Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready For Judge PanAm Reconstruction / Modernization Refit

Jakk Likonis

J
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a replica / restoration system to bring canon vehicles up to galactic modern standard.
  • Image Source: N/A (no image)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
STRENGTHS
  • Allows facsimiles and replicas to be made of canon starships using widely available stock generic pieces and parts. This same process can update an existing antique.
  • Craft have all the strengths they had according to canon, and can compete with modern counterparts.
WEAKNESSES
  • Canon craft are not made "stronger" by modern technology, and are simply brought to galactic modern standard; they possess all the weaknesses and limitations they have in canon.
  • Because of the use of generic parts, PanAm cannot fabricate specialized (read; restricted) technology such as cloaking devices, crystal grav traps, and other equivalent technology into its replicas.
  • A replica produced by a vessel's canon company will always outperform a PanAm reconstruction due to their intimate engineering knowledge of the original.
  • Because the R/MR depends on publicly available records, prototype or singularly unique vessels cannot be reconstructed from scratch as it is assumed there is little to no record of them existing.
DESCRIPTION
(IC):

The PamAn Reconstruction/Modern Refit (R/MR) program is primarily a technical library; using public domain historical records from institutions across the galaxy (such as Library Galactica, the Graf Archives, and Celebratus), PamAn maintains detailed archives on historic starships and their corresponding visuals, physical dimensions, and specifications and capabilities. This library allows PanAm to replicate a facsimile of a given vessel's spaceframe (exterior) utilizing a synthicator to produce each exterior plate, sheet, and strut piece by piece.

Once a replica's shell is completed, the craft's internals are then retrofitted with modern generic pieces and parts, such as updated engines, power core, wiring, avionics and programming, shield emitters, and communications arrays. The result is a fully functioning replica indistinguishable in performance from their antique counterparts, yet capable of competing with modern craft due to updated technology.

(OOC):
Abuse for the retrofit remains relatively low, I feel, given the amount of weaknesses I've tried to incorporate into the program; essentially anything with exotic or restricted technology is going to be something PanAm can't build. For example, PanAm might be able to build a TIE/ph replica, but it wouldn't be able to install a cloaking device - that would be up to the character to procure and submit via their own personal vessel submission. Likewise, canon company replicas will always outperform PanAm replicas. The Refit is mainly envisioned to be a way for characters to utilize old starfighters, freighters, and corvettes and not have them be antiques that are several thousand years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakk Likonis

J
Cough

Sorry for the double post, but this is my very first attempt at a tech submission on this site. Used to do it all the time on my old one. If I missed something obvious, do let me know!

Also...do I have to have a picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom