shouldn't be able to do what it does. What I meant was that most standard weapon scanners would see it, but they wouldn't know to register it as a weapon.

[member="Zak Amroth"],

Since you mention it can damage barriers and smaller artifacts and the like, go ahead and add that into the Strengths. Likely would fit with your first weakness as "Force Cannon." Just so then if someone else looks at it, its all in one place.

The gun only fires bolts of the force, but acts like say, Telekinesis, where it isn't inherently light, or dark sided. Its just the ability of the weapon itself. Got yah.

Since it doesn't have conventional weapon parts, the weapon wouldn't be registered as one when matched against systems that look for weapons. Because it doesn't resemble anything conventional. Go ahead and add that into the submission somewhere, doesn't have to be a strength as I would rarely see this ever come up.

Overall, I like the idea. Just be extremely careful with this since its toeing the line with other weapons that are banned. Otherwise, I think this is fine.

Zak Amroth

Z
[member="Vigil Rostu"]

The barrier was already in there but I've appended the Force Cannon strength with minor artifacts. Also expanded on the end of the description to include those specifics about its camouflage properties. I appreciate you taking the interest and helping me refine some aspects that I hadn't fully considered. Its Force connection is meant to serve as more fluff than anything and in 99% of circumstances I am sure I will treat it exactly like a regular blaster.

[member="Zak Amroth"],

Oh yes. I know you treat most things with respect and have no problems with you having this. However, just saying it for prosperity sake, and just to make sure that if anyone else reads this, its understood.

Either way, Enjoy the Peacemaker Sheriff. Just don't shoot any Deputies with it. ;)

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom