Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawanhood [Saran Drast]

Eenes sat outside the Jedi Temple and listened to the sounds of life and death.
All around speeders blazed and people chattered, the sounds of Coruscant. Sirens wailed in the distance, and if one listened closely, they could hear blaster fire, whether from blocks away or many meters below. Eenes found it much more... perhaps not relaxing, but useful to meditate out here than in her own chambers, or even the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Out here, the pulse of the Living Force was beating out its rhythm in a way that could never be felt inside the temple.

Saran stood at the temple entrance, watching the padawan at the end of Procession Way. The Quarren was a healer, and an idealistic dreamer. Or so others had said. A master had mentioned a padawan might be good for Saran, especially one who was so vastly different from her. Walking slowly down towards @[member="Eenes Kokad"], the knight stood directly behind the padawan. "Hello. I take it you're Eenes?"

Eenes has sensed Saran's approach, but hadn't expected her to stop or talk. She supposed she was just here to thank her for Ossus. Still, no need to be brusque.
She opened her eyes and stood slowly, turning to face the Knight as she did so. "Indeed. And you, I believe, are @[member="Saran Drast"]?"

"Yeah." Saran replied, sitting down next to @[member="Eenes Kokad"] "I have to say a few things. First off, thank you for Osses. I'd be dead if not for that." Depending on how the padawan responded, Saran may need to word her next thing carefully. She hoped that the girl was as idealistic as she had heard.

"You're very welcome. It was the least I could do." Assuming the conversation to be over, Eenes prepared to return to her meditation. Of course she had healed the other Jedi. What else was she to do? "Congratulations on your promotion, by the way."

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran sighed as @[member="Eenes Kokad"] prepared to mediate. "Thanks. I do have something I need to ask you, though." By the Force, this was awkward. She didn't know enough to teach this girl. She was hardly better than the Quarren. Why do they think this is good for me?

Saran sighed. "Well, I've been told in no uncertain terms that I'm to take a padawan. And that it should probably be you." @[member="Eenes Kokad"] was certainly as old, if not older than Saran. This would be interesting.

Saran wondered why this would be good for her.

"I... I see." Eenes stood surprised. This was unexpected, to say the least. The Miraluka had only just been knighted, and couldn't be much older than she was - she might even be younger.
Something @[member="Saran Drast"] had said stuck out in her mind. "'Told'? So... this isn't your choice, then."

"That depends on whether or not you're a lawyer as well as a Jedi. Technically, it's still my choice. But I've been told that I need someone there to stop me from going to far." It hurt to admit it, but the man she met a week ago had been right about one thing. She was slowly slipping to the darkness. And that was after all the time fighting.
@[member="Eenes Kokad"]

A faint smile played across Eenes' face. "Well, I daresay I'd be good at that." This was an interesting development. Only time would tell whether or not it was a good one. "So... what's your plan then?" She hesitated a moment, then cautiously added "Master?"

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"Well..... What all do you know?" Saran had very little knowledge on how to teach a padawan. She had never had a master herself, and was hardly old enough to be a knight. And she certainly wasn't familiar with @[member="Eenes Kokad"]' s full skill set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom