Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pathways of Power

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Aris Noble Aris Noble

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"You and I are artists... Martial artists. Control is very important for Martial arts. Restraint isn't fun. But it's imperative to learn Control. Both Emotional and Physical. It's more important to master self control in all it's aspects than to have the ability to dominate others. Controlling others shows strength, but true power lies in controlling yourself. Try to use a little bit more of physical force when you attack. Think of it as a percentage... How much power are you using now?" Braze asked as he tapped about working on his foot work as he tried to circle around the back of Aris as he spoke.

Braze faced significant challenges in mastering control, struggling across many aspects to maintain it effectively. This became a focal area for improvement, particularly through activities like tightrope walking and pushing his body to its limits through extreme stretching. These disciplines demanded not only gradual and diligent progression but also a high degree of precision, balance, and body awareness.
Maintaining control under pressure, managing physical responses, and executing precise movements are crucial for success and safety in both tightrope walking and extreme stretching. It was often a difficult and painful process for Braze to push his boundaries to new levels.
Concerning Aris, Braze was uncertain about offering help, mindful that Aris might reject his assistance or deem it unnecessary, as had happened before.

"In Echani Martial Arts and Teräs Käsi, control is especially important. These styles emphasize precision, grace, and the use of an opponent's strength against them, which requires high levels of control and discipline. Certain techniques require measured application of force. "

xiqfVVX.png

"I've been learning control since I woke, you know. Without it even simple things like drinking from a cup can end with the cup shattering." He didn't respond to a percentage, though. How could he know, if he didn't know his full strength? Aris mirrored his footwork. Not exact, but by his eyes, by how close he was watching, he was learning rapidly just how it worked. All to keep Braze in view at least. He didn't strike again, not just yet. Each step though seemed to be building something, like a spring's tension increasing little by little as he started to understand more and more on just how to move this way.

"Calm, control, into an explosive strike. That is how my family fights. That is how the Epicanthix fight. We are warriors, too, Braze. I don't want to have to control myself so I can learn the limits of what I can do, control more than what's necessary." Then he brought a foot down. The ground cracked under an immense pressure as he slipped forward, the spring finally sprung. He threw a single punch, one that would never reach Braze as it stopped just shy of hitting whether he moved or blocked, and with it the field of petals were abruptly blown away, scattering from the pressure just from his punch alone.

"If I'm going to keep you and the others safe, I need to know what I can do."

Braze Braze

Braze halted his movements, stepping out of his stance to focus entirely on Aris. As the wind swept past him, he remained rooted in place, his unmoving figure contrasting with the swirling petals that danced around him, tousling his snowy white hair. For a brief moment, silence enveloped them.

"You truly are amazing, Aris," Braze finally spoke, his soft jade green eyes taking on a subtle, silvery glow as they seemed to shift, imbued with an unusual depth. Though his expression remained inscrutable, his gaze was fixed on Aris. "Thank you for honoring me and showing me respect."

With a graceful motion, Braze brought his feet together and raised both hands, channeling his inner strength to manipulate his paralyzed arm and hand. With precision, he executed a cordial bow, bending low in a gesture of profound respect.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked in surprise. He stood there, watching Braze for a moment before clearing his throat and smiled. He did blink as he saw Braze's other arm move, though. There was a question to ask for that, but he didn't want to ask it just yet. Instead he returned the bow, dipping his head respectfully in the process. "I always want to show you respect. .. I'm just glad you understand now."

Braze Braze

Braze locked eyes with Aris as he straightened up.

He fell oddly still. Aris's eyes did not deceive him; though Braze moved his left arm with a sort of grace, it returned to his side, going limp once more.

The weight of Braze's thoughts was evident only in his eyes. "I'm not certain I am the best partner for you. I don't think I can offer the kind of challenge you're looking for," Braze concluded, his voice tinged with doubt. He found himself at a loss for how to proceed with Aris, unsure of how to bridge the gap between them.

He decided that his advice was unnecessary when it came to Aris, resolving to refrain from assuming he could offer any real help. Aris was smart, capable, strong, and well-educated. There was little point in Braze attempting to offer him any form of instruction or guidance; it would likely come across as unwanted and annoying.

Perhaps it was just okay to acknowledge this and just be.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris's expression fell then, to a more somber smile. He could only offer a nod. He wasn't sure what to say in response now. It made sense. The Epicanthix was used to it, of course. There were plenty of his fellow younglings back when he'd first joined in that he couldn't train or spar with. Too strong, too advanced. Too dangerous. He stood there, awkwardly, muddling over his thoughts.

".. Okay."

Braze Braze

A sudden gust of wind picks up, causing the petals to swirl around them in a mesmerizing display. Amidst the swirling petals, a distant rumble of thunder echoes through the sky, hinting at an approaching storm. The once serene scene is now tinged with an air of eminence as dark clouds gather on the horizon, casting ominous shadows across the landscape.

Braze looked at the wind looking surprised as well it wasn't his own manipulation... he frowned looking at the storms in the distance. Whatever he was about to say seemed to go away. a sudden volley of water fell from the sky soaking Braze through as heavy raindrops fell. The clouds came in un naturally fast. Sheet lightning lit up the sky and something was up in the cloud layers that was momentarily illuminated by the lightning flashes. Braze just sort of stared in awe.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"Spring showers."

Aris followed Braze's gaze. He stood unperturbed by the rain, just keeping the same almost somber smile on his face as he did. There was no doubt he could still make friends with those around him, but it was getting more and more clear that he would never truly be one of them. He was too different, wasn't he? His eyes flicked between the flashes of lightning.

He was counting them. He could keep up, see each flash as it came. Could Braze or anyone else count the lightning? Was this something normal? He wasn't sure, but even this had shown that the answer might actually be no.

"I'm going to go get out of the rain. .. Thank you, for the spar."

Braze Braze

"Okay then..." Braze said his tone soft and subdued as he glanced back to Aris.

He still had some work to do. He wouldn't be heading inside. And what more he was sure he saw something in the sky something Braze looked for again turning his gaze upwards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom