Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Padawan Diplomacy

Before Kara had joined the Jedi, she assumed they were all just lightsaber swinging, Force throwing warriors that fought the Sith and protected the innocent. Which wasn’t entirely untrue, but she now realised that was quite the stereotypical belief.

Especially after she had finally opened herself to the Force without fear of hurting someone. There was a lot more to it than the general public ever got to see, let alone experience. And Kara had only started dipping her toe into those waters.

She had experienced a number of missions already, mostly with a group of fellow Padawans. Other times it was with only her Master. But this most recent one had surprised her. They wanted to send out a pair of Padawans to act as mediators in a minor trade dispute.

The simple fact they were trusting two Padawans surprised Kara. But she supposed if they knew it wasn’t going to resort to violence, then a Master or Knight wasn’t required. That and well...those were likely needed on the battlefield these days. Especially with the ongoing conflict with the Maw and the increasing hostility with the Empire.

So Kara waited in one of the temple’s hangars. Leaning against the ship they had been provided for this mission, awaiting whoever her partner in this mission would be.

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Kara Jade Kara Jade

Briana made her way at a timely pace to the hangar bay where she was to meet her partner for this weeks 'adventure', her hair held back in a long, rather elegant tie, that whipped behind her with each step of her clipped gait.

This wasn't her first mission where she was paired up with a fellow Padawan, but it certainly sounded like one of the most mundane, even though she'd practically been raised to handle these exact sort of conflicts. Trade disputes. Ick.

Then again, perhaps a slow down after recent events wouldn't be so bad.

Seeing the form of whom she could only assume to be the woman she was supposed to be meeting, brought on a sudden sense of self-consciousness. With a quick swipe of an index finger beneath her lips, Briana checked for errant smudges of lipstick and smoothed down the wrinkles in her black jumpsuit before making her approach.

"Hey there," She offered casually with a dip of her chin, "It's nice to meet you. Kara Jade, right?" The name, coupled with the blonde hair, made her instantly think of Romi Jade Romi Jade , silently wondering if there was any sort of connection there. Romi had left quite the impression on her during her time at the Enclave on Ossus. Without hers and Valery's influences, she wasn't sure she if she would have been able to adjust to this life. "I'm Briana. It's good to have a new partner... is this what they have us flying?" her hand smoothed over the hull, a subtle spark lighting behind her cerulean eyes, excited to get her hands on the controls and see how it worked.

JediD.png

She was staring at the ground, lost in her thoughts when Kara heard the sounds of boots approaching her. Many others had gone by, either passing her or walking in the distance. But there was no mistaking it when a presence on the Force was nearing.

Kara looked up, taking note of certain features. Brunette, blue eyes, the Padawan tried to remember if she had seen the young woman before. Likely had, but probably lost amongst the numerous other Padawans she had yet to meet properly.

That’s right, and I’m guessing you’re my partner for this little mission.” Whereas Briana had greeted with a small nod, Kara held out her hand for a shake, flashing a smile.

Briana…where have I heard that name before?

It took a few seconds but a flash of recognition ignited in Kara’s grey eyes.

That wouldn’t be Briana Sal-Soren would it? You’re one of Master Noble’s padawans.” Kara chuckled at the sheer luck of running into another one of her students. At this point she had practically met all of them, with only Cailen being the one she hadn’t directly spoken with. “She’s been something of a mentor to me, when my Master hasn’t been available.

Realising she had rambled a bit there, Kara turned her attention to their choice of ship for this mission.

Indeed it is, it’s a KDY Four-Five-Seven Assault Starfighter. More commonly known as a ‘K-Wing'. The Kuat Drive Yards have been back in full swing lately, so this is fresh off the line.” Kara walked around it a bit, hand gliding over its hull. “Nothing too crazy, but suitable enough for getting us to the planet safely.” After all, their destination was a planet situated along the Galactic Alliance’s border.

Given the Empire’s recent assault on Ilum, they don’t want to leave any chances in case we run into anything.

Bri4_1.png

Briana_Div.png

BriPRof2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Kara Jade Kara Jade

Briana watched as Kara extended her hand in greeting and obliged her, returning the gesture in kind with a firm shake and a bright smile.

“It is nice to meet you."

As introductions finished, she noticed the change of expression on Kara’s face and in her mannerisms, the inevitable moment of recognition settling in.

“That wouldn’t be Briana Sal-Soren would it? You’re one of Master Noble’s padawans.”

A slight flush tinted her cheeks as she nodded in response. Growing up as part of the nobility on Naboo meant that she’d grown up in the public eye and constant scrutiny. Being that she was the inheritor of her mothers titles, there was a certain expectation that came with her status, requiring Briana to maintain a specific image.

Upon her initial arrival to the Jedi, Briana had tried to keep her royal status hidden from her friends and fellow cohorts, preferring to be recognized for her merits and skill rather than a name or title. Unfortunately, this had become even more impossible since Valery’s rise to Sword of The Jedi. Not that she wasn’t proud, but it did make her feel like she had to be more vigilant on keeping up appearances. Her hands found their way to her pockets, a practiced smirk pulling up one side of her lips, "The one and only." she said with the sort of inserted bravado that only a Sal-Soren could truly muster.

“She’s been something of a mentor to me, when my Master hasn’t been available.”

Briana listened patiently, nodding here and there to show that she was paying attention as Kara explained how she knew Valery and what their connection was. "I'm not surprised to hear that,” she told her, a certain shine behind her eyes, “Valery is nothing, if not caring and dedicated to all those who call themselves Jedi. I look up to her quite a bit, myself. I'm glad that she was able to help you out when you needed it."

Hauling herself up the ladder, Briana took a cursory look at the controls, her eyes glistening over as she scanned the intricate control panel of the ship. “She’s a bute,” Briana whistled, willing everything within her to hop down before she quite literally attacked the console.

“I doubt we're going to encounter much, if any, resistance. Even though the Empire has been stepping up their attacks, I doubt this mission would have been sanctioned for a couple of Padawans if they thought we would be facing any real threat. Not that I'm complaining... especially if we get to fly this." Her eyes wandered back to the ship before resting on Kara again, “Do you mind if I fly us in?"

Briana_Div.png

Last edited:
“I'm glad that she was able to help you out when you needed it."

Me too, initially I had struggles controlling my connections. I’m a bit of a late bloomer so to speak, didn’t awaken my connection until much later in life.” Emotions were tied with the Force, it determined how you used them, how strong they were. And if you weren’t careful, it could lead down dangerous paths. It’s why Padawans were typically taught when they were still only children. Helped grow both connections to find an even balance.

Suffice to say, Valery kicked my arse enough that I was able to get a better hold of it.” Kara laughed at those memories of those initial training spars. The intent had been to provoke and challenge the Padawan. She had grown so withdrawn, so worried that she’d hurt someone in an outburst, that the Jedi Master had to draw the power out through combat.

But I wouldn’t have had it any other way, if not for her I wouldn’t still be here, learning how to become a Jedi.

Kara watched with amusement as Briana climbed up the ladder to take a closer look at the controls. While she didn’t have a personal interest in the mechanical side of things, it seemed her partner for this mission certainly did. It reminded Kara of an old friend, one she hadn’t seen in an awfully long time.

True, I highly doubt the Empire would involve themselves in something so minor. Nor has there been any skirmishes in the sector. But you never know, life tends to throw curveballs.” It was always best to have some caution, just in case something ‘surprised’ them.

Kara chuckled as she caught the look from Briana, the sparing glance from the ship to her. “By all means,” she answered with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom