Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Path of the Jedi

OOC: Please post all OOC comments http://starwarsrp.net/topic/3460-path-of-the-jedi-ooc/#entry63974]here[/url].

IC: The blast doors hissed open providing Jedi Master Faye Ward with access to the bridge. Beyond the main view port the blue and white swirl of hyperspace could clearly be scene. Men and women scurried about their duties tending to one thing or another and amidst it all stood the tall, broad shouldered figure of Captain Ian McKenna.

"Captain McKenna, what have you to report," she asked, walking up behind the man.

"Nothing so far, Ma'am. Ship systems are all running at peak efficiency. Guess we can count ourselves lucky this old rust bucket still remembers how to fly." He glanced down at a datapad he held in his hand and keyed in a few commands into the device, "There are a few irregularities, though. Lights flickering in the port wing, strange noises, unusual readings. It's probably nothing, but we'll keep an eye on it."

If a few broken lights and weird noises were the extent of their worries then Faye would almost consider them blessed. After all it wasn't that long ago when they discovered this ship floating around on the outer rim, damaged and in ill need of repair. The vessel had to have been centuries old if not longer, but shortly after its discovery the Republic retrofitted it with upgraded technology then gifted it to the Jedi. From there it was placed under her command and Faye did not relish this new assignment at all. She wanted to be out on the front lines not coddling young Jedi and preparing them for battle, but it wasn't her place to question the will of the Council.

"Very well, how long until we arrive at our destination?"

The Captain checked his chrono. "We'll be at New Holstice in about three hours. Got someone in mind there you're hoping to pick up?"

Faye nodded. "The Council's received word of a gifted young boy along with a request for training," she explained, "While we're there we'll be keeping our eyes open for any other potentials." She glanced down at her datapad and perused the long list of planets she was ordered to visit. "Have our Jedi recuitment teams on standby. I want them to depart the moment we're in system."

"Copy that, Ma'am, anything else?"

Faye thought about that for a moment then shook her head. "No, that'll be all, Captain. If you need me I'll be in my quarters."

She turned on her heel then and walked off the bridge and as the blast doors slid shut behind her Ian grumbled quietly to himself and turned back to look out the main viewport.

"Well," he said to no one in particular, "this has got to be the biggest cakewalk in the galaxy. I wonder who I pissed off to get this assignment..."

"I didn't realise this ship was so big," Felicity said aloud after she realized she'd gotten herself lost. When she was asked to accompany the Skywalker on its mission she practically jumped at the chance. She knew it was a Jedi Praxeum ship and that it meant more training but visions danced inside her head of far away worlds and adventure. Hell, just exploring the ship was exciting enough, she'd never been on one so big before.

"Excuse me," she said, stopping one of the Republic personnel who happened to pass her by, "where can I find the Padawan's quarters?"

The woman thought about that a moment then pointed back down the hallway from where she came. "Follow this corridor down to the first left then take the turbo lift down three decks."

"Thank you," Felicity said and she hurried down the hallway in the direction the woman indicated.

This ship utterly fascinated her, when they found it it was an ancient relic. What wars this ship had seen or the people who crewed it only her imagination could say for sure. Truth be told much of the ship's history had been lost. A massive power failure caused the ship's systems to fail and some kind of chain reaction destroyed many of its computer banks. Any information contained on the Skywalker's databanks was lost. What they did know about the ship, however, was that the crew had apparently abandoned it. There were no signs of bodies or any indication that the ship had even been involved in a firefight and to add one more mystery to the mix none of the ship's escape pods had even been jettisoned. So how did the crew even escape?

Regardless, the Republic was eager to get it back up and running again and the Jedi quickly put it to work. Now Felicity found herself on the adventure of a lifetime and she could barely contain her excitement. She was so caught up in her glee that she barely even noticed when a light overhead suddenly began to flicker uncontrollably. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at it. None of the other lights were flickering, just this one. She slowly approached it until she was standing just underneath it staring up. The light continued to flicker until suddenly it stopped, turning off completely. Her curiosity getting the better of her she stood up on her tip toes trying to reach it. She barely got a foot before the light suddenly exploded, startling her.

With a yelp she fell backwards onto her butt, a shower of small shards covering her. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt but her cry did draw attention.

"Are you alright," the woman from before asked as she ran up to her.

Felicity got up and quickly dusted herself off. "I think so."

The navy woman stared at her then up at the light. "What happened?"

"I don't know," the girl replied, "It just exploded."

"I'll have to report this and you, you should go to the infirmary."

Felicity nodded quietly and started to walk away. Her eyes wandered back over her shoulder to the light that had just exploded and as she walked she became keenly aware that the little hairs on the back of her head were standing on end. She thought she was being silly but she just couldn't shake this feeling that she was being watched...

The ship came out of hyperspace at about roughly the same time Faye had finished her meditation and unlike most Jedi meditation to Faye meant practicing her kata, an incredibly complex series of deliberate and graceful motions. As soon as the ship entered orbit around New Holstice her communicator started buzzing at her. With a sigh she dropped her arms to her sides and crossed the room over to her desk, picking up the device and turning it on.

"Yes, Captain?"

"Ma'am," the man replied with a disciplined salute, "we've arrived at New Holstice. Our shuttles are prepped and ready to depart, would you like to give the word?"

"I'm on my way," Faye said simply then she turned off the communicator and left the room.

On her way down to the hangar Faye couldn't shake this feeling that someone was following her. She'd turn a corner and see a shadow out of the corner of her eye but when she turned to look it was gone. She stood there for a moment, eyes wandering this way and that before she decided it was nothing and continued on her way. She was near the turbolifts now when another shadow passed her on the left, one that was much clearer this time.

"Who's there," she demanded, once again turning on her heel but finding nothing.

She waited a moment but there was no response. With nothing else to do she picked up her communicator and contacted the bridge. A pasty white officer appeared as a shimmering blue man sitting on an invisible chair floating over her communicator. "Bridge, do you have me on your scanners?"

"Yes, Ma'am, we can see you."

"Is there anyone in the hallway with me?"

There was a moment of silence and the bridge officer shook his head. "No, Ma'am, I don't see any other life readings near you."

"Thank you," Faye answered, then she flipped off the communicator and stepped inside the turbolift. That strange feeling of being followed dissipated but it still left her a little unnerved.

Down in the hangar bay she found Ian McKenna in the control booth overlooking the massive hangar. "Are the teams ready," she asked as she approached him.

McKenna nodded, "Shuttles one through four check out and are ready to depart. Our chief engineer caught some power fluctuations in shuttle five and would like to take a look at it before sending them off."

"Very well, give the other shuttles the order to depart."

"Yes, Ma'am," McKenna answered before leaning over the console to give the order.

There was a momentary delay as the hangar doors painstakingly slid open, but after opening merely a few feet the doors suddenly stopped. "What's wrong," Faye asked.

Ian looked to the officer sitting in front of him whom was busily typing commands into his console. "There seems to be some kind of malfunction," the officer replied.

"How long until it can be fixed," Ian asked.

The man shrugged. "Hard to say, it looks like the doors are jammed by some kind of--," he stopped suddenly when the hangar bay doors began to open the rest of the way, "Never mind, Sir, the problem seems to have fixed itself."

"Good, order the shuttles to depart."

"Yes, Sir," the man said and he opened channel to the four waiting shuttles.

As the officer carried out his orders Ian turned to Faye. "Heard you saw something on the way down here," he said, "You're not jumping at shadows, are you?"

"No," Faye answered.

Ian was a little put off by her short rebuttal. "Well, it's an old ship. We're likely to see a lot of things that would make us all a bit jumpy."

"Not me," she said, then she turned on her heel and left the room leaving the captain staring dumbfounded at the door as it slid shut behind her.

"She doesn't talk much, does she," he asked in a casual aside to the man sitting beside him...

Althina Bari

A
Nearby

"... No no. The blue one. See? This one goes there. And this one goes here. Good. And you can put that one down over in the corner. No. I don't care. Just don't ..."

*thud*

"... Drop it. Ugh."

The infirmary. Well. It was now. I mean? Who knows what this room used to be? But it was large enough, had power, and was close to the crew cabins. And that was good enough for the crew of the Skywalker. The doctors in naval uniforms were busy setting up the room as the enlisted men helped with the boxes. Althina nervously spent her time sidestepping them with a feline grace and a swish of her tail.

"Ahem, Doctor Conners? Yes. Doctor Conners? Excuse me? It's me. Althina. Althina Bari? Can I... Oh. Excuse me. So sorry. ...I? Doctor? ...Pardon me."

A short woman with brown hair heard her plea and waved her over,

"Oh! Hello Doctor Bari. What can I... Excuse me. Yes. Place that right over there. Thank you. ...Ahem. Now. What can I do for you Miss Bari?"

"Well? I was wondering where I could put my plants?"

"Oh, good heavens. No no no. You'll have to think of something else dear. We are all full up in here. Why not keep them in your room, hm? Personal items and such."

"Oh, well, I'm staying in my ship right now. Down in the hanger bay. And I haven't unpacked them yet? So. Well. I was thinking?"

"... Oh no. Not in here. No no. Try the Cryo Freezer down in the mess. I'm sure they'll have the room for a few frozen enigmas. The infirmary is filling up much too fast to house your personal garden too."

"Ah. Of course. Well. Hmm. Thank you Doctor."

Althina pursed her lips and sighed. The Navy Doctors had claimed this room. She'd need to find another.

"... Oh? And Doctor Bari?"

"Hm?"

"Be a good girl and take this box down to the turbolift for me, would you. Thanks."

*thump* The crate was massive.

"Ohhh. Mm. Right. ...Ugh. Oh dear."

With another sigh and a shake of her head all the poor Jedi Cathar, Althina Bari, could think now was: Oh dear. Why me?

That the Republic had thought this ship was fit for sentient habitation was really an act of utter insanity, compounded with a topping of sheer nuts. Okay, the whole thing was ancient and had been designed as a mobile training ground for Jedi recruits, as well as a means of protecting the most vulnerable of the Order's ranks, but even so, it was still an absurd thing for it to have been recommissioned and just handed back over to the custody of the Jedi. Particularly since most of the systems don't work properly, the young woman thought as the lights flickered and went out again. The impromptu Medical Bay aboard this bucket definitely qualified as frontier medicine...

It was all controlled chaos aboard anyway - thus far, the Medical Staff had spent most of their time moving boxes, unpacking them, recalibrating equipment or inventorying all their supplies, since everything had been brought aboard in a bit of a rush. And that's your understatement for the day, Teynara noted mentally, wiping her forehead with the back of her sleeve, finding the whole situation more than a little exasperating. If we had a crisis around here, most of our staff would be the ones needing medical attention right now. At least, judging by the number of boxes that had been dropped, personnel that had slipped or those who had gotten into small accidents simply by not paying attention. Not our best moment over here.

"Watch where you're going with those boxes, would you?", she observed tartly, scowling at a man in a military uniform as he almost walked right into her, requiring an undignified scramble to get out of the way before they both ended up on the deck. "At least let us get unpacked before we all start needing medical attention, alright?" The blonde woman shook her head and went back to consulting the datapad. The boxes she was looking for had to be here somewhere...

Teynara was starting to think that it wasn't worth the hassle anyway. The Republic had kindly assigned the Skywalker a naval crew to complement the Jedi who would be aboard, but so far, she wasn't sure that they were helping matters. Too used to following protocols and not enough time indulging common sense, she thought. There were a bevy of Doctors running around interspersed by a handful of Healers in their Jedi robes, plus a bunch of additional personnel that were just making themselves entirely not useful by getting in the way, boxes and all.

And to top it all off...there were a whole bunch boxes sat in the middle of the room just waiting to be moved or unpacked, whether to reveal a massive amount of folded bandages or some extremely expensive (and sensitive) medical equipment. Right now, she wasn't sure - and it was very tempting just to kick each and every box in the room just to vent her frustrations on them. Not very Jedi-like to do that, but it'd feel really good.

Struggling nearby with a crate that was far too big for her was another Jedi - at least, as much as one could be identified by their clothing. Not wearing a uniform, so probably one of us, anyway, Teynara noted. Striding over, weaving between boxes and medical staff in order to go and help, the blonde woman approached the other Jedi and raised a puzzled eyebrow.

"I guess somebody stole the anti-grav lift unit again, so we're doing this all by hand?", she said, in @[member="Althina Bari"]'s direction. The naval staff had been doing that all morning - naturally, the Republic hadn't thought to send enough technological options, figuring there were enough sentient personnel aboard to do the job instead. "Want a hand with that? I'm guessing you don't have the box of bandages there,"

Althina Bari

A
Althina smiled at Teynara's approach,

"Indeed. I could use some assistance. Perhaps if you were to grab that end, we could shuffle it into the turbolift just outside?"

Althina made preparations to move the large container. In time, it had been placed in the turbolift and given into another Naval Officers care. Thank goodness.

"Oh my. Well. Thank you for your help. Allow me to introduce myself? I am Doctor Althina Bari. Erm, Padawan. ...Who might you be?"

It was a welcome change to finally meet someone who was willing to be helpful to her.

Felicity groaned inwardly to herself. She knew they had reached New Holstice, she could see it through the view port, but instead of heading down to the planet she was stuck here on the ship being instructed in lightsaber combat by none other than Faye Ward. Normally lightsaber combat was her favorite subject but Master Ward was so serious about the way she instructed them that it was almost boring. Felicity wanted to go down to the planet with the other Jedi to help look for Force Sensitives and as her thoughts wandered she completely missed the fact that Master Ward was standing in front of her. Well, she missed it up until Faye flicked her in the forehead with the tip of her finger.

"Pay attention, Felicity," the Jedi Master snapped, "You mustn't allow your mind to wander, distractions are what get you killed."

Felicity just nodded and Faye moved back to the front of the class and began moving them through the next set. The girl again grumbled to herself but she watched the Jedi Master much closer this time. She wanted to avoid being called out in front of the class again so she obediently followed every instruction. All the while she kept hoping that Faye would end the class soon so she could get back to wandering the ship. There was still so much of it she hadn't seen yet and still the sheer size of it continued to astound her.

It was about thirty minutes into the class when suddenly all the lights turned off in the room. Everyone was shrouded in darkness save the subtle glow of their practice sabers. Faye stopped the class immediately and walked over to the far side of the room. She got about halfway there before the bulkheads slammed shut, locking them all inside. Faye tried to open them with the door controls but they were unresponsive. Then she tried to use the Force but the doors were being held together by a force much stronger than her. Eventually, Felicity became aware of a slight hissing sound coming from somewhere in the room.

"What's that noise," she asked, all eyes turning to her as their ears perked up to listen...

Faye grimaced when she heard the noise too, but she said nothing to the others. Instead she took out her communicator and flipped it on, a moment later Ian appeared before her. "Captain, I need you to override the system and open the blast doors in the sparring room now."

"Excuse me," Ian replied in confusion.

"Now, Captain! I believe we have a very serious situation here."

There was a moment of silence as Ian issued orders to his men and then leaned over a console to watch. "Master Jedi," he said in a surprised tone, "someone's venting the atmosphere in that room."

"All the more reason to get the doors open now," Faye answered, casting a sidelong glance at the young padawans who were now beginning to huddle around her.

"Venting the atmosphere," one of them asked in a frightened tone, "Who's venting the atmosphere?"

"Not now, child," Faye answered absently as she watched Ian working in front of her. Then a sudden banging noise drew their attention and everyone turned to where young Felicity Sage was trying to kick down the door. When that didn't work she tried to use her lightsaber, but the weapon failed to cut through the bulkhead. "You'll not get anywhere with that," Faye told her, "Practice sabers aren't designed to cut."

"Then how are we supposed to get out of here," Felicity demanded.

"Patience, child, patience," the Jedi Master replied and her attention turned back to Ian.

"There's something locking us out of the system," he informed them, "Some kind of encryption, I think, I've never seen it before."

"How long will it take you to crack it?"

"Too long," Ian answered with a shake of his head, "I'm sending teams down to your position now. Have everyone stand away from the doors."

"Acknowledged," Faye answered and she turned off the communicator before turning to direct the kids to the center of the room.

The air in the room as growing thinner and Faye was finding it hard to breathe. Many of the padawans surrounding her were on the verge of panic, some were even crying. All except for Felicity who stood at the edge of the circle watching the blast doors.

"They're taking too long," she said, "There's gotta be something we can do to get out of here."

"Just be patient, Felicity, Ian knows what he's doing."

"But--," Felicity said, turning to look at her but right at that moment a loud explosion tore a hole through one of the bulkheads and a rush of oxygen flew into the room. Everyone present seemed relieved except for Felicity who was a tad disappointed. She had thought this was her chance to be a hero, but there was very little she could actually do.

"Class is dismissed," Faye told everyone, "I want you to head back to your quarters and stay there."

All the padawans nodded their assent and filed out of the room. After they had gone Ian stepped through the burned out hole and crossed over to where Faye was waiting. "This was sabotage," the Jedi Master said.

"No arguments there, Master Jedi. I'll organize teams to scour the ship looking for the saboteur, but whoever this guy is he's good. He completely locked us out of the ship's systems with some kind of encryption that adapted to our every move. It was almost like it had its own intelligence."

Faye nodded and started to leave the room. "I'll lead the teams myself, but in the mean time I want guards posted at the padawan's quarters. Make sure every one of them stays in their rooms."

"Yes, Ma'am," Ian said and then she was out of sight. As his men were beginning to fan out to look for the intruder he glanced down at his datapad and frowned. All signs of the encryption that had locked them out of the computer were gone now, as though it had never existed. Just what the hell could have done that?

The crate having been moved, still heavy even with the two of them lifting it, it had felt good for them to dispense of the load and move on to other things. Another reason for us to requisition a few more Anti-Grav Units when we next stop at a Republic planet, Teynara thought, wondering just how much more heavy lifting they'd end up doing by the day's end. Suppose it helps us build up a little muscle, she mused wryly, though such had never been one of her particular goals.

Their job now complete, Teynara took a moment to take a closer look at the other Jedi. The Cathar was considerably taller than her Human counterpart, though Teynara wasn't overly self-conscious about that one anyway. She had unusually-coloured eyes, though the gold tint was probably quite common among her feline species - something told her that an iris colour like that probably had some evolutionary advantage attached. Might be she's got better night vision than I have, or she might have less of a problem with bright light. She really had to resist letting the Xenobiologist side of her brain from taking over.

"I'm Teynara," she responded, a smile curving across her face. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Althina, if I may call you that? I don't much go for formality around here," she added, knowing fully well that several Jedi and most certainly the Naval personnel tended to insist on full name with rank and title attached, something which the blonde woman always found exasperating. "Did you upset somebody, to be given such assignments, or are you just trying to be helpful?", she asked teasingly, knowing fully well that all Medical Staff were having to do scuttwork at the moment.

Althina Bari

A
Althina replied to Teynara,

"Oh no. Nothing so sinister. Hehe. I volunteered really. Though, at the time I wasn't aware that this vessel had been commissioned for active duty. Surprises surprises, I suppose."

She shrugged.

"How about yourself? Not your ideal vacation cruise I take it human?"

The commotion in the Training Room had yet to reach Althina's ears.

"No, no that goes there," she sighed pointing to the crate and than the place she wanted it. "Here I'll help," she stated grabbing the other side of the crate to help the Naval officer. She had a long standing history with the Navy and was very familiar with their procedures, policies and how things were done. They were just following orders and trying to help even if it was a little haphazard right now. Everything would come together eventually they just needed to get into their groove. She kind of wished her husband was on this ship but as it was he was assigned somewhere else. It was just as well he could be very distracting at times. He drove her crazy but in a good way of course. It was a good thing that so far none of these Navy men recognized her or they would be trying to impress her as if that would help them get a promotion.

Opening one of the boxes she began to put the various medical supplies on the shelves. Mostly bandaids, gauzes, and gloves but they were all important to have. She was here to help out and had volunteered for this mission. Kalia felt it important to get to know and work more with her fellow healers especially considering her new position as overseer of the healers and council member. She wanted to come off as approachable so that if someone did have any questions or issues they would come to her. Being in the action not only let her keep an eye on things but gave her the opportunity to do what she loved as well.

"Wait, this ship is active duty? I was told it wasn't," Kalia stated as she spun around to where the two woman were chatting away. She didn't mean to ease drop on them but she couldn't help but overhear something that surprised her. It did not make her happy one bit either.

Not entirely surprised to hear that Althina had volunteered, Teynara nodded in acknowledgement of the younger woman's thoughts, though she did have to wonder why the Cathar had volunteered for the post if she thought the ship wasn't on active duty. There wouldn't be much use for the talents of a capable Jedi Healer if the ship is stuck in a spacedock at some Republic shipyard, she thought. Certainly there were always accidents and medical problems in such a place, but those would be common enough that they would be handled well enough by a civilian doctor and a Bacta Tank. So what was it that you'd expected?, the blonde woman mused.

No matter. Teynara wasn't aware of the flight plan or the overall intentions of this particular expedition - as far as she knew, the Skywalker was just to be used as a mobile training ground, designed to follow the reports of the Jedi Watchman assigned to particular planetary systems, since part of their role was to keep an eye out for potential Force Sensitives within Republic space that might then be recruited to the Order. The Skywalker was to follow up on those reports and go and pick up such potential students, testing them and then inducting them into the Order, beginning their training directly aboard ship, so no time would be lost in transit. Means we could end up anywhere, really.

On the upside, it did mean that they were less likely to run into any real trouble: most of the Republic's many worlds were civilised places with sizeable populations, so the Healer's work might simply extend only to serving the medical needs of the Skywalker's crew. And should we run into any place where there are more critical needs, like a viral epidemic, we can go and help out there, too. That was what Teynara understood their mission to be, anyway.

"I wouldn't call it a vacation cruise, no," she replied in response to Althina's question, raising an eyebrow at the way the other woman addressed her as 'human'. "But we're more likely to find use for our healing skills here, and we may be the first to recognise major medical issues before they spread to the Galaxy at large," Teynara noted with a slight shrug. "I figured I could do more aboard the Skywalker than I could simply assigned to the Temple on Tython, or on one of the core worlds," she added.

Another person interjected in their conversation, standing slightly off to one side, and positioned such that Teynara hadn't seen her, but had only heard her when she first spoke. The blonde Jedi half-turned so as to bring the other woman into view, her eyes widening slightly as she realised who it was. They hadn't met, but every Healer in the Order knew who this was - how could they not, given that this was the woman who had recently taken over leadership of the Circle of Healers. Teynara would have paid good money to work out what she was doing here, aboard the Skywalker. It was all very well to have a group of Healers aboard ship, but to have a member of the Jedi Council aboard was a very different matter.

"We're definitely on active duty as far as I'm aware, Master Vondiranach," she affirmed, offering the other woman a respectful bow from the waist, as she'd been taught was always appropriate when first addressing a Jedi Master. And a member of the Council besides. "We're on our way to who-knows-where to find who-knows-what. Sounds like a typical Jedi assignment to me," she added with a wry smile. "Hunting for recruits for the Order, as far as I know. All I know is that we jumped into Hyperspace a few hours ago, so at least we know that this bucket can still fly," Teynara concluded, her smile remaining fixed.

Althina Bari

A
Althina mused at Teynara's comment. Hehe. A 'typical' Jedi assignment. Hmm. Oh my. Her big ears fluttered at the thought.

"Fascinating."

She said dryly with a raise of her brow. Then she gave a slight nod as Teynara introduced the name of 'Master Vondiranach'. Another human. And apparently, they all had ties to the medical field. Now that brought a smile to her face indeed.

"You'd be surprised at how good these buckets can hold up without needing repair," she grinned. Kalia knew way too much about Navy ships than she cared to. They would be just fine in this bucket of bolts despite the flickering lights which would be fixed soon she was sure. The council member was here because recruit hunting was very important to the order. They needed new blood it was the only way the order would and could thrive and grow. The next generation of Jedi were just as important as those that can been there for years. New recruits also brought in a fresh perspective and way of doing things which was always welcomed in the order. Kalia liked thinking out of the box.

She would have to go find whomever was in charge of this ship and see what was really going on. It seemed as if she was misinformed by someone which wasn't a big deal Kalia could deal with active duty. It was just that if someone ought to know what they were doing it was her. "Yes, we are looking for new recruits on this mission but who knows what we will actually find," she smiled. "Your Knight Jeralyr, right? I apologize I'm still trying to learn names." They were going to be on this ship together so she ought to know who she was working with. Kalia was trying very hard to get to know all the healers of the order so she could better help them.

This ship had certainly better hold together if I'm aboard it, Teynara thought with a hint of amusement, listening to what Kalia had said. Truth be told, she didn't much doubt it - certainly the Naval personnel aboard would look at least a little more worried if the ship weren't actually spaceworthy, but it didn't mean she yet thought that it couldn't do with another few weeks of work in a shipyard. You can put a new coat of paint on an old ship, but that doesn't make it a new ship. Even the updated technology aboard wasn't sufficient to reassure her - after all, integrating that with the older tech wasn't exactly a simple matter. Best hope we've got a good engineering team.

"I'd rather you just call me 'Teynara', please, Master," she said, in response to the senior woman's question. She'd never been comfortable with her rank, and hearing it spoken so formally had made her inwardly cringe. Pesky Jedi insistence on protocol, she thought. Teynara had been happy to respect it for the most part, but hearing herself referred to in such an exalted term bothered her, particularly since she still felt very much an imposter in her present rank. "I'll go with 'Healer Jeralyr', if you insist, but please don't call me 'Knight'," she requested, her expression offering a little insight into her discomfort. "That's too much formality, and more of a barrier than I want to put up right now."

Althina, it seemed, was a person of few words - it would be interesting to see what her bedside manner was like - but Teynara had always appreciated that quality in others. Doesn't hurt to be a little more circumspect at times, particularly if you've got nothing pressing that you need to say. Kalia, on the other hand, presented very much the way someone of her station would be expected to act: calm, confident and in control. At least now I have some idea of what a Master Healer is supposed to look like, Teynara noted. That was worth keeping in mind.

One thing was for sure, though: it was good to have other Healers aboard. Not that Teynara was at all lacking in confidence in her own abilities in that sphere, but still, it was nice that others would be there to lend a hand, and no doubt as they worked together, each of them would be able to tap into each other's expertise, and learn something new. That's probably how most Jedi end up continuing their training after they have moved on from the tuition of a single teacher, she noted. That would be an interesting area for them to explore as the Skywalker continued about it's mission.

"I don't suppose anyone knows where we're going, do they?", she asked, highly doubting that either of the others did - particularly since the senior Healer among them hadn't even been aware that the ship was on operational duty. "I can't help but think that this is a great opportunity for us to study other forms of plant and animal life. We're Jedi, after all. Maybe we'll discover something that others missed, and be able to put it to use," she remarked, her expression returning to something a little more amiable as a smile broadened across her face. "Who knows? Maybe we'll find some remarkable herb that could be processed in such a way as to make Bacta look more like a Bandaid by comparison."

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Teynara Jeralyr @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Kalia Vondiranach @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Althina Bari

Au'Rus was woefully lost. She had been suggested to join the voyage by Knight Murr. But such a grand ship was a perpetual mystery to her. The dark cloaked Jedi wandered about the corridors of the ship, her long purple hair peering from beneath her hood and falling to her waist as she looked from side to side. The force consumed the ship. As a miraluka that was alls he could see, flames impersonating the shapes of beings movin about behind doors and walls. Just like the moths on her home planet she was attracted to a section of the ship that held the greatest and brighest of flames. The miraluka raised her hand out of the slits that ran down her black cloak and she rested her plam on one of the metal plates of the ship's corridors. What a all consuming metal beast this ship is. In the future I must learn to enjoy such vessels. Still nothing better than the earth beneath my feet. The force does not resonate so well in such a place devoid of natural entities. As she pondered she continued her approach to the cluster of Jedi congregating near a chaos of crates and business.

But besides that Au'Rus' passion for healing the force, for subduing the encroaching darkness fuelled her actions even more. She felt that travelling the galaxy would expose her to the many dark bastions that hide in the shadows that the light-side casts. Their, possibley she could gain the knowledge needed to defeat the Sith poison that rampaged through her veins and each day brought her closer to being completely cut off from the force- and most likely her death. Appraoching the group of Jedi, she bowed politely, dropping her torso well below theirs to show supreme respect.

"Jedi Padawan Au'Rus Rhaeyns." Her gentile but passionate voice procliamed, "It is my humble pleasure to be aboard this ship with my Jedi superiors."

Althina Bari

A
Althina smirked at Teynara's comments. Then she bowed slightly upon AuRus arrival and replied with introductions,

"Doctor Altheni Bari. Padawan. A pleasure to meet you. ...And, this is Healer Teynara Jeralyr, Knight, and Healer Kalia Vondiranach, Master."

There. Now Teynara wouldn't have to bother introducing herself again. Hehe.

"Welcome to the ship AuRar Rhaeyns. We were just getting situated. Although, the infirmary seems rather chaotic at the moment. ...Alas. And welcome again. We women of the Force are at your service."

The Autumn Cathar had never met a Miralan before. But she said nothing about the woman's appearance or unique qualities.

@[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] @[member="Kalia Vondiranach"] @Au'Rus Rhaeyns

Later she was going to have some words with some Navy officers in regards to not being told the correct information. That was neither here nor there. “I’m not sure however I will go find out from the Captain.”

She agreed with Teynara this would give them amply opportunity to put their heads together and discover something new. If not, perhaps just a new way to use something.

Kalia may be a Master healer but in no way did she know everything nor did she pretend to know everything. She could always learn something from her fellow healers. Often times they posed a different way of looking at things that she never even thought of.

“Yes, welcome. It is chaotic but things will settle down soon. I believe people are just excited to have this ship back up and running.” The excitement would wear down soon enough and they could get to work.

There was a chime at the door and Jedi Master Faye Ward casually looked up from her desk. "Enter," she said aloud.

A moment later the door slid back into the wall and Captain Ian McKenna stepped into her quarters. "Ma'am, we have finished conducting our search."

"And what have you to report?"

"That's just it, Ma'am, nothing," the man said with a clearly perplexed look on his face. "We checked the logs and as far as we can tell there hasn't been any unauthorized access to the ship's systems. Whoever we're dealing with knows how to cover his tracks."

Faye frowned at that, that wasn't the news she wanted to hear. "And the crew?"

"All crewmen have been accounted for and their statements logged. My men haven't uncovered any suspicious activity. Also, our teams have reported back from the surface, they're ready to return to the ship with our new trainees."

His weight shifted from one foot to the next and he assumed a more casual stance. "At this point, Master Jedi, I'm inclined to point out that what happened in the training room may have just been a malfunction."

"All the doors locking at once," Faye asked skeptically.

Ian shrugged, "This ship is centuries old, she's bound to do a lot of things we don't understand."

Faye considered that a moment then stood and came around to the other side of her desk. "Very well, for now we'll stand down to yellow alert. The padawans will attend classes as usual but I want regular reports on any access to the ship's systems, authorized or otherwise."

"Understood, Ma'am, anything else?"

Faye shook her head. "Not as of yet, Captain. When our shuttles return plot a hyperspace route to Corellia and make the jump. We have four new recruits waiting for us in Coronet."

"As you wish, Master Jedi. I'll be sure to have someone keep you posted on any more suspicious activity," he said and then he saluted, turned on his heel and left the room.

Faye let out an exasperated sigh and leaned backwards against her desk. So far this wasn't the assignment she had hoped for but it had become more interesting than she imagined...

Lord Ghoul

L
There had been whispers amidst Imperial intelligence of a ship which recruited Jedi. So naturally, someone had to go investigate. That someone, was Mikhail Shorn.

Onboard the vessel, a flickering image suddenly solidified. Mikhail Shorn stood somewhere on the deck. He honestly wasn't sure entirely where. The raven haired Sith's blue eyes narrowed as he scanned the room, his senses attuned. The Jedi would probably be alerted to a dark presence on board the ship. But his aura was small. Weak, even. They wouldn't detect him unless they actively sought for him, which he somehow suspected they were already doing. Somehow, Jedi always seemed to be doing things they should not be doing. Regardless, Mikhail did not come to fight, but to observe and... to incite.

The ship had not been easy to find. Mikhail followed rumors of its last planetary stop, where it had picked up some individuals with skill in the Force. From there, he had been able to follow the ion trail well enough. The sensor suite on the Imperial yacht he had been granted was cutting edge. Besides, it was extremely hard to hide a ship full of Jedi from the galaxy. Sooner or later, people would begin to talk. And where people talked, people soon sought.

He strode the halls, his senses questing outward. He soon stumbled upon a gathered group of Jedi. Their auras bright and shiny. Damn candles. Mikhail emerged behind them. Like a dark apparation.

"Boo!"

He smirked.

@[member="Althina Bari"] @Au'Rus Rhaeyns @[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom