Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Partying in Coruscant

Outfit: Dress
Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

It had been a tough week of dealing with training, honing her skills and attempting to get back into the swing of fighting again. She was attempting to be ready to take on a Padawan, she needed to be able to teach combat and fighting abilities. Kat's innate combat abilities meant that while she was rusty, she was still highly skilled while rusty. It didn't help that her sleep was limited currently, whenever she tried sleeping, nightmares would plague her. Faces from those that she lost, from the battles she fought and from the idea she was not truly worthy of love. While she had been focused on finding herself and ensuring that she was balanced before a woman came into her life, Kat couldn't deny that she was missing the comforts of being with someone. Having a connection that could only be shared with that person.

So, with a week like that, heading out for a few drinks, dance the night away and maybe even finding a woman to take back to her rented apartment. It all sounded too good, too tempting that she could not refuse. However, when she arrived at the first club, she was drinking. Just drinking, soaking in the mood of the club and getting lost in the noise but the beat did not drag her away from the bar. She couldn't find interest beyond getting the next drink. Swearing that after she finished that one then she would check out the dancefloor and see who was around to interest her. Sighing deeply, she was going to feel sorry for whatever Padawan was chosen to be hers to train. She didn't know how to get out of this spiral she was in, before she would contact her friends, family but everyone was moving on with their lives and she didn't want to disturb them.

Sighing, Kat raised her hand and ordered another drink.

Coruscant-Club Scene

He was totally out of his element, completely. Aiden entered the club dressed as...well. Truth be told he had never been in a club before and he just hoped he was dressed like somewhat okay. Granted he was here to find a force user by the name of Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

He was looking for her to request some lightsaber training. However if this was how the venture was going to start, this should be very interesting.

There was word that she was here in the club, there was always gossip that traveled through the Temple and even the outside sources. While Aiden was no gossiper or anything of that sort. His ears just happened to pick up stuff that he perhaps didn't want to know or would be useful information. He had never seen or met her before so he didn't even know what to look for, other than a girl dressed up how these girls dressed up these clubs.

Oh dear. Aiden thought with a nervous laugh. "What in the world am I doing. I should just send her a message instead of this" Aiden whispered as he smiled somewhat to himself as he glanced around. It wasn't that he was scared, but he was just extremely nervous. He could try to heal the world, but step into a club and he's back in his crib again.

What would Addison do....

NOPE! Don't do that!

Deciding to shelve the internal conversation he was having. His eyes fell upon the bar, usual place for gossip, almost like a watering hole for animals.

There was a girl to his right in a green dress, that he noticed. And a Ithorian to his left, he glanced between the two and chuckled nervously. He turned to the Ithorian, and the Ithorian turned to him. Aiden was about to say something, in reference to who he was looking for. Then stopped and turned to the girl in the green dress. "Nice, you look. I mean, you look nice...." Aiden faced the front as he turned somewhat red, now looking at the bartender who was just staring at him.

"Can I have a water?"

She was sipping her whisky, enjoying the music in the background, several drinks in now and her mind wandered away from the dark looming thoughts and calmed into a blissful ignorance. Allowing her to finally just enjoy the ongoing events behind her as the Ithorian bartender kept her drink topped up. Kat noticed a young guy sit nearby and offer her a compliment, it only caused the Echani to chuckle deeply and shake her head, "next time, don't be vague, mention something in particular you like the look of when you hit on a girl. Shows you are paying attention instead of focusing on poor pickup lines. Though in this case, you are not my type since you are a lot younger and not the right gender." Kat smirked as she gestured for a refill of her drink. Turning around to face the dancefloor.

"So, what brings a young Jedi Padawan completely out of his element to a nightclub like this?" Kat asked, before nodding at him, "because you are very clearly a Jedi and very clearly out of your own element." Kat stated as if there was no questioning her statement. She paid for the water and her own drink, taking another sip. "Escaping the temple for crazy fun or searching for someone in particular? Cause there are a lot of clubs and even more people so finding someone is going to be beyond tricky." Kat warned though she had a sneaking suspicion that this boy was searching for her.

It would be just her luck that her night out would be cut short because some Padawan was determined to find her for one reason or another. It would also be most interesting thing going on though since he had clearly gone through a lot of effort to get here.

Coruscant-Club Scene

Aiden chuckled nervously as he looked towards her. "Is it that obvious?" Aiden asked as he glanced around before looking back at her. He turned to grab his glass of water and he took a small drink. "I'm actually not hitting on you, I'm just trying to engage conversation to get some information." He said with a small laugh. Granted she was pretty, but that wasn't the case here. And even if he had, she cleared stated she wasn't interested.

"Thanks."
Aiden said as he raised the glass towards her, since she paid for it. He turned around and took a look around at the placed. He couldn't help but smile as he closed his eyes for a moment, the place itself was indeed made for those that wanted to have fun. But a deeper look into it there was pain. Not in everyone, but in some of them. Aiden had indeed become good when it came to sensing those around him. He by far had not perfected the technique, but every day he was getting better.

Just take it day by day.

He turned back around and opened his eyes. Reaching for the glass again and taking another drink. His senses were telling him that she was indeed Kat Decoria Kat Decoria .

"I believe I'm looking for you." He said a confident nod of his head. However he didn't want to ruin her night. "I have some questions, but they can wait."

"You want some company?"
Aiden wasn't going to drink, but if she truly needed the company he wouldn't mind staying and looking after her.

She sense the nervous energy coming from him as she focused on the view of the dancefloor, wondering about what the dancers were thinking about, were they stressed or just lost in the craze of dancing. Finishing the glass, she set it aside and paused, shifting her glance from the dancefloor and towards the young Padawan. He was apparently seeking out information and wasn't intending to hit on him. "Well, in that case, you would be better off attempting to buy my drink and saying up front you want information. Confusion can make people less willing to give information. What I learnt when I researched Jedi Shadows back in the day." Kat stated.

It seemed that the kid was here looking for her, which was odd, people rarely sought her out. In fact, she hadn't thought anyone would be needing her assistance with anything yet. Shrugging, Kat looked over to the bartender, "got a booth in the back free?" The guy nodded his head.

"Open a tab for me, would make the kid pay but doubt he has the funds for this. I never had much as a Padawan." Looking over to the Padawan. "Got questions, best to get them answered now. Lingering around is only going to get you more nervous and antsy. And not like I can flirt with a woman with you hanging around as well." Kat spoke plainly, grabbing a refilled glass of whisky, she guided Aiden to the back where the music was diminished and they could talk without having to shout over the music.

Sitting on one side of the booth, she gestured to Aiden to take the other side, "so, what questions you got? Not a Jedi and not been one for many years now so not sure what I can offer in terms of advice there." Kat stated, watching him, curious to know what he was here for. "Well, before your questions, tell me your name since you already know mine."

Jedi shadows....

Aiden couldn't help but look on completely impressed. While he was on Coruscant he had learned a great deal about his fellow Jedi, their trials and tribulations that they had to go through. It was a mixture of emotions to hear what individuals went through as they navigated throughout their lives. Everyone had a story and each one was unique. Aiden hoped to learn and aid those that he could, or those that wanted his help. He was a Jedi like these people after all. "I'd like to Join the shadows for a time. Later on in life..." Aiden added at the end, if he were to join now he might get eaten up and spit back out. He heard training for the Shadows was a dedicated and complex art. It took much focus, and it was something right now he knew he wasn't ready for.

"Well....." Aiden said as he reached in his pockets. "I've got a few credits, suppose I could buy a few drinks?" Aiden asked as he showed her what he had as he followed her to the back booth. He handed the credits towards the bartender, "However many drinks she can get with this, get them please?" Aiden spoke softly and then he had to repeat again because he had to remind himself that he was in a club.

He took a seat opposite side of her as he took another drink from his glass of water.

"My name is Aiden Porte, obviously not now. But I could use some help, in the ways of combat. Whatever training you can offer." Aiden inquired, he was all about learning. And he would work his tail off and put the work in to get that accomplished.

"Were you ever officialy with the Shadows, or was it just research?" Aiden asked eagerly, wanting to know more about that.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Kat tilted her head at him and noted that he seemed overly impressed with her knowledge and past adventures. It was also very clear that the boy was curious about the Jedi Shadows and what that kind of work entailed. "Shadows is a big commitment and you would need to find a Jedi that can show you the best way to approach such a path." Kat mentioned as she refused the boy to pay for her drinks and put his credits away, "I didn't say you had to buy my drinks, keep your money and save it for another day." Her tone was stern, she was not going to have this boy spend all his coin for a few questions, that wasn't her style.

"Why do you need to learn how to fight from me? Don't you have a Master that can teach you?" Kat asked as she drunk her whisky deeply, her gaze focused on the kid. She was curious as to why he was here and surprised that she was who he was turning to. "I can teach you to fight aye, but I am also Echani, the way I learnt to fight and the way I teach... It is different, carries weight that others will not burden you with." Kat stated, sparring and teaching another to fight was sacred to Kat. It was a level of intimacy that few would ever see from her.

Finishing her glass, she waited for the bartender to refill it, "being a Shadow was a dream I held once, decade or so ago due to a crush and deep admiration for a Jedi Shadow, I took part in a single mission but I was never a Shadow, just an admirer of one." Kat answered honestly as she sipped her drink, "my path was never for Shadow work, I became a healer instead. An Echani that doesn't fight." Kat chuckled deeply.

"Well, its more of a knowledge thing." Aiden said with a small smirk, as he took a drink from his glass of water. "I was always taught a Jedi is forever learning, regardless of the rank. There was always something more that could be taught." Aiden smiled as he thought back to when his father told him that. That he himself even at his age was still learning something, you were never to old to stop learning.

"And, well I do have a Master, but I like to learn from a multitude of people. Everyone has something different to teach, a different aspect of training. There are so many variables to consider. I know I won't learn them all in my lifetime, but I'd like to say I attempted. Whether I fail or not, as long as the attempt is there."

Aiden laughed and he shook his head. With all of his talk, he was more than sure he was ruining this girls night. However he wouldn't want to keep her to much longer. Nothing worse than some headstrong padawan ruining a Jedi's night out.

"If you will allow me, I'd like to learn. I've heard of the Echani before, but I never knew anyone that was versed in their ways."

And there it was again, as if it was a fly pestering him. She too had an issue with love or perhaps something less of a nature with someone. He wondered how that was dealt with. It was something he would need to figure out, just because it was constantly there nagging him.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Nodding her head, "aye, even a master healer can learn something new every day and can learn something new from even a novice if they keep their minds open to such possibilities. Ego can be the greatest weakness anyone can face because they believe they know more than everyone below them, not realising that they could miss even the most obvious things due to such blindness." Kat stated in affirmation of what Aiden had said but letting him know that anyone and everyone can be blind in seeking to learn more.

"Now, as for fighting. I take it very serious as previously mentioned. This isn't about learning to swing a weapon and killing or maiming someone. What I teach is the language of my people. How we communicate friendships, intimacy, how we bond and sharing such knowledge to outsiders is rare because few truly understand the significance of being Echani." Finishing her drink, Kat waved her hand and the Force removed all intoxication from her, it was the first time she had done this but needed to so she could actually express herself clearly. "We sit here and speak basic, on Eshan, we would be fighting. I sparred my brothers with no words of Basic to tell them that I wanted to learn every Echani form I could."

Gesturing for a refill, Kat looked at the boy, "this isn't about finding someone proficient in my culture to learn from. This is about you demonstrating that you are worthy to be shown and taught something that to my people is everything, is our very language." Kat explained. "So, Aiden, tell me. Why seek me out? Could have travelled to Eshan, could have attended classes on combat. Why step out of your comfort zone and seek me specifically?" Kat was intrigued as to why he chose her, it would help her in figuring out whether he was worthy or not.

"Truth be told, I'm not sure if I would excel in the art of Echani. Granted I'm not perfect but I know as a Jedi there is always room for improvement, a Jedi never stops learning." Aiden said with a small smile as he took a sip of water from the glass as he looked towards Kat Decoria Kat Decoria once more.

When she spoke, fighting, sparring the art of Echani was the way communicating. Similar to how a blind Jedi sees through the force, or how a Jedi who has lost the ability to speak.....speaks through the minds of those she trusts. Or at least that was how he was thinking.

"So, Aiden, tell me. Why seek me out? Could have travelled to Eshan, could have attended classes on combat. Why step out of your comfort zone and seek me specifically?"

"I believe that is what makes things more worthy. The ability to step out of one's comfort zone to learn more. Not for power, but for knowledge. To have the ability to be one step ahead of those that would seek to harm innocents and harm the light."

Kat shrugged, "you are not Echani. You might do better than those who are not Force Sensitive, but you will never do as well as an Echani. There is generations of fighting that you just cannot compete with." Kat informed Aiden, "however, just because you will not be the best at something does not mean you don't try to learn it. That you don't give it your best. You sought out me instead of the Battle Master, instead of your Master, instead of any Jedi warrior. There was a reason for that. From where I am sitting, that difference is that, a) I am a Healer not a warrior yet I am Echani so the way I view fighting must be unique and relatable in some way and b) I am Echani, and the way we fight is already incredibly unique and different that it might work better for you than the traditional Jedi way."

Finishing her drink, she got a refill and looked at the boy, "nice sentiment but never underestimate the enemy. The fires that burn in your heart to save others, it can burn just as bright, if not brighter in their own hearts for a dark cause you will never understand. You can step out of the comfort zone in the pursuit of knowledge but you want me to teach you to fight, that isn't just knowledge, that is power as well boy. That is why I warned you that the way I approach is so laser focused, because the ability to fight is a power some wield too freely, it is one that must be respected and used when absolutely necessary. Freely flinging yourself in fights will send you down the wrong path. A darker path."

Aiden understood everything that she was saying. He heard stories, he listened to the lectures especially from his father. While he never shied away from them, and thought that he was above them. He just knew what they entailed.

"It's not power I crave, I understand the conflicts and the effects that could come with learning more especially when it comes to lightsaber skills and even hand to hand combat. But I want to be prepared for anything and everything. Not for myself but for those that I want to protect."

Aiden took the last drink from his glass of water and set it back down on the table.

"I'm still young, and I haven't faced the dark side yet. But I know it is a path I want no part off. I swear to you I will respect the teaching of Echani and only use it when absolutely necessary."

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

"Sometimes the most evil acts are done by people with good intentions. Not facing the dark side, not facing the darkness that lays in your own heart, because it is there within all of us, even the most devote Jedi. It can mean you fall towards darkness believing it to be light. Wanting to protect others and learning how to fight to do so is honourable and plenty of Jedi wish to do that. But violence is the solution to so few issues, yet it is the one so many jump to." Kat sighed deeply as she spoke.

Downing the drink and waved the bartender off to acknowledge she was not having another. "However, that is something to that can be explored safely, respectfully and sensibly in combat training. Acknowledging that there is a darkness inside you, that there is a part of you that could be lured, it prevents pride or overconfidence becoming your downfall. I am never going to want to use the Dark Side or be a Sith, but I know that there will cases that will turn me or things that will force me to reconsider. Recognising them though, I can be prepared and lessen the hold they might have on me." Kat explained before standing and paying for her drinks.

"Break of dawn. Sparring room, wear something suitable for sparring in. I usually recommend form fitting and simple. Bring water and a towel, you will be working hard and for a number of hours." Kat stated in a firm tone, letting Aiden know that the sparring will be starting the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom