Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Outrider Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex

bI3lQHw.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Missiles — The Outrider was equipped with a short-ranged Missile Deactivation Transmitter, which provides the nimble starfighter the ability to deactivate incoming missiles within a kilometer area.
  • Maneuverability — The Outrider was designed with maneuverability in mind. This starfighter can soar and swerve to evade enemy fire.
  • Tugging Along — A Grappling Mag was installed on the backside of the starfighter, which provides the Outrider the ability to tug astronomical objectives, like stranded starships or smaller asteroids, through either realspace or hyperspace.
WEAKNESSES
  • Electromagnetic Vulnerability — The Outrider can experience electronic disturbances from electromagnetic pulses, either from Ion Cannons or from natural phenomena.
  • Forward Firing Arc — The Outrider's armaments, its laser cannons and torpedo launchers, are fixed and forward-facing, which forces this starfighter to get behind or before enemy targets to afflict damage.
  • Corvettes — This starfighter is vulnerable to point defense lasers that anti-starfighter corvettes are equipped with.
v67u9H1.png

DESCRIPTION
The Federal Cooperative has made its bread and butter on the reproduction of classic designs from the aughts. They had a reputation for selling their products at a reasonable price. The Rimward Trade League would approach the Federal Cooperative in 858 ABY and request a multi-role starfighter that could perform search-and-rescue missions. The Federal Cooperative turned to its Aurebesh Series, refitting the AS-01a with a grappling mag to tug stranded ships, and additional scanners. In 860 ABY the Federal Cooperative would fulfill a bulk order consisting of hundreds of the refitted starfighter – the AS-01b Outrider to the Rimward Trade League.

Last edited:
Ingenium Ingenium - The ratings you have are balanced, which is great, but I'm having a hard time accepting the following as an acceptable/balancing weakness - as that's not really a flaw or a drawback in the Starfighter's design. If anything, that'd be more suitable as a weakness in the Codex via the Unit Creation Template, rather than the Factory proper.

Small Cohort — The Outrider fly in small groups on the frontiers of the Known Galaxy. The far-flung forces of the Rimward Trade League are frequently outnumbered by conventional military forces.

You're more than welcome to keep it in the weakness section, but I would suggest that something else replaces it - especially when compared to functionality of the strengths. I would recommend going with fixed forward weaponry, as you've based this design off the provided artwork. However, what you decide to go with, is ultimately up to you.

Feel free to @mention me when you're done, and we'll see about passing these off for a secondary review.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex
Ingenium Ingenium - The ratings you have are balanced, which is great, but I'm having a hard time accepting the following as an acceptable/balancing weakness - as that's not really a flaw or a drawback in the Starfighter's design. If anything, that'd be more suitable as a weakness in the Codex via the Unit Creation Template, rather than the Factory proper.

You're more than welcome to keep it in the weakness section, but I would suggest that something else replaces it - especially when compared to functionality of the strengths. I would recommend going with fixed forward weaponry, as you've based this design off the provided artwork. However, what you decide to go with, is ultimately up to you.

Feel free to @mention me when you're done, and we'll see about passing these off for a secondary review.

Hi LT-137 LT-137 ,

Per your suggestion, I've swapped the "Small Cohort" weakness with "Forward Firing Arc." Does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom