Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pay the Piper

db5791e045c23b4df5b8c5f5c3110d51730763b1.png

//: Paying the Price //:
//: Dromond Kaas //:
//: Base Gym //:
//: Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
After getting clearance to start being a bit more physical, Allyson took the opportunity to stretch her legs a bit at the gym on base. Hopefully, there was some equipment that she as familiar with. The gym back on Coruscant felt like it had everything, from free weights to machines, also sparring rings for when people decided to really stretch their limits. Allyson felt a hint of a smile spread across her face as she entered the building and gave them the number she still had from her Rae identification card. Nodding to the clerk at the front, she continued into the large facility.
Along the walls, free weights and others like it rested in another part of the gym cardio, and game courts were aligned filled with people from the base. In actuality, Allyson felt at home; the only difference was - it wasn’t home. She still suffered from the nightmare of her betrayal, Ryv and Loske’s face still haunted her. How was she going to fix everything? No answer came to her, but the built-up frustration would find its way into a punching back somewhere.
Her casual attire was perfect for the gym, the white t-shirt, and slightly loose joggers ensured that she was going to be able to move freely on the sparring mat. A few others were lingering on the large mat, it seemed that they were all recruits of some sort. Allyson glanced over her shoulder, checking on the other girls, they all bore a similar attire with the same insignia. She remembered seeing it before, but honestly, she couldn’t quite place it. Attention returned to her own workout, she taped up her hands and wrist, then slowly stretched every muscle she could. A few in place, calisthenics brought her heart rate up.
Everything felt good, and the wound she had sustained previously wasn’t bothering her too much anymore. Taking in a deep breath, the Corellian closed her eyes and tried to center herself. Finding the center of balance within the Force and herself was important - it meant she was able to maintain her sanity just a bit longer. Hands clasped together as if she as praying at the same time she inhaled. With her exhale, she pushed her hands away together until they opened with her palms facing outward. The Corellian continued the process a few more times until she felt at ease.
The punching back became her target, and a few quick punches followed by a high roundhouse kick completed the small combination. She repeated it a few times till the motion felt smooth, then shifted gears. Her body moved as if to dodge an oncoming attack, she rolled her shoulder into the attack and then countered with the same combination as she had practiced. Everything was coming back to her, and it felt good.

"Final ten! Put all of your energy into them! One! Two! Three! Four!"

The small group of Valkyries had been split up in groups of two, one wearing boxing pads while the other rapidly punched them. It was clear all of them had been training for a good while now as they displayed the effects, from sweating to heavy breathing. They had been training under their Matriarch, Darth Avacyn, today, though not on the Serran for a change. The dreadnought was being used in an operation and as such unavailable for regular training, so instead Avacyn had opted to use a gym on Dromund Kaas instead.

"Five! Six! Seven!"

The Sith Lady was most certainly
dressed for the environment and her red locks were tied up in a ponytail, much like how the other women with longer hair had it. An hour and a half had passed since the training had started, and Avacyn was satisfied with how much the students had done since then.

"Eight! Nine! Ten! Solid performance, everyone. You're dismissed."

The group began storing away the equipment they had used today before taking their leave. While they did so, Avacyn herself contemplated staying for a little longer to work up her own sweat and looked towards the row of punching bags. An eyebrow rose and after looking closer, she was quite certain that she was, in that moment, sharing the gym with Allyson Locke. That Allyson Locke. Vaylin Vaylin had told the redhead all about her and the things that had happened between the Corellian and Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps , which hadn't done her any favors.

Avacyn's demeanor turned a little more stoic as she made her way towards the punching bags. She claimed the one next to Allyson's and began stretching, creating the impression that she was looking to do no more than get a few hits in. After a single deep breath, her fists hit the bag with a one-two punch. Though the punches didn't seem out of the ordinary, the bag swung, and far. Avacyn simply caught it, unbothered by the weight crashing into her palms as she stopped it dead in its tracks.

Her head then turned towards Allyson, looking at her like nothing was wrong, though her words told the Corellian more than enough to understand what was going on.

"I assume the Lord Inquisitor is a little busy at the moment?"

Allyson paused when the other woman decided to walk up, she kept her sense of preservation about her. She was still deep in Sith territory, but this time as a known spy and now turncoat. The thought of it all was always something to try and get used to, but without the Empire - she had nowhere to go. Allyson mused over that thought - she knew of a few places she could hide, but it only brought danger to those she wanted to keep safe. In the Empire, she could do something to keep those that were still on her side out of danger.
The woman began her routine, and Allyson returned to the simple combination, one that was taught early in one’s training of Teras Kasi. Not wanting to call attention to herself, Allyson had kept her attacks light, only wanting to focus on the muscle memory of the moves. Her time in the medbay and dealing with recovering her own assets from Alliance space had taken a toll on her body. She caught her bag as the show of Force from the redhead caught her attention. The move was intentional, and Allyson remembered where she had seen the woman.
Back at a bar, she recognized her being someone close to Vaylin - well close enough to go bar hopping with. It meant that the information of her and the Lord Inquisitor might have slipped between those Zabrakian lips. Allyson felt her stomach tighten as she rested her forehead against the punching bag. Times like this the Corellian wondered how she was still alive and why she couldn’t keep it in her pants. As she closed her eyes, she remembered those smoldering amber eyes. Biting the tip of her thumb, Allyson reminded why she couldn’t keep it in her pants.
Oh, Force help me.
Allyson pushed away from the bag as Kaalia brought her attention back to the Corellian. Looking from behind the bag, Allyson shrugged. “She is the Lord Inquisitor, so I assume she’s quite busy. Ever since I arrived, she’s found herself behind on her work.” A smirk, that goddamn cocky Corellian smirk, followed by an even more triggering sly wink. “Can’t blame her, though.”
Allyson wanted to kick her in the face, but a part of Allyson, the more Corellian side, cheered and hyped her up. Oh, what world of pain has the poor woman brought upon herself.

First, there was Allyson's response. The reason why the Lord Inquisitor was behind on her work was left up to the imagination, though it wasn't particularly difficult to connect the dots. The Corellian clearly didn't feel much in the way of remorse, but her intonation and even more so that smirk followed by a wink, which may as well have been a signed death wish, properly drove home the point that a lack of remorse was one of the least offending of Allyson's views on the matter. Suddenly, Kaalia wasn't satisfied sticking to the punching bag any longer. Simply walking up and slapping the taste out of the Corellian wasn't the way to go, however.

"Of course. Oh, I ought to introduce myself," the redhead replied, "I wouldn't want to be so rude as to keep my name from you." Though on the surface her voice carried no hostility, there were subtle undertones that made the words a little more uneasy. Words were powerful, and over the years she had perfected the art of speech.

"I am Darth Avacyn. Darth Moirai, you likely know her as Vaylin, told me all about you." Despite the heavy implications, she remained perfectly calm as though she wasn't aware of any kind of wrongdoing. "You are quite the sparring partner, I've heard." Kaalia stepped away from the punching bag and took a step towards Allyson, though only a small one to make sure there still was some distance between the two.

"Say, how about we take it to the mat? I'm looking for a bit of a challenge, a punching bag can't strike back after all." Though the woman certainly sounded like she was asking politely, her body language told Allyson a different story. She wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Allyson smirked as she listened to the introductions of the other woman. As much as her front was on display, internally, the Corellian was freaking out. She thought she was going to have a tough time with the Alliance coming for her head, but it seemed that there were those in the Empire who wanted it. The woman before her knew Vaylin. Allyson drew the conclusion that this had to do with her illicit affair with a certain Echani. How many people actually knew of her affair? The question burned through her mind like hot iron, she would have to prepare herself because Vaylin seemed to be a liked among the other Darths.
“Oh, so you and Vaylin are friends, cool...cool...cool.” Allyson continued to curse her misfortune internally and her undying thirst for Echani. Her lust always got the best of her and, in this case, is going to get her probably killed. Sighing softly, Allyson took a step back and waved her hands in front of her. She had just gotten out of the medward; she didn’t have any plans of going back so soon. “Vaylin is so kind to have shared my uh existence with you. But we’re cool now, her and I. So no hard feelings on either end.” Allyson nodded and took another few steps back.
She looked at her wrist to pretend like she was looking at a watch. Kaalia looked strong, she could just feel the power oozing off of her. It had been some time since she felt this raw type of power; even when fighting Vaylin, she sensed the woman holding back on her. Exhaling softly, Allyson shrugged and shook her head. “Look at the time, I’m sure the Lord Inquisitor is trying to figure out where I’ve run off to or something like that.” A small salute with her fingers and Allyson moved to leave the mat.

"Oh no, I have nothing to do with your, how shall I call it," Kaalia said as she rubbed her chin, "quarrel. Your quarrel with Vaylin. Though the last time I spoke with her she didn't seem too 'cool' with you."

The facade was slipping just a little and Kaalia could smell blood in the water. Allyson didn't react too positively to the fact the redhead was a friend of Vaylin's, giving off an intimidated vibe. The obvious and pitiful attempt to quickly put a bow on the topic only served to amuse Kaalia, even if it meant she'd have to put in a little more effort to coerce the Corellian to do what she wanted. It didn't seem the subtle approach would work too well, though, so the woman figured that she'd have to get a little more blunt from here on out.

Allyson's more blatant attempt to get out of the situation was enough of a reason for Kaalia to apply that harsher strategy. The brunette was getting a little desperate. A bit too harsh of a reaction in the eyes of the redhead, she wasn't looking to seriously injure her. All Allyson needed was to learn a simple lesson, that actions have consequences and that some of them can come out of left field. Every step she took to create distance between herself and Kaalia was met by one of the Kro Varian.

"Are you really going to use that as your excuse to get away from me?" Kaalia's tone shifted dramatically. She didn't sound innocent anymore, it was now quite clear she saw right through the Corellian. "For a spy, you're doing quite a terrible job at lying right now." The woman smiled, her amusement now visible. This wasn't the Allyson she had been told about.

"I promise you'll be able to walk out of her on your own two feet," Kaalia said with the aim to reassure. "I just need to get my practice in, surely you could help me out?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom