Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Paper and Fire

Her home... Tiantang was a place she hadn't been to in awhile. The small jin jedi master was trying to figure out what to do as the ship came out of hyperspace. She had contacted Kurenai, Sukai and Akari... she was going to help out where she could and the yacht she had dropped out of hyperspace. All of the information coming across on the screen as she sat there in the cockpit with the biot who was piloting the ship down towards the planet. She stretched out and looked over at the screen. "I haven't been home in a long time." THe biot looked at her and it was more atrisian in features, taller then Wu and most of the Jin but spoke. "I am not certain master jedi.. I just fly for you as directed but information says that some attacks and battles have been fought on the planet. So I recommend caution."

Wu gave a nod of her head as she stood up and started walking when the ship went for the station that was there. Sala'dine's fleet had reinforced and worked with Shoma to ensure Tokaido a hyperspace lane they had worked on could be utalized to move around quickly when she came to one of the doors. "Padawan we are here." She had heard the news and left the rest her padawan able o come if she wanted to much like Akari and Yayao who was being watched in the room. THe small bundle of joy was well received by Akari even though the five year old was well a force enhanced energy vampire with possibly hyperactivity and a sugar rush always going on. "We will be docking with one of the outpost stations to get a report about what is happening on the world.

Karraala blinked her eyes open. She had been doing a mental exercise in order to memorize how to handle the different parts of her equipment after learning what each of it did during the flight from one planet to the other. She had learned how to use most of them sufficiently by now, although she had not yet learned the why they worked the way they did.
The girl quickly gathered her boots and put them on, then clipped the lightsaber to her belt. One last look into the mirror to see if everything was in place, then she joined her master.

"These outpost stations are still outside of the air, right?" Space was still as fascinating; and mysterious; as it was when she first left her home planets atmosphere. The young child on the other hand seemed just like any other she had ever met. Tiny, loud, fidgety and adorable. Karraala smiled with her eyes and ears. At that age, children had no sense for the complications of life, yet they often grasped the vibe of a situation easily enough.

The young Karta'Esh had overheard the talk of battles on the planet. She hoped her own experience would enable her to assist master Wu and make a difference. After all, how different could strategies be with technology in the equation? Combat was combat after all.

[member="Karraala"]

Wu looked at her and the small baby wouldn't be going with them... no there was a nanny droid for handling her while her mother was away. Looking at herpadawan the question was strange but she spoke. "The stations areinorbit of the planet to not crowd the world with marketplaces. A decision that does work as it means the government can control the flow of supplies and not have criminals normally harming tourists." Wu shrugged though moving with the child as she had the ship docking with the station. They were simple enough, made for resources,production, medical and trade then having an automated shuttle system that went between them all. The jedi master left her daughter in the arms of the droid as it towered over her with four arms and well it was armed, designed to protect the children at all costs. She smiled though and stretched her arms out looking atKarraala. "Are you ready?"

"A'e master Wu. I am ready." Karraala eyed the droid. Was it some being in metal armour or one of those mechanical puppets that moved on their own? Her money was on puppet. "With all that control over the trade flow, is there still smuggle? I know that smugglers are a pain in the behind on my home planet. And that is just between houses." The young padawan was a bit nervous. Should she hold her breath? What if there was no air behind that door? But master Wu was breathing normally. Karraala scolded herself internally. She should trust the Jedi masters judgement, and by extension, the technology the people here used.

She forced her tail to hang down calmly, her ears aimed forward in a neutral position. Karraalas hand rested casually on her lightsaber. She missed the reassuring weight of her sword, but this was her weapon now. She better got used to it.

[member="Karraala"]

"There will always be smugglers and things to be smuggled. While it could be ideal to see a utopia... but it is not entirely possible. Unless you manage to force everyone under your heels... which only breeds anger and depression. When you are gone then it all falls apart." She looked around though as the small port was being attended to. The Jin were a small race compared to many in the galaxy and Wu was considered taller then some as she was an inch or two bigger then most. A few approached her as they wore robes and bowed. "Princess Wu." She blushed and was a little nervous her status as a half sister only went so far but...

"Ahhh please don't." With Zheng missing well and the planet mostly quiet familiar things were relied upon. The men were following her as she motioned for her padawan to follow and got a smile on her face finally. "Ah...very well but with the royal family mostly missing you are the closest to an heir. Even one born out of wedlock holds value with the right family name." And that was what it boiled down to the rightf amily name... it was easier to get the people with the right name and she was moving intoone of the tea houses taking a seat. She wanted to relax as the smell fo fish being cooked was there and her mother waved a hand from behind getting food ready.

"There is always some who don't fit into the pattern of societyl, and those who are too greedy for their own good. I think a strong leader is a good thing. But you need a strong people to follow through."

Shelistened to the greeting. A princess? Why am I not surprised? Karraala thought. Master Wu has a strong presence after all. However, she was surprised by the size of all the people. They were all so small, like children. The young girl almost towered over them, where she was concidered slightly below average in height for her age at home.

The Karta'Esh smelled the fish as well. It didn't soothe her as much as it made her hungry. She licked her lips, her ears smiling at the human behind the counter. The Padawan inhaled deeply again, and there was something else that seemed to tug on her mind for attention, but she couldn't put a finger on it. The woman behind the counter seemed familiar somehow. "Greetings." She offered.

[member="Karraala"]

Looking at her mother and then at her padawan Wu offered a bow of her head. "Padawan Karraala this is my mother." She said it with a look as two plates were given for them and most of the Jin who were around. Wu set the plate down and motioned to her padawan. "Come along and eat some food, Her mother brought some things for them to drink when she sat and looked around. A few of the Jin were injured... the more warrior like ones had tried and been trying to take over for decades so everyone fought eventually and they were going to have to try and help. She was also trying to think of where they should start. It was a bigger danger tojust roam around.

The padawan stood up and bowed elegantly. "It is an honour to meet you." In silence, she thought: 'So handing out food runs in the family.' Karraala sat down again. The food smelled good, and it had been a while since she last ate. However, she could not seem to find a fork. Was this food maybe eaten with their fingers? Some tribes still did it that way, or so she had read.

Trying to do so unnoticed, she looked around to see how other people ate. Karraala did also notice the injured people. Many of the injuries were familiar to her, cuts, bruises. But there were also more burns than she would expect. The girl wondered if they were caused by the burning blades of lightsabers.

[member="Karraala"]

"Oh family has always been cooks but some branch off. When it was revealed about her father well Wu was given a chance to have a better life." Wu looked at her mother and then at her padawan who seemed to be looking and noticing the people around them. She stretched out her mind and reached others, feeling the pain an anguish that they might have.. she was feeling the anxiety that they had. She turned her attention back towards her padawan though and after they ate their food, after they had a chance to get oriented here well then the real training and test would begin. "We'll start after the food, we have much to do I think."

Had master [member="Wu Yeoh-Mei"] read her thoughts? It did not seem as unlikely as it had a week ago, or a month.

"I guess all parents want a better life for their children." The girl agreed. Idly, she wondered how her parents were doing. Karraala was certain they were alright.
"There have been fights nearby, haven't there?" She asked, extending the claws of her thumb and forefinger to delicately pick up one last morsel from her plate and put it into her mouth. The food had been strange but delicious. Deliciously strange? "Who is in conflict with whom? Is it an official power struggle of the houses or smuggler gangs arguing about territories?" Not all of the injured people looked like soldiers. She felt it dishonourable to pull non combatants into such a conflict. It reminded her of thug tactics. At the same time, this felt big somehow. The situation gave her mixed signals, and she didn't like it.

[member="Karraala"]

"There has always been conflict, minor squabbles as is life. recently some of the more barbarian like have come and tried to overtake succeeding several times which is why some went out for aid from the rest of the galaxy but not many came to our aid." She was looking at Wu and the jedi master spoke. "We have aid from Atrisia and there are jedi who have come to aid us but the jedi are stretched thin so we will only be able to do what we can but the jedi can't fight a war for the Jin. that is what is ahppening across the galaxy already." She said it with a look but turned towards her padwan. "After we eat, we'll go and check out the people."

"As you wish, master Wu." She replied agreeing. The girl hesitated a moment. "Houses always wage war, don't they? It's part of politics." She shrugged. "At least, that's the way at home. Military might is strength. From a strong position, negotiations are easier. Though, this bloodshed seems a bit excessive." Again, she looked at one of the wounded. "Is fire often used in combat? Or are his wounds from a lightsaber?" She asked quietly. "I mean, that looks like some ugly burns."

She tried not to look at the man too obviously. She could feel eyes on her back already. But being the only Karta'Esh in this place, she should have expected it. Not to mention that he towered over everyone else. A situation she was utterly unfamiliar with. Unconsciously, she shifted on her chair, trying to look smaller.

[member="Karraala"]

Wu finished the food and rose up as she thought about it. "Sometimes, no lightsabers as far as I know. there is a weapon the Jin developed similar in some ways. White hot metal for sealing wounds and allowing the blade to cut through flesh and armor like butter." She was moving while pulling her hair back into a tight ponytail tying it in two places. For her padawan she had a small pouch of dried meats and food she could use. There was some water for them and her field kit on her hip. She had an idea where to go and start now at least. her mother had been helpful and the ones who were injured wore similar clothing to one of the mountain villages.. THat would give them at least a place to start and see the valley itself to maybe scout ahead. "Are you ready padawan?"

"Yes I am, master." She took the preserved food package and put it in one of the pouches on her belt. Such a useful belt. "I am ready." Karraala followed master Wu, excited that they would do something. Walking close behind the Jedi, the Karta'Esh looked around attentively, keeping an eye out for pickpockets or worse approaching master Wu, one hand resting near her lightsaber at all times.

Everyone kept their distance though. Nonetheless, her ears swiveled all around.

[member="Darkon"]

They were ready to go and the open roads letting them get up towards the mountain pathways were easier to walk. Large flowers and stalks of wheat and food. Stray trees that were scattered, the wind moving the flowers and she could see a few of the mountains themselves. Carvings to make walls and structures, planted trees and artificial walls made to keep small borders. She could see where they had gardens and food prepared, where there was tilled soil. The sounds of a stream that went through but didn't completely carve the mountain up. Just in tiny rivulets going along the gound and down into a larger waterfall.

[member="Wu Yeoh-Mei"]

The Karta'Esh couldn't help but wonder, as they were wandering through the landscape, how similar the trees looked, the mountains, the grass. She had expected... something else. The buildings had looked quite different, the designs and decorations. But out here, she could almost imagine she was taking a stroll through the mountain reach.

Karraala easily held master Wu's pace, even where the path got steeper. "What can we expect from the mountain tribe?" She asked. "Will they not be wary of strangers? Especially..." She tugged on her ears and gave her tail an extra swish. "... since they probably have never seen one of my kind." The padawan inhaled the fresh air deeply.
It was lovely here.

[member="Karraala"]

"All jin arewaryof strangers but most are hospitable... there is no reason to judge a person by their appearance eat first. It is their character one should look at. The clans of the mountains might be a little more rough around the edges, might have ways that are considered stranger... but they won't attack unless we are bringing weapons or something wanting to attack them. THey will try to respond." Wu was walking and looking up at it as she searched for where they wanted to go. One of the pathways that had been blocked off and waters controlled... dried creek beds would prove important or slightly muddy ones. She crouched down looking at it and pointed up the stream where it trickled and was dammed to move water to layered crops.

[member="Wu Yeoh-Mei"]

"If they only attack armed people, should we approach them with these?" She petted her lightsaber hilt. Karraala watched master Wu inspect the creek bed. "I don't mind a little rough around the edges. Many foot soldiers are." Her ears grinned. "And they are the best bunch usually." Crouching down, tail extended for balance, the padawan looked up and around, trying to find possible spots where others might be hiding. In her head, she plotted a course that would keep them clear of such spots, hopefully avoiding an ambush. "I think we should head that way." The girl suggested, pointing up a narrow path.

[member="Karraala"]

She gave a look and nod of her head to that. "Walking around without a means to defend yourself or at least show you could can be just as dangerous. The main thing it intent... while we don't have to attack them if we present something perceived as an easy target it won't help us." She said it and tried to explain it... like with animals in the forest.. you might not attack them but present yourself as not something that was prey for them. Wu was going up and she looked aroud the hills as the flowers rose up higher for most Jin but she still looked around. Trees that could be seen and were more ideal to provide shade on a long journey. "here we go." She was looking at it and stopped for a moment pointig out the circle around the tree. "Salt, the more religious put it to make protective areas in the dark. At night under the full moon it is said gumiyo come out. Spirits that seduce and drain the life... but no one has been able to prove or disprove them... mostly because those who meet them are supposed to perish."

Karraala nodded. She understood fully. "My mother sometimes sprinkles salt on the doorstep and windowsills to ward off evil spirits." She explained to master [member="Wu Yeoh-Mei"] .

"And I understand about not being an easy target." Her ears grinned amused. "I don't think I look like one." She extended her claws for a moment to emphasize. Her lips lifted in a more human like grin, if humans had different teeth. Her upper fangs became visible, just for a moment, then the girl closed her lips again and her fingers were only tipped by smooth skin and fur once more. "Or, as one author wrote it: Purr softly, but never blunt your claws."

As they approached the tree, the Karta'Esh knelt down for a moment, looking at the ground. "Someone has rested here." She indicated. "A few hours ago. They have eaten here..." The padawan pointed at a patch of flattened grass. "...and leaned against the tree here. Probably to take a nap, or just to watch the scenery." Karraala stood up again. "They can't have gotten far."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom