Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past-RP, Storming Temples for a Friend [Daux and Jaxton]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Daux"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
A lone starfighter approached Endor, no markings or signs of affinity with any faction were visible on it. Its approach was stealthy, its landing quick and precise, its goal to pass through and land without being noticed.
The cockpit of the fighter opened with a hiss and quickly a lone figure slithered out, tall and thing, dark cloaked wrapped around it.
Quickly, it skittered towards the trees silently, climbing the closest one at the edge of the forest, the being began to move rapidly from one tree to the other, following a path to its goal.

However, at one point the being stopped, looking around from top of the branch, scanning in silence, as if sniffing out the trail it was following before but losing it.

The being slithered off of a tree, attached to it with its claws and talons, it climbed down safely, moving low against the ground on all fours, slithering and scanning. It stopped and fixated itself upon one spot, looking around and scanning again.
A branch then broke behind the being, and it turned.
A lone Daux cat was staring back at the cloaked being, it patted its paw and growl, the being looked back to the spot he was fixated with.
"They took her, did they not?"
Picking up a piece of a material nearby, seemingly dropped by some other being by accident, the cloaked creature scanned it and looked up towards the sky.
"Jedi."
He hissed out, collecting bunch of leaves and foliage from Endor and putting it into a pouch hanging off of his belt. He looked back to the Daux cat as the being quickly spread some dull grey dust-like substance among the soil, hiding it under the leaves.
"I will find her, I promise."

The Daux cat growled as the being hurried back to its vessel, quickly lifting off and sneaking back out from the planet's orbit.

SOMETIME LATER IN ORBIT OF CORUSCANT
A shuttle was closing in, it exit from the hyperspace and quickly sent civilian codes to the Republic forces protecting the space around the planet.
The shuttle was Omegan in make, but as stated before, it was flying on civilian codes, a message would soon be received by the Republic.
"This is HK-36, the Observer of Abregado-Rae, heading in unarmed shuttle on personal business towards Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Relay to Jedi Temple that I am requesting to hold a meeting with one of their members. I call her 'Daux' she used to live on Endor among the Daux cats."
He stared ahead at the planet as his shuttle was closing in, entering atmosphere and soon it would be heading through the lanes towards the Temple
"She is my friend and they have taken her from her home."
He added in soon into the comm, hopefully the Jedi would relay the message to Jaxton, Daux's guardian, and he will be informed by the time HK's shuttle will touch down on one of the landing pads of the Jedi Temple.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton of course got the message that he'd be visited rather quickly, as he had access to most all of the 'channels' through which the Jedi communicated. HK-36 was a name he had heard before, quite a while ago. The business with the exorcism, some old Sith Spirit and a Jedi named . . . . Veekor? No, vitor. That was it. If his memory served correct, HK-36 was the Jedi's droid, though he seemed more friend then property. If memory served correct the droid wore some sort of robe, while carrying a training saber. Such independance was a bit odd in a droid, though not unheard of. In any case, he said he was a friend of his padawan Daux, a changeling who seemed to have lived most of her life thinking she was a semi-sentient. Jaxton had had an interesting and rewarding time teaching her to speak, walk, and other social and technological protocal, though admittedly change was slow and progress small. However, if HK had been a friend of the girls, something of her past perhaps he could help him teach her, not to mention learn more of the girl's past.

Therefore it was a rather easy decision for Jaxton to meet with the droid, and he quickly got himself ready and got @[member="Daux"], extending his hand to hers, hoping to promote her into holding his hand and thus forcing her to walk with him two-legged. "Come on, we're going to meet a friend." He said with a smile on his face, and projecting a feeling of happiness and safety to her with the Force. He didn't enjoy that he was pushing her mind a bit, but for the moment it was the best method of communication he had with her, and given her force-sensitive nature he expected her to be rather receptive to it, similar to the effects of Battle Meditation. He'd eventually ween her off of it as she learned to speak naturally, but that was for another time, another day.

When Daux was ready the two made their way to the landing pad where @[member="HK-36"] would be arriving soon. He had made sure that they had gotten there quickly, hoping to see him on the way out of his ship, rather than force him to wait for them. It was a gesture that was intended to be polite, as well as give HK a visual que that he'd be there if his ship had such kind of visual confirmation. For the most part he was excited to learn more of the girl's history, but a small fraction of him was afraid in what he would learn, and what the droid might say. At this point he was the strongest link that Daux had to 'civilized' life, though he knew she had developed small relations with a padawan named Thurion and his master, and he wondered what HK would bring to that equation.

HK-36

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Daux"]
The shuttle landed as the Master and little Daux stepped onto the landing pad. It hit the ground with a clank and with a hiss the door to the shuttle opened, showing the droid behind it, in his combat grey body, with sharp features and the Omega armor worn over it for practical and ceremonial means, dark grey cloak cascading over his shoulders.
It looked more like something one would wore to battle, but he chose that over normal robes because it was what Daux met him in, he calculated she would find it familiar and recognize him easier, plus the scent would be the same on him.
He stepped onto the landing pad with the clinking of his feet as they hit the metal floor with each step, he looked to the Zeltron Jedi.
"Master Ravos."
He spoke simply, looking down to Daux then, kneeling down to get closer to her height and look her over, his legs bending backwards in that "turkey-leg" shape General Grevious had, and the shape Daux would recognize from their earlier meeting.
He did not spoke to Daux, did not made any sounds, he did not need to, after all, the two of them understood each other without words. She could smell grass on him, and leaves, and soil, he smelled like Endor, he was there just moments ago, the scent of nature was still strong on him.

Daux looked up when her blue-furred friend entered, murmuring a small "Jaaa" in greeting. Crawling across to him, as walking was still very difficult without his assistance, she rubbed up against his leg, before sniffing at the offered hand. After her usual biting-session the child finally placed her hand in his, and permitted herself to be pulled into a standing position. He made some usual noises, but only the beginning 'come on' was even remotely understandable to her. All the same she began to follow after him, every step clumsy and unbalanced, the feeling he emitted around her had become one of comfort, it was how she usually felt around Jaxton. Only one other living-person could manage that, Thurion, or as the child called him 'Furry'. It worked so well that she began to purr, leaning into Jaxton not just for support.

She mewed somewhat in bliss when they stepped outside, and her initial reaction was to try and run off, as she usually did when presented with Tython. But she required Jaxton for support, and he seemed somewhat determined for them to be somewhere... So for the very first time she suppressed the urge to run and instead soaked her surroundings in with her gaze. Suddenly a loud monster came down from the sky, startling Daux to the point of paralysis. If Jaxton tried to move forward he'd find her stuck in place, while a very slow whimper of defence left her. It was silver, and vaguely reminded her of something she had seen before... When she recalled the transporter Jaxton had used to remove her from the planet of the Ewoks, she began to understand... But it did not stop her from being wary and on edge. The paralysis ceased to be.

The creature who came down the ramp was silver-furred... If you could call it furred. It looked as though the fur had been burnt from it's skin, leaving only the fleshy underskin exposed. It made a noise in a somewhat-familiar voice, and then knelt down near her. She released Jaxton's hand and crawled closer, sniffing at the funny silver-creature. Small memories returned, of a creature stuck in the mud, who had fed her some very nice meat and settled her to sleep... That had been years before, however, so everything was sketchy. "Jaaa" she remarked oncemore, before rubbing up against the silver-creature. For once she did not bite, no she had made that mistake once already and it's safe to say she wasn't going to forget that any time soon. A rumbling purr emitted from her, before she looked back to Jaxton for approval, to ensure it was okay, that he was safe to be around.

@[member='HK-36'] @[member='Jaxton Ravos']

HK-36

@[member="Daux"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
If only HK could smile, he would when she rubbed up against him, he reached over to Daux with one hand, nimble fingers going behind her ear, and.. Scratch-scratch-scratch-scratch
Just like when they first met, mechanical fingers dancing on those itchy spots behind her ears as they did so long ago on Endor. HK was apparently like mechanical Doctor Who, he thought only weeks have past, but then surprise, it was years.

He reached to his pouch pulling out something, it smelled like Endor to Daux, for it was from Endor, specifically, wood from Endor, pieces of branches, woven together into a sort of a wicker crown, small flowers woven between the fibers by the droid. He reached to Daux, plopping the little gift on her head, she would probably end up breaking it or chewing on it, but he did not care, at least it smelled like Endor to her and it might bring some sort of enjoyment.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton was a bit surprised at how well the changeling carried herself, especially with the noise of the landing pad and the various other external stimuli. Normally at this point she'd bolt off, only for Jaxton to run after her and calm her down. When the droid left the entrance it greeted him shortly, before bending into a rather awkward position and saying more to him or Daux. Daux seemed to recognize him, at least a little, as she softly let go of his hand and went over to the droid, rubbing it softly with her body. More feline traits that hadn't gone away. She called his name, or what she could say of it rather, for a moment then looked over, and Jaxton nodded, a sign that everything would be okay. He didn't know what the droid would do, but he assumed it wasn't stupid enough to try anything in the Jedi Temple, and that he could take care of him if he did. Plus, from the brief experience he had with the droid he didn't seem the sort for such malice or trickery anyways.

So he followed after the girl, as the droid scratched her ears a bit before pulling a collection of twigs and leaves molded into a . . . crown of sorts he supposed and gave it to her. It was a little confusing for him, but supposed it likely had some meaning to HK and the girl, and as he came closer he leaned over and scratched her back affectionately.

"Can you say thank you?" He asked, though he knew she likely wouldn't be able to. "She probably won't, but she's slowly getting better at language. She can't say a lot of stuff but she's recognizing what I say more and more." He said to the droid as he continued to look at the changeling. "I've only been with her a short while, she seems to have been abandoned one or another by her family on Endor, but I could never find any changelings there. What can you tell me about her HK?" He asked, a bit curious as to her origins, and hoping that perhaps he could find another thing of her past that would help him teach her.

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Daux"]

HK-36

Well crown wouldn't be the best word for it, it was called a wreath, a headdress seen in many more primitive cultures, or ones that were very close with nature.
"I could not tell you more than you already know."
The droid said, reaching out with the other hand to softly tickle the girl under her armpits and on her tummy, checking if she still hated being tickled as much as before
"I did not knew her parents, I have met her on Endor during a recon mission, I played with her a while, lulled her to sleep, when she woke up we played a bit more, I distracted her and ran off so that she could not follow me, I did not want her to be scared by the appearance of my ship lifting off. I watched over her since then, making my appearance from time to time, but I did not interfere much."
He looked up slightly at Jaxton
"I could have taken her to Omegas but I did not. It was not my place to interfere with her life, and she was happy. Ignorant bliss, but happy, and the life she will have here, in this Galaxy, will be one filled with pain and war."
He looked back down to Daux, still teasing her and tickling

Daux enjoyed the fussing, a low purr rumbling from within her, her eyes closing slowly in bliss. The way the silver-furred creature scratched the back of her ear reminded her of the time long ago, yet again, that figment of a memory which she couldn't quite grasp. While still purring and rubbing up against the silver-creature and her blue-furred friend, the little girl heard Jaxton make some noises, and some of them were familiar, only the last two. "Taa oo!" She squealed, somewhat like a bird, while her eyes drifted up towards the branches on her head, sniffing all the while. When she caught the scent she leapt back from them both, shook the wreath from her head and began nudging it with her nose. Then, as both had seen before, she began to bat it around before nuzzling up against it, similar in style to the way she had handled the bar of chocolate HK had once attempted to feed her. She seemed blissfully unaware of the conversation the pair were having, it was all noises to her...

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton smiled as the girl tried to fumble out a 'thank you' to the droid as he listened the droid's story of how he had met her and checked up on her every once in a while, deciding not to take her with him. He was surprised that the droid had enough emotion to do that, but droids were known to develop their own little quirks when they didn't have a memory wipe in so long, and Jaxton had no idea how old @[member="HK-36"] was.

"I can respect that." Jaxton said after the droid explained that he didn't want to take her. "I didn't think that she should live in such . . . ignorance" He said, thinking a moment before deciding on his word choice. "But when I found her she was morning a loss, another cat of Endor had been killed by hunters, so I suppose my decision was a bit easier." He admitted.

"She also has the Force, whatever that's worth. Right now that doesn't do much for her but make her easier for me to find, but teaching her that stuff isn't really important right now. I'm a bit glad I found her before someone else did, someone who'd use her talents in shape shifting and the Force to make a weapon out of her, but that could be me rationalizing things."

HK-36

The droid watched as Daux began playing with the wreath he made for her, sitting down next to her he gave her a small poke on her nose
"And the Republic and the Jedi will not do the same to her, Master Ravos? I have trained Jedi before, so many of them are eager to get into combat, and the Republic is not afraid to pull the Order into war. Jedi are no longer monks, Master Ravos, they are so different from their past counterparts."
He looked up at Jaxton, still playing with Daux, renewing attempts at tickling her
"You are soldiers, weapons of the Republic. I have trained many Jedi, and I have attended many Jedi funerals, my teachers, friends, children, so many of them perished in war, not even living into their golden years."
He looked back down to Daux
"The whole Galaxy is preparing for a war, it is upon us, you cannot guarantee that the Republic will not summon her as well into their army, you can not predict how she will act when she is asked to take a life for the first time, nor if she will survive this war."

Jaxton Ravos

As the droid responded Jaxton nodded a bit, cringing as he did so. "You are right and you are wrong HK." He admitted. "The Jedi Order isn 't a bunch of peaceful monks, but it never really has been either. They have done good yes, but they've never really been peaceful or impartial."

"I suppose when push comes to shove I can't make her stay away from it when she gets older, but until then I'll do my best to keep her safe. If the Order continues on ithat path I'll try to stop it, and if I can't." He said, before pausing moment to think, then looked at the girl playing with her wreath. "I'll get us out."

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

HK looked up from playing with Daux
"If you will ever choose to escape with her."
He then looked back down to Daux, adding that needed dramatic pause
"You will always find a refuge with me on Abregado-Rae."

Daux growled the moment her nose was poked, nudging up against him and then the wreath itself, taking it between her jaws and ragging it around, but in a loving manner. Then she dropped it down and began to shudder when he tickled her, a very human sound leaving her as she began to giggle, like a child of her age would. "Aaahh!" she finally exclaimed, rolling around on the floor. "Jaaa!" With another growl she rolled out of the droid's range, before leaping forwards towards Jaxton, swiping the wreath along with her before leaping up and biting against Jaxton's arm in a playful, loving manner. She still didn't understand any of the noises they were making, except for her own name... Which in truth meant nothing to her. "Jaaaa!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom