Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past Memories for A New Generation

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
500px-TelosIV.png
"Telos IV...or so it was once called. Now, little more than rock floating though the darkened skies of space, believed to be nothing more than a home to the ghosts of those that once inhabited this world. In a way, it is a bit poetic. A troubled planet that met such an end is now little more than a reminder of what once occurred, and very well could occur once more." Her eyes narrowed as the seemed to become engrossed on the hologram of what the planet once resembled, as if she were scanning over it for something.​
"My Master is a historian, collector of all things of the past. Matsu is one that will always teach you the value of once what was. If not for her, I would have interest in this wasteland. However, there is something here that has caught my ire. Upon its surface, there is said to be a facility, One that many, Jedi and Sith alike, have found their way to. It's questionable whether or not there is anything there, or if it still stands, but there is only one way to know for sure. Isn't that what makes such a trip worth while?.."​
Aika could easily feel the presence of those behind her, the ones who had chosen to follow her. As time rolled on, she had spent less and less time training those who were eager to learn, and even less time physically standing beside The Sanctum. Most recently, she had found herself in the Outer Rim, Tatooine to be exact. The reason she was out in such a place to begin with was known only to herself, and she was the only one aware of the events that took place upon its surface. Perhaps if certain others had been around, their might be reason to tread lightly. But there was no one to peer into her thoughts, no one that could decipher what had happened from her memory. And, as always, the enigmatic Master preferred it that way.​
Not taking her eyes from the hologram that was emitted from the console in the center room of the transport, she sighed softly, almost sorrowfully. "There is a bit of time before we'll be landing. I'm sure at last one of you has come across this planet in your studies, and taken some knowledge from it."​
[member="Syala Daivik"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Serana"] - [member="Serenna"] - [member="Lerinku Matni"]

[member="Aika Kawakami"]

She was looking at the planet and the master who had assembled them all. Her attention on working with the different things as her satchels were on her back tucked under her wings with thoughts and her saber all around. She was looking at the planet and had spent time researching it... mostly to make sure she was able to walk and navigate around on the planet with her hooves and wings. "I read a little about it but not much master Kawakami." Looking at some of the things she stood tall and ready for anything while the golden circlet was on her ankle. Her lightsaber as the ready but more then that she was seeing the others. "Should be a fun time."

[member="Aika Kawakami"]

Serenna was looking over the planet and looked at Aika.... really that and this was it. She had known Aika befre from reputation but nothing this extreme while going forward with some of the ideas. That they were on Telos and searching the world for something could only mean one important thing. Aika was totally leading them to find things to ride away from prying eyes. Yes she would spil the surprise, Aika wanted to ride a boma and not get in trouble so come here where it lives in peace and ride it to her hearts content and then they could return to Voss and no one would be the wiser for it. "We are here for the supposed enclave aren't we?"

Telos IV.

Had he heard of it? "I was a youngling," the boy recalled, brooding aloud and choosing to ignore the complete irony of that statement. "Just apprenticed to Azul Gol -- a Watchman assigned to the Outer Rim."

Even now, decades... centuries later... it was impossible for the boy to utter the name of his former Master without a swell of emotion. Those had been good times. Dark days. Darker nights. But good memories, which had lingered long after Azul Gol had become one with the Force.

"We heard of a civil disturbance on Telos, but there were unstable events taking place everywhere at that time," the youngling knight recalled, speaking of the last days of the Old Republic. "My master and I got caught up in the events of the Hyperspace War, and then I didn't make it back out to the Outer Rim until the Clone Wars."

Which had, of course, become the Great Jedi Purge.

And, by extension, how Sor-Jan had wound up in this time, this place.

Looking up, the green-robed Jedi boy looked over at his companions as he tucked his arms inside the sleeve of his Corellian cloak.

[member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Serenna"] | [member="Serana"]​

Aika Kawakami

Though her head never turned, Aika would acknowledge each of them. "Well, it would seem that some have you have been vigilant in your studies. Yes, here on Telos stands an enclave, or what may remain of it. The fact that it may very well still stand to this day is a testament to the strength of what the Jedi can build. At the same time, nothing stands forever without someone coming in search of it. As I said before, many Force sensitive beings have made their way to it, for one reason or another."

For the first time since they head began speak, she turned slightly, just enough to lay eyes upon Sor-Jan, narrowing somewhat as she examined him. "A civil disturbance is far from what occurred. The surface of the planet was bombarded, turned to ashes. It was a massacre, one of such a proportion that it could be felt through the Force for years. There was little suffering, only because it was replaced with much death. Years later, the Republic assisted in the attempt to restore the surface to what it once was, and it nearly suffered the same fate again. You must all be aware, there is much that can be taken from the Iced Enclave. Being a Consular means being able to use ones mind to its fullest capacity. Something that only be done if the mind continually expands and is enriched."

The voice form the cockpit shot back at them, her usual Pilot Captain Valen grabbing their attention. "Heads up! We're passing through the atmosphere. Should be landing in just a few minutes!"

Her head nodded. "I do hope you all are prepared for what is to come..."

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Serenna"] - [member="Serana"]

Far from what occurred?

A bold statement, considering only one of the two of them was alive during those events. He paused to consider her remarks, realizing that while she'd asked generally about what they knew of Telos IV, it seemed she had in mind a specific history with regard to the planet. One thousands of years prior to his lifetime.

Should he have read her mind to know that was the singular event she wanted to focus on?

"Forgive me, Master, but a civil disturbance is precisely what occurred," the young Anzat remarked, looking up at the woman. "...in 31 BrS that is."

Hadn't he prefaced his remarks with the fact that he'd been a Jedi Youngling then? How old did people think he was? "You speak of a time thousands of years before I came to Coruscant," the boy remarked, adding, "Being a Consular also means speaking and hearing clearly, I suspect."

He was just a Jedi Knight however. He'd leave the determination of what qualities a Consular ought best possess to those better qualified to make such a determination.

[member="Serenna"] | [member="Serana"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"]​

Standing quietly behind his fellow Jedi, Lerinku listened to them discuss the approaching mission. With his palms sweating at his sides, the Padawan focused on his breathing, hoping to not allow his anxiety to slip into the Force and make his fellows aware of his unease. Being his first mission out of Voss, it was understandable for the young man to be anxious, yet this was still mixed with traces of excitement. Telos IV was a world that he had never come across until Master Kawakami had briefed him on the mission specs. The Mirialan was quite thrilled to be experiencing another one of the many environs in the galaxy. Absorbing all the information that each Jedi provided, he hoped that these detail would be enough to help them handle whatever dangers awaited them on the surface.

As the announcement ringed through the space craft, Rinku's heart picked up its pace, the beating beginning to pound in his ears. Ignoring the beating, Rinku gripped his training saber tightly, looking dead ahead at the Jedi Master as she spoke her final words before their landing.

[member="Aika Kawakami"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Serenna"] - [member="Serana"]

[member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

The master talking had her attention at the ready and she was prepared. "Well then we should be ready for anything that might be down there. I recommend using the environmental shields from Master Ike, it can protect from weather on hoth and poison rain on raxus. Not a bad thing to have for keep yourself able to move." She looked at the gold circlet. "Also stylish this is impotant when you are trying to look serious." She had a grin on her face as the chiss stood next to the others and it was almost like all the shades of the spectrum though. "You know we would look awesome if one of you two were a zeltron. We could like be a cool group they would make holoshows about."

[member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Aika Kawakami"]

She was ready for anything and if there was conflict or dangerous things happening they would be prepared as the tall padawan looked to the one jedi knight that looked like a child and yeah she wasn't fully certain pounding her hoof a little into the floor of the ship. "We can get in good and I have been looking to stretch my wings out for awhile. Anyone feel like flying around?" What passed for a smile came from the alicorn while she stopped taking position behind them as one of the strangest teams of jedi ever assembled. A horse, a child like being, a blue and green jedi. like something for a terrible holovid party game with dice.

Apologies for the late reply, I've been a bit swept up in the holidays.

For the majority of the trip Syala had remained silent, merely listening to what conversation was made and otherwise feeling her way through the gathering with the Force itself as a guide. What was perceived as something just short of bickering between [member="Aika Kawakami"] and [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] had been noted just as soon as it occurred, and she pushed a calming wave of the Force outwards, hoping to soothe the tension before it reached unmanageable levels. Stepping forward just slightly, she spoke, "The both of you are correct. You're just thousands of years apart in your timelines." Perhaps it wasn't necessary that she intervene, but she had learned to trust her instinct early on. "The archives would prove you both right."

Nodding in respect to the both of them she seemed to melt back into the gathering, and she stood next to one whose nerves she had sensed early on ([member="Lerinku Matni"]). "There isn't a need to be nervous, Padawan." Once again an aura of warmth extended outwards, one that would hopefully put him at ease, even if it was just for a moment or two. "I'm certain everything will be fine." It was just like her, assuring others of a positive outcome even if she knew better than most that the future was far from carved in stone. But this was an outing of curiosity, not a mission of war. "Be at peace."

[member="Serana"], [member="Serenna"]

While the bickering and discussions continued, the shuttle descended further to the surface of the planet. Rinku's nerves flickered like a flame, flourishing and ebbing as oxygen continued to feed it. While he managed to control or at least hide these emotions from the rest of his fellow Jedi, he watched as another Jedi spoke, however unlike the previous Knights and Masters who seemed to weird harsher tones, this Jedi spoke with the tone of a diplomat. Her voice seemed to be imbued with a calm aura as she sought to wash away the tension that was beginning to fester within the two leading Jedi.
Looking at the woman with admiration, his heart leaped as she turned to him, reassuring him in a soft voice. Like before her words washed away his fear and anxiety, leaving him calm and self assured. Rinku felt safe. For the first time in a long while, the Mirialan felt comfortable with his new role and no longer held the same fear that normally accompanied him since his first arrival on Voss. A small smile appeared on his lips, something that had seemed like a rare occurrence as of late. Returning his gaze to the female Jedi, he offered her a grateful smile.

"Thank you for your reassuring words Master."

[member="Syala Daivik"] - [member="Aika Kawakami"] - [member="Serana"] - [member="Serenna"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Aika Kawakami

Lips curled at the corners, Aika couldn't help but simply grin. This was precisely what she wanted. A group, all of different mindsets and outlooks. There was no interest in leading those who would simply do as they are told, without the slightest of thought of their own. It definitely made it easier to look each one of them in the eye, and know exactly where they stood. Except that flying pony...she would never look that thing in the eye. Ever...

Doing a complete 180, she turned to face the group, eyes falling upon Sor-Jan. "For someone who was spouting off about hearing and speaking, you certainly proved you are not capable of doing both at this point. At no point did I say there was no disturbance. I simply implied that there was far more to it than that. On the other hand.." Her arms raised just slightly, pointing toward Syala. "She was able to dispel the slight tension while simultaneously bringing all to understand that we both provided valid and correct facts." Her eyes shifted toward the girl, chuckling slightly. "A truly diplomatic approach, if I do say so myself. However, not every disagreement can be solved so simply. You may need to push a little harder. Too aggressive, like him, and you'll only create animosity. Too soft, and you will never make your point heard. As with everything, it is an act of balance."

A small sigh escaped her lips as she could feel the vessel rounding about, an almost insignificant twitch in the back of her mind. "It would seem we are about to arrive at our destination. I do recommend you bring yourself something warm as I have no intention of bringing frozen Padawans and Knights back to Voss. Meet the by loading ramp once your prepared. Dismissed." With a swift pivot, her arms crossed over her chest, heading toward the loading ramp herself to await both their arrival, and the others.

[member="Lerinku Matni"] - [member="Syala Daivik"] - [member="Serana"] - [member="Serenna"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

[member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

She continued to listen to the master while they were movign and she was ready going near the loading ramp with a smile on her face that showed a lot of teeth before her attention went to the other jedi there. She wanted to ask more and more questions though while checking her circlet and then her pack one final time while moving to join the jedi master. "I am ready to go master Kawakami." A quick nod of her head as she stood tall and ready for anything bringing her wings in closer and grinding on the metal floor the hooves. The other padawan in there with her was awesome and cool so they would have to stick together for safety or to keep notes.

Standing beside his fellow Jedi, he took comfort in the fact that he was now part of such an illustrious group. As Master Kawakami announced their arrival on the planet, Rinku looked around, not wanting to make a move until he could watch the preparations of the other Jedi. Having been his first outing as an official Jedi protector, the Mirialan was unsure what to take with him, so watching those more experienced would hopefully provide an ample idea of the necessities when venturing into unknown territories.

Having been given an idea of what seemed suitable for the planet surface, Rinku hurried over to his own rucksack, retrieving the cold weather equipment along with his utility belt. Adjusting several pockets to his belt, Rinku even added a packet of jerky rations, which he had heard to be quite a treat as far as rations go. With his gear prepared, the Mirialan did as the Jedi Master had instructed and ventured towards the boarding ramp, waiting for the others to gather as well.

[member="Serana"] - [member="Aika Kawakami"] - [member="Syala Daivik"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Serenna"]

[member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

The chiss looked at the master and shook her head. She was ready for the fun stuff and the good times going into this while her attention went to some of the things. "I am ready master, we got what we need or should by now." SHe looked over at Aika with her red eyes while finishing up. She was ready, this ragtag team of awesome was ready and they could do no wrong compared to some she had seen while clinking her circlet and earrings feeling the force energies coming from them.

Aika Kawakami

Sorry for the sudden silence... Got kinda sick. All better now!

She had no need to look behind her, neither did she need to try and sense what was going on either. There was no doubt that the others would follow suit, regardless of what she said or did. Not that they were pawns, but they simply followed their leader as they were told to. "Now, I would recommend you all staying somewhat close to one another. There is no telling what could be awaiting us."

The vessel swung around as it came in for a landing, the ship rattling a bit in the rough winds. It would be just a few moments before the small vessel came to rest upon the Ice Academy's landing area. As soon as the ramp began to lower, a gust of freezing air rushed into the ship, one that all would feel regardless of the clothing worn. The voice of their pilot, Aika's ever present and mouthy Captain Valen, rung through the ship for all to hear. "Whenever you guys are ready, I'll be right here. Someone has to keep the engines warm. Plus, no offense, but I don't think I really want to rummage through some old building."

"As always, your welcome to stay aboard the ship, Captain. We will return shortly." With that, she stepped off and down the ramp. Reaching the bottom, her head rolled back, glancing upwards at the building. Turning towards her left, her eyes caught sight of something disturbing. The door that led up into the Academy was slightly ajar. Her steps began, as she made her way towards it.

"Remain on your guard. I sense we are not alone..."

[member="Serenna"] [member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Serana"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

[member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Syala Daivik"]

She was watching her while the master started to get the things underway and Serana stood there for a moment before she had her saber on her horn and deactivated. Easily able to handle it before she was trotting up and over some of the things seeing the door to the academy before spreading her wings and stretching them as her senses crept out along the world and she was moving into the air to hover and fly as well as give a small advantage to them for being able to search out and find things before she was going overhead listening to the other creatures on the planet amazed by a flying horse.

[member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Lerinku Matni"] [member="Syala Daivik"]

Well alright it was time to begin and the chiss was heading out as she touched her mass of hair and checked it to make sure it was properly tied back so it wouldn't get in the way of looking over things or in her mouth bothering her if she had to try and speak. They would have to work on some of the things before she clasped her hands together in front of herself while she walked up towards the doors. She wasn't bringing weapons and would have to be diplomatic but the others looked like they knew how to defend themselves as she was working with some of her attention going back to Aika who was the loremaster.... or former loremaster but things were always strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom