Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past RP- Herald of Bad News [Coryth]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]
SLUIS VAN- EMERGENCY OMEGA FLEET

It was the day after last battle against the undead on Dagobah, reports began streaming in to Sluis Van, the undead were defeated, but there were plenty of wounded, both from battles in the Space and on the ground. Emergency medical forces have been assembled nearby Sluis Van in order to take the injured and provide first aid.

Incoming from the Hyperspace was the Siege Tower, a vessel that spearheaded combat against the undead.

Among the medical vessels around Sluis Van, transmissions began to echo
"Siege Tower, entering the realspace near Sluis Van, all medical personnel please board the shuttles, incoming wounded, repeat, incoming wounded."

@[member="HK-36"]

Incoming wounded, Coryth felt them before the announcement even came. Throwing her covers back, she was quick to dress in her uniform. Here on the ship, it was nothing more than a warm white long sleeve shirt and over that, dark blue scrubs. To her breast pocket, she affixed her rank pin and hooked her ID badge into place. Lastly she clipped her saber to her belt and headed off into the fray.

She had to shore up her emotions and fast, bringing up any and every guard she could to prevent the pain and suffering from the injured from getting through to her and bringing the petite Jedi Master to her knees.

Eyes moved, flicking across her triage room. People were rushing everywhere, commands being shouted, but the little redhead seemed to be in her own worlds. Moving in her own way through a sea of patients. She'd do whatever she could to ease the pain and move on to the next patient.

Finally coming to a rather severely injured patient, Coryth stopped. With great care she sat in bed along the soldier, he'd been marked for dead. Too badly injured, too far gone but that was not what the force told her. The force called to her and reminded her, he was worth saving. And so the little redhead began to work. Her eyes closed lightly, fingers working across wounds as she envisioned herself smaller and smaller, working at a cellular level willing things to heal and regenerate quickly.

As the Jedi worked, the man's vitals were swiftly changing. Minute by minute he was getting closer to stable. Stable enough to let the surgeons have him, and that was exactly where she wanted him to be. Time passed, and finally she felt a weakened hand upon hers and her eyes opened, the glow fading from her hands as she stopped. The man was now awake. Giving him a knowing smile, she whispered, "Everything's going to be alright."

Coryth then got up and headed to the lists. For her surgical team, she bumped that particular soldier from the beyond help list, to the top of the surgical board. Quickly she wrote a list of needed procedures, and lefts it at that. It was someone else's job from there.

HK-36

HK was on one of the shuttles which arrived with the wounded. They were running low on stretchers, he came in carrying one of the wounded, the tall droid was seen, cleaned from the dried blood and mud, moving through the crowds, helping the wounded settle in.
He stabilized many of them, having knowledge of medical procedures, which were sharpened by Doctor Veron'Icka some time ago, he provided first aid to many wounded on the field of battle.

While Cory helped with healing the wounded, HK kept on helping in transporting them from the shuttles, it were most likely a couple of hours before he was finished.
However, once that task was finished, he would need to find Cory. He moved in strides through the hallways and rooms, checking every short redhead in order to find Doctor Elaris.
Five random encounters or so,
He would finally be able to identify her, stepping in from behind, he would reach to put his hand on her shoulder, speaking softly
"Cory? Can I talk to you for a second?"

Every now and then Cory would catch sight of @[member="HK-36"], but she had no time to stop and say hello. Both of them seemed busy, rushing around and managing patients in whatever ways they could.

Time passed agonizingly slow for the redheaded doctor as she worked on each patient and sent so many off to surgery. Dozens to recovery units for more minor wounds, and far too many to the morgue. She needed time alone, after informing her superiors, she clocked out and headed off to a quiet dark room. She wasn't alone but sharing a patients room. This one passed out from surgery and only the faint sounds from the heart monitor, the only noise heard as she turned the lights out and sat cross-legged on the floor. Drawing upon the force, she sank down into him, meditating to regain her strength for she'd need it in the hours to come and knew it.

A good twenty minutes had by and finally Coryth came back around and slowly pushed off from the floor. Coming out into the hall she jumped as HK laid a hand down on her shoulder. She spun on her heels, fast to face him. A hand on her chest, trying to catch her breath. "Iron, you scared the crap out of me." The little redhead, smiling despite the roughness of the situation, of the day. For this was her life, her duty and it felt good to be in the thick of it and needed so desperately. After a moment the redhead seemed to have gotten her composure back.

"Sure, sure hun ... What's up?" She asked, still bright and bubbly. It never crossed her mind that what he was going to say could have possibly been bad news her for, not at all.

HK-36

HK reached to take Coryth's hands, softly, into his larger metal hands, his digits softly wrapping around hers as he guided her back into the darker, lonelier room.
"Cory, when I was down there during the battle, I have received a transmission from Sarge."
He began, telling her the background of it. He was not sure if Sarge was dead, he would not tell her that he was, but what he would say is that chances of his survival are low, and he will come back to look for him when possible.
But for now, he looked at the smaller redhead, watching how she will take in each piece of the news.

@[member="HK-36"]
Coryth frowned a little as her eyes followed his hands, watched as he wrapped his fingers around hers, pulling her back into the room she'd only been moments before. Her eyes moved to study his face, though the droid's features gave away so little. He, she was not able to read into like other organics. There was just nothing that would tell her of what was to come.

Glancing over her shoulder, she almost expected Sarge to be there. But a dark sick feeling was starting to form in her gut. "What happened Iron? Where is Sarge?" She asked, concern creeping into her voice. It's fine, everything is fine ... He promised he'd come back to me. Thoughts to try and calm herself down.

HK-36

He softly brushed over her hands with his metal thumbs
"The fight has been very fierce and hard, he is missing in action, Cory, we did not meet up with him."
He looked down at her hands
"It does not mean he is dead, Cory, but you know how slim the chances are."
He looked up to her, into her eyes once more
"I promise I will find him yet."

@[member="HK-36"]

She pulled one of her hands away so fast, covering her mouth to try and stifle a pained shriek. The little redhead couldn't breathe, her entire body trembling. She was trying so hard, so desperately to make her body obey, to get air in her lungs. It was life a knife through the heart and slowly she could feel it twisting in her chest, ripping at her. She shook her head furiously. "No .... No ... no ..." Her voice breaking, cracking badly as the tears began to fall.

Taking a step backwards she felt the wall against her back. For a moment she stood there, but her knees soon gave way beneath her. Both hands came to her lips, in utter shock. She even from the ships could feel the pain, the agony from the world when they fighting was happening. Then all the wounded. The terrible deaths. Even HK confirming the slim possibility... With the things she'd seen in the weeks coming up to this battle ... Her heart told him he was gone. "Don't ... Don't.." She shook her head, "Make ... Promises .... You ... Cannot ... Keep." The words spoken between raspy breaths.

Panic was harshly setting in. She couldn't breathe, couldn't and it was only getting harder as she tried to compensate by taking more short panicked breaths. The little redhead cried out in agony. An ear-piercing shriek of pain as she lost control upon her empathy. All the pain in the ships now came flooding into her. Her mind in this state could not take the extra agony on top of the horrid pain that was ripping through her already. Gods WHY?! Why!! You've taken EVERYTHING from me! And you take him too! She was so angry, in so much pain and still it was just getting worse and more folks inched to the brink of death.

With the new pains only increasing ten told ever minute that she could not draw her guards back up, another scream fell from her lips. Drawing her knees to her chest as both hands reached up to her head clinging to it, anything to try and ease her own agony. But nothing was seeming to help. Weakened already from all of her work with the wounded, this now was the final straw of what the tiny woman could take. Her mind, simply had enough. The darkness crept in on her vision and soon the little jedi fell limp against the wall in a place far away from the suffering reality had brought to her door step. Coryth just couldn't handle it all. Losing Sarge wasn't a reality she was ready to face. Not now.

HK-36

HK slid down next to Coryth, sitting besides her, he reached out, putting his arm around her, attempting to comfort her
"Cory, I will find him. Sarge is not that easy to kill, and those undead were focused on my squad and me, he probably slipped away from them."
He tried to softly rub her back
"You need to have faith, Cory, you cannot let yourself be taken into shadows."
He looked at her, speaking softly
"He would not want you to fall into shadows, and would I."
HK knew what it was, most of his life is based on losing others, his family, his friends, he saw most of them taken away by either the Sith or time itself.

@[member="HK-36"]

Coryth was weak, limp, barely moving. Her mind in utter agony and raw, open to all the suffering in the ship. This much personal pain, she could not control, could not keep her guards up and could not defend against the onslaught of misery in the ship. She was slipping away right through HK-36's grip. Darkness creeping in with the pain, with her too weakened to otherwise push it away.
"Find him? How? I know what was down there. Chances are there isn't even an arm of him left." She said coldly, though weaker.

"I've lost everyone Iron. Everyone I've ever come to know, care and love. And now this? Him too?" She shook her head slowly, tiredly. She tried to shift in his arms, but her legs failed her. Nothing seemed to work for her and the tiny woman just kept sobbing on, endless tears to endless pain and agony. No doubt all of those on board were feeling her pains with her Empathy open to the world. "It seems it's not my right to love. To care. To have anyone who gives a lick for me. Alone, I'm always alone. I've been alone for eleven years. Eleven. Ever since my fiance died. Alone." She muttered.

"I need to get out of here. To leave. Now." She said softly but so firmly still. Her mind getting worse in the muddled pool of emotions and pain around here. "Please, just get me out of here. Take me somewhere far from the pain, the suffering. I can't block it out. I can't." Panic creeping in, but she was still weakened more so than she should have been. "Or drug me, make me sleep, please ... just do something."

HK-36

"Cory,"
HK spoke
"You are looking at a droid who killed three Sith Emperors."
He slowly caressed her shoulder
"If there is anybody who can do impossible things, it is me."
He then lifted her up in his arms as he began to head towards the nearest free shuttle
"And there is still someone who will keep you company, me, and I may not have a tongue,"
He glanced to her
"But I do give a lick."
As he carried her out of there, there was still something else he needed to say,
"As for the loneliness.. have I ever told you about my adopted son?"

@[member="HK-36"]

Coryth barely moved, shocked still. Everything was moving agonizingly slowly. Her heart hurt, her whole body ached, and not from her work. No, losing Sarge was too much. Way too much for her, and it pained her so much. Much more than she knew how to manage alone.

"Maybe Iron, but ... I don't believe in miracles anymore. I can't. So much death around me, friends, lovers. Forgive me, but I don't believe he's coming back home. Not this time. Not like he promised." She burst into a sobbing fit, her shoulders shaking with every cry, every breath. For her part, she had to be a realist, and odds were more than stacked against Sarge.

She sighed softly, trying to calm herself. People did need her here in the infirmary, but the tiny redhead was useless now. Completely and absolutely useless. The force couldn't even help her protect herself from the pains and misery around her. She couldn't even muster the strength to touch it. "I'm glad you do. Don't have many others ... One, maybe two. That I truly care for. Truly love." Someday they'll be gone and I'll still be here.

"No, you haven't." She still wasn't really moving, light gone from her eyes. There was no more brilliant sparkle that seemed to remain in even the most dark of hours.

HK-36

Nodded as he recounted the events.
"He was a Jedi, one of my students, at a time the Republic and the Jedi were in war against the Sith, as they often are. I trained him and watched him grow up since he was an initiate with the Jedi. He became a protege in the arts of a sword, a master among his colleagues, as such, he joined the ranks of Jedi Guardians, and when he became a knight he asked if he could be adopted by me, something I agreed to even though the Council did not recognize it as official, but it was something real for us."
His monotone echoed through the metal halls as he carried Cory still in his metal arms
"He was still a Jedi at the time and I was still a supporter of anti-celibacy movement, which was soon to change. You see, my son met another Jedi knight and fell in love with her, by the time I learned about it they were planning to get married in secrecy, I agreed to marry them, of course."
He glanced slightly to Cory
"They were married on the plains of Dantooine at sunset, it was not too long before the Council learned about this, unfortunately."
He looked back ahead as he carried her
"He was exiled for his actions and the Jedi sent teams of Shadows in order to hunt him down and bring him to justice as they said. I have misled them many times in their pursuits, few times even facing them in order to halt their chase, as a result I have fallen out of the Council's grace but they allowed me to continue my work with the Order. It was when my granddaughter was born and I had to face another ambush of Shadows soon afterwards that my son and I agreed to cease contact with each other until things calmed down."
HK slightly looked aside as he kept talking
"Years passed until I heard news of him once more, in mean time the Council of Sith Lords has fallen from the control of the Sith and a new Emperor has risen to led them. He led an ambush attack onto a Temple of Tython where I took part in a rescue mission, however, we arrived too late, instead of survivors we found a massacre of the Jedi."
He glanced back to Cory
"I decided to track the new Emperor and hunt him, I have had enough of his massacres and slaughter. I have tracked him to Mustafar where he went on a lone retreat, that is where I ambushed him. I tell people now that my son has died during the war with the Sith, in the Battle of Mustafar, however, I do not tell them on which side he has fallen."
And he glanced back ahead of himself
"I learned that day that my son was the new Emperor, he joined the Sith as the Jedi attacks on his family did not ceased, the Sith offered him protection, he did not had much choice. The skills in lightsaber I have taught him came useful then as he rose through their ranks."
HK nodded
"I have taught him well."
He looked to Cory
"But I did not taught him everything I knew. He fell on Mustafar, in our duel he did not took the chance to back down and be arrested as I offered him, I was forced to decapitate my own son, the second Emperor of the Sith I have slain, and the one for whose death I was exiled from the Order. That day I learned why the Jedi are offered celibacy, it is because they can fall so easily and so far once they break that restriction, they have great power but it does come at a restriction, they need to be much more careful when they deal with pulls of passion and love, for it can drown them into darkness over the fear of the losing the loved ones. I took my son's bone mask off of his corpse, I put on his black robes and burned his body in the lava of Mustafar. I put on his mask and clothing, calling myself the next Sith Emperor as I began issuing orders for the Sith to surrender. It created chaos among their ranks, they did not knew whether to follow my orders or those of other Sith Lords, who fought among each other to fill the power vacuum. I did not overstayed my welcome, rejecting the black robes soon after, and hiding the white mask of my son on Dagobah, it was not until recently that I recovered it, the dark powers of the Sith still clinging to it."
He glanced ahead of them into the corridor
"You know what is most painful about it, Cory? I have never found the rest of my family, thousands of years has passed as I never reconnected with what I have lost then, my daughter-in-law and my granddaughter are long death, turned to ash as I kept existing. And every time I remember my son, it is not just memories that droids remember, we remember all of it, the sounds, the visions, we relive it. I have relived killing my own son thousands times over now, Cory, and it does not get easier."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom