Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAPI AI System

Image Source:
Picture: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/230/7/6/__chibi_clara_steampunk___by_airinreika-d7vnqbp.png
Artist: http://airinreika.deviantart.com/art/Ever-After-High-Chibi-Duchess-Swan-comission-443894358

Intent: To create an AI that primarily serves as [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]'s assistant/co-pilot while at the same time hacks for fun on the Holonet.

Development Thread:
Scientific Notes: Building PAPI (currently a WIP)
Role Play Thread: Not Your Average AI (currently a WIP)

Manufacturer: Kendall Chubani, unsuccessful programmer

Model: N/A

Affiliation: Not really affiliated with anyone; HOWEVER since her primary user is a Jedi Padawan, Papi could be considered to be affiliated with the Jedi Order and/or Galactic Republic

Modularity: Can be updated with new software pertaining to AIs

Production: Unique

Material: Polyfibe, Synthplate, Plexiglass, Data Pad components

Description:

Strengths and Weaknesses:
+Adapts to any new programming near-instantaneously
+Alerts user to any breach of firewall/attempts at hacking
+Stores all data the user collects (unless asked otherwise) on both an encrypted file and a backup server
+/- Only responds to original user, unless overridden by user
+Is able to slice into almost anything
+Can pilot almost any ship!
+Can be transferred by user to another device
+Can do basic personal assistant tasks, such as place orders, keep tabs on dates, etc.

- Has no physical body
- Can be infected with a virus
- Can be hacked/shut down
- Has difficulties with piloting large vessels (such as Star Destroyers or Death Stars)
- Cannot directly hurt other organics without express permission from primary user

Summary: Papi was an AI built by Kendall Chubani, a largely unsuccessful programmer. The reason behind this was simply because though he had the talent, he lacked true motivation, causing many of his ideas to be stolen before he could put them to use.

After his daughter died, Chubani gained his motivation and set out to create an AI that would not only mimic his daughter but also be useful to the galaxy: hence, "Personal Assistant and Piloting Intelligence". Papi is capable of slicing past most Holonet security systems, though even she can be stopped/stumped if the system is complicated enough or "thick" enough. Any data the user gathers while employing Papi is also stored on both an encrypted file within Papi's datapad and on another server within the Holonet; however, at the express command of the user, she will delete all of those within the user's criteria.

Papi also contains sophisticated enough software that she can adapt to anything the user wishes her to incorporate; however this willingness to absorb may also be manipulated to infect her with a virus. Papi may also be able to fight off and terminate any virus uploaded, but if it's strong enough (like the weird data thing Mr. Ash did in Red Raven's invasion of Barab I) it may be able to rewrite her.

Papi can also carry out the menial tasks of a personal assistant; these include making orders online, giving the user reminders about important dates and schedules, as well as recording notes when the user asks.

Because Papi's programmer did not yet manage to make himself Papi's primary user, the first person she sets eyes on will become the PU and have access to all admin powers. This means that, due to the safety guards set in place, Papi is powerless to disobey a direct order from the PU, though she can and will ignore orders from other beings. Obedience can be transferred to another user via the PU's verbal confirmation, along with a retinal scan. It can also be transferred if the PU completely restarts Papi (as opposed to simply shutting her down), and then having the desired user be handling the datapad.

If the device Papi currently resides in is shut off, but not the AI herself, Papi will remain conscious; however, she will be trapped within the device until it is once again turned on.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Silara Vantai"]

Understood. Both development threads are underway, along with the scientific journal for this AI. All I have to do is begin the journal for ARES.

((Both PAPI and ARES are mine; I didn't realize that AIs were a restricted item at the time of their creation. I promise though I will be devoting the most attention to the completion of both requirement sets))

[member="Silara Vantai"]

Both of the role play threads are near-completion, I believe. Just trying to wrap up a couple more things.

As for the scientific journals, would you be willing to take a peek and tell me if I am doing them wrong, or what other points I need to hit? If that's ok.

[member="Papi"]
You need a thesis written to outline the concept of your AI's design, either in a blog entry or a roleplaying thread. The latest entry in your blog is similar to what you need, but this is more of a scientific thing.

[member="Silara Vantai"]

Got it ^_^

Would I be able to pm you my theses, for both, so that you could help me edit them? If that's alright with you, I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom