Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pace & Perspective (Sia)

Sia

S
Her eyes widen subtly at his reveal. “I’m sorry I-“ She had assumed. In some regards her assumptions had been spot on— born from privalge. Naive, probably, in many regards. But he had tried to bridge the divide. He had brought himself down to her level. He had...tried.

So not arrogance then. That just made it harder to shun him. She gave a heavy sigh, her shoulder’s dropping. “I’m jaded,” she stated, owning the title for the first time. “I didn’t mean to make you explain yourself, I-...”

He had been honest with her.

“I just have a hard time trusting. Hard time believing anything, I guess,” she grumbled, abashed. She had just hassled a prince. “....I try to be a good person. Use to be a lot better.” The admittance was hard, but necessary. She reached into her shirt, pulling out a set of tags. One was her own. Her fingers reached for it naturally.

“Unit 124, Coursant. I fought for people like you— with people like you too. They’re all gone now. Everything I had done, undone...”

Last edited by a moderator:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Unit 124, Coursant. I fought for people like you— with people like you too.
They’re all gone now. Everything I had done, undone...
”.
Caedyn Arenais had never been involved with the Galactic Alliance, however his Father had been involved in the fight between them and the First Order, as well as fighting for several worlds of the Outer Rim Coalition back when Caedyn was off training with the Je'daii and his former Master. "I don't know much about Coruscant...-Sorry" Caedyn admitted, and subsequently apologized for not understanding the premise of her struggle. Sure, he understood that the Jedi Order had one of their largest Temple's based upon Coruscant, and that it was essentially the Capital world at the center of the Galaxy...-But his experience was pretty much nil. "I know there are Jedi that operate out of Coruscant, but I've never been there", this would change in the days ahead, yet for the time being there was little he could say for himself.

"I know how hard it is trying to be a good person, when there's so many bad things happening out there though" He spoke after a thoughtful pause. "All these massive organizations and political movements make it difficult to feel as though we have any impact at all on the Galaxy, with how easily they can seem to wage war against each other...-But it's the people I care about, the Citizens of society, not their governments" he had seen how easily politics could corrupt or break down someone's day to day life, how it could negatively effect families of those involved.

Were Sia to do any research into Commenor, she would learn that his Mom NPC Treasury NPC Treasury had been tried and convicted of a triple homicide, while the media so kindly neglected to explain the kidnapping, torture and fall to the darkside that had been orchestrated by Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis , the right hand to the Sith Emperor himself. Not to mention his Father's fall to the Darkside and subsequent attack against the Jedi Enclave of Deneba. Caedyn had a great deal of experience when it came to trying to maintain a positive outlook on life while everything seemed so grim at times.

"I'm not going to try and sell you stories of how great life as a Jedi is...-It's blasted difficult at the best of times and we don't often receive any gratitude for the things that we do" he continued, giving something of a simple shrug of his shoulders, stating the truth. "I do it because I feel it's right, but it's not for everyone and I respect that too".

• Love
Reactions: Sia

Sia

S
Sia shifted in place. She had also never looked at it that way-- protecting the people, not the government. Come to think on it, while she had intended for the former she had always done the latter. Orders were orders after all.

She couldn't deny that he had a way with words. They showed her a new angle of things, one that had her second guessing herself in a way that only bred discomfort. For the first time in years she found herself face with the old moral problem of do or don't. Last time the 'dont' had won out, I mean obviously, just look at her.

"That's a pretty little speech," she told him quietly.

A stillness filled the air.

She rubbed at her arm, looking over her shoulder to where her ship would have been, but wasn't. Would it even be waiting for her upon her return? The terms were clear-- stay and do the jobs we assign you. She had done the job, but circumstances had forced her off the path. She couldn't have known she'd be used for- Oh. But they did.

The betrayal of the Hutt came to her a little too late in the game, but it came to her nonetheless. He had double crossed her. Tipped off the Sith and kept her ship. How had she not seen that coming. She let out a subtle groan, her head falling into her hands. She was running out of places to go, and here he was offering himself up. It was an idea that was still hard to swallow, but in the end, she found herself offering a middle ground.

"...You say you're trying to find people like you...? ...Data bases are inefficient. You'd do better asking the people." A skill of hers, clearly. "I don't want to train, but...I'll help you track people for your cause, you keep the sith off my back," she offered, her words slow and intentional.

Caedyn Arenais

C
'A pretty little speech'...

Was that how he had sounded? As though he were giving a speech and speaking somehow formally or officially? Caedyn had been speaking his mind as the words had come to him, having invested so much of himself into this way of life, it just came out naturally. He hadn't meant to sound as though he were trying to win over any favor.

"Sorry, I guess I've got a lot to say for the Jedi" he apologized, "I'm so used to being criticized or looked at suspiciously because of my ability to practice the Force and use a lightsaber" he admitted further. As he had noted earlier, there weren't a great deal of trust in this Galaxy for the Jedi. Most people put more reliance behind military or government regimes, despite the fact that the Order had contested the reign of the Sith for centuries.

"I don't want to train, but...I'll help you track people for your cause,
you keep the sith off my back"
Caedyn looked back at her curiously, the surprise in her offer being evident across his gaze; He clearly hadn't expected the day to conclude with a new found companion for the journey back to Svivren. "You want to become a Jedi Seeker?" he asked, not thinking about the fact that she'd not recognize the title for what it was. "Someone who searches for Force Sensitives in the hope that they might train with us, to become a Jedi Knight one day" he reiterated for her sake.

"You'll be provided with shelter and security, plenty of it on Svivren. As well as means of travel if you require it".

Sia

Sia

S
"I don't want to be a jedi anything," she asserted, her tone sharp. She paused for a moment, then forced herself to soften an edge. "...I mean it, I don't. I'm not some good person, Jedi, don't get me confused. I don't want a piece of this-- I can't-" She took a deep breath, trying to keep her thought on track.

This was as much about fulfilling a need in her as it was about insuring her survival-- even if she didn't see it there. "... But I'll help you. If you can keep the sith I've been dodging off my back, I'll-I'll... I'll try to help you with your cause. "

He wouldn't understand the levity of that offer from her. She hoped she wouldn't come to regret it.

"At least until I find a better option. ...Seems now a days it boils down to you or the sith."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Who would I be, to look a gift horse in the mouth" Caedyn nodded in agreement. Considering the situation and the bigger picture of all things, even if this was only to be a positive influence on Sia, then that alone would be worth an introduction into her way of life. Svivren could prove to be most useful for her, were she willing to live alongside other Jedi within the Enclave there; Otherwise the capital City of Wrils wasn't too far off from their location and Sia would be certain to find a place of temporary residence there.

"Is there a specific name I should be aware of in this mention of the Sith chasing you down?" He inquired further, wondering if by chance he had come across the same people that were hunting her. "The Temple Guard are more than capable in keeping the Enclave safe and protected from outside threats" he added for her reassurance; not to mention that Svivren was the primary location of which numerous Jedi Knights and Master's were housed.

"Should you need to collect any of your belongings, we should probably set off sometime soon".

Sia

S
Sia grimaced, picking up the saber and shoving it into her bag. "No. Only that she left with a crate of these." Out came a Kyber Crystal, turning end over end through the air as she tossed it his way to look.

"Seemed special to her. I grabbed one. ... 'some jedi thing, isn't it," she asked, her frown lines deepening as she leaned forward and eyed the crystal in his hands.

"Is it dangerous?" Came the wary question. She really didn't know much about this stuff. It would soon become apparent.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn caught the Kyber crystal and studied the rock for a moment, though it was fairly easy to assume what it was by the mere glance and from what Sia had explained regarding the Sith being interested in a crate's worth of them. How many lightsabers would be powered from a crate's worth. How many would die at the stroke of their blades...

"These Crystals can provide the power required for our Lightsabers to work. Think of them as though they're the batteries to our weapons" Caedyn explained in as simple a form as he could for her sake and clarity of understanding, "They've also been known to be used in other various weapons, dating as far back as the world killing weapon that the First Order used to bring down the Republic..." five weapons disintegrated in a single strike from Starkiller Base before it had been brought down by the Resistance, or so the stories told. It was well before their time, and the details were found only in records today. The Holonet and the Jedi Archives.

"Perhaps they were searching for the Sith Empire's use, though they have plenty of these as it is from what I'd last seen..." he commented, remembering the flair of crimson blades as the Sith had pushed their way through the streets of Chasin City when Commenor had been invaded. He and Asaraa had been there, trying to get others to safety while retreating back for the palace. It had been his first taste of true war.

"There are many different variations of Crystals that can be used in our Lightsabers, some with unique and distinguishing properties...".

Sia

S
As it was in a moment like this, Sia heard one thing and one thing only.

"So its expensive." The question was more a statement, the woman wanting to hear nothing else. Survival boiled down to the credit in your pocket. She had known her fair share of hungry nights. they were a prospect every job she took on was meant to solve. He saw the crystal for what it was-- a battery. A means to an end. Even a weapon. She saw money.

And a bit of comfort.

Her hand stretched out, like a child grabbing at a toy. She was anxious to have it back then, afraid that the chance for income was as fickle as the Jedi simply... deciding not to hand it back over.

It was a jedi instrument. She had stolen it.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Valuable to those who know their worth, yes" Caedyn agreed pensively, studying her closely. Caedyn had never wanted for credits, so he had never really had to fight with the morality or ethics of trading potentially harmful goods for a living.

To him, the answer to the question was cut and dry, yet he also hadn't been where she had, lived as she did. He was careful not to judge too harshly, for she also lacked the training and upbringing that he carried with him in every day.

"Perhaps it would be better to keep them for your own sake however" he encouraged Sia, looking to offer an alternative in a manner he hoped she'd find more appealing; "Should you ever choose to create a lightsaber of your own, these Crystals could be attuned to you".

Naturally she wouldn't see the promise of such a thing at the moment, but perhaps in time and with a bit of further encouragement, there might come the opportunity where Sia might wish to do so. The Crystals likely to add a much deeper sentimental and spiritual connection to the Lightsaber of her own design.

Sia

S
The look she gave him would come of no shock, her ‘Nice try there buddy’ delivered loud and clear.

“No Jedi business. Except for where there is jedi business, and I track and that’s that.” She tucked the crystal into her waste band, intent on keeping it closer now that she knew its worth.

“Now,” she gestured for him to stand. “You mentioned heading back?” She kicked over the fire, steel toe boots coming down in the embers. She was antsy to leave now that he was here. Jedi always brought sith with them.

She wasn’t sure they were safe enough out here now. Not until the air had cleared.

She offered him a hand up.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Can't blame me for trying" Caedyn chuckled softly under his breath before taking Sia's hand though picking himself up mostly so that she didn't have to carry his weight; it was a matter of manners on Cae's part.

"I did suggest you gather your belongings first, mind you..." Caedyn replied further, gesturing to the woman before glancing in the direction of The Repertoire. It was still a ways down the beaten path yet, though wouldn't take long before the Corvette would come into view. A rather sleek and expensive looking vessel, it had been built for he and his Sister by their Father, back in a time where the Twins had been far younger and another pilot had been employed to watch out for them.

"Is there nothing else you'll need to bring with you?".

Sia

S
She grimaced, giving him an abashed shrug. “S’all I need.” Which was a pretty way of saying it was all she had. She had lost the rest, bit by bit. Sia had never been willing to really do what it took to grant herself financial security while remaining awol.

She tossed the meger bag over her shoulder, the clanking of the lightsaber against silverware being the only thing of value still inside. Funny, how she hadn’t sold that one yet. She certainly could have done with the money. That didn’t matter now. She had his aid. A bit of relief blossomed across her, weight lifting off her chest. At the same time, a bit of dread dropped in her stomach. Hell she was gonna regret this.

She yanked her shirt straight, then gestured out before her. “Okay, jedi. Lead the way.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom