Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.I.A.(Personal Integrated Assistant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli Wren

A
Intent: To allow the user to have the aid of a computer without lugging around a data pad or other things.
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industries
Model: XR-02
Affiliation: Baktoid Industries
Modularity: Yes, it is able to have several forms, from a chip added to existing armor, a chip planted in the users haad, or an external device worn over the persons eyes.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Organoform circuitry ( aka circuits :D )
Description: This chip no mater which method of use. The chip planted into the person, it added to a helm, or on some other external device located near one's head, allows the user to see through a hud, and interact with any compatible computers near by. It also can activate advanced enough grenades and other weapons. It offers Quantum bit Encryption and boasts a large selection of software from hacking tools to vr games. It also offers a limited AI to control it and any other computers on your person to help optimize its use. Each AI has a unique personality and strives to help its carrier to its best ability often becoming friends with its user by filtering through news feeds and products using a profile on the users own personal tastes. It has military and civilian uses and thus should be fairly popular. It also allows one to immerse them selves in Virtual reality and other forms of electronics. The muse is a great asset to any person as it helps with targeting, interacting with warfare devices and in your everyday personal life.

I guess i didn't think about it that way. i am talking about a computer that one provides useful functions and can or cannot have an AI personality l that one can interact wireless with your belongings and can help you in processing any data you need to process for instance it can anticipate the need of your thermal vision. it can go through news and only flag stories it knows you will want. this of course involves a learning process with the AI. it basic assists you in every thing on you that can be communicated with via computers. it also enables you to access communications and the star wars version of the internet. via the chip in your head/external device.

Well you get a AI personality in your mind that may or may not have a visual representation, So I suppose if you wanted them to show up on your visual feed, and you wanted them to look like a hot blue chick than yes you can... have a hot blue chick in your head.

Alli Wren

A
Think more Jarvis from iron man... I would guess if you need more of an idea of what I am proposing.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Heya Alli. Let's talk about your awesome gizmo here.

• Q: Wrist Link? - Yep. The most common tech in all of Star Wars. I hope everyone has one. Lol. It kinda already does everything.
  • Q: Can I add an A.I. to my Wrist Link? - Nope. It's too small.
  • Q: Workaround? - Oh yes. First build a Supercomputer. Program the uber-expensive and time-consuming A.I. however you want. Then link that Supercomputer to your Wrist Link via a phone call. Tada! Your instant A.I. is only the push of a button push away. Just call him, ask him, and say thank you. Easy as pie.
  • Q: Holographic Interface on my Wrist Link? - Go for it. It's just simple software, time, and money.
  • Q: Can I use my Wrist Link to wirelessly hack stuff? - Go for it. It's just simple software, time, and money.

Go ahead and give me your feedback here. Otherwise I'll go ahead and deny this. It was a really cool idea. :D

Alli Wren

A
It is far more than a Wrist link, it is the next step in cybernetics if nothing else.. I was including the external method for those who don't wish to get it implanted into their bodies. It is a way to connect electronics and your body. To have a connection to the processing of a computer/AI merged with the human brain and able to interpret your eletronic signals to it, so that you can do things with just at thought. It is far more than a wrist link, but the next step in computers, you do not need a super computer to do this.. I will invent this in stages if you wish but using Quantum computing(real world science) I feel it is more than believable to have such a device in such a small package. as i have said before star wars underestimates computers and as a computer science major, hope that a galaxy as advanced as star wars can put an AI on a chip in your brain or some other place along your body.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Cybernetics makes perfect sense. No problem. Your good there. The A.I. is the hold-up. You'll need something bigger than a micro-chip to hold and run a 'Cortana'. Lol.

Thoughts?

Alli Wren

A
You do understand.. the rate that tech grows... right.. every 12 to 18 months... we fit double the number of processors in the same amount of space.. and Quantum computing is where we can do even more in less space due to the fact that we can have more than one state, in the logic, I am arguing that you don't need more necessarily, granted sure its asking alot.. to put an AI on a chip but i mean... I will put more chips in the head to supplement it if I need to :D But if this still doesn't work for you, then perhaps an instantaneous and constant connection to a communication network spread across most of the galaxy and growing, and can be supplemented by special modules in starships, to extend the range of this communication network where the A.I. is actuall hosted on several duplicated servers in several locations throughout the galaxy.
Example of small computer
[ Quantum Computer

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ah. The old, 'our world vs. theirs' argument. Lol. Uh oh! I'm in trouble now. :p

Let's talk StarWars for a minute. I'll get to the 'Earth Tech' in a moment.
  • Droids are A.I.'s. Let's look at their size.
  • Starships have A.I.'s. Let's look at their size.
  • Super Computer's have A.I.'s. Let's look at their size.

Okay. So now we have a size. At the smallest, a droid's head. Lol. Now, let's see how they interact with humans.
  • Droid. Speech, buttons.
  • Starship. Speech, buttons.
  • Super Computer. Speech, buttons.

Uh oh. No 'Brain-mapping' tech yet. Guess they can't hear us 'think' just yet. Lol. So here are the full-stops I'm going to make here:
  • A.I.'s fit in Droid Brains. Holocrons, maybe. Not tiny micro-chips. Size matters.
  • A.I.'s can't read your mind. Lol.

Okay. Now work with that. And see what you come up with in your new 'Cyborg Surgery' you are selling here. Lol. :D

Alli Wren

A
I am not suggesting they can read our mind, they use the signals the brain already has to interpret commands, Yes for more advanced functions you need to talk to them but lets say it is a series of implants which utilize the signals of your body to communicate. Plus, a spinal cortex device that is actually attached to your neck, and can't be removed, that allows for more processing. It can be replaced if destroyed or damaged but if it gets taken out... your going to have trouble... ( best to not have this happen) It can also blend in.. with cosmetic upgrades so its less noticiable. ( it can be attached to other places i guess but the neck makes the most sense to me.. and if your really rich you can have it built into your neck ( at great cost and great danger of things going wrong, making you more cyborg.. with tech actually taking over normally biological functions of your body such as the transfer of these signals)
Second idea
They utilize a computer on your ship/ships/ communication arrays nearby that let the AI processing happen. and just has a real time connection to chip which allows it to do its processing separated from the individual.. if nothing else perhaps its built in to a suit or the vertical cortex or something on your person.

I think this can be viable and workable if i find out if I need something slightly bigger than the cortex or suit I am proposing. Utilizing either real time communications with an not present module of some sort or using some sort of an accessory as the container for the processor for the chip that is in your brain. and finally if you think it is just not possible for a human/other species to have, than I propose it as a module for an cyborg to have.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"...I am not suggesting they can read our mind, they use the signals the brain already has to interpret commands.." - Alli Wren

Same thing. Your splitting straws now. The answer is still No. Now, let's talk cyborgs and androids then:
  • Cyborgs have Human Brains. A.I.'s don't read these.
  • Luke Skywalker had a cybernetic hand. It worked via his brain. However, it was not an A.I.
  • Standard Droids and Human Replica Droids already have an electronic mind. But. ...They don't need another A.I. They already are one. Lol

Now. With that in mind. Go back to the drawing board and re-imagine this. I am here as an RPJ to approve or disapprove this. Not build it for you. And make sure it accomplishes something other than a Wrist Link or a single personal phone call to an Astromech Droid, can't.

Submission Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom