Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawan Adventures.... They're.... Grate

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Nikias"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

She was looking at them now while thinking about it. There was a lot there... kind of from what little she could see. "There is crystals in the stones, it is a very interesting kind. Thick and heavy making small worn away roadways. Zak is looking but I saw some underwater caves down there that could be explorable in the future with equipment." Looking at the two girls though who seemed to be relaxing and she could almost feel what was coming off the man... thankfully falleen and not zeltron so all the pheromones and none of that empathy to feel everything would be coming her way before she spoke some more. "The other islands look interesting, some smaller and some that were looking larger. We should set markers for the ones we have explored."

She was looking at many of the things and standing there for a moment got her robes putting them on as she stretched. "Oh that felt good though, we should keep looking. There are so many islands and who knows what else we might find here let alone of the rest of the planet. Some of the places looked like cities but everything was overgrown and looked old. Never know what we could get or the polar regions, the deserts on that one continent. It looked like it was one of the few places that might not be sunk by the sea." She set her jewelry back on with the saber on her belt before going for her hair with a ribbon. "Come on you two lazy bones, lets go get you all sweaty in the jungle exploring or island hopping."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z8OKU48xMw​

...the Nautolan Jedi ghosted along the continental shelf, taking cover in a bed a sea grass as a pair of aqua-stormtroopers passed overhead...

...ridiculously attired in a tuxedo despite being underwater, because he was a secret agent Jedi and secret agents wore tuxedos everywhere, the boy was on a mission to gather intelligence about a secret Sith base tucked away and out of site beneath the tranquil oceans of a distant alien world...

Something sparkled.

The glimmer caught the boy's fickle attention span, interrupting his imagination play as the aquatic youngling swam through the sea grass to dig at the sandy bottom with his hands. There was a pyramid-shaped object. It was metallic... or, maybe crystal? Whatever it was, it kinda looked like a holocron. Except holocrons glowed and this one just looked like a paperweight.

Maybe it was broken?

Picking up the small object, the boy tucked his head back and began ascending toward the surface. Breaking above the waves, the child's head looked around for signs of the others. Had the mouth breathers headed back to land already? Frog kicking, the child surfed along the surface until he was close enough to shore to stand up. Water shedding from off his small form, creating puddles where ever he stepped, the youngling weaved up from the beach to where Orihime was standing. "Buried treasure!" the boy declared, holding the broken data crystal, holocron, or some other such device out for her to take.

There. Task accomplished.

What was the task, you ask? Zak didn't know either. But whatever he was supposed to have been doing, he'd just done something, so we'll just put the check in the block and move on.

"I'm thirsty," the youngling chirped. "Can... can I get some juice from the ship?"

[member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Nikias"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Joza Perl"]​

[SIZE=10pt]Standing on the edge of the sand Nikias enjoyed his time as he felt the sea breeze against his pale skin. How it cooled him and he was just enjoying his time looking out at the ocean and listening to what they had found beneath the water. "Hmm maybe we will have to return to the wor-" Nikias was cut off as an invisible weight pressed against his back pushing the Hellyni forward and directly into the ocean. Hitting the water face first Nikias sunk beneath a wave that aimed to submerge him. Eyes shooting open he felt a flash of not only embarrassment but slight excitement. Standing and exploding from beneath the water Nikias wiped his white hair back and away from his face. Now slicked down to his head and torso covered in water Nikias' body shined as the sunlight caused the droplets of water on him to sparkle. "You're next Joza." Nikias said nodding his head and making his way back to the sand. It had been one of the few changes of clothes he had brought and now they were completely soaked. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rushing up onto the sand like a rancor going after its prey Nikias would bowl towards Joza's legs aiming to grab them and drag her into the water. "I agree with Orihime! I just think that Joza needs to wake up a bit more." [/SIZE]

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Joza Perl"]

The moment Nik hit the water, Joza exploded into laughter, latching one hand on Valae’s shoulder so that she wouldn’t fall over. Oh, this was good. While typically of a more serious demeanor, the pink skinned Padawan couldn’t help but harass the Prince. Maybe it was her inner youngling, but it was apparent that Zak was probably not the most immature Jedi present.

Her laughing came to a gasping halt as she finally caught sight of Nik barreling towards her. It was too late for her to try and dodge or retaliate, so she had no choice but to try and kick him. Which didn’t work to well. And thus, Joza was dragged into the water, literally kicking and screaming.

She surfaced quickly after being submerged, her hair unfortunately wet and plastered to her face. Pushing it to the side, she glared daggers at the Hellyni man. It was okay when she pushed him in to the water, but it wasn’t alright when he did it to her! Didn’t he know that?! “Ugh!” She declared, holding back a few choice curse words only for the sake of the young Nautolan. She whipped her head back at Nikias, stalking out of the water as gracefully as she could. “You’re a dead man, Nikias! I hope something eats you in the jungle!” She snapped. “Do you know how terrible my hair looks when it’s not dried with a diffuser? And I don’t even have all of my hair products!” A travesty indeed.

[SIZE=11pt]Brushing her hair to the side, she twisted it to try and squeeze out some of the water. “Any of you ladies happen to bring any pomade with you? Or some keratin oil?” She glanced at the female Padawans hopefully before sighing. “Well, I suppose that we should get moving. Try not to push me into a mud pit or something, Prince.”[/SIZE]

[member="Nikias"] [member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Valae Kitra"]

Valae watched as Nikias was hurled towards the water and she joined Joza for a good laugh. It had been a long time since she’d felt the lightness of such laughter, the kind that almost brought you to tears. However, their fun didn’t last long... Her dark eyes grew a bit wide when she saw Nikias’ strong form barreling towards Joza, and realized that she didn’t want to get caught up in their friendly feud. Valae’s feet quickly stepped to the side, and out of the way of Nikias’ war path.

As the Zeltron was being dragged towards the water, Valae edged closer to Orihime and Zak. She thought that she’d heard the youngling asking for juice, and it so happened that she’d packed a few in her bag. It was known to a few of her friends that Valae's friendly state took a downturn when she was hungry, so she made it her way to always have a few snacks. It was always better to be prepared, there were few things she hated... but one of them was an empty stomach.Valae pulled the rucksack from her shoulders, pulled out a small juice box and handed it to Zak. “There ya go.” She said with a cheery smile, before her attention was drawn back towards the Zeltron.

Pomade? Keratin oil? She had always been a bit fascinated by the women that took the time and effort to style themselves. Valae’s philosophy was simple when it came to hair... wash and go; she’d never seen the need for anything more. She’d never even attempted to use makeup before; as she was terrified of making herself look foolish... perhaps she would ask Joza for a makeover sometime. She shook her head slightly to indicate that she didn’t have anything helpful to offer, and looked towards the islands up ahead.

“Does that look like a cave up ahead?” Valae asked, pointing into the distance. There was an island that looked to be home to a large rock formation. Perhaps there was something to be found there..."Should we go see?"

[member="Joza Perl"], [member="Nikias"] [member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Nikias"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

There was a lot going on she could see, the few pieces of rock she had found was heavy and like holding marble stone. Zak had found something while the padawan raised an eyebrow seeing Joza dragged into the water. Valae was near her and she had brought juice while Orihime took one of the cans of jerky out of her pack to eat some. Then the small bottles of multi colored drinks. The Saori hostesses they had working for Sasori who worked on some of the things. She took one of them. "My mother makes these." The flavored milks were made for them to work with. She had one of the bottles and tasted the orange flavored milk with a nod of her head. Grow up big and strong. "Yes lets."

She had a small smile looking at some of the things they were doing there while she looked at the cave. Crystals out of it giving attention to some of the things but it wasn't force crystals like on Ilum or Rhen Var. These were more solid and covered with shade. "Pretty." Going through the caves she whipped out one of the handy Seimei explorers glow rods, made for near infinite use with recharging and recycling the energy like a lightsaber plus waterproof casing for underwater. Only real different was the color of hers as she lifted a loose piece off being a purplish blue in the light. "Hibridium crystal, I think it might be something else." She was looking at many of the things nodding her head while walking through the cave and feeling the sand.

There was the strong scent of sea water and pools filled with some small crabs she could look over the things crouching down. It was an interesting time and Zak was working on some of the things... he was being all awesome jedi padawan in her opinion while she wondered if they were going to have to break up a fight if Joza and Nikies went at it more.... okay maybe that was a bit much but she had in her back stuff for her hair to work with it as she jingled the can for Joza to come running and join them. She was looking at some of the light filtering in from small openings as vines came down in some of the areas in the back of the caves while she crouched down and walked.

"It looks like a tight squeeze." Luckily she was small enough taking over with the light to look through it while she spoke seeing some things. "It is like a little footpath over here." She could see a pathway going in while squeezing through and sucking in all that she could. The rocks digging into the robes that thankfully had some protection from the rocks scratching her. She was reaching out with the force energies when on the other side and it looked like they were near sections of the trees that were getting thicker and more congested. Rocks making a nice secluded area she could look through while walking and leaving room for them to join her. The jungle obscuring a statue while she pulled at the branches and vines to uncover it.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel tagged along with the group. Sometimes she was happy to take the lead but right now she was content to follow and give help when needed - but primarily play the team member. Orihime was clearly most knowledgeable and so she deferred to her and the others as they progressed. And she was sure her friend had noted the tension between two of the Padawans and Sorel was ready to intervene if necessary.

Still an erratic posting schedule - sorry :(

[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Joza Perl"] @Nikias @Zak Dymo

She stayed on the path to lead them, looking over the jungle and stonework while she turned her attention to it all. Motioning for them to come along while some of the trees were looking over all of the things. Pulling at a vine to clear away some of it while she knocked over some of the fruit touching the hard surface knocking on it with her fist. It echoed as liquid inside was sloshing when she shook it peeling away some small strands of leaves. "It is interesting... and smells fresh I think." She wasn't certain but kept walking while the jungle sections opened more into some carved stones overgrown leading up to a bridge over a pool. The fish in there moving around as she approached looking down at them.

Sorel Crieff

Jungles. Most planets had them and she'd visited a fair few in her time. She'd yet to face the most fearsome she'd heard of - Dxun - but she'd survived Dagobah and knew you could never underestimate the flora and fauna of even the most friendly of planets. And she was also wise enough to know that it was often insects or plants that were at the top of the food chain - not necessarily the biggest mammal (or reptile).

She followed her friend to the bridge and the pool and sensed the fish there. It was very tranquil and she guarded against becoming too complacent.

[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nikias"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Orihime was looking at Sorel and there was all of the others who were following, just like when they first met what better way was there to do things then explore to find out. Plus the bridge meant there had to have been someone here at one point or another. They might not be around still but they could work off of that and try to learn all that they could while she was walking and shifted her glow rod to illuminate the stone with murals of the ocean and islands. Massive statues showing different figures with what looked like fire for eyes that could be lit up across mountains and large distances to she wasn't certain. The ocean was massive as well with a huge thing that came out of it flailing tentacles. "That looks like a sarlacc in the middle of the ocean... maybe it was on an island that sank into the sea and survived.... I don't think I would want to come across it." She chuckled but there was a lot of things she could see the mines they were taking crystals and ore from. Whatever this was all carved into she could see the stone.

Grimacing, Joza wrung out her hair the best she could. Thanks to the humid jungle environment, it would likely become very frizzy if it managed to dry in all of this humidity. And if it didn’t, it would become a half-dry half-static mess that Nikias would surely pay for in the future. But she’d get him back later, figuring that she was not setting a good example for how a Jedi should act.

Orihime’s jingling of the can was akin to someone rattling a tin of treats for a dog (not the best comparison…) and caused Joza to snap her head in their direction. Jogging to catch up, the Zeltron squeezed herself along the narrow rocky path before taking time to marvel at their surroundings. Her green eyes flickered along the various murals and statues, narrowing in thought. “Ugh…good thing no one swam out too far. I would hate to deal with that thing.” She commented at Orihime’s mention of the sarlacc. “Do you think whoever lived here had some sort of religion?” She glanced up at the statues once more, as if trying to figure out their meaning.

[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Nikias"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

Sorel Crieff

Sorel lookd for Zak. Perhaps he was aware of the Sarlaac? Either way, she was glad she hadn't ventured further into the water - it was not a fight she would have liked to have on dry land - let alone under water.

She glanced between Joza and Orihime. "There's a lot more to this place than first appearances revealed." She was now dressed in her robes again, her hair tied back and dripping water down the back of her neck.

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

Orihime looked at the two of them and with all of them ready for it she thought about it. A massive sarlacc in the middle of the ocean wouldn't really be the most.. welcoming thing and given the ancient ones were massive on a planet while still living. She was worried but. "Maybe they had a religion, may be it was just a hazard they saw... It is unsure." She had a small grin on her face though while working on it as she pulled some vines away to show other stuff. Large boats and bridges leading to the mainland as they took valuables.. she was guessing. The squiggly lines over the carts seemed like it might have importance before she was pointing to a platform and running towards it. "I think we found something." It was a raised table covered in stones and bumps. All in different sies with some showing small pieces of wood connecting them or others showing massive monoliths that were carved statues. "THis looks familiar." From orbit and heading down all the tiny islands looked like this just dots spread out across the ocean. Her hands were touching them as some show when she looked closer small images carved into them like temple or villages. One of the larger islands with a central area was colored red. "This might be a map... maybe, kind of reminds me of a model of a city some museums have."

“Hm?” Joza gravitated over to where Orihime was, eager to see what the other Padawan had found. “Ooh…” The Zeltron took in a moment to gaze at the collection of stones before moving closer to briefly analyze them as she moved in closer. “Huh, you’re right.” There was a bit of surprise in her voice when Orihime pointed out the alleged map carved into the stones. “So if this a map…is this where we are?” She questioned, pointing to the red area centralized on one of the big islands, turning to the other two women for confirmation or denial.

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

Sorel Crieff

Sorel nodded her agreement with the logic of her fellow Jedi. “I think it’s safe to say it’s a map. My question is why. As in why have a map here? Is this a tourist area, or some theme park or something else?”

She looked from one to the other for their opinion. “I’d rather know before we progress any further. This could be a nature reserve for deadly predators for all we know — or just a beach resort — although the sarlacc makes me wonder about the latter.”

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

She was wondering that as well, Sorel's point of why make this was... "I do not know but if could help us." She was looking at Joza with a small nod of her head. "We should search for anything that might be able to tell us what this place is but I think it might be one of the main areas for whoever was in the islands. Assuming it is accurate we might be able to map it for ourselves and find where ruins might be to investigate. Would certainly save us some time exploring but we'd still have to get over there." She was looking and taking the images with the small palm holo and her datapad while looking at the two. "Smile." Taking some pictures of them for the fun of it, she was hoping the others would like at least show up with them but no matter. She could work on the things with these two while [member="Zak Dymo"] drove the others crazy.

Valae had listened silently when the others spoke more about the ocean and the possible presence of a sarlacc lurking beneath the waves. She had been starting to view the water with a level of comfort now, but the thought of the creatures that stirred the oceans made her heart jump. Despite her apprehensions, the padawan's eyes were locked on the vast, blue that stretched out into the horizon. She didn't even notice that her companions had started moving into the jungle. She turned slightly to see that she was now standing quite alone, and she felt the panic rise inside.

"Ok, stay calm..." She spoke aloud to herself and closed her eyes.

She reached out with the force and felt for the presence of her friends. It didn't take long to find them, their group easily stood apart here. Quick steps brought her through the jungle as she moved on a path towards the others. For a moment she mused that this place reminded her a bit of Felucia, the only other jungle world that she had seen so far. Valae began to hurry, her feet bringing her as swiftly as they could until she burst out into the clearing where her fellow Jedi were gathered around a large stone.

Valae bent double and gasped for breath, fitness was still one of her challenge points. But Phew, she had caught up with the others. Once she caught her breath, she straightened up and moved to join them.

"Sorry... Got distracted." She said, grinning.

[member="Orihime Ike"], [member="Sorel Crieff"], [member="Joza Perl"]

A thousand apologies! I'll keep up now.

As soon as Orihime pointed the datapad’s camera in their direction, Joza immediately went into picture-ready mode. Lips pursed, chin lifted, torso bent forward slightly with her upper arms pressing against the sides of her chest in an attempt to make it look fuller. Can’t take the Zeltron out of the Jedi.

Shortly after the impromptu photoshoot, Valae caught up with the rest of the group. “There you are!” Joza whirled around, giving the brunette a smile. “Orihime found something interesting. Some sort of map, we think.” Grasping Valae’s hand brazenly, she lead the Padawan over to where the rest of them were. “It feels like we’re in a holoflick, you know? Like the Jakku Joe flicks!” She was referring, of course, to a series of holoflicks about a famous adventurer who traveled to mysterious words and braved exotic dangers.

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

Seeing the team slightly reunite was great as she wondered what devious machinations Valae had managed to trap Zak in with.. maybe he was tied to a tree with something tickling his feet. Or he might have realized he was mostly surrounded by females and run away from the cooties. Either way she looked at Joza, Sorel and Valae as if this was a holoflick there would likely be some of the more dangerous things from a mistake. Grinning to herself. "Oh we could have some fun with that scenario... means we might find a boat or jet skies for high speed water adventure." Oh that sounded exciting while she pushed a few of the ideas forward getting the pictures of the others... Then herself near the map so they could have a full view of it for their own use. "We might be able to use this to plan and navigate the islands while searching. Maybe some of these larger ones will lead us to more information."

“A map?” Valae asked, just as Joza took hold of her hand. She let the Zeltron lead her forward until she too turned her gaze to the mysterious slab before them. A giggle escaped her when Joza mentioned the Jakku Joe holomovies, and she nodded her agreement. But she was finding that life as a Jedi in general was still very much like a fantasy story, never had she thought that she would end up in a place quite like this, going out on adventures with friends. It was a far cry from her life salvaging goods on Tatooine, that was for sure.

She looked down to study the map, some of it seemed to be worn away in places, but one thing stood out to her. There was a small island next to what Valae guessed was their position, and there was a rather ominous symbol carved above it, like a tribal face... and it was barring teeth. It could mean many things, but she guessed it was some kind of warning.

“Maybe we should avoid this one...” She pointed to the spot on the map. Valae had a tendency to want to avoid trouble, but she had the feeling that some of her fellow padawans had a penchant for being a bit more mischievous than she. For now she would wait to see where the others wanted to go, and this time she would make sure not to fall behind.

[member="Orihime Ike"], [member="Joza Perl"], [member="Sorel Crieff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom