Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Paul", Jonyna's Kyber-Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um9wLtZ.png

58tHM5w.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To design a Lightsaber Pistol for Jonyna
  • Image Source: Power Rangers Time Force
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Fang
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Rara Gowisi Rara Gowisi
  • Affiliation: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: Modified GAB-34 Fang
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material:
    • Songsteel
    • Dallorian Alloy
    • Purified Kyber Crystal
    • Reinforced Duraplast
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Kyber Powered Blaster Pistol
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Force Empowered Blaster Bolts
  • Ammunition Capacity: Large
    • Power Cell (100)
    • Gas Canister (200)
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Extremely High
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Blinded by the Light: Paul is designed around a purified kyber crystal, retrieved during a battle with Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr off one of his sabers. This allows Jonyna to channel the Force into her bolts.
  • Terrifying Visage: The blaster's design is intentionally made to resemble that of a Krayt Dragon, giving those who see it a warning of it's power.
STRENGTHS
  • Kyber Power: The bolts fired from Paul are infused with the will of the crystal, making it so defending against them with Force abilities is much more difficult. Abilities such as Telekinesis or Tutaminis must contend against the will of the crystal, as well as the will of Jonyna herself to manipulate the bolts.
  • Light-Blaster: Paul is, more or less constructed with a similar internal design as a lightsaber. It's bolts have an equivalent power to that of a lightsaber blade, and thus are incredibly deadly.
  • Fully Auto: Paul has three settings. Semi-auto, burst fire, or fully auto. When on Full auto, Paul unloads at much the same speed as a high end blaster cannon, as a way to completely overwhelm opponents.
WEAKNESSES
  • Bonded: Paul is designed to function pretty much only for Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , anyone else using the blaster would find a pretty nice paperweight.
  • Overheat: The blaster, should it be fired in full auto, will quickly overheat. This is a problem that the designers knew going into the concepting stage.
  • Low Capacity: Despite it's massive output, the blaster is still just a pistol. It's only designed for regular blaster pistol canisters, and thus you'll be lucky to get a few bursts in before you have to reload.
DESCRIPTION
After her fight with Darth Malum, Jonyna acquired and purified one of his sabers. Rather than make yet another saber, Jonyna decided to redesign one of her blasters to function as a massively powerful blaster that would counter dark side users.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Hello, I have been discussing this with John and well always fun to see thing like this cause it lets me flex among the other judges.

That being said this can be done but this is not how it will be able to be. Discussing it with John we went over logistics for it and came away with one solid way to direct lightside force energy.

The is way is not it but I'll help with getting it made the way if you want. Or you can ditch the lightside energy and a kyber enhanced blaster is easily approved.

For lightside usage the Force Light generally needed to be focused through several jedi to form a Wall of light. There were rare exceptions for singular jedi able to do it like Nomi or even a Neti. THis is closer to a Neti's Beam of light which was able to be powerful.

If you are wanting to channel the lightside it will need to within the blaster itself mirror a wall of light which means several focusing crystals that will contain and channel the power.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Given that the blaster is unique, I don't see how having several crystals, functionally, changes the effect.

The idea is to make is something similar to the Caster Gun, using the kyber to channel Jonyna's force powers into blaster bolts, allowing for various effects. Given both jedi and sith use lightsabers and force imbued swords on Chaos to do much the same, I'm a little confused why doing something similar with a blaster pistol is any different.

I'd love to hear what John had to say, as I'm curious what the hold up here is. I wanted to specifically avoid using Force Light, as it's a power that gets used a lot by other writers, and I don't want Jonyna learning it any time soon, as she's already got plenty of other tools in her Force Power Toolbox.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

John Locke — Yesterday at 4:20 PM
That doesn't seem canon to me

I worked with it discussing how it could be done and has been done. As you are not wrong, channeling effects through a saber on chaos has been done plenty and with lightsaber rifles/blasters off the banlist firing saber like shots is entirely possible. A caster gun is always fun to make and a personal favorite of mine to make. I am all for it. For using kyber enhanced shots is one thing and easily approved. It is the purification effects and making shots of lightside energy which makes it sound like force light.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms I guess looking it over it does seem like Force Light. The intention of that was to prevent Sith from just telekinesis-ing the bolts out of mid-air like Kylo Ren, or using Tutaminis to just absorb them, as that's exactly what happened with Jonyna's fight with Malum to acquire the crystal to begin with, and she likes doing the Tony Stark thing where she overcomes previous mistakes with new gear.

Maybe I could rewrite it to just prevent dark side manipulation of the bolts? I'm kinda at a loss of how to rework that to not be Force Light, as Force Light is a very broad ability.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

That could be done. It order to avoid it sounding like force light I would avoid the purification or lightside energy angle. Kyber enhanced shots are easily done and no matter how you right it. THe one you are facing determines the damage to themselves so even if manipulating it is nearly impossible.... near improbable they could still do it. They could deflect with their saber a blast from the death star if they so choose.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Submission Name: Taam's Force Imbued Greatsword, Kta Dom Lya
Link to Submission: Here.
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Fix Image

Submission Name: Taam's Armored Jacket

Submission Name: "Paul", Jonyna's Kyber-Blaster

Submission Name: Liz, Jonyna's Je'daii Blade