Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Paint The World Brighter

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked slowly as she watched Vera mimic the display with.. Wonderment. Wonderment, of all things. She smiled after that moment of surprise before just reaching down to pat her head. Smiled and nodded. "Yeah. You're alright, yeah?"

<C> "Iris, I felt what was happening. I don't know if you can respond, but please tell me she's okay,"

The Knight blinked again, glancing to the com on her wrist. Then clicked that on too. Just as the shuttle started to settle down one end of the alley. Domxite's droid form came rushing out, practically sliding towards Iris and Vera before stopping in front of the little girl. A wave of emotion, mostly concern, washed out as they tried to communicate as they always did.

"Let's get you home, Vera. Your mother probably wants to see you."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Tag: Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Mhmm!" Vera hummed happily with a big, bright smile in response to being patted on the head. She didn't even really pick up on the unconscious or dead men all around them — she focused purely on Iris, who was one of the coolest people in the Galaxy right now to her.

But of course, the familiar voice of her mother sparked a reaction as well. She was bouncing on her feet a little, but also had a slightly worried look on her face when she realized something, "Mommy sounded scared." Which she didn't really understand because Iris was there with her. But it also meant that she needed hugs.

When they arrived back at the Noble apartment soon after, the door flung open before they could even hit the buzzer, and Valery was quick to pull a squealing Vera up into her arms. "Mommy!" Vera called out, while Valery rubbed her cheek against her daughter's and tightened her embrace a little. "I'm so happy you're safe, little star." She enjoyed the hug like this for a moment longer, before shifting Vera to just one arm and reaching over to wrap her free arm around Iris.

"I knew she'd be in good hands with you. Thanks for spending the day with her and thank you so much for protecting her."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris smiled ever so faintly once mother and daughter were reunited. She hated that this was something that Vera had to deal with, being targeted. Hunted. No one should ever have to deal with that. She paused for a moment as Valery opened the hug to her. Then, pretty quickly after, pulled them both into a tight hug. Squeezed, even.

"Of course, master. I'll always keep her safe."

"I know," Valery said, her voice trembling a little from relief alone. Nothing meant more to her than Vera, so even though Iris had signed up for her protection by taking her out, she still felt like she owed her former Padawan something that could never be repaid. "I hope what happened didn't ruin the whole day..." she added with a weak smile.

"Nuh uh! We painted and ate spicy food!" Vera quickly answered while her little arm tried to reach for Iris so she could also get hugged. "Master Iris is really cool, mommy."

"Oh I know, Vera," Valery chuckled and kept her face buried into her daughter. "I know."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris didn't hesitate to return the hug to Vera as she wanted it, but at the same time she did want to give Valery some space. The colors told a tale all on their own, the kind that she didn't want to intrude on. She gave a kind smile to Vera's words, but took a step back. Turned to lift up her comlink to start talking to the guard. Give them their moment on their own.

"I'm going to fill the report, okay? I won't be too far. You two just.. Spend some time together, okay?"

When Iris made the offer to go write the report, Valery looked at her and blinked. They were important but they had plenty of time before submitting one. But she quickly understood what Iris was doing, and flashed her a smile of appreciation. If there was one thing Valery needed right now, it would be some alone time with her little star.

"Alright, I'll catch up with you later, okay?" Valery asked before she looked at Vera, who wanted to chime in too. "Thank you for taking me to the park, Master Iris! Bye bye!" she exclaimed happily as if nothing had really happened. The fact she was getting so used to it, though, bothered her mother a lot.

"Why don't we plan a little day out with the two of us? Like the festival trip we took," Valery proposed as she took Vera inside, and that excited the little Noble a lot.

[End thread?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom