Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packin' Meat [Janus]

| [member="Janus"] |

Ord Mantell was the world in which Alicia Drey was set to meet with the Paladin Consortium. The Acavus-class bulk cruiser, that has taken her from Chandrila to Ord Mantell, was currently docked at the capital's spaceport. On board was a selection of different meats and vegetables, that served as a supply run for the Paladins. It would be the first of many supplies ran to the group of mercenaries, as both Chandrila Group and the Paladin Consortium were set to agree on a contract, which would see the former supply the latter with foodstuffs for the foreseeable future.

There were other reasons for Alicia being here. It wasn't just foodstuffs, contracts or the advancement of Chandrila Group was a company, that had brought her to Ord Mantell. With recent developments in the Black Tie Syndicate and her new position as one of Manda'lor the Reclaimer's Mando'ad, there might come a time where she would require protection from both sides.

The Paladin Consortium were guns available for hire. What better way than to gain relations other than giving them something to eat? The term killing two birds, but with one stone came to mind. She would advance her companies status through this contract and set up future relations with a band of mercenaries, who were hungry to make credits. She sensed that today was going to be a rather successful venture.

Gallor-Royal_Palace.JPG
Ord Mantell
The Consortium had started their headquarters on Nar Shaddaa for the first few weeks of their operation, but soon changed location due to the fact that the crime planet was becoming a hotspot for galactic activity as of late with the Techno Union's collapse. The Paladins were now tasked with defending the Union from invading forces, quite a task indeed.​
On Ord Mantell lay a small mini-city on the edge of a cliff. Its population was entirely that of Paladins and their families, the native members being driven out to other settlements on the planet. Any who resisted were injured or killed by Paladin riot forces who showed no mercy. The Consortium got what they wanted, that much was obvious.​
In the center of the city lay a very large tower which stood significantly taller than those in the rest of the city. On one of the uppermost floors sat a large office, dark mahogany doors looming above the outside hallways. A small team of four Paladin Honor Guards stood at the door, barring any prospective intruders from entry. Insider would be the man [member="Alicia Drey"] was coming to meet.​
Janus.​

| [member="Janus"] |

Alicia entered the office, supporting a dark trench coat that hung over her honed frame. Licking her lips to wet them, she turned to admire the office and it's architecture. She was used to this now, coming to meet new faces and leaders of organizations, such as the Paladin Consortium. Most had been hit and misses, eventually fizzling out into nothing. Perhaps the Consortium would be worth the trip, if not only for the contract Alicia currently needed, but for other things as well.

"Hi," Alicia said, turning her gaze to the man before her. She wanted to appear nonchalant to him and so her greeting was exactly that.

The room's architecture was overall quite dark, with almost a medieval style to it. Most of the furniture was made out of expensive stained woods, and the walls were made of dark marble. Janus would sit on an almost throne-like seat made of mahogany with gold highlights upon a slightly elevated platform, something he always used to make himself seem superior in business meetings. It always helped to intimidate the other party a little bit. An enormous banner was draped across the wall behind him, displaying the symbol of the Consortium proudly across its face.​
The masked man would cock his head towards her as she greeted him, an almost analytical feeling radiating from him. After a moment of silence, the egotistical man would reply. "Hi, indeed. I am Janus. I understand you are here to discuss food?"
[member="Alicia Drey"]​

| [member="Janus"] |

"Yeah. That's right." Alicia took a few steps forward, settling her gaze on Janus. She found him to be peculiar and mysterious. Coming to a stop, she allowed her arms to fold her chest as she said: "My names Alicia Drey. I run an agricultural corp on Chandrila. I made contact with your organization about setting up a supply run between Chandrila Group, my corp, and the Paladin Consortium, your organization. I brought with me the type of produce you can expect from Chandrila Group. I'm currently unloading as we speak."

[member="Alicia Drey"]​
Janus would listen to what she had to say, his expression completely hidden beneath the mask he wore. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking, if he was listening, or if he was even awake. The man would sit motionless upon the throne for several moments, leaving another awkward cloud of silence in the air after she spoke. After a minute, he would speak again. ​"I see. What makes your product better than what we are importing now. Is it healthier? Is it cheaper?" He didn't see much of a point in switching food production lines unless there was a good reason.​

| [member="Janus"] |

"I don't know where you've been buying your supplies thus far. I can only assume it is from neighboring systems. But Chandrila Group was founded on a world born and bred for farming. And we aren't going anywhere. Small time farmers or suppliers will inevitably go out of business because the agricultural market has taken a massive hit, due to lack of investment. But Chandrila Group will still be here in ten, twenty, thirty years from now. And beyond that. We're reliable. Trusted."

"Our produce is healthy, I make sure of that. I think you will find our prices fair and we cover the costs of delivering the supplies with our Acavus cruisers. Getting into bed with us is good the long term. We won't forget the people that helped us into the position we will find ourselves. In a years time, we'll be rivaling A.T.C."

Janus would restrain himself from giving a snort of laughter at the woman's comment. It was a bold claim indeed to say that in the time of a single year, one's company would rival that of the Trade Queen Danger Arceneau. Still, her words held promise.​
"Your claims are bold ones, Ms. Drey. However I have heard little about your organization, and I find it... difficult to believe that you will soon rival the might of the Arceneau Trade Company. I will make you a deal, Ms. Drey. I will give you a contract for a single month at reduced cost for your food. If my men like your supply, I will give give you a contract extension at the end of the month for regular price. If not, then I get to enjoy the luxury of cheap food for a single month." His offer would be a gamble for [member="Alicia Drey"] to take, but it had the potential to pay off in the end on quite a large scale for her corporation.​

| [member="Janus"] |

"Change is inevitable and the waves are coming to shore, Janus. We have an accord." Removing a Lenoi II datapad from her trench coat, Alicia brought up the prepared contract and signed it off. Lifting her gaze to Janus, she said: "I require a signature. When the month is up, we'll reconvene for another discussion for a more long time contract." Walking to his desk, Alicia lowered the datapad before him, waiting for the contract to be signed off.

The man wouldn't move in his seat, though his eyes behind the mask would quickly read the highlights of the contract. After ensuring it was to his standards, he would give the datapad a quick signature. It was done.​
However, the man sensed something was still on her mind. The force told him there was something else she wanted to discuss with him, so he would take the initiative. "Is there something else you wish to discuss, possibly on the subject of the Consortium's services?"
[member="Alicia Drey"]​

| [member="Janus"] |

"I have to be at another star system within the next day, Janus. Time is of the essence." Picking up her datapad from the desk, Alicia read that the signature had been signed. The contract had been set. One month of supplies to the Palapdin Consortium, with the option of pursuing a long term contract, should Janus and his mercs find Chandrila Group's produce palatable.

"I expect that the Paladin's will receive a notice for an upcoming job from yours truly. But until then, Janus, I bid you good day. It was nice to meet the man behind the curtain." Turning, Alicia made her way out of the office and back to her ship, having got what she wanted from the exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom